[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT /r9k/ tries partying with normies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 216x153) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6 KB, 216x153
>yo anon did you catch the Lakers last night
>>
>>29091925

I find professional sports inane
>>
File: 1410059413386.jpg (32 KB, 480x454) Image search: [Google]
1410059413386.jpg
32 KB, 480x454
>>29091925
>mfw when they start talking about sports
>>
>>29091925

Haha nah man your supposed to catch fish in a lake not the lake itself!!!!!! :DD
>>
>>29091925
No I masturbated and cried until my dick started bleeding
>>
>>29091925

>NBA Finals currently on
>GSW vs Cleveland

>bringing up the Lakers

you some kinda faggot, son?
>>
>did you catch the Lakers last night?
Laker fan here. no one has said this phrase in the last 5 years.
>>
File: confused-face1-300x198.jpg (12 KB, 300x198) Image search: [Google]
confused-face1-300x198.jpg
12 KB, 300x198
>>29091944
>What anon? You don't like sports? What do you like then?
>>
>>29091925
I don't take steroids.
>>
No Hut I heard GSW vs Cavs was last night, did you catch the score? LeBron was on fire I heard.
>>
I watch sportsball and it's literally the only normie thing I do so I bring it up as much as possible to avoid talking about social life with normies
>>
>>29091925
It's the fucking NBA finals between the Warrios and Cavs...the Lakers were fucking terrible this year. What are you talking about? Are you just fucking with me or something?...
>>
Dude did you see that play last night by (popular sports athlete)? That was hella filthy
Yo bro me and my friends went up to the lake and Chad hit the rocks jumping off the cliff, it's on my snapchat story
>>
A lot of people at my work love sports and I love to surprise them by mentioning obscure players or facts because they don't know I like any sports.

>Me: Give me your top three players senpai.
>Coworker: Lebron, Curry, Durant
>Me: I disagree, I think it is Luol Deng, Jimmy Butler, and Nazr Mohammed.
>Coworker knows I'm fucking around, but is surprised by the fact that those are actual and somewhat obscure players.
>>
>>29092048
Thank you based Deng
>>
Just watch the minute long highlights of each game.

You will know enough to talk about it the next day after 5 minutes of watching/reading.
>>
>>29092048
>Me: Give me your top three players senpai.
>Give me YOUR
>YOUR
>Me: I disagree, I think it is..

You explicitly asked about their SUBJECTIVE opinion on something and then say you disagree with it? I think they're more confused by your militant autism then anything else
>>
File: a pissed off cat.jpg (28 KB, 560x420) Image search: [Google]
a pissed off cat.jpg
28 KB, 560x420
>>29091925
fuck off you normie retards, I don't like watching your shitty sports because they're all a fucking meme!
>mfw normies talking about watching sports games and famous sports teams/players

what do they find so damn interesting in that shit? if they like it so much, why don't they go out and play a sport, what's so good in watching people play an easy, physically active game?
>>
>>29092185
if you like anime so much why dont you become an anime?
>>
>>29092168
When I reread my post after submitting it, I figured some sperg would point that out. The way I worded the question in reality was something like "Who do you think are the three best players in the game right now?" which is still somewhat subjective, but is based on actual observation rather than just simply liking someone for whatever reason.

Hope that clears it up for you. I know that was going to be your big victory for the week and all so I am sorry in that regard. I'm sure correcting strangers on the Internet is one of the few highlights of your life.
>>
File: 1463452228945.jpg (42 KB, 800x587) Image search: [Google]
1463452228945.jpg
42 KB, 800x587
>anon did you see what "spanish manlet that runs after balls" did last game?
>anon dont you like sports?
>tfw everyone talks about "famous" people
>tfw nobody wants to talk about alexanders conquest of persia or caesars campaign in gaul
>>
>>29091944
>tfw normies are so passionate about a sport but only a few are really into playing the said sport

>>29091925
Nah, been too busy playing vidya.
>>
>>29092269
history is a one-sided conversation most of the time. not everyone has a plethora of knowledge stored away on the Byzantine Empire.
the question is where do you go for these conversations? i think college or school would be a good place to start.
lets talk about sports at the gym or the bar, doesn't have a place anywhere else, etc, etc.
>>
>>29092269
>campaign
it's campaigns you pleb that's why he titled his book the gallic wars
>>
>>29092269
>>tfw nobody wants to talk about alexanders conquest of persia or caesars campaign in gaul
I'd bet the gladiators were the more popular subjects in Caesar's day, at least until the civil war's imminence.
>>
>>29091925
yeah, we were shit as usual, wanna see my katana collection?
>>
>>29092056
found the /sp/erg
>>
>Tfw every normie I know just bitches about their jobs and gfs/bfs at any party

I could at least pretend to understand if they talked about sportball. I just challenge people to shots or skulling since I have a drinking problem.
>>
>>29093111
are you comparing deadly gladiator fights to modern sports?
the only thing they had in common was that they both had an audience.
gladiators in the colosseum fought to a bloody death, which was actually worth watching because the victor deserved the attention after he fights for his life, and wins.
>>
>>29093437
>your what collection?
>anon what the fuck is a ka-tana?
>wow anon you collect japanese swords? are you one of those anime-loving weirdos?
>>
File: 1463370918240.png (298 KB, 829x562) Image search: [Google]
1463370918240.png
298 KB, 829x562
I-I don't really like basketball too much, I like the NFL more. Wanna discuss our feels?
>tfw 6 rings but probably won't get another for awhile
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.