[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw 18 >too late to become good at anything All the real
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: dsfg.png (87 KB, 285x285) Image search: [Google]
dsfg.png
87 KB, 285x285
>tfw 18
>too late to become good at anything

All the real pros started as a kid, it's too late
>>
>>29072774
18 is young you retard
>>
Wow, you're 18! That's so old, you're practically dead by now.
>>
>>29072774
Kant, who is widely recognized as one of the most insightful philosophers, had a mediocre academic career with no real position until his 50s.
>"it is never too late to become reasonable and wise"
>>
>>29072955
>>29072966
I know it's young but not young enough to become pro

I might be able to become "good" but that's not good enough

It's like learning a language past childhood you'll never be as good as a kid who's been speaking it all his life
>>
>>29073085

when you hit 30 you are going to feel retarded looking back at 18 thinking you were to old to learn something
>>
it's too late to become a famous singer or hockey player but you don't have the genetics to do any of those anyway

you could still be the world's best plumber and have 50 other beta plumbers driving around in vans with your name on them, making you money while you just sit with your feet up and bark at them over the phone

you could go to university and be the greatest scientist discovering how to grow human hearts in a petri dish or engineer giant corn that feeds the world

you could be a famous sea captain, anon who spent his youth working on fishing trawlers becomes the famous arms smuggler Captain Black'Neck Beard supplying the much needed weapons to the european race war.

There is still lots you can be good at, stop being a faggot.
>>
Most musicians peak in their late 20s. 27-30 are the prime years of artistry.

Start today and you will have a decade of experience by that point.
>>
I was a NEET until two years ago and now I have an ok programmer job.

Started learning how to program last year

I'm 28
>>
>>29073167

lol no one here can do any of those. No one here can do anythiung requiring intelligence, persistence, and people skills.
>>
>>29073197
how did you get the job? did you have any experience before that?
>>
>>29073130
I guess you're right, there's also the possibility I'll live longer than other generations
>>
>>29073236
Went to college at 26 and started an internship at the company I work at, doing pc maintenance.
Then they needed a programmer and the owner of the company didn't want to pay for a good one. Then my boss started teaching me how to program and I kinda of learned it.
I'm lazy as fuck, so I'm not that good yet, but being pressured to deliver stuff working until a deadline is making me better at it.

It's not that hard. 2 months studying a couple hours a day and you can easily get an internship at programming. At least here in Brazil
>>
>>29073236
Also, zero experience at programming
>>
File: 1458928707022.jpg (58 KB, 592x592) Image search: [Google]
1458928707022.jpg
58 KB, 592x592
>>29073337
>>29073349
ah i see. you already had connections.
>>
>>29073364
What
No
Did you read it?
>>
>>29073167
We should all become pirates and raid normie ships
>>
File: 1459700668688.jpg (144 KB, 969x928) Image search: [Google]
1459700668688.jpg
144 KB, 969x928
OP you're without a doubt a retard. Sure you cant become a Pro NBA player but lets face it you're also not 6 and a half feet tall. Also what kind of mentality are you having that you "have to be the best" as in pro. i see this mentality all over this board and its almost as if you guys cant enjoy doing something unless you're better than everyone else. Thats not a hobby, thats you being a competitive shithead who will probably throw in the towel 2 days into trying something new. it really is no wonder why you're miserable and jaded.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.