[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can I get committed for refusing to take my antipsychotics? I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: H5j8qy6.jpg (106 KB, 1072x679) Image search: [Google]
H5j8qy6.jpg
106 KB, 1072x679
Can I get committed for refusing to take my antipsychotics? I was prescribed them last week and I'm expected to report back to the psychiatrist Tuesday having taken them for a week, I still have yet to touch them because I believe they'll fuck me up more than this "Schizophrenia" ever will.

Am I going to get vanned for this?
>>
>>29082606
you can't get vanned unless you say you really want to kill yourself or harm other
>>
Not if you kill yourself first. Your life is already under the frog's ass, you're seeing a retard doctor, what do you hope to achieve at this point? Just off it and it'll be much more painless than if you keep it going.
>>
>>29082606
Take your damn pills.
And be honest with your doctor that you didn't start on time because you were worried you wouldn't be you.

You won't be. That's the point. You'll be someone slightly less fucked in the head with the same history, family, stuff, and likes/dislikes.

This appointment is supposed to be so you can tell the doctor if the pills are helping any, and what the side effects on you are. But since you didn't start on time you've fucked that up.

By the way, the most likely side effects are brain fog (trouble thinking) and feeling sedated / sleeping lots extra. If you don't adapt to it, they should cut your dose.
>>
File: myth-of-mental-illness-szasz.jpg (22 KB, 230x346) Image search: [Google]
myth-of-mental-illness-szasz.jpg
22 KB, 230x346
>>29082606
Assuming you are in the US, and an adult, it should not be possible to commit you for more than a short 'observation period' without a court ruling against you.

Listen to >>29083248
don't say it and don't think it either.

You can take advice from >>29083765
if you want to I'm not telling you he's wrong, but IF you decide not to take the pills THEN it's doubly important to remember >>29083248
and keep it very carefully.

Good luck anon.
>>
>>29082606
I like that picture, saved!
>>
anti-psychotics have so many awful side effects, i don't know why anyone would allow themselves to take them unless their life was in shambles

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tardive_dyskinesia
>>
>>29084248
tardive dyskinesia is rare with some of the atypicals

it usually develops after years of use, which isn't really a must if you're just taking them to come out of a psychosis and sort out your med situation
>>
>>29082606
>I believe they'll fuck me up more than this "Schizophrenia" ever will
I take lots of Seroquel
It doesn't fuck me up
It did at first, made me tired and dumb and emotionally blunted
But there was an adjustment period and all that went away
I've been off it recently enough to know for sure that it doesn't affect me much besides taking away the symptoms

most medphobia is healthy but too many people get irrational
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.