[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /businesscasual/ here? I'm trying to get an office
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
Who /businesscasual/ here?

I'm trying to get an office job and spent some good money on some interview clothes. I was wearing something like pic related at the mall and actually got hit on by a few women. Is this how it is to have a business job?
>>
>>29082310
If that's what happened then good for you. That's an acceptable outfit so you're good on the clothes. Don't fuck up and good luck anon.
>>
>>29082310
>business
>data entry office monkey cuck
Lol nah, talk to me when you're wearing a $5000 suit
>>
>>29082310
Get you some spiffy ties from The Tie Bar. I have a nice collection of the silk knit ties ($25 a piece) and I got lots of compliments on them at work.
>>
>>29082310
I work in a government office and I just wear t-shirts and jeans. I am also salary not hourly. What kind of office are you trying to work at?
>>
>>29082310
I cant wear this, i weight 250 lbs.
>>
>>29082506
They have big and tall stores anon.
>>
>>29082676
But still, it's better wear something that hides fat and gut.
>>
>>29082694
Like what exactly? All black can only slim you down so much in appearance.
>>
>>29082719
Even if you dress and black, tucking in shirt looks hideous.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
I know from experience a nice fitted suit is a great way to stand out. I wear suits for business trips quite a bit, and I get hit on quite a bit quite a bit by service staffs. Hotel lobby clerks, waitresses, non-us airlines flight attendants.
>>
>>29082778
God okay, maybe you shouldn't be fat. Working on your appearance doesn't just stop at the clothes you wear.
>>
File: pepefire.png (448 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
pepefire.png
448 KB, 900x900
>>29082811
>I wear suits for business trips quite a bit

GET OFF MY BOARD REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>29082841
>maybe you shouldn't be fat
Yeah, you're late by 50 pounds.
>Working on your appearance
I just want to look decent and anything beyond that is waste of time.
>>
>>29082984
You'll either lower your personal standards and accept your appearance or realize decent isn't what you are right now and decide to change it. You're only wasting your time if you do nothing.
>>
>>29082984
>lower your personal standards
I'm just trying to look decent as much as fat person can, not find gf.
>>
>>29082811
Dude, seeing that picture, I would totally go homo for you and let you fuck my boipussy.
>>
>>29082310

/businesscasual/ here

I only started work last month but it's not too bad at all. I actually find dress pants and dress shirts (I wear similar to pic related but a bit more slim fitting and often have lighter, patterned shirts) to be significantly more comfortable than jeans and t-shirts.

I was surprised but it makes sense.

Any other /businesscasual/ bros online and able to share some tips? I still find it a bit tough to eat certain things on my lunch breaks because I'm concerned that I'll get some sauce on my shirt/pants or something.
>>
>>29083481
>I still find it a bit tough to eat certain things on my lunch breaks because I'm concerned that I'll get some sauce on my shirt/pants or something.

Are you me?
>>
>tfw short as shit so look goofy in business clothes
>>
Thinking about changing career path from science to an MBA. Is this a good move. I'm currently a research fellow at uni but I need a bit more security
>>
>>29084046
Seems like a bad idea. At least with science you have a skill and expertise. MBA's are essentially just networking degrees where you throw your lot in and hope the cronyism works in your favor. People who are legit successful don't have MBAs, and if they do they aren't the cause of their success. If you're smart, you'll do well in business, irrespective of a degree. If you're doing science, at least you're building a knowledge base, and you can transition into industry if you see an attractive opportunity.
>>
>>29084209
That is true. But, my field is over saturated. Seems like business is more versatile
>>
>>29082811
>square-toed shoes
Learn to dress professionally
>>
>>29082310
Whenever i wear a dress shirt, its so loose, like I'm wearing a parachute

Also, if your shirt is tucked in, how do you hide your boner? If I got a boner dressed like that, everyone would see
>>
>>29084996
You could be wearing a size too large. There are also "slim fit" shirts but I don't like them as you look like an effeminate hipster. The standard fit is a little bit baggy, but it's considered normal for it to be.
>>
>>29084996

get properly measured you faggot
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.