[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>have to move out across town cause I work too far from Mom's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: fuck.jpg (116 KB, 943x336) Image search: [Google]
fuck.jpg
116 KB, 943x336
>have to move out across town cause I work too far from Mom's house
>room with dude I've known since I was 11 (were 23)
>says I'm like a brother to him
>find his presence incredible annoying and hate the fact that we can't just live together without interacting at more than a "Hi." without him getting butthurt and calling me antisocial
>don't mind his stupid dudebro friends but they're constantly here till 5am being loud and obnoxious
>feel like I'm just renting a room in this guy's condo even though we're both on the lease and all the utilities are in my name
>completely regret signing lease
>other dude I've known since I was 11 wants to move out
>get along with him perfectly, he's respectful as fuck, always there to lend a helping hand, clean house, overall ideal roommate

How does one go about breaking a lease without having to pay the entirety of the rest of the year's rent? Never done this before. I'm cool with paying 2 months worth of rent since it's my idea but I seriously can't stand this fuckin guy I live with and I don't know how to even bring up how much I fucking hate his guts cause he thinks we're best friends. I feel like all these years I've known him out of some obligation to not be a dick and say "I hate you leave me alone please," and cause his family is pretty nice to me. I don't even really have a real reason I'm filled with such anger at the mere sight of him, but its increased dramatically since we moved in together and I'm literally just mad as fuck all the time without explanation.

I've scoured all over my rental agreement and it doesn't mention anything about breaking a lease, only that you need 30 days written notice of intent to move out when the lease is coming to a close or you gotta pay a months rent extra.
>>
File: 1358972344711.jpg (62 KB, 392x500) Image search: [Google]
1358972344711.jpg
62 KB, 392x500
r u srs right now senpai
>>
>>29082683
>How does one go about breaking a lease without having to pay the entirety of the rest of the year's rent?
Are you joking? The whole point of renting is being able to leave on the first of a month without penalty
>>
>>29082745
tl;dr I hate my fucking roommate and my lease doesn't say anything about early termination so I want to know how that generally is done

>>29082770
Can you elaborate
>>
>>29082820
What do you mean early termination? Your "lease" gets renewed every month. Thats what renting is or did you buy the place on a loan?
>>
>>29082878
I'm on a 12 month lease, month to month wasn't an option available to me at the time of signing.

I want to contact my landlord but I have no idea how to do that discretely without my roommate finding out cause he'll throw a bitchfit if I mention I want to move out. I'd rather save the bitchfit for when I'm 100% sure I'm able to do so.
>>
>>29082975
>I'm on a 12 month lease
lol why would you do that? You're murrican, right?
>>
>>29083032
Because there were no other options in all the places I checked and I had to move out. Saw a 7 month lease place but that one was full of roaches.

Yes I am in America, which has literally nothing to do with this thread.
>>
>>29083068
Only Americans would let themselves get jewed that much. You signed a contract that forces you to live with strangers for a whole fucking year or pay a penalty.
>>
>>29082683
Wait so do you like the guy you've known since 11? When you say other guy, you only mentioned one guy.
>>
>>29083103
>thread has literally nothing to do with America
>DUDE JEWS LMAO

cool inferiority complex m8

>>29083164
Two guys I've known since I was 11. One is just a guy I kinda have always been around cause...he's around I guess. Just another person to interact with. Over the years I've come to realize I'm not just not fond of him, I find him annoying at a deeper level than I can logically explain. That's the one I live with and after I move I won't be talking with him much.

The other guy I'd consider my best friend and he wants me to move with him.
>>
>>29083244
>cool inferiority complex m8
I've just never heard of such a retarded concept before.
>>
>>29083244
Did you like him at one point? And why do you not like him?
>>
Just file the skid-break clause in the footy.
Are you retarded? Maybe you should be living with your mother still, because you obviously aren't mature enough to live with anyone.
>>
>>29083307
>owner of property wants people to give him money to stay on his property
>people want to stay on his property so they agree to give him money
>owner doesn't want to go searching for new people to live on his property every time people living there are like "ayy lmao i feel like becoming a street performer in china im moving out k bye"
>creates lease agreement saying the property is to be paid for for X amount of time (month to month, 6/7/10/12/14 months standard lengths of time)
>people sign lease and have to live there X amount of time or break the contract with owner's permission and maybe pay a penalty for the owner having to go find new people to live there

What's such a hard concept to understand here?

>>29083366
We bonded over video games throughout high school I guess but I don't really enjoy them anymore so we have nothing in common. Once he started smoking weed every day after we graduated HS I just started to find him generally more and more annoying. After a few months of living with him I just hate his face.

>>29083451
>english property law
>repeatedly stated I'm American throughout the thread
>said in the last goddamn sentence of my OP that the lease doesnt mention anything about breaking it anywhere

illiterate bong pls go
>>
>>29083599
>What's such a hard concept to understand here?
You letting yourself get treated that way? Property owners having the right to do such a thing?
>>
>>29083655
Property owners don't put a gun to people's heads and force them to live places anon
>>
>>29083693
That doesnt mean they should be able to jew people. We live in a society.
>>
>>29083803
dude capitalism lmao
>>
>>29082683
just till him in advance that you're moving out in a couple of weeks/months because reasons (maybe say you want to live on your own or something), and that he should ask one of his dudebro friends to move in with him and co-pay rent

chances are good that he'll be cool with it
>>
>>29083866
Exactly. Only Americans are cucked enough to live in a truly capitalistic society where shit like that is okay.
>>
>>29083927
So what stops non-American property owners from being fucked over by flaky tenants?

And it's not like it's ironclad. Generally for the most part if you're moving before the duration of your lease is over all you have to due is pay 1-2 months rent in advance or something.
>>
>>29083599
>english property law

I literally made up the break clause off the top of my head. The fact that it turned out to be real some where is beyond me.
>>
>>29083927
Fuck off troll or underageb&. No one generally pays month to month rent becuase it's usually a very bad rate compared to a long term lease unless you are living in ghetto apartments or with shitty landlords.

And it's the same thing in Europe or NZ and Australia. It's been that way ever since tenenat rights were inacted.
>>
>>29083927
Let's say i'm lookig for a hotel, but then I realize it's cheaper to rent a house for a whole year, but cancel it the next day.
kek. Shut the fuck up you fucking retard faggot mother fucker.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.