[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Most of us were probably happy as children. What would it take
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 10
File: 1444282599439.jpg (70 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
1444282599439.jpg
70 KB, 400x388
Most of us were probably happy as children. What would it take for you to be happy again?
>>
>>29080455
To finish school and move back to the city I'm from.
>>
Good friends and a more social life
>>
>>29080455
id need to somehow forget everything iv learned about life
>>
>>29080455
The motivation to get my license, then my GED, and go to trade school.
Weird thing is I get a burst of motivation when I'm falling for a girl and think there's a chance but then I realize I don't have a chance so that never lasts, my life would actually improve if I had a gf.
>>
>>29080455
Past erasing device.
>>
Nope i was always a hateful miserable shit
source: my family
>>
i guess ignorance
>>
>>29080455
a time machine which makes you older or younger depending on whether you travel into the future or past
>>
>>29080646
>Weird thing is I get a burst of motivation when I'm falling for a girl and think there's a chance but then I realize I don't have a chance so that never lasts, my life would actually improve if I had a gf.

Hello, me. I don't know if I can take my heart being crushed anymore.
>>
>>29080807
My heart is currently on the brink of being crushed, I can feel it coming.
Where are you in the process right now?
>>
>>29080455
>What would it take for you to be happy again?

travel back in time
>>
>>29080890
the girl i love more than anything else in the entire world is ignoring me. She has feelings for me, or so she says, and we've only been "together" for a few days but I've never felt this much towards another person in my entire life and I would do anything for her.
>>
File: sad pepe.jpg (168 KB, 1200x1024) Image search: [Google]
sad pepe.jpg
168 KB, 1200x1024
>You used to be happier when you were a child
-grandma

where did it go so wrong?
>>
File: 1464050849429-1.jpg (2 MB, 1836x1836) Image search: [Google]
1464050849429-1.jpg
2 MB, 1836x1836
>>29080967
Hey man, at least you haven't been obsessing over a fucking lesbian for the past two years with no signs of stopping.

I need to die.
>>
>>29080967
That sucks, how long have you known each other for?
Hope it works out for you in the end.
>>
i dont have any clue desu
>>
>>29080455
Some amphetamines
>>
I was happy until May 31, 2002. That was the day I learned there is no justice in this universe and that the good guys usually lose and the cheaters win. My life has never been the same since that day.
>>
>>29080673

Ignorance of what?
>>
Did anyone else experience a sort of second childhood in their late teens?

From about the age of 15 to 18 I was completley neet with no shame and my day could be made by something so small like a funny 4chan post or ordering a pizza.

2008 - 2011 was a pretty great time for me. I just sat around browsing 4chan all day and playing vidya all night with no depression. I fucking loved it.
>>
>>29080455
Not be 5'4
>>
>>29080455
You were happy as a child because you were loved. You would be happy as an adult if you were loved. To be happy is to be loved but people only love beautiful people. There's nothing you can do about happiness if you're not beautiful.

>>29081134
What happened?
>>
>>29080455

My death :(
>>
File: ptg00911492.jpg (53 KB, 396x282) Image search: [Google]
ptg00911492.jpg
53 KB, 396x282
>>29080455
inclusion and for people to return the kindness i show them. Very reasonable requests.
>>
>>29080455
back in diapers, full time baby
>>
File: never had a childhood.png (157 KB, 236x626) Image search: [Google]
never had a childhood.png
157 KB, 236x626
>>29080455
1 billion USD in cash.
>>
>>29081222
>What happened?
you wouldn't really understand it if you're not a sports fan but:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjRcTiwVEwo

I grew up in Sacramento and that team was the most important thing in my life when I was 12 and then that shit happened. They cheated my team out of a championship.
>>
This thread brought on some heavy feels.
>>
a permanent friend, and me not falling for said friend
hope in general
>>
to go back three years ago to stop myself from getting into the car accident.
>>
A p226 and the licence to kill everyone who I dont like without getting punishment
>>
>>29081282

Everyone would tear you apart if you took legal possession of those monies.

The sweet spot is somewhere from 1-20M. Then, barring society-ending catastrophe (about which there's not much that the species can voluntarily do), you're still set for life in any event. And people know these days that that type of money still doesn't go anywhere nearly as far as it did thirty years ago. Even poor people who aren't sub-95 IQ understand that a couple of million dollars is still not such a huge sum in the grand scheme of things. Otherwise we wouldn't have large numbers of alpha and beta cities around the world with 1M+ USD houses, many of which are themselves not particularly impressive.
>>
>>29081386
You fall for every friend you get? Regardless of gender?
>>
>>29081496
seems so
i've only had two real friends who knew me for me in my life. both online and the first was the same gender as me
so i wasn't sure if i liked them or not, or if i was just caught up in the fact that i finally gained a real friend
very confusing time, but in the end i gathered that i did indeed like them.
and so it happened again, and now i think that i won't be able to have a good friend without falling for them.
>>
>>29081604
Well, post your skype or kik and I guarantee you will not fall for me or maybe you will [/spoiler/]
>>
Bullet to the brain rgnl
>>
>>29081688
well i didnt mention it's hard for me to find a real friend since if i don't feel we click, i don't pursue it anymore
>>
Her

Unoriginal and pathetic, I don't care. I am going to miss you.
>>
>>29080455
balanced seratonin and dopamine
>>
>>29080455
play vanilla wow for the first time again
>>
File: 1464637684745.jpg (78 KB, 460x628) Image search: [Google]
1464637684745.jpg
78 KB, 460x628
A purpose I can work towards to, all this sitting at home and browsing 4chan depresses me even more.

Even when I socialize once a month I feel empty when I go home alone and nobody is there waiting.
>>
>>29081813
so generic and boring
>>
File: 1464043629076.png (66 KB, 500x599) Image search: [Google]
1464043629076.png
66 KB, 500x599
>>29081883
also this, damn they can say whatever they want about it and how it ruined lives and whatnot. Everytime I think back to this i smile, was just so fucking epic
>>
File: drugpepe.jpg (34 KB, 657x527) Image search: [Google]
drugpepe.jpg
34 KB, 657x527
>born into war, part of till i was nine
>moved to the first world to be extensively bullied and become a hhkv failure

I don't have any happy memories.
>>
>>29081961
Get the fuck off of 4chan and go running to improve your health
>>
>>29082023
I am pretty fit, I hit the gym a lot, dont know why tho because i sit at home most of the time but its fun
>>
>>29080455
the death of all who wronged me. a violent conservative uprising against the liberal hivemind .

a cabin in the woods were I can farm and seclude myself from the world.
>>
File: dark-portal-large.jpg (161 KB, 704x528) Image search: [Google]
dark-portal-large.jpg
161 KB, 704x528
>>29081979
I miss it so much.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjIid-hucnE
>>
>>29080455
I wasn't. The first time I wanted to kill myself I was 7. I didn't really understand what that meant but I knew I didn't want to live.
I'm actually happier now than I was as a child. Not by much. But a little.
Childhood sucked and I'm glad I grew up. And I'm glad I'm going to continue to grow up and put more distance between me and my childhood.
>>
>>29080455
motivation and more friends that will support me
>>
File: ekPPWu5.jpg (52 KB, 500x578) Image search: [Google]
ekPPWu5.jpg
52 KB, 500x578
>>29082061
it was ike the first time doing drugs, every time you start playing again you seek that feeling that you had the first time playing

but you never get it again. Tried other mmorpgs but nothing gave me a feel that was even close to it.
>>
Probably impossible. I think all of the bullying I went through as a teenager and the continued ridicule I experience as an adult either warped my brain or woke me up to reality. All I think about, every day, is how I can't do a single thing right. I fuck up every single thing I try to do. I can't hold a conversation without saying something stupid. I can't even get dressed without making myself look like an idiot. To make matters worse I am ugly (this has been confirmed to me many times in person.) I am simply too autistic to ever be competent at anything adult life requires. That's why I've never been on a date and I haven't had any friends in years and I am almost 30. Obviously that doesn't happen to normal people, it only happens to people who have abnormal/fucked-up brains. People with healthy functioning brains are able to handle social interactions and adult responsibilities without completely fucking up every single time.

When I was a kid I was happy because I was completely ignorant about how much of a fuck up I am.
>>
>>29082194
What was the feeling of playing WoW? I've never played it just curious.
>>
>>29081883
>>29081979
>>29082061
you guys missed out on nostalrius. it was a huge blizzlike private server that blizzard shut down this year because it was getting too popular.

i played on that server from launch till shutdown and i gotta say i had that same feeling i had when i was a kid. i felt at home. i was NEET the whole time, so i leveled a warrior to 60, joined a guild and tanked MC, ony, ZG and BWL. it was amazing. i finally became that T2 geared tank i always looked up to as a kid.

but now that blizz shut the server down we are probably never going to have a server like that again because people are scared that blizzard is going to shut it down again.
>>
>>29080455
NOTHING
I'm a bitter piece of shit because I got no love, and I live in the chad country
I feel like everyone just talks so they can brag about who they've fucked
>>
>>29080455
I wasn't. I wanted to kill myself.
I'm actually better now.
>>
>>29082413
I played on Nostalrius and it was great while it lasted
>>
>>29080455
Going back to 6 years old with all the knowledge and clarity I have right now
It would be fucked up growing up, sure, enduring school and shit
But I think I could make everything different
>>
>>29082447
i think i even had more fun on nostalrius than on actual retail. it was such a huge community with likeminded people. and ofcourse i dont have a shit computer now with 20fps.
>>
>>29082376
Adventure, a new world of possibilities and the general feeling of being a noob.
>>
>>29082494
Hodor

original comment of ice and fire
>>
I was depressed during my childhood, actually im quite happy now.
>>
>>29082689
not a native speaker btw if you're mocking my english or something
>>
>>29082376

hard to describe since online games are almost the norm now.

You entered this huge fucking world and that in 2004, imagine like the first time you played GTA: SA and thought "damn thats a huge freakin map"
this times 100.
everything big and new and epic, a very well thought out storyline and universe. Everything super challenging.
>>
>>29082726
no i was making a reference to a current GoT episode where someone gets some knowledge about his future
>>
>>29080455
ambitions and the means to realize them
>>
>>29082804
Why do males love WoW so much? I've never heard of a single girl playing it.
>>
>>29082919
girls play healers. we had 2 girls in our guild on nostalrius.
>>
>>29082970
Imagine how those girls smell. I bet everyone was drooling over them anyways.
>>
>>29083060
back in 2005 maybe. both of them played with their husband/boyfriend anyway. they didnt say much and we didnt say much to them.

it was funny when they had to pocket heal me tho because i was the maintank. i was literally cucking their bfs.
>>
>>29080455
make the paranoia go away
make the anxiety go away
make the sense of being evil go away
>>
Have someone I can really connect with again and have convos that go on for hours
>>
>>29083646
This
It rarely happens to me nowadays
>>
>>29080455
Pking for the first time in rs back when it was popular.
>>
Not being lonely, depressed and suicidal all the time. The few friends I have actually acknowledging my existence, and wanting to be with me. Being able to be with friends and not feeling lonely.
>>
>>29083909
i never understood pking.
literally all the fights are just drinking potions and eating lobsters and then the first one that runs out of food runs out and then you have to restock on food.

staking is where it's at. no waste of food, and no bitching out.
>>
This is going to sound stupid as fuck, but just get me into a never-ending rave where I can dance until I literally die. I'd be the happiest dead body.
>>
>>29080455
I don't think i'll ever be as happy again but perhaps being accepted exactly for who I am by at least one person will help a long way
>>
>>29080455
I would be genuinely happy if I wasn't so afraid of other people's judgement.
It's literally crippling me.
>>
>>29081323
Anon, I want to help you. I'm not a fan of sports but that shouldn't have happened.
We're gonna make it so that The Kings beat the Lakers. Next time.
>>
I certainly was happier, I would not say happy. I don't remember being happy, and there are no pictures of me happy. I just thought it would get better for some reason, now I know it can't so I am a little worse. But happy? No, I don't know happy.
>>
it's different as a child because, even if a lot of us were in the same position as a kid (few/no friends, basically all that matter as a kid), we didn't have enough life experience to be miserable and angry at the world.

It wasn't bad to do things with your parents like it is when you're older. It wasn't bad to be at home on fri/sat nights.
>>
I return to 4chan when I'm into deep troughs of depression. Either that or I come and immediately become depressed.
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.