[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>90s Everything was so happy, optimistic, Internet was going
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 300x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 300x450
>90s
Everything was so happy, optimistic, Internet was going to change everything. Economic prosperity and jobs for all

>now
Everything sucks, there are few high paying jobs. Everyone is pessimistic

What went so wrong?
>>
>>29073093
9/11 and recession
capitalism invading everything
or something like that
>>
late capitalism is what
>>
>>29073093
You were a kid in the 90's, you didn't pay attention to the wider world and all the shit that came with it.
It wasn't any better then, you're just more aware now because of your age.
>>
>>29073683
>>You were a kid in the 90's
I was 25 retard.
>>
>>29074062
You're too old to be here.
>>
>>29073683
No, the US was objectively better in the 90s
>>
>>29074087
And you're too old to live so fuck off.
>>
File: nope-00000.jpg (75 KB, 614x461) Image search: [Google]
nope-00000.jpg
75 KB, 614x461
The 90s were easily the worst point in my life though. If anything things have been getting better lately
>>
>>29073093
you have a selective memory
>>
9/11 came
>>
File: 1464891695659.jpg (44 KB, 569x506) Image search: [Google]
1464891695659.jpg
44 KB, 569x506
>>29074062
Are you 50 y.o khv ?
>>
>>29074062
What happens to robots when they break 40?
>>
I admit the '90s were optimistic compared to say, 10 years ago. But they were depressing as fuck compared to the '80s. All that shitty grunge and black gangsta culture.
>>
>>29073093

Which country are you talking about? Globally the situation is better. China is taking our jobs, meaning their living standards are going up.
Middle-East has been stabilized, as was intented in 1991 when we went to war with Irak.
The Yuropoorans aren't killing each others like they did in Yugoslavia in the 90's.
There are even less genocides than before in Africa.
>>
>>29074242
No, people like me (and you) could actually get a gf just fine in the 90s.

>>29074252
Suicide?
>>
>>29074318
> middle east is stabilized
Which is why there are mass migrations, armed conflicts and countries like Iraq and Syria which may as well only exist on maps
>>
>>29074062
You are far too old to be calling people retards on an Estonian arts and crafts community website
>>
File: CjwOc_SVEAEzF6A.jpg (81 KB, 600x692) Image search: [Google]
CjwOc_SVEAEzF6A.jpg
81 KB, 600x692
>>29074318
>Middle-East has been stabilized, as was intented in 1991 when we went to war with Irak.

Did you mean DEstabilised? What the hell are you on about, you mongoloid?
>>
>>29073093
>Dot-com bubble
>NAFTA hadn't taken full effect
>Soviet Union was gone, U.S. and rest of the West had no true enemies
>Economy still enjoyed some of the tail-end of 1950s prosperity
>Social media and smartphones didn't exist and hadn't permanently screwed up human society yet
>Women were somewhat more down-to-Earth and their behavior wasn't as enabled as much as it is today
>Internet was still a niche for hobbyists and wasn't an extension of real life
>Being apolitical/politically neutral was okay, SJWs and edgy "alt-right" idiots nearly nonexistent
>NSA surveillance either didn't exist or only occurred to a much lesser extent than now
>TV shows, film, music and video games and the subcultures that surrounded it all were not as common, accessible or disposable and thus, more valuable

The 90s weren't perfect but they had a lot more going for it than this shitty decade.
The 2020s are only going to be worse.
>>
>>29074354
Why, retard?
>>
>>29074396
>>NSA surveillance either didn't exist

Even Michael Jackson and other rappers were writing songs about NSA surveillance back then and the NSA scored a deal with Windows back in the late 90s to have a back door in the OS, people just didn't care even though all of the hints were there until Snowden
>>
>>29074589
So I've heard. That's why I said

>>or only occurred to a much lesser extent than now

Surveillance may have taken place, but governments couldn't spy on citizens the way they can now. The modern age is worse than anything Orwell and Huxley dreamed up.
>>
>>29074252
Self - Acceptance
>>
Hmmn...

The 90's were more hopeful because the cold war finally ended, we saw the end of nuclear war being on the horizon in the way that we feared for the last 45 years.

Also we were far more placated. Aaaaand didn't care about massive african or eastern european genocides.
>>
All the le epic 90s nostalgiafaggotry on /r9k lately is really starting to become annoying
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.