[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Robot jobs?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (886 KB, 650x2047) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
886 KB, 650x2047
I saved up money and recently moved out of my parents home. I am staying with some other people in an apartment. I will need to pay rent soon, and getting a flight here cut into my savings a bunch.

I worked fast food before and it was pretty awful. That was in a small town with relatively small crowds. Now I'm in a huge city and all the resturants are so crowded just walking inside of them fills me with anxiety. Needless to say, I don't think I'm mentally capable to handle working somewhere like that.

I've come to accept that I can't just ignore my weaknesses, trying to just ignore my anxieties and work in a heavily social environment has resulted in some awfully embarrassing memories and horrible mental unrest.

What are some jobs more appealing to those of us with poor social skills and other problems?

Where do you robots work?
>>
>>29082499
PleassZ reply
>>
>>29082499
i work as a materials handler in a plastic injection moulding factory. i am never static so can not be trapped in a conversation i don't want. if i don't want to see anyone at all, i can sit in my little office space among all the pallets of material at the back of the factory.
>>
I have what could possibly be considered the perfect robot job. I create marketing material and do website maintenance for a private business. I have a private office, salaried pay, lenient work hours, and never have to talk to anyone really. I basically come in between 9 and 10am, take product pictures, make brochures or e-mail them to distributors, and make the occasional addition to the website. I leave at around 4-6pm. On average I work about 10 hours a week, and since I have unrestricted internet I spend the rest of my time surfing the net or even gaming (work paid for me to build my own editing PC). I even take three exercise breaks a day. Only downside is the pay sucks at $16 an hour in a hick town, but all I want is to live without misery so it's fine.

Tons of B2B companies need people like me to make custom brochures for their re-sellers. No education is necessary just learn how to use Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and a bit of Dreamweaver. Then make some fake PDF brochures and send them to a bunch of small manufacturers (think mold makers, machine shops, hospital supplies, Chinese re-sellers). I used my college essays that I fancied up and got hired by a plastics company.
>>
i work as internet tech support in a call center. you'd think a socially retarded robot wouldn't be able to work there, but you'd be wrong. you're there to solve their issue and that's it. unless they decide to small talk, then it gets awkward and you get to reveal your power level. but that doesn't happen very often.
>>
A great line to use when trying to get a job would be: I am more task oriented then people oriented
Other than that, I have no other help.
Hope you can find a comfy job
>>
>>29084769
Forgot my sarcasm tag. I don't even have a job title and no companies hire people to do that internally. I got the job initially out of shear pity from the owner, and now that he's retired I'm just hoping no one notices how useless I am. I've mastered the art of being socially invisible though, so I might not get fired and have to kill myself.
>>
>>29084318
Do you run a quest over on /qst/
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.