[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some comfy almost neet-tier jobs that exist?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6
File: 1445106221483.jpg (104 KB, 836x872) Image search: [Google]
1445106221483.jpg
104 KB, 836x872
What are some comfy almost neet-tier jobs that exist?
>>
>>29096298
>graveyard shift security guard
>truck driver
>>
Night shift security guard. Been doing it for 3 years and apart from a few drunks, wild animals tripping a couple of alarms, literally nothing has happened. I just sit here
>>
>>29096319
I looked into that but from what I've seen you need training and 5+ years of experience. I don't even know where to start.
>>
work in IT
make sure they dont know a thing about compewters
>>
I started at my company as general meat for hire doing janitorial jobs and then I asked if there was anything else I could do, and they offered to help me train since they trusted me and I knew the building better than anyone
>>
I used to have a building security night shift.

4 nights on 4 nights off.

literally sitting in a closed building all night with nothing to do. took my laptop in to work and played games and shitposted on 4chan.
>>
>>29096298
Night-shift anything, gas station, McDonald's, warehouse
>>
>>29096441
>literally sitting in a closed building all night with nothing to do. took my laptop in to work and played games and shitposted on 4chan.

You could've used the time to learn something like programming.
>>
Work as a government clerk (liquor regulation)

No one really cares what time I come in. can leave at 430 if I want. lunch break as long as I like

Spend day surfing the net, shuffle a few papers, make coffee, have a chat about stuff

Get to wear a comfy cardigan. When I arrive at work I take off my shoes and wear slippers
>>
>>29096441
That sounds like a dream job senpai.
>>
>>29096356

I wanna get paid to browse 4chan. How the FUCK do I get into IT already
>>
File: trb.png (198 KB, 942x483) Image search: [Google]
trb.png
198 KB, 942x483
>>29096451

football manager does not allow for doing other things.
>>
>>29096298
any executive position

it's pretty fucking hard to get fired as an executive since they all act like they're unionised and stick up for one another
>>
>>29096441
>tfw mostly nocturnal and a shut-in
this is pretty much my dream job if I had to have one, and yet I will never get it because they're taken by more employable normalfags who have to force themselves off a natural sleep schedule just for work. I will always refuse workfare unless they give me a job like this. And they can't call it laziness because right here is an example of a job I would be capable of and glad to do for even a pittance. In a perfect world this kind of job would have been assigned to me right out of school while normalfags can go fuckin work with people
>>
>>29096467
I had to save this screenshot, my God.
You need help anon.
>>
>>29096601
>taken by more employable normalfags
I think you're giving nightwatchman more credit than they're due lol. This shit and rocket science. Go and get a security license and I'll guarantee you someone will employ you. You at least have to make something of an effort. Security agencies aren't going to knock on your door and offer you a job.
>>
>>29096298
salesman on any premium-level electronics or cars

>"work" for 8 hours
>maximum of 3 hours actually working
>spend rest of time browsing 4chan or reading news online
>collect that hourly rate

just make sure you're not on a commission-only contract
>>
>>29096467
My hours on Team Fortress 2 alone are greater than all of your Football Manager hours combined.
>>
Telecommuting IT jobs
>>
File: 1438865705300.gif (506 KB, 500x283) Image search: [Google]
1438865705300.gif
506 KB, 500x283
>tfw there's always at least one person that applied for the same job who is better than you
>tfw no money for food this week
>>
>>29096720
Holy shit senpai I know the feel, racked up 1137 hours of TF2 in 2010-11.
>>
Become a godlike programmer. I know a dude who currently works for Netflix in southern California from his house and apparently just codes a bit here and there while having weed delivered to his house from the dispensary.
>>
>>29096456
How did you get that job, m8?
>>
>>29096789
know a person who knows the person who hires for these kind of jobs. You must be a normalfag to have this kind of easy job. Welfare is just the loser's equivalent of the public sector
>>
>>29096739
Currently sitting at ~3500

Now doing the same in Overwatch
>>
>>29096319
Are you allowed to be on your phone and do other shit for fun or are you just sitting there with literally nothing to do?
>>
File: 1464471913516.png (430 KB, 622x675) Image search: [Google]
1464471913516.png
430 KB, 622x675
Professional vidya streamer.
>>
I am currently working as a night-time security guard. All I do is playing older games (poor with very old laptop), watch movies and shitpost on Cantonese insect-cooking board. I go around the object every two hours, overall it takes around 30minutes of work per night. I check cameras every once and while.

Main downfall is that money tend to be really bad and that there are 12 hours shifts. There are sometimes drunks, hobos and prostitutes, but they tend to be alright if you are not pricky and set the rules from the beginning. Got some nice chats with them many times.

If you want to ask anything, ask, will gladly help.
>>
>>29096899
But all robots are unfunny and boring.
>>
>>29096720
and still you play like a fucking scrub. git gud
>>
>>29096939
>>29096899
his success comes just from being at the right place at the right time.
back when he started gaining popularity, it was because no one had a capture card which could record in decent quality, and a good microphone.
>>
IT

I'm posting from work right now, when I get bored in a bit I think I'll pull up my wow account and level a bit. I work by myself in a basement and the only time I have to interact with anyone is when I get phone calls, usually they only last a couple of minutes because it's stupid shit like unlocking AD accounts. It's nice that I'm also the only one who can access the firewall, that way I can make my IP exempt from any filters or logging. Pay is pretty good too.
>>
File: rrr.gif (499 KB, 500x335) Image search: [Google]
rrr.gif
499 KB, 500x335
>>29096736
Kill someone and eat them
you have right to eat
YOU HAVE FUCKING RIGHT TO EAT WHEN YOU ARE HUNGRY
>>
>>29096916
>Cantonese insect-cooking board
nice one m8
gotta be ma favorite maymay
>>
Music producer.

Most people don't make it, but it happened to me and until a gig comes my way I just lay down and play Monster Hunter or watch tutorials.
>>
>>29096864
Pretty much any job you can get you can use your phone for distraction, people just wont give a shit about it
>>
>make $16/hr designing websites
>could be bumped up to 17-18/hr if i made it to 35-40hrs per week but i never do
>mostly just html and css with a bit of js and php
>pretty much everything i haven't done before is googlable
>sometimes i get paid to just sit there and shitpost from my phone

still doesn't feel right but desu i can't imagine a better scenario. i'm sure someone will come in and one-up me but i feel very comfy, i wear flip flops and a t shirt every single day. sometimes my boss isn't even there so i can just be on my phone the entire time.

i'm actually supposed to be at work today i just kinda felt shitty and didn't get good sleep. oh well, what are they gonna do, fire me?
>>
I worked by night in a gas station shop for two months last year.
Literally got paid to browse 4chan on my laptop, clean the shop and I barely saw drivers
>>
>>29097170
Shit do you bring a charger with you
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.