[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How fucked am I? I'm at a 2.7 GPA in Community College.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8
How fucked am I?

I'm at a 2.7 GPA in Community College.

I've got 4 C's and I'm at 45 credits out of 64.

Running out credits to take to be able to make it back to at least 3.5.

Anyone else feel like shit after seeing their grades for the semester?
>>
Can you take extra classes over the summer?

I don't know if I'll make it through this year either
>>
>>29087213
It'll be OK anon. I actually have a cumulative GPA of about 2.75 but a 3.46 from the university I graduated from. Honestly it hasn't caused me any issues.
>>
File: images (6).jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images (6).jpg
6 KB, 225x225
I feel you my man. Junior premed with a 3.42 gpa. That might sound not too awful but I got a c in two classes and failed organic chemistry. I also got put on disciplinary probation for smoking marijuana as a freshman. All horrible for med acceptance. We always have suicide as a backup plan I guess
>>
>>29087213
Just fucking try for once in your life. There is no way you're actually putting in any effort whatsoever if you're getting C's in fucking COMMUNITY COLLEGE.
>>
>>29087558
It's not like there aren't community colleges with hard classes. Taking calc 3, physics 2, data structures, and descrete mathematics isn't exactly a walk in the park either. Sure it's definitely possible to do good but it's not that ridiculous to get a C or two.
>>
>>29087213
Don't worry I'm about to graduate uni with a 2.6 GPA don't know how I'm gonna get a master or if I will be even accepted into any masters program... you still have another two years to bump up your gpa at an average state uni.
>>29087555
We also have this option which is what I will do next year when I can't land a job with a 2.6 GPA or with no job experience (besides retail)
>>
File: 1461925878419.png (240 KB, 283x324) Image search: [Google]
1461925878419.png
240 KB, 283x324
>>29087213

did you also go into the shithole highschool 2.0 for others?

>tfw I fell for the stem meme
>currently no drive at all to do anything
>have the same work ethic as highschool, maybe even worse
>play vidya ever single day, even MORE then I did in highschool
>really doing everything last minute, skipping shit I don't like
>one class teacher unironically actually calls on me to answer questions
>always stutter, talk really fast and start sweating
>she can audibly and visibly see this, yet continues to do it every lesson

I just wanted to be a neet after highschool

I'll just be a neet after uni as I've never had a job or know anyone
>>
>>29087213
You deserve every ounce of how fucked you are. Even the worst of the worst Ivy League students who are on a lower level than state college students but taking more difficult classes don't fuck up as bad as that.
>>
Technically, every single one of us could appeal for depression if we were asked for an excuse for out shit performances.

How far do you think that would get us when we're applying for uni?
>>
File: Governor_John_Kasich.jpg (16 KB, 220x308) Image search: [Google]
Governor_John_Kasich.jpg
16 KB, 220x308
>>29087213
Conversely, I've currently got a 3.9 GPA in Community College and I've just been accepted into the honors program!

Feels good to not be a walking disaster
>>
Plenty of state colleges will accept a 2.5 or above. Just don't fuck up there because that's basically your last chance. Employers don't give a shit nor do they even ask about community college if you transferred and graduated somewhere else
>>
>>29087712
Employers don't give a shit about your GPA, they only care about your degree.

What do you call someone who graduated med school with a 2.7 GPA? A doctor.
>>
>>29087899

what's it like being a slightly-better failure among failures

>>29088013

this isn't true unless your end job is retail

>>29087213

dude, own your failure, sack up, and get better grades

there isn't much more to say
>>
>>29088013
This joke is only true because doctors have crazy job security in the US (because of fucked up regulations / medical cartels). It's unique to M.D.s. It's not something that's generally true of higher education.
>>
>>29088013
Yea you forgot to mention 2.7 GPA at JOHN HOPKINS UNIVERSITY. if it is 2.7 GPA at a state university your a dime a dozen, unless you have the experience and skill to back up why you didn't give a shit about the UNI
>>
File: d2d.png (210 KB, 600x390) Image search: [Google]
d2d.png
210 KB, 600x390
>>29087853
>>29087899
>>29087956

Haha. Holy shit.

Am I really in that bad of a place right now? I have absolutely no friends or anyone to talk to outside of you guys.

If I had people I could relate to or just someone to hang around, maybe I could've had kept better perspective of how well I was actually doing throughout the years.
>>
>>29088029
Why are you being such a negative asshole, even by r9k standards? Truth is that gpa isn't that important for a lot of good jobs. In fact most you don't even need to list your gpa. OP can still do fine, a bad gpa doesn't mean you're fucked. But a good gpa can make things easier but it's still not that great if you don't network.
>>
>>29088123
Like I said. Just don't keep being lazy once you probably get accepted into a state college
>>
>>29087899
OP here. Funny thing is, I'm still in the honors program right now; I got through thanks to being an honors student in high school as well.

I used to be a decent student. Little did I know how much of a fucking disaster my life would turn out to be.
>>
>>29087899
3.74 after 3 semesters of CC, starting at a Uni tomorrow finally. It would be higher but I went depresso in my 2nd semester and got 3 B's and an A. Sounds stupid to complain about, but I basically had three guaranteed A's until the last two weeks of the semester when I said fuck it and stopped studying or doing HW. Bombed all the finals luckily had a high enough score it didnt screw me big time
>>
>>29088123
Do yourself a huge favor and start talking to your professors and ask them for advice, look around for job fairs, get contacts, and apply for internships. You know what's really going to fuck you over? All this negatively, seriously these kinds of attitudes aren't doing you any favours. If you need to get help with your depression. Please, literally anything is better then wallowing in self pity and having a bunch of assholes who don't know what they're talking about insult you. Just focus on improving your grades, social skills, and most importantly mental health.
>>
>>29088029
>>29088094
>>29088097

How many jobs have you guys applied to? I have applied for many and know many masters and above level degree holders. None of them had to put their GPA on their resume. If you have a super high GPA then sure, brag about it if there's nothing else for you to talk about, but the employer won't bat an eye if it isn't there.
>>
File: jigglysmug.png (260 KB, 600x486) Image search: [Google]
jigglysmug.png
260 KB, 600x486
>>29088129

this board is so millennial sometimes

none of you have real problems that prevent you from getting good grades, you're just spoiled and make up "depressed" or "socially anxious" to not get them

yeesh
>>
>>29088422
They don't know what they're talking about, they just want to feel superior, they will soon realize just how important a good attitude can be compared to a good gpa.
>>
>>29088467
OP here.

That's probably because I am a millennial. I turned 20 this year.

I don't want to make excuses, in fact if I could own up to my mistakes and just man my way through everything I would've done so already.

Honestly, at this point, I just want friends. Nothing is more demotivating than knowing that I'm going to be walking through those halls alone and watching other autists who somehow have the social capabilities to find people they can relate to.
>>
>>29087213
I fucked up as well at CC got a 2.9 currently on my second semester at a CSU (3.85), If everything goes to plan, I can take advantage of my university special enrollment with UC Berkeley and retake some of the classes I fucked up on.

my advice is just fucking transfer already, don't waste any more of your time at CC, apply to any state university speak with a counselor and take it from there.
>>
>>29088632
You shouldn't really transfer from CC until you take as many transferable classes there to save money
>>
File: gato gordo.png (5 KB, 488x488) Image search: [Google]
gato gordo.png
5 KB, 488x488
>>29088587

well pal

you can make them; it just takes effort since you're a little bit behind the curve

it will take a bit of awkwardness and some failure, but you'll have to find hobbies and like-minded people through activities or clubs

it sucks but it's how everyone else who is "normal" does it, same for getting good grades - you have to put in the work
>>
>>29088632
Are you sure?

I can't imagine how absolutely devastating it would be for my family if I fucked up at an actual school too.

By the way, if anyone is curious, at minimum I want to be able to go to this school or better.

http://www.rit.edu/
>>
>>29088723
op said he is running out of credits to take so I assumed he had meet or was close to meeting his requirements.
>>
>>29088747
why the fuck are you asking me if I'm sure
you should be asking yourself that.
transfer, take one semester and if you cant get above a 3.5 drop out and go do w/e
>>
>retake classes
>grade replace
wow it's fucking nothing.
>>
>>29087213
I know how you feel. It's taking me 5 and a half years to graduate because I always fuck up so bad.

Seriously thinking of ending it.
>>
>>29088814
Just looking for directions, senpai.

If you've got advice I'm willing to listen.
>>
>>29088885
go speak with a counselor, best thing you can do
atm
>>
>>29087555
Mate, do good in your upper div courses and rape your med exams, and you'll probably get into a med school
>>
File: arino.jpg (41 KB, 500x347) Image search: [Google]
arino.jpg
41 KB, 500x347
>tfw goofed off in CC so I only got accepted into CSUs and UCSC, UCR
>tfw I missed the SIR deadline for the CSUs and had ny acceptances taken away
>I'm forced to go to UCR, since UCSC's engineering department is garbage
>always hearing stories of how shit the college is

Just kill me. I want to redo all this.
>>
>>29087213
KEK RETARD AHAHA I GOT A 4.0 THIS SEMESTER AND AN OVERALL COLLEGE GPA OF 3.95 AFTER 2 YEARS OF UNIVERSITY SUCK IT TRUMP KEK
>>
>>29088915
I've spoken to my counselor quite a few times actually.

Its really awkward, because I've seen her so many times, and she probably doesn't remember my name, but I know she recognizes me as "that autismo kid who doesn't know what the fuck he's doing".

I'm afraid of bothering her, after seeing her so many goddamned times to talk about this trivial shit.

Her advice more or less boiled down to just manning my way through classes, and I'll be totally fine.
>>
>>29089059
What major, though
>>
Australian here

Apparently a 4.0 GPA means straight As, so 90%+ in every subject. That seems pretty ridiculous, there's very few people I know here that consistently get a 90%+ for every unit they do.

A more realistic grade would be 70-90%, which translates as what, B+? Why do Americans try so hard for a 4.0?
>>
>>29088879
Try 8 years boss.
>>
>>29089180
Wat.

Dafuq does race have to do with naturally just wanting to do well in school? Who doesn't want a 4.0 if they can manage it?
>>
>>29089245

Because here in Aus, the kids who get that high of a grade basically have no life and spend all their free time studying.
>>
>>29089206
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOsQ2epsI2M
>>
>>29089180

American grades are a lot more inflated; average GPA for my class was around a 3.75 (Top 20 Uni)
>>
>>29089262
So what though? That's their choice.

Honestly, I'm jealous that they even have something to work towards and be interested with for that long.
>>
>>29087812
I am in the exact same position as you. Just finished freshman year and I'm starting summer classes tomorrow. I just want to fucking drop out but the only thing keeping my dad from forcing me to get a job is taking classes every semester.
>>
>>29089432
Really?

I'm in the opposite situation as you.

I'm trying to find a summer job, because I'm absolutely fucking smashed about college and what I want to do with my life, and a summer job seems like the perfect procrastination.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.