[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Self Improvement
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: success-self-improvement.jpg (13 KB, 450x337) Image search: [Google]
success-self-improvement.jpg
13 KB, 450x337
Other than getting /fit/ what's a good example of self improvement?
Are any of you trying it? if so share your stories
>>
Reading and learning
>>
when people tell you to "improve" yourself the main question you need to ask is who it's for
>>
within the first ten minutes of waking up, dont check your phone or 4chan, clear your mind and think only about positive things and your goals, if you do consume media within the first ten minutes, make sure it is uplifting music or something that will get you mentally focused for the day
>>
>>29072012
never improve yourself just because somebody told you to, only do it if thats the choice you make for yourself
>>
>>29072012
I think it should be mostly for yourself, the main purpose of life is to evolve into a perfect human being, or at least get somewhere near that.
>>
>>29072000
Good example of self improvement depends on how you view it. I mean lets say you read 15 minutes today and it is the 1st time you have read a book or something empowering for the first time this year. That is already 100% an improvement from yesterday and since the beginning of the year.

I am trying to improve myself as well by getting mentored and having leadership standards. Aside from that I listen to positive audios at least 1 hour a day and read at least 15 minutes a day even i dont want to but reading something that teaches me. Ex books : How to win friends and influence people, Compound Effect, John livingston Seagull, The Present, The 5 love languages, Visioneering. Just a few I have on my list or have read myself.
>>
>>29072039
>>29072150
Thanks for the advice!
I've read a bit of the livingston one, it reminds me of how difficult it is for society to accept new ideas.
>>
File: 1464437438083.png (270 KB, 657x657) Image search: [Google]
1464437438083.png
270 KB, 657x657
>>29072061

If someone wants to have friends, play sport or vidya with a team or (hard mode) to get married, our goals necessarily include meeting someone's else standard.

There's no escape to social pressure.

>>29072000
>if so share your stories

I found a new job but the guy doing the interview implied subtly that my resume made him wanting me for the post but my long hair and unkept neckbeard wouldn't fly well with his boss.
I shaved my beard and cut my hairs and now I have a new job and look like all good drones.
>>
File: WayneBrady.jpg (24 KB, 316x400) Image search: [Google]
WayneBrady.jpg
24 KB, 316x400
>>29072000
Try drunk talk some ignant shit to sum bitches and drop some funnys. They laff = self confidence and they dont = fuck em anyways they a bunch of hussies.
>>
>>29072226
I agree it the livingston book does specify that but it also teaches one that the willingness of how far you can push yourself. You can lead or follow or even duplicate. By duplication I say follow the leaders or people in your life that you know that have the life you want, and dont speak or ask advice from those that do not or should not i would say.

Also the grass is not always greener on the other side but it does allow you to get a perspective on how smart people or leaders view things with positivity and even work harder than others. For example: Everyone has the same 7 days a week but lazy people even when broke wont work weekends they choose to unplug those 2 days are now have no meaning. Another person may work 7 days straight continue to build and pursue their future and not unplug but be persistent and strive for what they want.

Also if i may ask you what do you want in life or what does success look like to you? And what kind of self improvement are you looking for ?
>>
Don't work out with the intention of using it as a means to "get girls". It's the shitiests reason to exercise and will lead to burn out.

Do frequent but short work outs, bike as much as you can if you live in an area that supports it. It should never be a unfun chore to work out to be in shape.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.