[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>start watching anime >"Hey, this stuff is pretty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1458982670032.gif (825 KB, 637x496) Image search: [Google]
1458982670032.gif
825 KB, 637x496
>start watching anime
>"Hey, this stuff is pretty good"
>"Oh man, this is awesome, I gotta find more"

>start watching more
>it's not as good as the shows I watched when I first started
>keep watching anime
>none of it is as good as the shows I watched at the very beginning
>tfw endlessly chasing a high that I can't replicate again

I feel like I've watched all the good anime. I don't know what else to do
>>
>>29083374
It's diminishing returns, what addicts call "chasing the dragon".
What you need to do is not watch anime for a while. When when you come back to it, the sense of novelty will be higher. It may never be as good, but it'll be better than this.

Also, maybe deliberately try things outside your preferred genres. You may find your likes are broader than you realized.
>>
have you seen jojo?
>>
>>29083506
I have, I've read all the manga too up to part 6

I really like Part 2 and Part 4, but I'm not crazy about the other ones
>>
every now and then you'll come across something good, don't lose hope.
>>
>>29083374

Their a lot of hidden gems within anime. Just keep watching.
>>
>>29083551
Part 7 is great and the art is way better because it started monthly serialization.

Part 6 and 5 were pretty bad
>>
It's because you're always trying to chase the same feeling rather than looking for a new one. When I started watching anime it was a whole new world to me so series that may have seemed good back then, were actually rather generic.

There will never be something that appeals to you like Yuyushiki again but then there is stuff like GochUsa and Non Non Biyori. In fact we're living in the golden age of Moe, which I love but then again my favourite series is Ghost in the Shell and besides Psycho-Pass there is a severe lack of good Cyber Punk being made now.

Similiar deal with KyoAni, I loved their Key adaptations and they did a good job of Haruhi but none of their new series feel like their older stuff besides Chuu2 and maybe Hyouka.

You've got 50 years worth of anime to dig through, unfortunately I've been unable to watch much this season and I hear it's quite good.
>>
I know the feeling. Why do people recommend the best stuff to beginners? You're setting them up for disappointment later on.
>>
>>29084315
>Psycho-Pass
>good cyber punk
Mediocre at best. Still, one of the best anime shows of its genre.
>>
>>29085212
If you had to watch the garbage first, you wouldn't want to keep watching.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.