[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I buy one of these?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: Nintendo-3ds.jpg (44 KB, 640x544) Image search: [Google]
Nintendo-3ds.jpg
44 KB, 640x544
I sort of want pic related, only for a few games

Games that I'd play would be

- Any branch of pokemon, would probably buy multiple
- Smash bros
- Fire emblem games
- Maybe any others that interest me as well, but mainly the 3 above

Surely some of you robots here must own one, would you consider it to be worth the purchase?

No autism memes or anything thanks, I'd mainly just be using it in my house
>>
If it costs less than $200 then go for it. Worse things you can be spending money on and you gotta spoil yourself every now and then
>>
I bought one a couple years ago for a few games. I don't play as much as I used to when I was younger, but there are a few enjoyable RPGs and things, and some old classics from NES or whatever. I don't regret buying it, even if I don't use it all that much and don't play anywhere but at home.
>>
I bought mine mainly for alpha sapphire when it came out, i'd say it is worth the money at this point
>>
32 & I wanna buy it

Just for zelda
>>
>>29090852
it's on its way out. there's a new pokemon game coming out this year but it's going to be the last generation on the ds and though i don't notice it too much lots of people say hardware limitations are fucking with performance in recent 3ds games.

haven't played smash bros or fire emblem but just from a pokemon perspective the 3ds ones have been ok, some streamlining which is nice but none of the biggest problems with the series have been changed.
>>
I've had a 3DS since they very first day it came out and I still play it regularly. If you find yourself away from home a lot and kind of just hanging out on your phone then a 3DS is a great purchase.
>>
I don't know anything about them but I always see freaks playing them outside.
>>
Go back to /v/, your containment board.
>>
>2016
>handheld gaming
>gaming at all
>>
File: 1286848289239.png (18 KB, 572x563) Image search: [Google]
1286848289239.png
18 KB, 572x563
>>29090925
>none of the biggest problems with the series have been changed.

/vp/ here. What exactly would you say are some of Pokemon's "biggest problems"?
>>
>>29090983
It's too easy

they're all too easy
>>
>>29090852
If you buy a 3DS and Pokemon, I can be your friend on it anon.
>>
>>29090983
ivs, hms, shit ai, shit npc team setups, mediocre postgame
>>
>>29090994

It's a children's game. If you want challenge you have to play competitive or try getting a high win streak in the Battle Tower/Subway/Chateau/whatever
>>
File: 1438669431474.gif (550 KB, 728x720) Image search: [Google]
1438669431474.gif
550 KB, 728x720
>>29091010

which pokemon game anon?

>>29090994
>>29090983
>>29090925

the game being easy isn't really a problem, would just enjoy the comfy of being able to play a proper pokemon game after 10 years of not doing so
>>
>>29091063
I have X currently. Getting Alpha Sapphire in about a week and Moon when it's released.
>>
>>29091043
>ivs

Agreed. The whole system is pretty much designed for cheaters since there's very few IV spreads you'd actually want on a Pokemon. The only downside is we'd have to have another system for Hidden Power.

>hms

Eh. It works fine as a general path blocker for the RPG overworld. I guess the moves themselves could be improved.

>shit ai
>shit npc team setups

Kid's game

>mediocre postgame

You're supposed to breed and battle real people Anon.
>>
>>29091137
>Kid's game
kids aren't so retarded that they can't handle any strategy besides type matchups
>>
>>29091173
>kids aren't so retarded that they can't handle any strategy besides type matchups

I wish. Type matchups by itself is too advanced for some kids. You need to battle real people if you actually want to play with depth.
>>
I did have one, along with Final Fantasy Theatrhythm, Animal Crossing, Pokemon X and Pokemon Alpha Sapphire and a couple of VC games. I ended up selling it because I just didn't enjoy the games as much as I thought I would. Pokemon X was especially disappointing to me.

The console itself was excellent. Comfortable, the XL has a great screen, firm buttons. I just couldn't find anything I really wanted to play.
>>
>>29090983
Can't we have a pokemon game where all the NPCs are hard to beat from the get-go?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.