[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>my dad was telling me stories at the bar about how he spent
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (10 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
10 KB, 200x200
>my dad was telling me stories at the bar about how he spent his child hood
>he built forts and made tents in the forest
>he climbed trees as a kid
>he had mad bantz at his catholic school
>him and his friends used to ride their bikes around the small town they lived in
>mfw I spent my childhood on the computer and my eyes glued to my phone
>>
>>29082265
I did all of this stuff.

You could have too OP, why didn't you?
>>
>>29082868
I didn't realise how important childhood was until it slipped through my fingers.
>>
>spent childhood with eyes glued to my phone
Jesus christ how fucking young are you?
>>
>>29082907
Did your parents ever encourage you to go outside?
>>
>>29082265
throwing rocks was probably the most fun I ever had
>>
>>29083009
Not op but my mom was very over protective and didnt let me walk down the street alone until i was almost in high school. I remember one year in halloween i wanted to go trick or treating but couldnt leave the neighborhood, my father had to go with me, and my friends fidnt want to go with me because lol anaons dad is there.

fuck you Elizabeth Smart i hope you die extremely painfully
>>
>>29082943
Not even that young (18). My mother worked a high paying job so she could afford to buy me a basic ass computer when I was young and as I went through 2000 I was bought a phone and spent most of my time on that
>>
>>29083009
Didn't listen because I'm fucking stupid.
>>
am i your dad?
i didnt go to catholic school though
do kids even play today? it was a fucking punishment to be locked inside
>>
File: 1457442046166.png (156 KB, 1023x619) Image search: [Google]
1457442046166.png
156 KB, 1023x619
>parents can only afford 1 computer and 1 game console and have to share with brother
>hang out with friends outside
>ride bikes
>use library computers
>have to interact with people
>parents get wealthier and technology becomes cheaper
>am now shut in spending whole day on computer with no friends

the unabomber was right
>>
>>29082265
I did literally all that. I even went to a Catholic school too. But I also played a good deal of vidya and explored the fledgling internet too. I don't know why you're using technology as a scapegoat OP, I have nostalgia for the SNES and shitposting on AIM chatrooms but I also have nostalgia for building a fort in my friend's neighbor's backyard woods and trying to dam up a nearby creek to make a swimming pool. It's your fault you didn't live out your childhood, not your phone or your computer's.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.