[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I can't believe I fell for the therapy meme
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: Ellen_Page_juno-1.jpg (92 KB, 393x370) Image search: [Google]
Ellen_Page_juno-1.jpg
92 KB, 393x370
>tfw my therapist broke up with me
>we've been doing Cognitive Behavioral Therapy every two weeks for a year and I'm still an anxious, dysfunctional mess who can barely go outside and can't even make a phone call
>she says we've made no progress and that I'm "clearly not yet ready to change" even though I took every single one of her fucking Jew pills that broke my dick and made me shit blood and did every single stupid meme exercise she gave me
>she's such a money-grubbing whore that she still wants me to come in once a month to give her my money when she herself has admitted we've made no progress and that it would be a waste of time
>I literally pay her $3 a minute to listen to me do most of the talking and have her make the occasional vague stock comment or incorrect wild inference
>the therapists that are covered by my insurance don't do CBT and are generally incompetent and only suited to fix normie problems
I literally get a better therapy session with you guys than with these bloodsucking PhD-having leeches.
>>
IV Ketamine is the future for depression and anxiety. It's real hot in modern Psychiatry right now, that and Psilocybin / MDMA research.
>>
>>29107183
In case you think I am bullshitting you - you can literally sign up for an ongoing clinical trial here

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02083926
>>
>Needing treatment for social anxiety disorder
Literally why? You can't force someone to be social, they need to find people they're comfortable with. That's like shoving a jew into a room full of nazis and wondering why they can't socially interact with each other. GEE I WONDER WHY.
>>
>>29107317
It's not just Social Anxiety Disorder, literally any depressive or anxiety-related disorder can be treated with intravenous Ketamine.

And you don't know how severely debilitating S.A.D.can be - some people can't even leave their houses because it gets that bad.
>>
>>29107005
>american
>goes spend money on a female psychologist for a fake 'mental illness'
You asked for it op

>>29107317
Kek
>>
>>29107374
>And you don't know how severely debilitating S.A.D.can be
Actually, I do. I have it. I just don't fall for retarded memes about it.
>>
>>29107434
lol@your self-diagnosis, you living meme
>>
>>29107317
I can barely leave my house. I couldn't handle college and I can't handle a job. I can't concentrate on anything because I'm too worried about stupid, inconsequential shit like what I'm doing with my hands or if I'm blinking too much. I walk manually everywhere I go. I have no friends. I can't even talk to my mom. I can't go to a store or supermarket. I can't make a phone call. It takes me a week to build up the courage to send an email.

So yes, I need treatment. I am currently unable to live anything resembling a functional life and I can't keep living like this. It's not that I'm not social--I'm actually a very sociable, outgoing person deep down inside. That's just overridden by the mental illness.
>>
>>29107478
Yup, a doctor giving me that diagnosis sure sounds like a self-diagnosis. And I sure love spending 24/7 in my room because I just LOVE the thought of having to go outside of it.
>>
>>29107493
Never implied you shouldn't receive treatment, I was generally referring to idiots that think drugging themselves up would work, or that therapy by itself would work.
>>
File: 1444688480460.gif (415 KB, 488x519) Image search: [Google]
1444688480460.gif
415 KB, 488x519
>browses /r9k/
>expected therapy to help

HAVE YOU LEARNED NOTHING HERE? IT CANNOT BE HELPED.
>>
>>29107005
As someone who's seen a lot of therapists, they vary quite drastically in quality. Sounds like you got a shit one. Also, I'd recommend seeing a therapist the same sex as you, it seems if they're the opposite they have a more difficult time empathizing with your problems.
>>
>>29107493
>I'm actually a very sociable, outgoing person deep down inside. That's just overridden by the mental illness.
Sounds like the CBT had some effect after all.
>>
>>29107005
>claims to want to get better and change
>still posts on forums and imageboards
Pick one and only one
>>
>>29107493
OP, take some hard drugs. Seriously. Better to risk your health than live in those conditions for much longer.

If you need more help, just ask me, but it's safe and easy to order almost every drug in existence online. Try amphetamine, one benzo like Xanax, and perhaps also a psychedelic like LSD or psilocybin. Possibly MDMA too, but that's better done with other people since it enhances social bonding.

These drugs won't cure your problems, but they may temporarily let you feel and act normal, or better than normal, and that might help you learn the things you need to do to get to that state naturally or with therapy.

I was, and mostly still am, just as bad as you. But some minor drug experimentation has helped me see that I'm not a total failure. I can essentially act like a Chad for 6-8 hours given the right drugs, and it still feels like "me". Even though I still struggle with anxiety, those experiences have helped make me more confident and secure in my ordinary life. Like there's something buried in my brain that makes me normal and friendly and outgoing and pleasant to talk to; it's just being blocked right now.
>>
>>29107005
I didn't find CBT useful when I was doing it, which was like 10 years ago, but now I use some of the skills in crisis time. I wouldn't pay too much money for it though. I have avoidant personality disorder though so there's only so much therapy can do and I have too addictive a personality to go back on benzos.
>>
>>29107509
Get a second opinion, it sounds more like you have mild mental retardation.

>>29107541
>referring to idiots that think drugging themselves up would work

Except it does work.
http://www.pharmaceutical-journal.com/news-and-analysis/features/the-secret-life-of-ketamine/20068151.article
>>
>>29107608
No, I was always like that. It's kind of hard to explain. Under the right circumstances, maybe one or two days every three years, I'm capable of going full normie. I walk down the street and feel calm, I don't compulsively worry about how I'm standing or walking or breathing, I can look people in the eyes, I can listen to music through both headphones instead of just one, I can make phone calls, I can buy groceries--it's great. It's not manic or anything, just calm and normal. And then the next day I'm back to being this neurotic fucking mess that can't do anything and all I can think about is how those one or two days are what normies feel like all the time--normal. Even though I know many of these thoughts and fears are irrational I still have them and they fuck me up.
>>
>>29107317
>That's like shoving a jew into a room full of nazis and wondering why they can't socially interact with each other. GEE I WONDER WHY.

But I don't run a global parasitic banking syndicate, I just want friends.
>>
File: [Continued Laughter].jpg (11 KB, 222x227) Image search: [Google]
[Continued Laughter].jpg
11 KB, 222x227
>>29107317
Smart, make me kek.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.