[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey Robots, thoughts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: FB_IMG_1465164923271.jpg (19 KB, 310x395) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1465164923271.jpg
19 KB, 310x395
Hey Robots, thoughts?
>>
>>29081846

article?

This is the first I've heard of it.
>>
Is there really an uproar about this?
>>
Anybody who's mad about fiction takes themselves too seriously, and deserves to have people mad at them.
>>
>>29081876
I'll try find it man
>>
yeah yeah the offended squad got offended again, what else is new...
>>
typical feminazi bullshit. they laugh about women chopping off their husband's penises, but if a fictional male character lays a finger on a fictional roastie, they get all butt bothered
>>
File: Screenshot_20160605-232601.png (845 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160605-232601.png
845 KB, 1080x1920
>>29081876
It's on nme this is what the article is called
>>
>>29081884
That's exactly what I said in the Auschwitz Museum but still got fined for Holocaust denial.
>>
>>29082020
>X-Men fans angered
yeah, it's the fans who started this...
>>
I think its a bad poster, but not because of any feminism nonsense
>>
>>29082069
Yeah it implies X-men fans give a shit about the poster.
>>
>>29081846
>Women aren't in superhero roles
>Feminists get buttblasted
>Women treated like men in superhero roles
>Feminists get buttblasted

When will people realize that SJWs and the regressive left will never be satisfied? There's no point in catering to them because it's never good enough
>>
>>29082196
I think the general guilt the world has towards people who resemble victims insures this cycle to be perpetual.
>>
>>29082196
>Women treated like men in superhero roles
No. You're wrong. Women are getting treated like superheroes in superhero roles.
Any normal human getting strangled would die. Not a superhero.
>>
>>29082196

Normies use leftist butthurt tactics as leverage to destroy the opponents in their social circles. Don't like some dude/girl in your social circle? Call him/her a sexist, racist, and/or xenophobe at every opportunity so that they will be ostracized by the other normies.

So long as normies can take advantage of this framework to achieve their goals, leftist bullshit will still be given attention and credence, no matter how crazy it gets

tl;dr Leftists are useful idiots for normies
>>
>>29081846

This whole argument misses the point entirely. How is the violence portrayed? Just because there is violence in a movie that is directed towards women doesn't mean that violence, whether towards women or not, is condoned by the movie.

These people just want to get angry about something and when enough of the like minded people get together they can make their voice heard. Just because a vocal minority shout about it doesn't mean is represents feminism or even has a legitimate, rationalised interpretation... Just look at this board
>>
>>29082239
I meant they're treated like men because they're getting attacked and beaten up. She doesn't get an exception for being a woman, people get violent with her too.

But any instance of a woman getting physically harmed is "problematic"
>>
>>29082029
Underrated post.
>notoriginal
>>
>>29082291
I think even the poster shows that he is a villain to be hated for this action not glorified yet this happens.
>>
>>29081846
Difference between a scene in a movie and a huge billboard that's everywhere.

SJWs don't actually watch the movie.
>>
>>29082295
Getting attacked and beaten up isn't gendered. Just because feminists think it is doesn't mean you listen to them.

Also superheroes don't follow any gender bias because they aren't regular humans. In every superhero movie all humans can basically be compared to infants in the wake of superheroes and super villains

Nothing problematic about a superhero in battle.
>>
>>29082446
What the hell aren't you getting? I'm explaining why FEMINISTS get pissed off, I don't care at all. They want to be treated like men but don't like it when they're treated like men.

And to THEM (not me, don't know where you're getting that I feel this) everything is gendered. Even superheroes
>>
File: Screenshot_20160605-232628_1.jpg (186 KB, 1018x1309) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160605-232628_1.jpg
186 KB, 1018x1309
I wonder why it matters so much though, like who is going to see and be like, "I wanna go beat my wife now?"
>>
The term feminazi is cringy but other than that I agree
>>
>>29082351

This is precisely my point. The feminist argument against this is essentially one put forward by Germaine Greer, in that equality feminism is not enough because in the fight for women's liberation women should also reserve privileges that men don't have. The idea is that a fight for Feminism is a fight for violence not happening at all to women because violence should not happen at all. But what about men, well that's 'their problem'. This brand of feminism is not about 'equality' it is about dividing men and women even further by trying to demand unequal living conditions, it polarizes the state of gender politics. Equality means breaking down gender roles, destroying the male female divide so we can work together to identify and solve the problems that affect humanity generally
>>
>>29082020
oregano pepper sauce
>>
File: irL2rjD.png (378 KB, 532x537) Image search: [Google]
irL2rjD.png
378 KB, 532x537
>>29082912
peppermint a'la oregano
>>
as a pole im offended of the xmen movie, they showed poles in it like they where the ones who killed the jews in auschwitz
>>
>>29081948
That in and of itself isn't surprising or anything but they quickly bended to their demands without even trying to stand up to them. It's so sick.
>>
>>29081846
It's publicity stunt. The movie is bombing big time.
>>
>>29082291
>doesn't mean that violence, whether towards women or not, is condoned by the movie.

In the case of Deadpool, the violence really is telling something about feminism: Colossus stops fighting the lady because she's partially nude, she comments about how he's a nice guy then proceeds to strangle that retard.
There's another scene where Deadpool ponders if he can kill a girl, because it's sexist to do so but not killing her would be sexist too.
>>
>>29085000
>There's another scene where Deadpool ponders if he can kill a girl, because it's sexist to do so but not killing her would be sexist too.
He was joking. It ends with him killing them with no problems.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.