[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/mental illness/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8
File: 1418784587858.jpg (23 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1418784587858.jpg
23 KB, 640x480
Hey guys, we all know /r9k/ is chock full of loonies. Post your illness, your treatments, stories, symptoms, whatever you want. Just vent and talk
>>
>>29078335
>born with cleft palate
>talk a little fucked up
>completely normal otherwise

I used it to my advantage, kinda like how niggers and minorities play the race card all the time.

When I was in school I used it to avoid giving speeches, used it to get people who didn't know me to leave me alone cause I'd pretend to be retarded, now that I'm older I tell doctors it causes a lot of pain (actually does cause one of my surgeries my doctor did an 'experimental' procedure which fucked up a lot of things) and get painkiller for it.
>>
File: 1387694107863.jpg (333 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1387694107863.jpg
333 KB, 600x600
OCDfags, I need help. Is this enough for a diagnosis?

>Constant intrusive thoughts that cause me a great deal of stress (fuck your dog, kill yourself, beat grandma to death, check out your mom's ass, destroy your vulnerable friends, open the car door while driving and jump out etc)
>These happen almost constantly and have been happening since I was young
>Intrusive and persistent thoughts keep me up at night and make it hard to concentrate. They frighten me and feel dangerous
>Emotionally believe that if I think about my friends or family dying, I will kill them. I try not to think these thoughts, but I can't ever get them away because they barge in
>If I think about developing Schizophrenia i will cause myself to develop it
>A long history of being tortured by intrusive thoughts, doing things like fervent praying to prevent them from happening
>Loops of music playing in my head constantly
>Pick at my scalp to the point of blood, it hurts to comb my hair
>Constantly twitching/fighting impulses (sometimes I start blurting loudly I want to kill myself)
>If I have a bad memory associated with a place, I feel like I need to repeat my steps at that place to "reclaim it" or avoid all together (there are certain shops I feel I can no longer shop at)

I've been seeing a therapist for a year now, and he's sometimes described my anxiety as OCD behavior. I don't feel like I have the ritual aspect that is required. I'm mostly just tortured by Intrusive thoughts and anxiety, which I try to mitigate with obsessive skin picking and movement.

I'm on Lexapro and have an appointment with a psychiatrist.

Am I just weird/really anxious? Or does this sound like OCD?
>>
ADHD checking in
For a few minutes
>>
>>29078912
I had all these symptoms at one point and was diagnosed with psychosis.

I'm sorry to tell you, you're a nutter.
>>
>>29079228
But I'm not disconnecting from reality. I know how stupid these and irrational these behaviors are. I'm aware and very lucid. Yet emotionally it feels like Iike it
>>
Had a complete breakdown recently in front of my parents, let them know how depressed and shit I feel and that I'm literally friendless

My mom got really upset, that's made me feel even shittier now, she's suggested I take anti depressants
>>
>>29078912
That is textbook OCD. Please stick to your appointment with the psychiatrist. The intensity of your intrusive thoughts and your urges to act on your impulses can be reduced with therapy and proper medication. There is help out there, anon.

Having said that, I also suffer from OCD, and the exposure therapy that I'm doing right now is a fucking nightmare. I'm already so fucking anxious and conflicted without doing it, but the added stress is almost unbearable. I've been slacking the last two weeks in doing the therapy at home, and since I've missed my last couple of appointments I'm DREADING seeing my psychologist and talking about it. I just want all of this to be over, I want to be better, I know I need to put in the work but I don't know how I can keep it up when I feel this bad all the time. I don't want to hurt anyone...
>>
>>29078912
Schizophrenic to a T.
>>
>>29079339
Did you read any of that? That's a clear case of OCD if I ever saw one
>>
File: 1457721075968.gif (944 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1457721075968.gif
944 KB, 500x333
>>29078335

>Depression
>Social anxiety
>Mild schizophrenia

Taking Cipralex and risperidone

Cipralex is like a mental painkiller to me, and risperidone just fixes your head.
>>
>Diagnosed Deppression
>given Citalopram
>haven't got deppression its psychosis
>given respridone and appriprizole
>haven't got psychosis its BPD
>given quetiapine

Why are doctors so retarded?
>>
>>29079402
How can someone have mild Schizophrenia?
>>
>>29079496

My doctor said I show signs of schizophrenia, but not as strong as other schizophrenic patients.
>>
>>29079523
It's on a spectrum, right? Doesn't that count as Prodromal?
>>
>>29079540

Possibly, she haven't told me if it's Prodormal but it's definitely on the spectrum.
>>
>>29079588
That just baffles me. What are your symptoms?
>>
>Depression
>OCD
>GAD
>Social Anxiety
My parents think I have Asperger's Syndrome
>>
Kek, one of my psychiatrist thinks I have also mild autism (aspergers).
>>
>>29079624

Mostly voices and some hallucinations of shapes and stuff like that, social withdrawal, lack of eye contact with people etc.
>>
File: BEIGE UPRISING.jpg (76 KB, 1065x859) Image search: [Google]
BEIGE UPRISING.jpg
76 KB, 1065x859
>>29078335
OCD and some other disorder that causes a great deal of paranoia, but I am going to get a second opinion on what I was diagnosed with (Schizotypal) because the symptoms I am having seem to be more in-line with paranoid PD.

Not on any treatments yet, unfortunately, seeing a psychiatrist for an evaluation next week.

As for symptoms, the OCD first, since that is a sure thing
>intrusive thoughts about harm coming to family and friends if I don't warn them about it
>intrusive thoughts about incest (especially with my 25 F cousin, when they are almost constant to the point that I refuse to go around her now to avoid it).
>intrusive fear that I am a pedophile and don't know it
>intrusive thoughts that everyone else is a pedophile
>internally accuse every single person of infidelity to their spouse, for no real reason

Other symptoms:
>intense fear that there is some kind of monster in my house (I carry makeshift weapons around whenever home alone just in case it is hiding behind a corner; I have also figured out a way to bar my doors and set up early warning systems before I shower or go to bed)
>paranoid about the number 117 (e.g. I will be very highly alerted whenever it is 1:17).
>>
Suicidal depression, adhd, schizoid personality disorder, severe anhedonia, just really fucking isolated and withdrawn in general.

On lexapro, wellbutrin, and adderall.
>>
>>29079909
Dude that sounds like Schizophrenia.
>>
I have AVPD, depression, and PTSD. I'm extremely disgusted with myself, nervous eat, and have no idea how to stop being so anxious all the time.
>>
File: 1464597390559.jpg (105 KB, 615x462) Image search: [Google]
1464597390559.jpg
105 KB, 615x462
tame schizoaffective bipolar checking in
>>
>>29079969
I'm not sure it is a delusion or not though. While I do get occasional peripheral visual hallucinations, I usually am aware the fear is ridiculous, but still carry the makeshift weapons because it makes me feel comfortable, and my fear will still be very intense, but I don't hold the source of the fear to be real.
>>
>>29080127
Going to buy some fucking cough drops, so don't expect a reply for ten mins or so.
>>
>>29080127
bruh
I have almost the exact same symptoms as you and I was diagnosed with OCD. Having intrusive thoughts and doing something ritualistic to attempt to prevent them is a clear-cut case of OCD.
>>
>>29080188
Yeah, I know, I am diagnosed with OCD, but is something like the paranoia I experience really the same thing as the intrusive thoughts I usually have?
>>
>>29080523
The paranoia could be (I say could be because I am not a psychologist and can't say any of this with certainty just from hearing your symptoms in a post on 4chan) a result of your intrusive thoughts. For example, I get intrusive thoughts about killing people. When a situation presents itself where I have the opportunity to kill someone, they're significantly worse. This is such a constant in my life that I get paranoid that other people want to kill me, too. When I'm in an environment where someone could more readily kill me, I get paranoid that I'm going to be attacked or that I will attack someone else. As a result I carried a weapon on me for most of my life as a precautionary measure. I have never been diagnosed with schizophrenia despite seeing dozens of doctors. All of this paranoia is a symptom of OCD.
>>
Diagnosed with depression years ago, but I protest it's not a medical problem, it's not 'chemical imbalance' shit, anybody would be depressed with no job, no qt gf and no friends.

Doctor actually agrees with me, but he can't prescribe me a life so just gives me drugs to comply with his insurance shit.

They make me feel worse, stop taking them.

Doc and me realize I have social anxiety, different set of drugs.

They make me worse again, and now I fear my brain is rekt in ways it never used to be.

Can't stop thinking of suicide over tiny little things.

No job>suicide
Lose vidya game>suicide
No milk left>suicide

>Depression meds will be the next big medical scandal imo, they permanently reck your brain and genuinely kill people.
>>
>>29081212
This. Thanks man. Same boat as me and to be honest, I'm better without meds, but I'm gonna start seeing a doctor again because of my insane anger issues.
>>
Schizoid here

Do I count?
>>
>>29079153
me too lol

I hate myself because of my inability to do simple shit that will fuck me royally if I don't.

Just got an academic Suspension.
>>
>>29082047
If you think you can turn things around by next semester, appeal it on medical grounds. Did that last year, it was approved, on academic probation for 8 courses worth of credits but kicking ass and getting all A-tier grades so far.
>>
>>29083362
YEah, I've been typing that up right now lol
>>
>>29080010
>AvPD
I wonder why there are so few of us Avoidants in these threads compared to Bipolars, OCD:s, Shizos and others. I imagine most of us are afraid of posting due to criticism, but it's hard to know for sure.
>>
I feel for the Schizo's on here. Do you think you guys can live a normal life?
>>
>>29078335

>Diagnosed with aspergers back in the 90's
>Speech impediment
>Addicted to eating

I'll never be okay with myself.
>>
>>29084571
If I had to guess it's because many people don't realize they have AVPD. I'm not diagnosed, but it's very obvious. I even make sure to try and do things in the house when no one else is around to see me and either get frustrated or anxious when my family does see me.
>>
File: asdasdsa.png (60 KB, 515x425) Image search: [Google]
asdasdsa.png
60 KB, 515x425
>pectus excavatum
>chrons disease

also, pic related
>>
>>29079285
how old are you? not meanin to make fun of you, you just remind me of me when I was younger
>>
>>29084571
i am pretty avoidant in real life, but what is the problem with a chan, anon?

the internet is useful to people like you, please use it more, i've complained about all sorts of shit via email that i would never do face to face or over the phone

if somebody calls you dumb or thinks your idea is stupid does it hurt your feelings? Sad!
>>
>Autism
>OCD
>Depression
>Social Anxiety
>Speech Impediment
>Dermatillomania
>Morgellons
>Morsicatio buccarum/Chronic Cheek Biting

How fucked I'm I /r9k/
>>
>>29079339
psyche minor
you have no idea what schizophrenia is
>>
>>29084869
Sounds self-diagnosed senpai
>>
Bump for a decent thread
>>
SAD, GAD, (atypical) depression. Avoidant and lonely.
>>
>>29082047
>Tfw missed 7 exam
its over lads
>>
File: 1464183894118.jpg (16 KB, 600x549) Image search: [Google]
1464183894118.jpg
16 KB, 600x549
>Aspergers Syndrome
>Bipolar
>Intrusive OCD (have to do things over and over until i get the right thought / pattern in my head)
>mfw i'll never be able to fix my brain
>>
>>29084749
I'm 20. My life feels like it's over already. No friends, haven't spoken to anyone from school since I left, barely leave the house unless I have to. Also a kissless virgin and realising I'll be alone forever. I have no motivation or self esteem left.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.