[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
tell me about your favorite pizza and why its papa johns I just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6
File: papa-himself.png (246 KB, 635x352) Image search: [Google]
papa-himself.png
246 KB, 635x352
tell me about your favorite pizza and why its papa johns

I just got a large John's Fav. For you scrubs who dk, on that pizza the toppings are under the cheese, because John gets it
>>
>>29086197
>2016
>ordering from a shitty corporate pizza place instead of your local family-run pizzeria
lern2pizza. Papa Johns, Dominos and the like are the Italian Mcdonald's
>>
>>29086374
Italian pizza is the McDonald's of pizza

Why do you give a single shit about what garbage Europeans think?
>>
>>29086374
>run down family pizzeria that has no quality control or standards
Yeah...no thanks. This is why I prefer Papa Johns, too many of these family run places literally are scrapping anything to get by and have no care of customer service or standards
>>
i don't think the papa johns near me is open right now. i don't feel like cooking so i think i'll go get taco bell. i haven't had fast food in weeks.
>>
>>29086374

I live in north dakota.. there was only pizza hut before papa johns. Its a blessing to have access to the papa
>>
>>29086197

They don't do the papas favourite here. Fucking shit sucks.
>>
>>29086197
>tfw you remember the first Papa Johns chain to come to your city back in the early 90s
>tfw it was so incredible compared to Pizza Hut and the shitty local places that had no competition because there was no internet to easily compare places
>tfw some MBA fuck has A/B tested the incredible taste down to something that is different from PIzza Hut but is basically equivalent in taste now

Those assholes did a test where they used a slightly cheaper cheese and consumers couldn't tell, then they used a slightly cheaper tomato sauce after and people couldn't tell the difference from the downgraded one. Then that shit went on for 15 years and now you're left with mediocre shit.
>>
>>29087003
I haven't had Papa John's in a long time. Has it really gotten that bad?
>>
>>29087156
Nah it's fantastic, it's way better than pizza but and marginally better than dominos

I don't know what the fuck that anon is thinking
>>
>>29086197
Best pizza is Lil Caesars

>Drive thru
>Cheap as hell
>Hot and ready
>Tastes decent

Can't beat that shit
>>
If I can't get some authentic pizza I go for Domino's. Papa Jahns is still pretty good. Pizza Hut is shit except for the stuffed crust.
>>
>>29086197
If were doing in terms of taste. Papa Johns is clearly the best. Taste order is:
Papa Johns > Pizza Hut > Little Caesars > Dominos > Papa Murphys
>>
>>29087165
Dominos is garbage pizza. It exist in a shitty in between place of LC which is extremely cheap but edible and Pizza Hut and Papa Johns of inoffensive and reasonably priced. Its barely better than LC but prices itself like its of the same quality of PH and PJ, and its nowhere close
>>
>eating pizza outside of italy
Fuck y'all
>>
>>29087231
Italian pizza is fine, but all the American styles are better. All of them
>>
>>29087183
Do you know what's better than Little Caesars? Eating garbage.

>Drive thru
>Free
>Hot and ready during summer
>Tastes marginally better than Little Caesars
>>
>>29087231

American pizza in akin to English curry's. Far better than there original counterparts.
>>
>>29087288
>English food being better than anything

Japanese curry directly comes British curry and is better in every way. Its totally different from Thai and Indian kinds which are also very good, but are basically totally different foods.
>>
>>29086197
Papa Johns has been shit ever since they stopped doing their standard pep pizza with the cheese on top. They just started making it like generic ass pizza for no fucking reason. And that was the day I stopped ordering papa johns.

Fuck you John.
>>
>>29087318

I mean changed to suit the culture not strictly taste. Where do you get a Japanese curry apart from Japan lol.
>>
>>29087231
New Jersey has the best pizza because of the special nj tomato that is used in the sauce. You cant get it anywhere else in the world other than tri state area.

Tri state area combines its resources to create the best regional pizza on earth. NJ tomato, New York dough, and mozzarella from PA farms. No other region can compete with tri state area pizza
>>
>>29087389

What's the secret ingredient of NJ tomato, truck fumes.
>>
>>29087362
>where do you get Japanese curry apart from Japan
...maybe a Japanese restaurant?
Search Japanese curry in Google and you'll find some
>>
>>29087214
Have you tried it recently? Dominos is not nearly as bad as it used to be, in fact I would say the crust is better than papa John's crust although the pizza is weaker. It's honestly not too bad anymore, they changed it recently
>>
>>29086197
I live in Louisville, home of Papa John. His pizzas are too expensive. Dominos/pizza hut/little Caesars are a better deal. The Papa's pizzas are objectively the best though.
>>
>tfw you work at Papa John's
I just want to be on R9K. Why do you guys have to bring up work?
>>
>>29087845

He made his pizza too expensive for his local community? How did he get so far. Or maybe he just hates ye.

>>29087949

Please don't tell me you do robot shit with the pizzas like bringing in bottles of semen and pouring it in the cheese mixture.
>>
>>29087362
You get it from Japan
Also literally every single Asian grocery store in the US sells Japanese curry and its increasingly accessible in white people grocery stores as well, although usually marked up 2-3 bucks for the exact same shit
>>
>>29088008
That's disgusting.
Do you know how much cheese costs and how much of it they buy?
Shit is the most expensive thing in the store. That's a quick cause for separation if you fuck with cheese.
>>
>>29087470
I fell for their marketing ploy 5-10 years ago, or whenever they started it. I used to force my family to family to get the grosser old version because I liked the cinnamon sticks, but even then I knew the pizza was crap. Its better than what it was but it still sucks
>>
I just want to say I love Boro the local papa Johns pizza maker. I hate when the women is on because she fucks everything up and it doesn't taste the same. I'm not gay but I would give him a handie in the bathroom.
>>
>>29087278
Even 'go 'za?
>>
>>29086374
Unfortuately all the local families where I live are shit at making pizza
>>
File: LaRosas-GCM-Physical.png (217 KB, 381x240) Image search: [Google]
LaRosas-GCM-Physical.png
217 KB, 381x240
>>29086197
If you're ever in the Cincinnati area, try Larosa's. They're a great family operated local chain here.
>>
File: Pizza.jpg (87 KB, 600x479) Image search: [Google]
Pizza.jpg
87 KB, 600x479
>Enjoy your chain pizza, plebians, I'm going to spend $20 on this delicious artisan pizza as I actually appreciate pizza
>>
File: maxresdefault (58).jpg (286 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (58).jpg
286 KB, 1920x1080
Why not make your own homemade pizza? Print out the recipe, buy the ingredients and make that pizza.

http://allrecipes.com/recipes/250/main-dish/pizza/
>>
>>29088299
Because I don't have a pizza oven
>>
File: 81YCGuvlIXL._SL1500_.jpg (196 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
81YCGuvlIXL._SL1500_.jpg
196 KB, 1500x1500
>>29088310
Got this Black+Decker convection oven from Amazon for just $64. Works like a charm.
>>
>>29088273

Looks dry and crusty as fuck.
>>
File: healthyliving.jpg (182 KB, 566x849) Image search: [Google]
healthyliving.jpg
182 KB, 566x849
>>29088273
I like margherita pizzas. :)
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.