[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Writing Prompts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: Standard Pepe.jpg (28 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
Standard Pepe.jpg
28 KB, 499x499
I used to be good at writing when I was teenager with passions and dreams but now that I am a sad worthless adult I don't do it anymore and find it hard to do.

I want to start up again so I can write a novel, make bux, then take a trip to Thailand for obvious reasons. Give me some inspiration, robots.

Also, general writing thread. Do you like to do it? Are you good at it? Favorite genres etc...
>>
>>29087080
Alright, I'll give a prompt since I've had this idea floating around for a while

After a late-night bender, a young man stumbles home. A pretty girl drives up next to him, asks if he needs a ride. When he gets in, he sees multiple weapons and a blindfolded/gagged older man in the back seat.

What happens next?
>>
Also to answer your question yes, I'm a shitty amateur screenwriter. I like it though, keeps me moving.

Here's something I'm working on.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6uwaxNQt5HRRjFwOTVVYzROM1k
>>
>>29087080
An AI begins to suspect they're communicating with a human over the Internet.
>>
Two teenagers working at a gas station in Bumfuck, Nowhere find themselves the only defense between our world and a portal to hell which recently opened up out back.
>>
>>29087141
"Uhhhh, what the fuck?"
"Oh! Sorry, that's my dad, he was being naughty."
"Can you pull over, I need some air."
He scooted back in his seat, ready for an attack.
"Just roll down the window silly."
He kept his eyes on her. She was smiling and seemed focused on driving. He shot a glance at the man in the back, he wasn't moving. They were coming up on a red light, that's when he would make his move.
"Why are you so freaked out? Relax."
She ran the red light.
Fuck this! He jumped out the car and got up limping. He pulled out his phone and ran as fast as he could checking behind him to see if she was following him. She wasn't. He began walking slowly backwards.
"What the fuck was that?"
He got home and lied on his couch, looking at his bloodied elbow. He wondered if he should call the co- CRASH! A car had come right through the wall, the driver got out the car and fell to the floor, groaning in pain. It was her.
>>
writing is the only thing i'm remotely good at or interested in doing. the only advice i'd have is to just write every day, even if it's nonsense. i'd also say not to be afraid to try your hand at just about anything. i've found the gulf between what i wanted to write when i first started and what i ended up being competent at writing is pretty wide. experiment, don't be afraid to abandon something if it isn't working (i have a finished novel that will never see the light of day, for example; hang onto everything, though, as you may find yourself using characters, settings or concepts in something that does work) or to go for something you wouldn't have necessarily expected yourself to do.
>>
>>29088020
>crashes into his living room
Kek, not bad.
>>
File: topkeklmao.jpg (93 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
topkeklmao.jpg
93 KB, 800x800
>>29087080
The year is 1988 and Jimmy Carter has been elected for his fourth term as President of the United States. Describe what America looks like.

Bonus points for describing how the Soviet Union is fairing.
>>
>>29087080
Write something like Dante's Inferno, but set it on a train instead of Hell.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.