[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's there to live for? What's the point? There must
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 13
File: shadow.jpg (22 KB, 269x637) Image search: [Google]
shadow.jpg
22 KB, 269x637
What's there to live for? What's the point? There must be some reason you're on /r9k/ instead of deceased.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160603-214254.png (1 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160603-214254.png
1 MB, 1440x2560
Life is inherently meaningless. There is likely no god, or one that is too concerned with worldly justice. We aren't here for a purpose. When I first accepted this, it was really depressing but it has become better. It's liberating. Ultimately, it is up to us to find our own meaning for life.

I take an antidepressant and a pill to manage my anxiety. I know the pain, but I am still so fucking happy I get to exist.

I don't believe in an afterlife, which means I also believe that this is the one chance I get to experience anything at all. I've been in love, I've been heartbroken, I've hiked to the top of a mountain, I've been injured, I've been surrounded with the people I love most and I have felt totally alone.

What is there to live for? That is up to you and you alone. But if you are dead, you don't get to feel a warm summer day, you don't get to taste sushi, you don't get to share sad Twitter frogs on a Peruvian flute enthusiast forum.

Ultimately, what kept me going in the darkest times was a curiosity of what the future held for me and the world at large and a belief that it can only get better if it is truly so bad.

Be kind to people, improve your diet, use your body and improve it to and no matter what, always be reading. Find something that sparks your brain, be it history, fiction, whatever it is, and always be learning more about the world we live in. You might value being a part of it a little more.

Best to you, little robot.
>>
I have to finish my fanfiction there are a lot of people counting on me.
>>
>>29084383
What's your fanfic about?
>>
File: 12055.jpg (46 KB, 225x307) Image search: [Google]
12055.jpg
46 KB, 225x307
>>29084344
>Improve diet
>Improved confidence? Still sperg out sometimes when I see attractive women.
>Kind to people. People will take advantage of that for sure. Like my dad, too gullible.
>Losing weight, lost interest in everything. Can't read anymore without losing interest.

I tried to improve but nothing goes positive. Even with a positive mindset, something always injects negativity in that path. I just don't bother with most things now. 26 soon and still KHV.
>>
>>29084344
thank you

originalius
>>
>>29084501
Is there a purpose though that keeps you in this world, some unfinished business? If nothing else, how do you fill your time?
>>
File: 9Y8ii.jpg (285 KB, 648x3000) Image search: [Google]
9Y8ii.jpg
285 KB, 648x3000
>>29084501

I actually used to work with people with severe Asperger's. I'm not sure if you are meming or are actually diagnosed, but I know that it can definitely make your life harder.

I still get depressed as well. The lack of motivation is the most damning part as it feeds back into laziness/not improving.

I hope you keep sticking to the diet. You are worth making your life better, even if you don't feel it.
>>
File: 1463368583372.png (26 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1463368583372.png
26 KB, 500x500
>>29084566
I'm a wagecuck so most of my time is there. I kinda lost interest in video games.

>Tried clubs, I just repel women, even with perfume on.
>Even at work, I treat people the same, even help them but some people have their heads far up their own ass. We work in the same building ffs.
>I have accepted that I'm ugly. I hate having pictures of myself.
>>
>>29084682
I struggle with some of with that and a lot of depression. I've decided I went into the wrong field and have thought about going back to college. But honestly, I'm still on the fence about whether it's worth it to even go on living. If I do this, and fail I don't want to leave behind a heap of debt other people might have to pay. I feel like most of the things I've tried in life failed because I struggled with depression and motivation. Seems to get me every time.
>>
>>29084734
People laugh at wagecucks a lot on here, but I see the point to it actually. I've had a lot more "freedom" living the NEET life, but honestly ever since I quit working I feel like I've been drifting, like there's no point. Maybe it's better putting up with all that shit so you actually have some reason to keep a routine and socialize. Job worth it for this, or is it just about money to those who work?
>>
File: 1459315660145.jpg (117 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1459315660145.jpg
117 KB, 645x773
>>29084682
I have not been diagnosed, then again I haven't seen anyone regarding these issues irl. /r9k/ seems to be the right place to discuss even though it's different than the past three years I've been on here.

I can't open up to people irl, just like my dad, he keeps everything bottled up.

As for diet, now that I'm slim, I do binge eat. It's been 4 years since I told myself to lose weight. I did lose it in 8 months. That was the only positive thing these past years. Even family were like "tomorrow you'll eat a whole packet of chocolate biscuits".

It's better to be lonely sometimes. Some people just inject that negative mindset into you when you are around them.

Sorry if I come off as a cunt.
>>
File: dbImage.jpg (155 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
dbImage.jpg
155 KB, 1024x768
>>29084344
> Life is meaningless
> It's liberating. Ultimately, it is up to us to find our own meaning for life
im tired of hearing this

how can you "invent your own meaning" .. you have to be aware that you just pulled that "meaning" out of your ass and it means nothing, like everything else.

i don't get that at all. iv never been able to "just make up a meaning bro"... if you do, how can you get past the idea that whether you take action or not, its irrelevant anyway so why bother. 250,000 people born a day. everyone fades and is forgotten in time, no one cares and nothing matters

all i can do is wake up each day, even that is getting harder now. feel like you need to be deluded to enjoy this life and believe things like this, but if you're a person who notices its a delusion then you can't fall for it
>>
>>29084771

College is an acceptable goal. Depending on what you want to do, you may not need to get an entire degree or community college could be an option (much cheaper). I'm doing a graduate certificate right now because I didn't want to commit to a Master's.

I did the wrong shit in undergrad too. I really regret not doing informatics so I could be making an easy living right now. Now I'm an education-cuck making bullshit money.

I'm 27 and live at home. My life isn't all glitter, but it's workable.

I hope you figure out what you want to do and get there.
>>
>>29084919
Why can't you just enjoy material shit?

Food tastes good.

Friends are fun to talk to.

Going for walks is nice.

I like my dog.
>>
better to live in a state of perpetual anxiety than to live in a state of
>>
File: 1426239109204.jpg (88 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
1426239109204.jpg
88 KB, 450x450
>>29084857
When I was a NEET, people always wanted to fuck with my self esteem. No matter how hard I tried to improve myself, people always looked down at me for not having a job. I do agree about the freedom.

The world just worships paper. We live and die for money. Sure money doesn't buy you happiness but you need it to survive unless you're strong.
>>
I don't want to live, the voices in my head get louder and angrier every day. I'm confident that if presented the opportunity I would end my own life
>>
>>29084943
its not enough. i dont know, im just fucked i guess

those things would be great if they existed in a vacuum but things like the crushing weight of existential despair, fear of the future, tfw no gf.. all overpower those small pleasures a million to one
>>
>>29084919
You're mentally ill. Most people can enjoy things without having to come up with a reason why. If you can't you're probably depressed, i.e. there's something wrong with your brain. You're like someone with a broken arm saying "I don't know how you can enjoy life! Aren't you in pain?"
>>
File: Screenshot_20160518-115427.png (1 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160518-115427.png
1 MB, 1440x2560
>>29084857

Dude, get a job. Not saying this to be a dick, but yes, routine is good, being held accountable is good, having standards set for you and by you is good. Yes, being cucked fucking sucks some days, but the people who blast that spicy meme are either 1) trolling 2) still trolling 3) people who don't do shit with themselves, feel shitty about, and need to try and justify it to themselves. Oh, and having some extra money is nice.

>>29084910

You aren't coming off as a dick at all...just depressed lol.

I binge eat too. My mom buys too much junk food and I have a weak will. Still, congrats in losing that weight! It isn't the only positive thing at all, actually. The most positive thing is that you have proven to yourself that you are capable of setting a goal, achieving it (so it took you four years... some never lose the weight!), and maintaining discipline.

I bet you could apply that ability to something else. You might fuck around with it for a while, but eventually you will get it done.
>>
File: MUH KYODAI.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
MUH KYODAI.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>29085098
Thank you. I hope you stay strong brobot.
>>
>>29084142
Believe it or not, my life has become a grotesque parody of living. I literally live for 2 things. One, to see what happens in the future. Two, to sabotage successful people's lives as much as I can, since I envy them. I work as a mortgage broker, screwing materialistic normalslime couples into buying what they can't afford.

Just remember, OP, you can get immense satisfaction from fucking up people and generlly living hedonistically, but you have to throw away the shackles of the memetic morality. You make your purpose, you make your direction and you make your goals and morals, since life is objectively, an empty span of time. It's up to you to fill it for yourself, since normalfags wouldn't give you anything, you have to jew them out.
>>
File: aim-smiley-006.gif (231 B, 27x26) Image search: [Google]
aim-smiley-006.gif
231 B, 27x26
>>29085059

You want to hear what my meaning is?

Try to be good to people

Read books about history

Enjoy the spectacle of the human condition.

That's it. Of course it is bullshit, but it's just enough to keep me going and humbling enough that I don't take it too seriously.

Gabapentin has done wonders for me though. Again, my meds help me.
>>
I live mainly because I feel a sense of wonder at the world. Whether it's watching Girls und Panzer and feeling happy for the girls (and buying figures of them) or reading articles on obscure subjects on Wikipedia, I feel like a child again if only for a moment.
>>
>>29084919

You don't have any idea what you're talking about
>>
>>29084970

haha he killed hims
>>
>>29085098

such a good goy

who's a good goy

whooo's a good goy

YOU'RE a good goy!
>>
>>29085206

suck mah dick dude
>>
File: R1Vulr4m_400x400.jpg (35 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
R1Vulr4m_400x400.jpg
35 KB, 400x400
>>29085487
Not an argument, try again, spook.
>>
There is music to be made and music to be heard. I must explore this world. There are things I still want to learn. I need to know God and help ease the suffering of other people and nature. And just good old hope. I realised I can still fix myself, and I'm trying to fix myself now.
>>
>>29085206
This guy has the right idea. I collect trash. Not in a literal sense, many of my possessions, and trophies as it were have a very high value in dollars, but I could lose them in a hour, and I would get over it in a few days once I was sleeping in my own space, and not in immediate danger.
>>29084142
Just do whatever feels good, or seems like it might be a interesting experience. Money is not that hard to gather, lovers can be bought. A personal trainer, and a nutritionist can have you looking good with a little effort. Want to crush people under your heel? Get all those, then beat the pavement running for public office, something small like a magistrate, or mayor first.
>>
>>29084142
Just bee urself breh XDXD
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.