[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is it really that bad?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6
File: americandreaminanutshell.png (664 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
americandreaminanutshell.png
664 KB, 640x426
Have things really been getting worse? or are we just seeing the past through a nostalgic filter.

I saw a thread where op was talking about his dad having this great childhood where he rode his bike around town and built forts and explored the forest and shit, but compare that to modern children who just spend their time inside staring at screens.
And not just children, I was looking through my mom's old pictures and found one of my second birthday party, my whole family was there eating cake in my grandparents backyard, grilling and talking to each other, having a great time.
Me and all the other kids that were there all had two, married parents and it was perfect, no one had their phones out, they were actually being social, like humans are supposed to be.
>>
Things are changing, all the mom and pop stores are being bought up by big corporations and being replaced by massive stores. Everythings become so impersonal. You can order nearly everything online these days anyway, why go outside at all?
>>
File: fate_of_empires_0.jpg (892 KB, 1000x976) Image search: [Google]
fate_of_empires_0.jpg
892 KB, 1000x976
America is on the decline
>>
>>29083786
Things are going good:
>oh no we're living in the best of times and this is as good as it's ever gonna get ;-; tfw alexander wept cause nothing else to conquer

Things are going so-so:
>DOOOOOM IT'S THE END OF AMERICA SPICS AND NIGGERS AND MUSLIMS RRREEEEE TRUMP SAVE US AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA CHINA AND RUSSIA RE RE RE RE NIGGERS AND SPICS REEEEEEE
You people are a riot lel You'll be unhappy no matter what. Might as well just kill yourselves.
>>
It seems like all I can think about anymore is how I can hold onto the beliefs and values that my parents and grandparents had, and how am I going to get my kids to be the people that I want them to be (if I ever have any) if at every turn they're being influenced by the media or if I manage to stop them from watching TV or playing video games or listening to the ghetto trap music on the top 100 about sex, money and drugs. Then they would either be ostracized and end up a weirdo like me or their friends would introduce them to the popular culture anyway
>>
>>29083981
I'm trying to prove /pol/ wrong, I go there every so often and all it ever is is doom and gloom, but I'm starting to pay attention to a few of their points. Such as the worrying amount of single mothers or migrants taking the low paying jobs that high schoolers used to do, then the high schoolers never get jobs and fall into a cycle of laziness.
>>
File: re.jpg (48 KB, 700x1125) Image search: [Google]
re.jpg
48 KB, 700x1125
Of course my thread dies while black bot threads and woman hate threads thrive
>>
>>29083981
>You people are a riot lel You'll be unhappy no matter what. Might as well just kill yourselves.
History says the US has less than 15 years before collapse. We are about to enter the full on police state phase which comes just before the collapse.
>>
File: dhbs.jpg (271 KB, 900x1300) Image search: [Google]
dhbs.jpg
271 KB, 900x1300
This is the future of women, this is every woman who is above 1/10, women are most definitely getting worse
>>
>>29083786
is that an ipod?
>>
Depends on how you define "worse". If being openly gay or being transgender is important to you then now is better than ever. College wise it's far worse than ever before for many reasons. Economy wise there was far more wealth to go around after WWII than now. Wealth inequality wasn't also anywhere near as big an issue, and the national debt wasn't as god awful as it is now. The USD was also firmly the de facto world currency. That may not stay true for much longer however.
>>
>>29085027
That's what I'm wondering too. At first I thought it was a picture from the 60s or some shit, but the wire is throwing me off
>>
>>29083837
And what's worse is that those small stores used to function as community hubs where people would socialize with each other.

I don't even know most of my neighbors who live just a few doors down or the next street over. There really is no reason to interact with them. And while my neighborhood is not a bad area, I wonder how much more vibrant it could be if people knew each more and felt they all had a stake in everyone's well-being.
That's not going to happen because this is suburbia, where you have blocks of houses serviced by strip malls along a highway. Even if towns were planned differently, like commerce being in the center of everything, even just that would be more conducive to people seeing each other.

>>29084294
Threads like these are the reason I come here every day and wade through the sewage that is those sorts of threads.
>>
>>29085027
>>29085345
It's a transistor radio. Notice how there's only one earpiece as well. Pic related.
That's Ron and Rand Paul by the way.
>>
>>29083786
>no one had their phones out, they were actually being social, like humans are supposed to be.
what do you think normies are doing with their phones? they're texting other normies. they are social, they just don't want to socialize with you in particular. it's ok, you'll get over it, who would want to socialize with those stupid normies anyway
>>
File: 1454319446565.jpg (58 KB, 450x443) Image search: [Google]
1454319446565.jpg
58 KB, 450x443
>>29083786
>>29085474

People just read newspapers or listened to their walkmans instead. It just wasn't as invasive and obvious as it is now. People were friendlier and more open to one another because they didn't live under the constant threat of terrorism and poverty is all. It all changed for the worse after 9/11 socially speaking.

A lot of the problems you notice today have always been around. Racial, sexual and otherwise. Its just that people weren't so apathetic and got vocal and outspoken about it on their weekends because there was nothing else to do.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.