[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you even find a job with incredibly large resume gaps
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 1464877360606.jpg (52 KB, 560x575) Image search: [Google]
1464877360606.jpg
52 KB, 560x575
How do you even find a job with incredibly large resume gaps or even no experience?
>>
Charm and/or connections, probably.
>>
whenever there's a gap in your resume, say you went to college

aim low
>>
Charm, and by asking questions about working procedure that prove I've been in the shit before.
>>
You don't

Those things say a lot about who you are as a person. Society will tell you that everyone can make it but the truth is if you're an idiot and fuck up nobody will make sacrifices to help you.
>>
>>29086410
With no degree from then to prove it?
>>
>tfw long employment history gaps because of traveling
c-can i make it brahs?
>>
>>29086537
That's fine brah, as long as you can confidently answer the question of "where did you go?"
>>
>>29086090
why do you have large resume gaps?

for the "no experience" thing, just go volunteer at a soup kitchen or something for a few months, so you have at least something to put on your resume
>>
Just fucking lie.

I filled a few apps, but lied on one and said I had a shitty retail job once. Guess which one called back.
>>
>>29086512
If you are just going for a shitty job they probably wont check. Hence why anon said aim low
>>
>>29086512
just tell them you switched major a bunch, and maybe say you started out as a layabout before college
>>
By kissing as much ass as you can.
>>
>>29086090
Apply for jobs that literally retarded people can do. Something like McDonalds or some other fast food place where they're constantly hiring dumb teenagers who either quit after a month or get fired for smoking weed in the walk-in freezer or something.
>>
You start really low, applying for the shittiest jobs out there so you can build a resume.
>>
You lie
you lie a lot
>>
>>29086090
Find places with help wanted signs
I didn't have a job for years and found a place that paid 10hr and gave me 40-45 hours a week with 0 experience, plus they let us smoke weed and drink beer in the back
>>
>>29086090
The questions is what kind of job are you looking for? Literally any shop at a mall will hire anyone to fold clothes or stock products (usually clothes store hire people for fitting rooms and folding clothes) or some other shitting retail job. Now if your looking for a college career job than I believe we are screwed since they always want people on the dean's list or with 3-5 years of experience in their field. Unless you are lucky to find an entry-level job in your degree
>>
>>29086383
>Have everything a robot won't have
T-Thanks for advice.
>>
>26
>no college
>no work experience

what do?
>>
File: 3094934i943493409feels.jpg (42 KB, 680x684) Image search: [Google]
3094934i943493409feels.jpg
42 KB, 680x684
you get really lucky. I got blessed 2 years ago, now I bake at Costco for 20bux per hour.
>went fishing
>I was catching fish left and right
>some kid wasn't catching anything
>felt sorry for him
>let him use my bait
>he started catching them like crazy
>the dad was all happy taking pics with the son and all the fish he caught
>started talking to the dad for a few hours
>anon, where do you work?
>I don't have a job right now
>I can get you on where I work
>really?
>yea, just apply online then call and say you know mark
>after I come home
>apply
>the Monday I called and I said I knew mark and he recommended me a position
>they told me to come in
>tfw he was the baking manager
>tfw got a good job with a lot of bennies
I was 26 hkv hopeless neet and now i'm doing very good in comparison. I started eating right and got fit, I met a qt at one of the company picnics. She has green eyes and dark brown hair, a very loving girl with a great father that's her rock. I wasn't going to fish at that spot because I wanted to on the other side of the lake by the willow. But something told me to go by the dock. To this day I'm still shocked how something so small as fishing on one side of the lake can shape your entire life. I would have still been a hopeless HKV fat neet if I fished by the willow.
>>
>>29086090
Volunteer work/ College

or just make some bullshit up
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.