[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I know if my pepe is rare? What are the signs?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4
File: 1455741351043.jpg (34 KB, 532x487) Image search: [Google]
1455741351043.jpg
34 KB, 532x487
How do I know if my pepe is rare?
What are the signs?
>>
File: 1462240798112.gif (342 KB, 666x386) Image search: [Google]
1462240798112.gif
342 KB, 666x386
>>29100846
it is rare if its posted less often here
>>
>>29100846
How many times you see it, and how much it used by normies. Yours is pretty rare.
>>
File: 1458557096198.jpg (7 KB, 261x232) Image search: [Google]
1458557096198.jpg
7 KB, 261x232
>>29100846
I already stole it, so it isn't
>>
File: 1458999992174.png (931 KB, 800x770) Image search: [Google]
1458999992174.png
931 KB, 800x770
>>29100846
I think there are few ways to apprise a pepe
1-Google image search, do you get any results?
2-Is the pepe familiar? Did you see it before even though it is not found on google search?
3-How much effort was spent in the creation of the said pepe? The quality of artwork is also important

Pic related a medium-rare Historical Justinian Pepe
>>
>often found in a cave, hiding from normies
>requires an ultra ball or master ball to collect
>creates an intense feeling of satisfaction in its collector
>sometimes radiates a bluish hue due to dense energy packing
>can cause nausea, diarrhea and vomiting
>>
>>29100902
filthy frogpapist
>>
post it on /r/rarepepes
they know more than we do
>>
Well, that depends on whether you're using the Poole or Racequeen Standard systems.

If you're in the US or Mexico, you'll probably be using RS. For that, there's a simple mnemonic: SQUALOR.

- Sadness: This is the affect of the Pepe, whether it's sad, smug, suicidal, or otherwise. Generally, sad frogs are rarer as a group, but all of their runs are about the same size, so you're not going to find any hidden treasure. Smugs vary wildly in rarity, but there's enough trash, either mass-produced or not even Pepes, that sorting through it is a full-time job.

- Quality: The quality of the Pepe is important. What's the condition? Water damage? Sun damage? You want your Pepe to be well-preserved, with any additional documentation, if possible.

- Utility: What was the Pepe made to do? Is it a standard run Pepe, or a special printing for a single situation? Specialized Pepes are generally rarer, but you'll get collectors who want a Pepe they can show in their collection, and that isn't necessarily the case with the single-purpose frogs.

- Artistry: What are the dimensions? What's the size? A few scratches on a canvas is probably not going to be as valuable as a detailed work, unless you're talking about early runs with mistakes, test printings, and so on.

- Location: Where is the Pepe from, and where are you trying to trade it? Overseas Pepes vary wildly in quality, for instance the Chinese market is so saturated with forgeries and artificially restricted supply that trying to trade Chinese frogs is pointless. I mean, it's a shame, there's some Weibo pieces that, in my opinion, are as good as German frogs, but there's just no buyers. On the other hand, the rare market is banned in Russia, so you're risking Interpol if you try to trade there. I have heard people who say they made good money on the Russian and Australian markets, but it's not something I, personally, would do.

Continued in next post
>>
>>29101996
- Originality: How similar is it to existing Pepes? For instance, back in the years of '11, everybody and their mom was printing >nogf Pepes, and as a result, there's a huge glut, and you can't sell a nogf Pepe for anything, even if it's the '09 >no tenga esposa Pepe that turned out to be the last run the Siente press made. In this case, it's best just to sit on it and wait for the market to come around, in my experience.

- Rarity: This is what it says in the Green and Red Book. Bear in mind that the G&R only tells you who printed the run, and in what numbers, and they don't know about a lot of the smaller operations, especially in Laos, Malaysia, Thailand, and so on.

Anyway, I hope this has helped you. I'd write about the Poole system, but honestly, you'd have better luck talking to a Finnish collector about it. Good luck and happy hunting.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.