[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who else here /medschool/? Just me? Oh, okay.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: medicina (1).png (191 KB, 1397x1600) Image search: [Google]
medicina (1).png
191 KB, 1397x1600
Who else here /medschool/?

Just me? Oh, okay.
>>
I was planning on going to med-school. Then I had a nervous breakdown during first semester junior year and missed the last 3 weeks of class. Just dropped out
>>
what was your GPA at the end of undergrad? did you do any undergrad research? Do you think a robot can make it into med school?
>>
>>29087335
applying now, sup

3.63 gpa, 507 mcat with a retake in early august
>>
>>29087335
Are most doctor normies?
>>
Right here. 3rd year is bullshit. Fuck da police.
>>
>>29089124
507? what percentile is that? The new system is fucking stupid
>>
I'm a premed who probably won't get accepted. It gives me a decent excuse to kill myself I guess
>>
>>29087335
That's a caduceus. It should be a staff of Asclepius.

Are all messages this stupid?
>>
>>29089378

It was a bad day, walked out feeling like I did bad. I know I hate it, but the notches are smaller on the scale so more nuance in scores i think
>>
>>29089439
The ama uses that symbol so whatever man, even if it's not supposed to be related to medicine in its origins, it's widely accepted now as a medical logo
>>
>>29089430
why do you say that? what year are you?

it seems lame but people do get residencies from Caribbean schools if its really THAT bad
>>
>>29089506
The caduceus is literally a symbol of deceit and avarice.
>>
File: 1465174086677.jpg (193 KB, 500x635) Image search: [Google]
1465174086677.jpg
193 KB, 500x635
>>29089519
Going into my junior year after the summer. I didn't try for awhile and got an F and two c's in ochem, Chem, and calc. I also got disciplinary probation for weeds. GPA is 3.42 but I think I dug my own grave already
>>
>>29087335
hey, if i was an alcoholic for a long time and now i'm having gut pain below my ribs in the center of my body, does that mean pancreatitis? and if so, what's going to happen?
>>
>>29089661
yeah probably not med school

honestly at this point I'd move to a new city and try to reinvent myself, don't bring along academic transcripts like they tell you to and pretend you spent the last two years building wells in ghana or backpacking europe or some other shit adventurey and somewhat probable for a modern college aged boy
>>
>>29089676
go to a doctor
oooo
>>
>>29089705
This is terrible advice don't listen to him mate. You have a 3.4 after two years. If you get straight A's you'll graduate with a 3.7 just do well on the mcat and get your ec's together. Don't forget about DO schools either. Also weed is legal in like six states now and you can play it off to freshman immaturity. You'll be fine just start working hard
>>
>>29089792
>suddenly shift bad habits youve spent your whole life building

its happened but improbable
>>
>>29089139
I would say yes.

oregonal
>>
>>29089622
literally american healthcare, you mean?
>>
>>29089821
I was actually a straight A student in HS kinda just had a bad year
>>
the only university study i perform well in is philosophy, literally A+ average

rest is B's and C's
>>
Nursing Major here, pretty good tbqh senpai
>>
>wasting your intelligence studying medicine instead of finance

your loss bro

enjoy your student debt
>>
>>29089962
oh, ok. hey we all have bad years, if its really what you want stick with it. proud of you anon
>>
>>29090125
ill pay it off in two years and use my free time and money to fuck your settling weife
>>
>>29089906
Exactly

Hdbyezgrzgyh
>>
>failed entire first year of university due to depression

I'm probably fucked to ever get into a medschool but ive really turned it around this semester, is there any way i can salvage this mess guys? letters of recommendation and some extra volunteer work?
>>
>>29090758
DO schools offer grade replacement just work hard and you can get in
>>
med school here. everyone is jewish. pol was right. proof: i study for step1 obsessively using pathoma, picmonic, first aid. bought netters, robbins, and a few other books. anti arrythmic drugs are gayest thing in med school. renal physiology is shit. every kid with proteinuria has minimal change disease. every young asian has kawasakis. every young black female has lupus or sarcoidosis. you arent supposed to give blacks ACEIs. every old smoker has either lung cancer, bladder cancer, or triple A
>>
>>29087335
I go to a top ranked uni with a great med school.

Am planning on switching my major to pre-med next semester.

Just finished my first year with a 2.3 so I'm prolly fucked though...
>>
>>29090796
I know of DO schools, but is there a way to be able to transfer to a medical school during? if not and i do try a med school do i get fast tracked a few years?
>>
>>29087335
is looking at smelly diseased old woman vaginas as awesome as it sounds?
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.