[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any robots here use a vape? I swapped over to stop smoking and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (104 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104 KB, 800x533
Any robots here use a vape? I swapped over to stop smoking and it's been helping me a lot.

>inb4 mouth fedora

This thread is not for vape faggots who live the vape life, it's for robots to discuss an interesting pass time
>>
>>29078831
I vaped daily (high strength unflavored) for over a year before I got bored and quit. Haven't vaped for well over a year new. Never smoked, I only started vaping because I was worried it was going to be banned and I'd miss out. Nicotine isn't that great.
>>
>>29078831
Yea but desu vaping just makes me smoke a lot more. When I smoked cigarettes I'd smoke one every 15-30 minutes, now I take a hit every 30-60 seconds.

Still don't spend as much as I did on cigarettes though but I can tell this shit aint harm free
>>
>>29078907
It's better than cigs though. So long as you get good juice and you know what's in it
>>
>>29078919
It is

Also what the fuck I didn't type desu
>>
it's still just as bad since you're still inhaling nicotene and getting an addiction to it
my brother swapped out vape for cigarettes to "quit" but he still smokes both along with a hookah now

seems really stupid to me, you don't end up quitting, just hooked on the new one as well
>>
>>29078986
>inhaling nicotene and getting an addiction to it
Nicotine is barely addictive. Caffeine is more addictive. Only if you vape Whole Tobacco Alkaloids is addiction a serious problem.
>>
It's probably healthier than smoking, but you will increase your nicotine intake because it's easy to do it all the time.
I bought one after I quite smoking for a couple months.
>>
File: 1384807771585.jpg (356 KB, 1207x859) Image search: [Google]
1384807771585.jpg
356 KB, 1207x859
going cold turkey has been proven to be the most effective method of quitting according to recent studies.
>>
Yeah I've been vaping on and off since the start basically on the old riva 510 cart shit that would leak like mad and would burn the cart itself. Then I went over to cig-alikes, then I got the old top coil pens that were utterly useles and would give you dry hits all the time. Then bottom coil pens started to come out so I stuck to one of them for a good year even though it kept having wicking issues before I switched over to a mod. Tried sub ohm for a while, didn't really like it since I constantly craved cigs so I went back to an aspire nautilus tank with an eleaf 50w battery just to get that long battery life, been happy and cig free since at 12mg juice that doesn't blow massive clouds and make my place look like a drug den.
>>
File: image.jpg (76 KB, 570x587) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76 KB, 570x587
>>29078831
>interesting past time
You're literally no different.
\/APE /\AYSH D00D!
>>
>>29079030
>nicotene is barely addictive
huh, so is that why you need to use a different type of cigarette instead of actually dropping your unhealthy habit altogether?
is that why you need product after product to help you stop?

if it's not that addictive then just stop and don't swap out to a slightly less healthy version of it
>>
>>29078938
>what the fuck I didn't type desu
>comes to /r9k/ and the first thing he does is posts in a vape thread
get out now
>>
>>29079030
>Nicotine is barely addictive.
So why do they need to inhale it to stop using cigarettes?
>>
I'm seeing a girl that uses one of those little vape things. I don't really like it, i'd rather have a full sized hookah. Then again that's a lot more of a hassle to get going, so I only set it up for parties.

I guess it's not that bad, considering all you do is plug to charge and push a button to use at a moments notice. I wouldn't spend then $100 to own one myself though.
>>
>>29079030
>nicotine is barely addictive
sometimes people just say things that are so wrong you have to wonder where the fuck the justification for saying this lies inside their head
>>
>>29079087
>>29079101
I never smoked. Cigarettes contain nicotine + MAOIs. It's the combination of both that's addictive.
>>
>>29078938
Welcome to r9k f a m
>>
>>29078938
If you type "desu no!" in the name field, it should turn that off.
>>
File: 1451435343087.jpg (225 KB, 620x412) Image search: [Google]
1451435343087.jpg
225 KB, 620x412
>>29079135
>I never smoked
>I can say without a doubt that nicotine is not addictive
>>
>>29079182
I vaped huge quantities of 36mg/ml every day for over a year. Then I tapered the dose to 0mg over 2 weeks. It was seriously easier than quitting caffeine. Pure nicotine != tobacco.
>>
File: 1446297467495.png (248 KB, 500x495) Image search: [Google]
1446297467495.png
248 KB, 500x495
>>29079219
>I have never smoked
>nicotine is not addictive
>oh wait, haha, I actually did smoke once
>>
>>29079248
No smoke was involved. I used a dripper with thick coil and cotton wick, tuned for minimum temperature. Also I never used flavors.
>>
>>29079219
Can you explain the method you took of tapering? because I want to do the same thing at some point. I enjoy vaping and all, but with the rest of my prior addictions I want rid at some point.

Quit benzo's, weed, caffiene, alcohol, currently quitting sugar and the final boss for me is nicotine since I started at 12 years old.
>>
>>29079135
>It's the combination of both that's addictive.
that doesn't explain why you still need to take one of them to not go through withdrawl
>>
>>29079310
Measure each day's liquid into small bottles, diluted so the dose is multiplied by 0.8 each day.

>>29079355
Nicotine withdrawal is less annoying than caffeine withdrawal. It's not like it's alcohol or opiates.
>>
>>29079403
>Nicotine withdrawal is less annoying than caffeine withdrawal. It's not like it's alcohol or opiates.
... so why do you need to fucking still take it
>>
>>29079421
>what is reading comprehension
I tapered to 0mg then quit.
>>
>not smoking a pipe

Cheap as fuck and better than cigs.the price of cigs now means it's not fedora tier anymore and making a comeback
>>
I vaped for about a year. I liked doing it, it was fun to do while working on homework or just watching some netflix (blow vape to the side). It wasn't until my dad told me that the oils in the vape that you breath in actually condense in your lungs. I didnt really take it seriously until i noticed i couldn't inhale as deeply as i could before without feeling a restricting force in my chest. Ever since then my vape has just been sitting in my desk. Now that i look back on it, it all seems like a big waste of money. Sure i had fun doing it but now i just have all this vape equipment laying around (I got into building coils) and i have nothing to do with it. Ill probably just give it to my friend.
>>
BRO

IT'S

JUST

WATER

VAPOR
>>
Yes i mouth fedora. It's pleasant. I especially like tanks that can use kanthal clapton coils. Those seem to heat up faster and more evenly, almost zero spitback. The Aspire Cleito is a good inexpensive tank for that. I like it much better than Aspire's other tanks.

I got in to mixing my own juice about a year ago. The cost savings is tremendous. Very easy to do as well.
>>
I don't use it to stop smoking, I use it instead of smoking. I don't want to stop smoking, I enjoy it. For whatever reason, I enjoy inhaling and exhaling foreign particulates into my lungs.
I use a vape because it's a slightly healthier alternative to tobacco and I have no intentions of stopping.
I usually use it with a light nicotine content but it's not the nicotine that makes me enjoy it.
>>
File: IMG_7578.jpg (469 KB, 1000x719) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7578.jpg
469 KB, 1000x719
Reporting in faggots.
Beer and vapign best combo evur
>>
>>29081293
>gayming keyboard
>vape
>probably a leaguefag
>>
>>29081331
lol fucking sucks.
Having a good keyboard is not a crime when ur in front of your computer the most of the daay anyway
>>
I bought a cool fire 4 for my mother today to help her quit smoking, I set it up for her and tried it. I don't know maybe it isn't for me.
Maybe I'm not hipster enough, but it is just inhaling flavoured vaper that leaves you with a faint burn after taste, I mean what is the point of that? Maybe robots here can tell me if it has a nootropic effect or that it relaxes them or something? I bought 0mg nicotine liquid.

I burned my lips the first time I tried it, maybe I set it up wrong? Any tips? The vape is set up as 4volts and 25 watts 50 olms, e liquid filled to %50.
>>
File: anti-scamaz.png (254 KB, 738x554) Image search: [Google]
anti-scamaz.png
254 KB, 738x554
>>29081293
do you order juices online, if not then what would you like to see from an online shop? know a jew that gets all the premium juices for $10 and we will be setting up a small shop, selling them a little cheaper than the offline vape stores
>>
>>29078831
I'm really considering it. Started smoking a year ago, and I'm smoking half pack a day. Already feel like quitting that shit, but a less harmful alternative would be even better I guess.
>>
File: dick.jpg (268 KB, 1920x808) Image search: [Google]
dick.jpg
268 KB, 1920x808
>>29078831
>Interesting

No
>>
I considered it, but I figured I shouldnt. I smoke one or two packs of cigarette a year so getting a vape would probably just make me smoke more.
>>
So anons that have been vaping for a while: Do you feel like it's effecting your health in anyway? What detriments do you think are associated with vaping?

How's your cardio/breathing?
>>
>>29079052
>quitting has been proven to be the most effective method of quitting
Well gee, someone ought to tell the vapers that
>>
File: IMG_0232.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0232.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
V A P E naysh represent!
what are you vaping senpai?
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.