[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't fucking get it. The Internet tell me to get out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7
File: 1464412362003.png (278 KB, 483x558) Image search: [Google]
1464412362003.png
278 KB, 483x558
I don't fucking get it. The Internet tell me to get out of my comfort zone and ask people. That people are nice and welcoming if you open yourself. But when I do they tell me to fuck off.

Case point, college group assignments. Professor tells us to form our own groups. I aks everyone, and they don't answer, tell me they are full or whatever. But they are not full and they have seen my question.

What am I doing wrong here? Why isn't it like the normies say it is?
>>
>>29071059
>they have seen my question
So you're not asking them in person, right? You're messaging them on normiebook, or something similar.
>>
>>29071077

Yes, does it matter?
>>
>>29071082
Yes, as it gives negative impression about you.
>>
>>29071082

Yea you gotta ask in person. Usually even if you're like "c-c-can i b-be in y-your group please?" they'll say yes, or at least be nice if they say no, but you'll definitely find somebody

take the small steps anon, small steps.
>>
File: 1451450026742.png (35 KB, 645x552) Image search: [Google]
1451450026742.png
35 KB, 645x552
>college group assignment
>everyone has formed groups
>I get rejected from 2
>say fuck it I'll do everything myself
>doing 3 people's work by myself, got an A
>fast forward to the finals day
>turn in finals
>teacher sees my name and tells me to wait outside a bit
>she comes talk to me about my project
>"anon this was a group project, you needed a group to do this, why'd you do it by yourself?"
>stammer that i couldn't find a group
>she berates me that I should've told her something
>she knocks my project grade from an A to a C because I didn't follow her rules
>too beta to argue, just hang my head in shame and say OK and end up with B in class
>>
>>29071100

I did ask people IRL twice, and both said sure... and then went on and asked others and formed their own group.
>>
>>29071150
>she knocks my project grade from an A to a C because I didn't follow her rules
American university everyone.
>>
>>29071150
That is absolutely fucked up and I am angry for you. You should have kicked up a storm about that, taken it to some university support representative or whatever you have. Push them to increase your grade further for how much effort you put in.

If one man can do the work of 3 people, to a better standard than most groups of 3, then he doesn't need to work in teams.
>>
>>29071150
should have been less autistic
>>
>>29071195
I was pretty angry, my rationale was the same as yours. It felt bad to have all my hard work taken away just because she noticed after the fact that I was working alone.

But I was mega beta, and part of me even argued for her (should've just been less aspie and actually asked everyone, should've told her, should've followed rules). Another part of me feels if it was a male professor he wouldn't have given two shits.
>>
>>29071236

>if it was a male professor

Was she relativley young and attractive?

I've noticed that young and attractive female professors hate robots. They get scared and hold their purses when we ask them stuff. And they are just nervous. They are a bit like Stacey but with a PhD.
>>
File: 1463372572380.png (39 KB, 914x1091) Image search: [Google]
1463372572380.png
39 KB, 914x1091
>he fell for the "bee yourself" meme
The only way to be accepted is to do the exact opposite. You need to level with people on their own turf. Talk about what they talk about, use their lingo, act the way they act. This isn't difficult, it just takes some basic observation skills and a casual enough attitude towards the situation.

Another thing is to turn your quirks on their head as a defense mechanism when you can't handle what's going on or are too anxious. Instead of lashing out and biting the stacy talking near you, act silly, mock her without her realizing it. Do what Sam Hyde does when he's fucking with people in public. Say one thing and mean something else. Social situations for robots is about suppressing yourself so much that people BELIEVE that you're one of them and are just a weird guy. When I was in school people wondered why I didn't "hang out" after class. I couldn't tell them that my obligation of being in their presence has passed.

Few weeks ago my aunt came to visit and I bullshitted with her for like 5 hours. It's not hard when you figure it out.
>>
File: 1451689827692.png (54 KB, 657x788) Image search: [Google]
1451689827692.png
54 KB, 657x788
>>29071349
Looked mid 30s, relatively young for phd right?

I hope her son becomes a robot someday and she remembers back to this incident. She must've thought I was just being an insubordinate POS. Surely no one can be that pathetic and scared of interacting with people right?
>>
>>29071059
>wombat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elqhEWWRjDM
those things are fucking scary looking, would not want to be around irl
>>
>>29071479

Those PhD women are usually young (failed) professionals. Not everyone, I met one who was very robot friendly. But generally speaking, the only ones with a PhD who succeeded in the rat race are older ones.

They are like teenage girls. They never grew up. They went from High School to college to PhD. Without changing.

You are an eeew creep! to her.
>>
File: The fuck you say to me bitch.jpg (76 KB, 890x953) Image search: [Google]
The fuck you say to me bitch.jpg
76 KB, 890x953
>>29071166
Here is the thing, you aren't asserting yourself. When people blow you off like that you have to be a massive dick and get your own way. Everyone has to be snow and you are the plow.

Yes it sucks that it has to be this way. You don't want to have to step on a bunch of peoples toes but they won't let you do anything unless you are willing to trample on them.

I tried to be patient with being trained with certain equipment but they never seemed to have the intention to do so and gave me many excuses like "You just need to operate what you are operating a bit longer" or "it is busy right now we can't do it now". I was understanding, but then they somehow had others that just got certified right on that equipment well before me while I was there for a year and a half. I was furious because that was greatly insulting me on many levels on my competence on my work, how safe I was, and so on. So I straight up confronted her, then I went over her head to put pressure on her through her superior to get a concrete time. I was willing to even go further, I didn't care after that.

If you roll over and don't assert yourself they will always do that to you.

Now I asked her for floss and she goes to her car and gets it for me while she is still my superior.

So, so what if you have to be the asshole, you are trying to be reasonable and now you don't have a choice but to be a dick to get what you want, and it isn't like you are asking for the world, but to actually do the class project which is mandatory.
>>
>>29071761

How can I dick myself in to their groups? How to demand it? Should I just say, I am with you? Instead of asking?
>>
>>29071561
Most people stay the same. People don't change unless forced to by trauma or significant change of circumstances.
>>
>>29071495
kawaiiii
original
>>
>>29071825
Depends on the timing, usually after the first day it is too late, but you just have to sit down and force yourself into it. Don't go for the bigger groups of course. If you have to cock slap them with the professor intervening then do so. What are they going to do, hate you for it? What are they doing to you anyway? You are out of a group, there is a smaller group that could do with one more, there are no excuses on their part.

So yes, not only do you have to use what little power you have, but use another authorities as well if you need to. Or if you are naturally intimidating which I am guessing you aren't then you don't even need help from others.
>>
the ride never ends
this sentence is not original in its essence
>>
>>29072164
Nothing ends, ever.
>>
>>29072296
what are you on about orgi
>>
>>29071423
This guy gets it. Keep on lying, truth is poisonous to normies.
>>
>>29071150
>>say fuck it I'll do everything myself

Why didn't you ask her, though?

I had the same issue in first year at Uni for an assignement in Economy. Everybody thought I was a failure because of my bad grades so I didn't find anyone wanting me in their team.

So I asked to the only dude who didn't have a group because he was going to drop-out so he didn't ask to anyone.

> Dude, I know I'll leave at the end of the year, I'm not doing that thing.
> I know, I just need your name on the paper, I'll do it myself.

And that's what I did.
>>
Cause so ial awkwaedness cant be solved over night nevertheless.
It doesnt solve itself either though.

Youre probably still awkward and thus get awkward responses. You have to continue though and thats the way you learn. Sometimes its ok to be more open. Sometimes you have crossed the line. Sometimed its not your fault, but others. Fail and fail better next time
>>
I'm 21 /fit/ and I already gave up. I still haven't even gotten a hug from a girl, or even had a conversation with one online or off. Even my contacts on my phone is just family members.

I tried online dating, but I either get no matches or they stop talking after 2 responses. I tried approaching girls but they always give me that "go away" look (which really hurts everytime).
I think I'm just /ugly/ or maybe too autistic? Maybe both. Regardless, I'm done. Hopefully some wizard out there is looking for an apprentice.
>>
>>29071150

>Pay hundreds of dollars for one class
>Most Colleges bureaucratic as fuck
>Not following the class rules by the letter

Its your fault, really.
>>
>>29071150
You should count your self lucky. She could just have flunked you if she wanted.
>>
File: deer-foxhounds-460a_788719c.jpg (30 KB, 460x288) Image search: [Google]
deer-foxhounds-460a_788719c.jpg
30 KB, 460x288
>>29071423

I've learned to do the same but I've hit some Plateau. I can pass for a Normie in everyday interactions but that's it. If things go more serious, my Power level is revealed. That's why I don't have a gf, I guess.
>>
>>29071059
Should've named that wombat Elliot, to be honest.
>>
>>29071059
the real game is social status. you can only hang out with people of equal social status
>>
>>29072894
Oh yeah, this isn't a solution. You cannot live a normie life wearing a skin suit. I learned this the hard way when I fucked up and got a gf once. That was just a mess, for me and for her.

There's no getting off this train, anon. Autism in not curable.
>>
>why????

OP you are evidently not being yourself enough.

Just be yourself and relax.
>>
>>29072710
Are you showing them the dick? If not, you should consider doing this as soon as possible after first contact.
>>
>>29072622
Doesnt work like that. If you fail, its held over your head. You want to try again? People just think back to your last fuckup and wont even give you the time of day anymore.
>>
>>29073215
Can confirm. Normies give normie advice because that's all they know. It's tricky to do, but the key is to find that sweet spot that works for you--not to try and emulate normies entirely.

t. someone who also got a gf and made us both miserable
>>
File: laffan a@ u.gif (564 KB, 800x430) Image search: [Google]
laffan a@ u.gif
564 KB, 800x430
>wah wah "normie advice"
here's an idea: git gud

those VILE NORMIES managed to figure it out. if youre so smart why cant you make some friends
>>
>>29071150
>>29071166
>>29071177

What are you autists on about.

Uni is all about being able to follow the criteria. If you fail to follow the criteria you don't get fucking marked.

30-50% of a group assessments are marked on YOUR ABILITY TO COLLABORATE WITH OTHER PEOPLE.

So he lost all the marks for which the teacher had to grade for his collaborative skills...which he displayed zero. He is lucky he even got a pass.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.