[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Self Improvement Thread We used to have a lot of these threads
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: your-new-self-1.jpg (153 KB, 548x365) Image search: [Google]
your-new-self-1.jpg
153 KB, 548x365
Self Improvement Thread

We used to have a lot of these threads before the robot was turned back on. Talk about what you're doing to improve yourself and your progress. Examples include exercise, reading, writing, studying, sports, and hobbies

I'm currently:
1) training for a marathon
2) learning a language on Duolingo
>>
>>29104016
what language are you learning on duolingo pham? Im learning veitnamese and spanish rn. Learning vietnamese since my gf is viet but im also starting to workout and meditate
>>
>>29104075
Spanish, I figured it would be useful. I've tried several times to learn it.
>>
>>29104106
How long have you been training for that marathon buddy?
>>
>>29104167
6 months, although I'm doing minimal exercise for the summer. It's too hot here to get in many good runs.
>>
I've gotten into classical guitar. Trust me, Django Reinhardt is THE shit. Plus, you can actually impress people with it.
On top of that, I'm trying to learn some Kanji through Wanikani. It's so stupidly effortless, I'm not even sure if it werks.
>>
i lost 30 pounds not to long ago. i'm in pain from personal trainer. it sucks being crippled.
>>
File: nofap.png (8 KB, 289x97) Image search: [Google]
nofap.png
8 KB, 289x97
Does this work ? I'm considering giving it a try because my life is shit and I masturbate way too much (10 times a day usually)
>>
>>29104834
Ten times a day is ridiculous, but so is not fapping at all. One to two times a day max is fine.
>>
>>29104834
A lot of the """"benefits"""" are bullshit but it would definitely be good to cut down from 10 times a day regardless
>>
>>29104864
>>29104962
The thing is, I literally think about sex all fucking day long. If, for some reason, I can't fap for the whole day, I go crazy and shit. So I'm starting to think that I should stop once and for all, maybe I'll go crazy for a few weeks but then I'll go back to "factory settings" as they say ?
>>
>>29104016

We had these before the robot was turned off, or even before the board was deleted.

I'm doing much the same as before. Gym, job, and trying to talk to people. I suck at meeting people so I take a class each session. Currently I'm in microbiology and I think a girl was flirting. Prolonged eye contact and lots of touching. I probably brew it because I should have asked her to dinner. I mean it's not normal for your legs to be touching for 30+ seconds right? Usually people apologize and back off. I liked it and returned the touches. At some points even our heads were touching. I wish I werent so autistic. My dick is telling me faces being within 18" suggests intimacy but my brain tells me durr technique and germs and wavelengths and electric charges and oh don't forget about anime.

I really like her despite the piercing and highlights. How2escalate? I don't even care for a gf. Netflix and chill is my ideal relationship. Just laid back friends with benefits. I'm sick of drinking alone then crying the next morning because I always lose like 5lbs before my morning weigh in. If I had sex I'd just blow it off and not care about water weight because I'd then look more cut.
>>
>>29104962
>""""benefits""""

stop doing this shit, you fucking retarded newfaggot r edditor.
>>
>>29105317

I started the super scary quotes maymay. I like it because it is a superlative with extra obnoxious and ironic shitpost which is still a shitpost irony to it. I smile every time I use it. I always make sure to use different amounts on each side for extra shittiness.
>>
I think this might be exactly what I've been looking for.

Recently I've been feeling tired of looking like complete shit and have been thinking maybe it's time to do something like get a good haircut and start working out. I'm ridiculously skinny and I think building muscle mass might be the way to go for gaining weight.
My problem is that I struggle with vanity and get too worried that even in trying I'll feel like a douchebag. Also feel uncomfortable going out to train or ask for someone to cut my hair to a certain style.
>>
>1) training for a marathon
Good luck with that. It's well worth the determination you put in. Though, it is a torture session mentally--especially that last 10k.
>>
>>29104016
got back into drawing and im taking coding classes
>>
>>29104106
do you want any help, spanish is my native language
>>
File: 89965679.png (115 KB, 278x259) Image search: [Google]
89965679.png
115 KB, 278x259
Here is the list of things i currently do to improve myself:
>meditation
>yoga and stretching
>reading books
>watching movies (art house)
>playing video games
>watching anime
>working out
>brushing teeth and showering every day
>changing pillow sheet every 3 days
>washing face with face wash, moisturizing and exfoliating every day
>improving my diet
>getting into decent sleep schedule
>trying to not sit in front of my PC whole day, doing breaks
>eye stretches for vision
>kegel exercises for muh dick
>trying to limit 4chan use
>Try to listen to at least 1 new music album per day
>Trying to limit fapping to every 3 days
>Going to start running HIIT on the stadium
Do you think i should add something? I am open for the suggestions.
>>
>>29104016
Why would I have to do anything?
>>
>>29106353
Some gain a lot, when put into a totally different situation. Like live/travel in another country. You could combine it with a new language. Seems like you got a lot of time.
>>
>>29106342
disgusting spic go away
>>
How do I get myself out of the depressed mindset?
>>
>>29106684

Do steroids and have sex. Most importantly is remembering to find meaning in the meaningless. You know, like the Latin phrase carpe diem. It means fuck bitches get money.
>>
When I try to learn something new, I get really motivated and obsess over it for a week or two but then I lose all motivation and end up dropping it.
How do I stop that?
>>
>>29107187

Its called ADD primarily Innatentive Type. You're impulsive just like me. Shit sucks but at least I got myself to where it's more just making rounds. I eventually return to the dropped whatever a couple weeks later.
>>
>>29107381
Yeah, I sometimes try to pick it up it again but I end up thinking I'm just gonna drop it again and end up doing that. It's some kind of a shitty self-fulfilling promise.
>>
>>29104016
I recently got on a diet half a year ago and now I'm starting to eat like crazy again. Then I decided "fuck it all" and started jogging and despite my smoking addiction, I'm doing fairly well. Good luck to any anon out there trying to lose weight.
>>
>>29107825
whats your weight

i just lost 40 lbs, about 30-50 more to go

lift weights if you dont want to be a fucking skellie trap
>>
>>29108140
100 kilos flat, measured it yesterday. I used to be 120 though. I think it's around 200lbs? I'm not sure. It's great how getting back on losing weight is easier than before, it's like riding a bycicle. Can't overdo it though, I don't want to be skinnyfat like you said.
>>
>>29108238
how far do you jog/how long?

feel free to use your subhuman kg measurement, i can convert to American units

i only said that to make the comment original btw

not really
>>
>>29108304
About an hour and a half everyday, even though the muscles are burning I push through it.

I don't really like measuring things in lbs, but that's just like, my opinion man

I'm out of here, it's 3am.
>>
>>29106342

Most native Spanish speakers, especially in non Spanish speaking countries, have a shit understanding of grammar and proper terms in Spanish.

At best you could help with slang, conversational practice, and pronunciation, but probably not on distinguishing between verb tenses and moods, differences between certain pronoun usages, etc.
>>
>>29107187

I did this with PDEs, LA, Number Theory, coding, and language practice.
>>
>>29105011
Dude, you got issues definitely. How many hours/day do you waste on fapping? I know, because some months I myself waste too much time as well.
Get some some antidepressants. Not because you are depressed but because they kill your sex drive (your body eventually gets used to it and it'll rebound, but to a lower base level). You don't realize just how dominated your life is by it till you had a few weeks no sexual cravings (I mean yeah, you admitted it, but you don't REALLY see it yet)
>>
tried to learn korean, but I have too little attentions span for these things
I'm balls deep in computer shit, been like that for about 3 years, but now I'm trying to focus on stuff that might get me a job and which I also enjoy. I try to git gud but it's hard, for real. Just setting up Apache is enough of a hassle.
And eh... ah yes I've been reading a book on self discipline... Been putting it off for two days already too. I guess I read a page later.
And I got a bike. Need to get moving
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.