[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>was fat as fuck >became thin and muscular >fixed my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6
File: 1440706063444.jpg (23 KB, 600x238) Image search: [Google]
1440706063444.jpg
23 KB, 600x238
>was fat as fuck
>became thin and muscular
>fixed my fucked up teeth
>got a qt gf after 23 years of KHVness
>finally got my STEM degree
>own my own flat in a big city
>have money
>no debt
>good parents
>a few good friends
>everything seems perfect
>I'm still depressed and empty inside
when will this end

why am I not happy

I want to escape
why is this happening
>>
>>29102857

get a hobby thats not videogames, unless your are making one
>>
>>29102910
how do you "get" a hobby
>>
>>29102857
I'm curious why you actually are still depressed
I'd be willing to talk to you if you want
>>29102930
>"get" a hobby
look up hobbies and find one that interests you
or just think of things that interest you and try them out
>>
>>29102857
Sometimes death is the solution to all your problems op
>>
Because it's only perfect according to society's norm, not yours
>>
File: 1447002359482.jpg (25 KB, 300x326) Image search: [Google]
1447002359482.jpg
25 KB, 300x326
>>29102965
>I'm curious why you actually are still depressed
I don't know

I can't explain it

I just feel sad
empty
I want to cry
I'm getting more and more unmotivated
I don't want to do anything
I feel like I'm alone in the world
I feel like I'm drowning slowly
>>
>>29102857
Maybe you're just gay anon. Do you want to share my apartment in France?
>>
>>29102930
When I found my passion, it started out as something unrelated. I didn't even realize that I was developing anything. It grew organically and took up the space that I used to use to hate myself. By time I looked up, I had shaped my life around it.

Don't look too hard for it.
>>
>>29103042
>I feel like I'm drowning slowly
what's drowning you?
>>
You need religion. Try islam. Praying supposedly calms people down.
>>
>>29102857
Same here anon , I have just accepted that the problem was always internal not external
>>
>>29102857
Depression is a physical alteration of the brain. You cannot escape it. Once you dip into it you cannot come out.

But if it helps a little, I'm bloody fuckity proud of you. You are an inspiration man. And make sure you don't give up and keep living a good life. Depression or not, it can numb over time, because you will have no cause for financial stress, a large warm family to have your back, and you will live life happily.

GL bro.
>>
>>29103102
I'm telling you again

I don't know

I don't really have any real problem

I just feel like..

..is that it? is this life? that's it? is this what all the people are so excited about? ... it's fucking boring and empty
>>
>>29103193
>is this life? that's it?
>it's fucking boring and empty
what do you think you could do to not make it boring and empty?
>>
File: 1445510494220.jpg (154 KB, 945x1500) Image search: [Google]
1445510494220.jpg
154 KB, 945x1500
>>29103243
I want it to be like in the sci-fi and fantasy books
I don't know
I want it to be interesting, full of adventures and mysteries
Maybe I'm still just a manchild I don't know
But this is fucking boring, empty and pointless to me
>>
>>29103272
You may indeed be a big man child, but you're already not that bad of a man child if you're as well off as you say you are.
Take some time off work if you can, do the things that you've always wanted to try.
>>
File: 1464550890030.png (318 KB, 449x425) Image search: [Google]
1464550890030.png
318 KB, 449x425
>>29102857
can't fix the psychological effects of 23 years of solitude/degeneracy/KHV in a few years, in fact those "empty" foundation years never go away considering you grew up unattractive and KHV throughout your entire development as a person.

After maybe 5 - 10 more years of this more successful lifestyle, if you fill it with fun, quality moments that will satisfy you/ pursue a hedonistic lifestyle to make up or compensate for all those lost years (or try to) you may feel less empty and be able to ignore/ mostly get rid of your depression.
>>
>>29103272
>I want it to be interesting, full of adventures and mysteries
you have to consider what adventures or mysteries you think you should have
Do you have anything in mind for an adventure?
>>
Maybe you just need an SSRI
>>
Just wait for proper VR and lose yourself in it
>>
>>29103359
I don't see how a group of people can get out of 'real life'
people can make it interesting if they want, they just don't try or don't know how
>>
>>29102857
Sometimes the problem is the emotions itself rather than a cause - have you spoke to a psychiatrist?
>>
Have you ever traveled or spent a lot of money on luxury items? You should go to Italy or Spain and easy expensive for and drink good wine and buy expensive cloths and see great works of art and architecture.
>>
>>29102857
>CAN RELATE TO THIS FEEL SO STRONGLY
don't give up bro
it get's better
work on your happiness
>>
>>29103192
>Once you dip into it you cannot come out.
That's such a huge pile of horse shit
Recovery from depression is not only possible but it's statistically likely. Recovery from depression happens all the fucking time - I work in mental health. Where did you get this batshit idea?
>>
>>29102857
haha, he fell for the normie meme
get on medication retard
>>
>>29103685
From your nigger mum
>>
>>29103329
>in fact those "empty" foundation years never go away considering you grew up unattractive and KHV throughout your entire development as a person.
What is it with robots and categorically stating that the consequences will never be the same?

It's so fucking stupid.

It's just completely contrary to fact. Look into some case studies and you will learn you are wrong. Look into statistical studies and you'll see exactly how wrong you are.

OP - Don't come to R9K for help to stop having robot feels. There's a reason these people are still here.
>>
>>29103697
Nothing to say. That's what I thought.
>>
Everything you listed is material. You need to connect with the metaphysical realm
>>
>>29103694
That's not right. Medication won't make you happy alone. OP has done the right thing by changing his lifestyle (and should be fucking applauded for it because it isn't easy). However medication can be an aid to recovery, or, when neccesary, a means to happiness when balanced with a healthy lifestyle
>>
>>29103870
the schizophrenic what?
>>
mentalhealthfag out
good luck op
leaving r9k might be your next step, I know it's overdue for me.
>>
File: tumblr_o46b3bX7aG1udjotqo2_1280.png (1002 KB, 1074x602) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o46b3bX7aG1udjotqo2_1280.png
1002 KB, 1074x602
>>29103797
What do you mean? Link some of these studies, My point was your circumstances during developmental stages obviously have large impacts on your mental state throughout the rest of your life, you can change your life and perpetually improve yourself but your mind after so many years has been conditioned to think a certain way and go down specific neural pathways to feel certain (likely negative for OP) emotions in the situations you encounter on a daily basis. It can be changed after many years of re-conditioning and adapting to a new lifestyle but I emphasise that it takes many years to see the long term psychological effects.

>the consequences will never be the same?
What do you mean by this? this is so vague, consequences of what?

The consequences of OP improving his life have statically improved his well-being yes, but by this post we can see his mind is stuck in depression and therefore there is an issue with the way he has lived his life up to now and an imbalance of the time it will take to "remedy" it.
>>
>>29102857
Happiness isn't about having things, it's a state of mind.

You've been in the robot state of mind for too long, I don't know if it's actually possible to get out anon. Consider getting help.
>>
Hold on. It gets better, anon. Believe me.
>>
For what it's worth anon, you've accomplished a lot impressive shit; you've really proven yourself, and you should take solace in the fact that you can attain anything you want if you set your mind to it

That includes a reason to live and to be happy, but we can't help you there mang. You've got to know what you want before you can get it, and you can definitely get it. Take some time for yourself to do some real soul searching, ask yourself some real difficult questions. Reaffirm to yourself what YOU want out of life, not what people tell you to want. Life has so much shit to offer you, so take your pick and go get it

hang in there bro, we're all gonna make it
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.