[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>have very bad social anxiety so I'm usually too scared
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 1464803136084.jpg (23 KB, 600x169) Image search: [Google]
1464803136084.jpg
23 KB, 600x169
>have very bad social anxiety so I'm usually too scared to leave my house
>decide to go outside for a walk this afternoon
>it's raining very hard and is actually pretty comfy
>can't get my legs to relax, have to walk manually and move very stiffly as a result
>can't put both of my headphones in my ears because I'm afraid people will hear me breathing, so I only use one
>too scared to look people in the eyes but also too scared to look down at the ground so I wind up moving my head around randomly in a panic
>try to breathe deeply and calm down like my cunt money-grubbing therapist told me
>it doesn't work so I just concentrate on my music
>as soon as I start getting into the music and feeling like I could actually relax on this walk, I step into a huge puddle and two Stacies nearby snicker at me
>walk home feeling worse than when I left
I'm tired of this. I am twenty years old and I can't even go outside like a normal fucking person because my brain hates me that much. Every time I gather up the courage to try, things just go wrong and blow up in my face. How am I supposed to make friends or get a gf when I can't do something as simple as walk down the street listening to music? How am I supposed to get a job or a degree if I can't even make a phone call to some random Pajeet in customer service that I will never see again in my entire life? I give up.
>>
Bumping this thread tbo
>>
File: Hank.png (1 MB, 680x1500) Image search: [Google]
Hank.png
1 MB, 680x1500
>>29085201
I feel the same way

Everything is overwhelming

I don't know what went wrong
>>
Are you fucking retarded? You just fucking walk, how hard can that be? I have schizophrenia and don't have problems fucking walking.
>>
>>29085201
go
leave your house
i have social anxiety disorder officially diagnosed
i find that i get desensitized with lots of practice
do it 500 times and it's still not fun but you don't freak out as much
leave your house 500 times in 100 days
>>
Have you tried any kind of mindfulness meditation stuff? That really helped me with depression, not sure if it would work with anxiety.
>>
>>29085580
>person with schizophrenia bitching about other people being weird

enjoy going insane faggot
>>
I had social anxiety when I was younger but you really just have to relax and try talking to people. Be yourself. You'll get a handle on it.
>>
>>29085678
fuck off
>BEE URSELF
>>
>>29085739
Why so hostile, friend?
>>
>>29085580
>I have a completely different mental disorder than you and I don't exhibit your symptoms so that means you shouldn't either!
You're dumb as fuck, you know that?
>>
>>29085201

I have lesser social anxiety now, but back when I got my first job at 23 it was a help desk job. I went from getting scared shitless of phone convos to having to take them all day. Hated the job and wanted to quit, but after a few months I felt no anxiety about it. Still make a fool of myself on the phone from time to time but it doesn't even bother me. You have to force yourself out of your comfort zone until you get used to it. I've also done the same for going to the gym and going out biking. A few years ago I would of thought it impossible yet today they are things I love.
>>
That really sucks OP. I'm socially anxious but I can't imagine having it that bad.
Psychiatrists are expensive, but drugs are probably a good idea. Otherwise your only option is what that other guy said, desensitisation. Force yourself to leave your house all the time. It'll suck but it will suck less and less the more you do it.
Seriously though, get drugs, you sound fucked up.
>>
File: 1460214016075.jpg (8 KB, 249x243) Image search: [Google]
1460214016075.jpg
8 KB, 249x243
>tfw millions of people have felt extreme shame before me
>tfw nobody remembers them or the things they felt shame about
>>
>>29085986
I take benzos and they only help a little even in high doses. Exposure is a good idea in theory but it just doesn't work with me. Before I dropped out of college I took a two-semester-long course for eight months. I forced myself to raise my hand in that class every single session. It never got easier. Not even a little. Same thing with walking down the street, same thing with visiting my local gym three days a week for six months. I felt as awkward and retarded and scared on the last day of that class as I did on the first. I'm legitimately beginning to think there's no hope for me. Nothing's working and I hate myself desu.
>>
>>29086133
Shit OP.
If it makes you feel any better, I'm really impresses at how you've tried all these things. Even if they didn't work it took guts to stick with em.
I have no idea how you could improve things then. Maybe you're just a natural born hikki.
>>
>>29086133
you only raised your hand like 100x
went to the gym fewer than 100x
you think that means anything to your body?

i'm talking about numbers
over 500
1000s preferably

i pretty much had no choice but to take a call center job. started with regular panic attacks and lots of sweating and awful discomfort. fucked up countless calls.
i have made approximately 11000 calls
i have no anxiety on the phone now
no fear of making calls
i own the phone
i still fuck up a lot of calls but it doesn't get to me
just over two weeks ago at work i somehow called a us senator by mistake
even that call i dealt with calm and easy, although i was tossing word salad before the part where he said who he was

i think it just takes many hundreds or thousands of times
>>
>>29085201
>can't put both of my headphones in my ears because I'm afraid people will hear me breathing, so I only use one

I thought I was the only one who did this
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.