[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 10
File: KTa9tHpY_400x400.jpg (43 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
KTa9tHpY_400x400.jpg
43 KB, 400x400
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. - Matthew 11:28

Reminder to you brothers that Jesus loves you so much that he died for your sins. Are you feeling sad? Depressed? Lost? Jesus is the way. Pray and seek him him with all your heart and you will find him. He will come into your life and make you a new person.

It's not too late.
>>
I saw this thread right when i played with my jesus chain.

Thank you Jebus
>>
I'm not going to ask forgiveness from the dickhead who condemned me to sin in the first place.
>>
File: panagia.jpg (382 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
panagia.jpg
382 KB, 1600x1200
Amen my brother originalis
>>
>>29070269
Friend, Jesus did not condemn you to sin, you have free will, you choose to sin.

Sin separates us from God. Jesus is the bridge to God towards salvation.

The only long-lasting eternal peace is through being right with God.
>>
>>29070287
>Jesus did not condemn you to sin, you have free will

'I'm gonna threaten you with punishment if you don't comply!'
'Except oops, I forgot to imply that you were guilty for you to take me seriously!'

Religious people have the most bullying personality of all.
>>
>>29070310
(It's not that it's limited to Christians, of course -- for instance, the ego trip of choice of Buddhists is 'you are not enlightened until you calm your mind!'. The common factor is that they arbitrarily impose their standards of moral excellence.).
>>
>>29070287
Am I not born into sin? Who created me with the capacity to sin? Who created sin?
>>
>>29070203
>Pray and seek him

I misread this as 'play hide and seek with him'.
>>
I needed to see this thread. Thank-you kind op, and have a good night.
>>
File: 0HehnJB.jpg (41 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
0HehnJB.jpg
41 KB, 480x270
>>29070203
Get bent.
>Pic related
>>
>>29070310
Hell is simply separation from God. It's a place where God is not present. It's the lack of the presence of God that makes the place so daunting and which is why Jesus used imagery of fire and brimstone to warn people from going there.

>>29070333
Sin is a choice. We choose to sin, friend.
>>
>>29070379
>Hell is simply separation from God. It's a place where God is not present.

Ah then I'm going there because I don't very like intimacy thank you and definitely not with a man.
>>
>>29070343
No problem brother. Have a good night! God bless :)
>>
>>29070379
Way to avoid the question. Who was it that created sin in the first place?
>>
>>29070401
*something something about TRUE personal self-development being only able to occur when free will to tell good and evil exists, which conveniently also makes you subject to threats of eternal punishment*
>>
>>29070401
Sin was a consequence of the creation of free will, which is in itself our ability to turn away from holiness. In that regard, it was us as imperfect creatures who created the act of sin.
>>
>>29070401
Sin entered the world through the Fall. Man disobeyed God and this is when sin entered the world.

God gave us the capacity to sin as he gave us free will and we disobeyed.
>>
>>29070420
>>29070422
Why did God have to create free will?
>>
>>29070431
He didn't have to do anything, he simply chose to.
>>
So if I'm understanding this right:
>God creates humans
>gives them free will
>they do things he doesn't like
>he labels these things sin and punishes you for them
>"I'm not forcing you guys or anything, but if you don't obey me you'll suffer for all eternity. Still, it's totally your choice to worship me or not. LOL."
>>
>>29070446
But the things he wants you to do are good because he says so.
>>
>>29070379
>Hell is simply separation from God.

That's not an easy conclusion to draw from the bible.

Friends, I know it's easy to laught and mock us, but I urge you, trust in Jesus to save you, and He will. God doesn't want any works from you; He did all the work, and you couldn't do anything to save yourself anyway. Trust in what Jesus did on the cross to save you, and that alone, and he will not only save you, but give you a new heart.

Please, please trust in Him, or you just may come to remember this moment over and over again while in Hell... saying to yourself, "Why didn't I listen? It was so simple!"
>>
>>29070455
>Please, please trust in Him

Translation: 'I want you to, I want you to, comply with what I say and don't point out the fact that I'm disrespecting the very name of God whom I supposedly love by using it as a vehicle for my passive-aggressive personality'.
>>
>>29070446
>>29070453
It is foolish to try and anthropomorphize God, because the Father is simply not human. It is impossible to understand the perspective of the one who created everything seen and unseen, and to try and reason from our skewed and inherently limited perspectives will obviously lead us to verify our own conclusions, being fallen men.

And, what He says is good because He created everything; therefore, since He knows how everything is laid out and the consequences of actions before they happen, he is the progenitor of infinite wisdom. It is foolish to assume that the creator of everything wouldn't know what is best for you.
>>
>>29070498
>>29070455
In other words, if you were not a coward, you would have simply said 'I want...' rather than 'God wants...'. You are literally guilty of sacrilege by pretenting that God just so happens that which you egoistically want yourself.
>>
>>29070510
>pretenting that God just so happens that which you egoistically want yourself
*just so happens to want that which...
>>
>>29070431
Because without free will we'd be robots. He made us in his image which entails having free will like God does and the ability to do good and to do evil.
>>
>>29070420
>>29070422
So God created sin, then, either inadvertently or not. So why is it fair to punish someone for what comes naturally to them? Especially when you explictly design this nature.
I also don't see how free will solves the problem of evil. I don't understand why we just couldn't have been born without the capacity to sin and still remain free.
>>
>>29070500
>skewed and inherently limited perspectives

What a bullshit appeal to ignorance. 'You can't know everything, therefore you can't criticize thing x'. You can literally silence everything this way. 'I think that...' 'What? Stop talking! Know you not that your perspective is inherently flawed and your thinking inherently broken?!'
>>
>>29070500
Well if he has infinite wisdom, could he spare some to convince me this isn't a load of crap?
>>
>>29070498
>>29070510

This is nothing to do with me, especially now, my job is done. It's between you and God. I only ask you to listen and consider these things, because a lack of doing so now could have serious consequences.

But if you don't care, do whatever you want. I'm a poster on /r9k/ for goodness sake, I can't make you do anything.
>>
>>29070561
No because this would be too easy and he wants you to have a challenge.
>>
File: icxc.jpg (1 MB, 1553x2331) Image search: [Google]
icxc.jpg
1 MB, 1553x2331
>>29070545
That's a pretty poor reduction of my argument, mate. I'm saying you simply don't have the perspective that a limitless and almighty being would have, and you're trying to rationalize his behaviour from your perspective as a limited, finite being living among his seen creation.
>>
>>29070583
>a limitless and almighty being

This is called the universe.

It is also non-sentient and literally as dumb as a big bag full of air.
>>
>>29070541
>God created sin
Nope. I'm not sure how you are drawing that conclusion from my post.

>So why is it fair to punish someone for what comes naturally to them? Especially when you explictly design this nature.
We seperate ourselves from God, the punishment is the seperation. Going to Hell is basically saying to God 'Lord, I don't to be with you'

>I also don't see how free will solves the problem of evil. I don't understand why we just couldn't have been born without the capacity to sin and still remain free.
How would you be free if you didn't have the capacity to do sin? Seems to be you wouldn't be free. Freedom entails the ability to make choices and one of those choices is the choice to sin.
>>
File: gay.jpg (18 KB, 400x334) Image search: [Google]
gay.jpg
18 KB, 400x334
>>29070203
>Jesus loves you
>seek him him with all your heart
>>
>>29070611
But it is the cool kind of love, not the gay kind of love.
>>
>>29070602
The universe had a beginning and has an end. It has limits it therefore isn't limitless and it certainly isn't almighty by any means.

Dumb -- and yet it takes the world's smartest people to understand the mysteries of it
>>
>>29070602

If I said the faces on Mount Rushmore carved themselves, you'd call me an idiot.

But yet, you beleive the "big bag of air" created something millions of times more intricate: humans.

Because nothing happened and nothing exploded into something, right?
>>
>>29070572
But there is no challenge. This problem is so designed that I cannot conduct any test or undertake any task (except dying) to learn the answer. There's nothing for me to exert any effort on.
>>
>>29070618
>love a stranger with all your heart
>not gay
>>
>>29070611
So your dad loving you is gay too?

It's really not that kind of love man.
>>
>>29070623
If "God" can exist without a creator then so can the universe.
>>
File: icon03.jpg (97 KB, 588x800) Image search: [Google]
icon03.jpg
97 KB, 588x800
>>29070602
Again, you look at the seen and think that this is all there is and ever could be. How could you be so naive as to assume that there could never be anything beyond what we can measure, things that have only been experienced by man a handful of times and which cannot be properly tested, originating from the divine?

>inb4 unicorns and leprechauns and etc etc argument
>>
>>29070647
Likewise, how can you be so arrogant to claim to know what you cannot prove?
>>
Is this the shilling? Churches have caught up and now you have chirstiancuck defence force.
>>
>>29070636

God is the uncreated being that logically exists. Either an eternal "thing" exists, or nothing exists. Scientists say nothing existed, but turned into something; complete nonsense.

Besides, doesn't change the fact that somehow a dumb universe created humans.
>>
>>29070620
>Dumb -- and yet it takes the world's smartest people to understand the mysteries of it

Obviously. Would you say that a rock is intelligent just because it takes intelligence for scientists to study its chemical composition, crystalline structures or whatever, age and place of origin, ...? Intelligence of the student != intelligence of the subject.

>>29070623
>If I said the faces on Mount Rushmore carved themselves, you'd call me an idiot.

No I wouldn't, because in a way they did. The biological processes happening on planet Earth resulted in both exposure of the Mt Rushmore face and the critters that evolved on it to carve that very face. They both come from the same chemical substrate of the Earth's core that formed during the formation of the Solar Systme.

>>29070634
>So your dad loving you is gay too?

Does this mean that I actually share God's DNA? Cool.
>>
>>29070659
No, it's a classic troll thread. The only question is if OP has only laid bait, or if he samefagged to kick off the debate.
>>
>>29070203
Yeah, that's all great, but can I get some money so I don't have to starve to death and I can live like a normal person?
>>
I want to have sex with little girls.
>>
>>29070609
>Nope
Yes he did. If he created free will he also inadvertently creates evil. Just as creating light inadvertently creates darkness.

>We seperate ourselves from God
And who gives us the capacity to do so? Is he in no way at fault for this?

>How would you be free if you didn't have the capacity to sin?
Easily. Sin being necessary to free will is exactly like flight, telekinesis or telepathy being necessary for free will. It isn't, at all. Limitations to character don't imply a lack of agency.
>>
File: icon-of-st-mark.gif (95 KB, 300x410) Image search: [Google]
icon-of-st-mark.gif
95 KB, 300x410
>>29070655
I am not claiming to know, I am claiming to have faith. I think Christ made some very radical claims, but he backed them up.

Further, you cannot "prove" something in a scientific sense if it isn't repeatable by us. The philosophical assertion that science relies on is that the universe is roughly the same from one instant to the next, which is simply an assumption that holds a majority of the time. What if, for a moment, it did not? What if, for a moment, the Lord rained down manna from heaven on the Israelites while they hungered in the desert?

I cannot prove these things, I can only have faith. I am simply asking that you consider that these things not be as farfetched as people make them out to be.
>>
>>29070691
>Limitations to character don't imply a lack of agency.

Just dropping in to say it's a pleasure to read a concise, meaningful sentence. Carry on.
>>
>>29070696
>What if, for a moment, it did not? What if, for a moment, the Lord rained down manna from heaven on the Israelites while they hungered in the desert?

What if, for a moment 'what if?' questions were not considered a valid substitute for evidence?
>>
>>29070659
I'm not apart of any Church. Churchianity is a dead religion. The Churches -- a lot of them are simply corrupt.

>>29070677
I'm a genuine follower of Christ.
>>
>>29070203
>be tall greek
>move to south U.S. in high school
>go to church with friend to see different denomination
>supposedly virgin qties throw themselves at me
>only anal anon
>analise 14-15 americhicks
>parents and beta orbiters don't know better
All you Christians are fraud
>>
>>29070669
I never said the universe is intelligent though. Even the simplest thing -- a rock is incredibly complex once you look deeper.

>Does this mean that I actually share God's DNA? Cool.
What I meant was that not all loving relationships are sexual.
>>
File: 5488336_orig.jpg (200 KB, 612x800) Image search: [Google]
5488336_orig.jpg
200 KB, 612x800
>>29070733
Did you completely ignore everything I said up to that point? Or anything said afterwords? I cannot prove anything to you, and the evidence I have is that which is recounted by the prophets and saints of the Bible.

Even if I were to give you an outside source that confirmed, for example, the manna from heaven account in the old testament, you would just dismiss it as anecdotal or what have you. Nothing I could provide you would make you content, so why bother?
>>
>>29070754
What are you trying to say? That the majority of Christians don't actually follow Christ? You didn't need to make up a fake story for us to know that, friend. It's true. The vast majority of Christians are Christians by name only. The genuine believers are very few in number.
>>
>>29070696
I think any rational person would admit the possibility. However, without any way of verifying the claims there is no reason to believe them over any other tale.

Science at least has the advantage that its assumptions are producing testable results, and it will freely admit they are assumptions and axioms. They are even humble enough to continue calling things now considered common sense like evolution and gravity "theories" in recognition of that.

Be honest, "faith" is just a weasel word. It allows you to make the same propositions as anyone else but excuses you from backing them up.
>>
>>29070757
Why are you taking the credit away from rocks and trees and critters for their having come up to be so complex, rather than attributing all of it to God? Why don't you want to acknowledge the millions of years during which they painstakingly evolved? It took a lot of suffering and death, I can tell you.
>>
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 540x540
I know that this is a thinly veiled Religion bait thread, but thanks OP.
>>
What about people that are born with an addiction that god labels as a sin? Even if they don't act out, thinking of committing a certain sin is the same as doing it in the eyes of god, yet they're born unable to control their thoughts, and often actions. They're condemned to hell before they're even born...
>>
>>29070826
This is not true, there are arbitrary slices of human population that binarily 'are' and 'aren't' responsible for their actions. Arbitrarily 'serious' mental illness: not responsible. 'Lesser' mental conditions: responsible. IQ < 75: not responsible. IQ >= 75: responsible. Age < 15: not responsible. Age >= 15: responsible.
>>
>>29070826
God would know their circumstances -- in that case they would not be condemned.
>>
>>29070706
Thank you, Anon. You don't know how happy this makes me.
>>
File: st-paul-st-john-mathew.png (2 MB, 817x1023) Image search: [Google]
st-paul-st-john-mathew.png
2 MB, 817x1023
>>29070791
I thought similarly for quite a while, but I've eventually settled on the idea that faith and science are not contenders for one ultimate truth, but rather that they answer two ultimately different questions.

A scientific inquiry can be humble because the results are repeatable and ultimately you're trying to create a model that predicts and handles the consequences of nature as we have come to understand them.

A inquiry of faith is a statement that cannot be tested in such a way, but rather must be lived in order to determine its validity. I've personally found the wisdom of the apostles and many of the old testament prophets to stand the test of time even to this day, and that is what drew me in and keeps me praying.

Ultimately, it is a decision that cannot be proven to another, but is something that you must simply learn about and experience to draw conclusions from. It's your journey, I'm just offering an account from my personal life in case you may find it applicable or interesting.
>>
>>29070846
I didn't say they aren't responsible. Having control over something and being responsible for something are two different things. Like lust is more or less a primal instinct. If you're walking down the street and you see a girl and think 'I would fornicate with her before marriage' and then someone's steering wheel locks up and they run you over and kill you, you're condemned to being tortured for eternity, for eyeballing a girl's ass.
>>
>>29070203
I honestly don't know where I stand on the whole God thing.

I was raised Catholic, to the extent that I actually knew some serious Latin and knew the Vatican I rites. All that seemed to give me was a fear of the devil and hell.

Then, around the time I was in middle school, I got way into Eastern spirituality. Meditation, opening my chakras, martial arts as meditative practice, breathing exercises, lucid dreaming, mindfulness, the whole nine yards. That felt more real to me than Catholicism did, but I was able to make it compatible with my belief in God even while going to Catholic school, I felt that, if I could actually feel something that seemed real from it and it didn't feel evil, then God must have been fine with it as an avenue to Him, and even if God wasn't exactly like the Catholic church was telling me He was, I could feel Him and my own personal relationship with Him came before any strict dogma. That said, I still always felt a little guilt that I wasn't praying all those rosaries that I had previously promised to pray, and on some level, I had the contradictory feeling that God was disapproving of my change.

I became a hardcore atheist in high school. Militant, reddit-tier atheism. To this day, I'm really not sure that there's anything beyond death or that the human soul exists as anything more than the sum of who we are as phenomena in the world.

Death's coming, so I guess I'll either enter oblivion or find out. It's funny. Aside from the first three commandments, I actually follow the remaining seven more strictly than most of my believing kin, and it doesn't come from a place of faith.

Whatever, I say. I've devoted my life to life itself, and to meaning and beauty and the unconditional love of all living things, and I've done it without thinking that any reward awaits me. If what people claim about God is true, then I don't fear the (doubtful) idea of meeting Him when I die. My life speaks for itself, and I wouldn't damn me for it.
>>
Okay brothers (and sisters) I have to go now. I will be back another time.

I hope you all have a blessed week. May Jesus bless you and may you find peace in him. If you are an atheist, keep searching. I know it's a struggle (I have been there) but just know that this is much more than an intellectual struggle there are billions of people who believe in God and there many who profess to believe in the doctrines of Christianity but a lot of them are spiritually dead. Don't think that this is merely an intellectual problem. It is a spiritual one too. Even if you accept all the doctrines and you believe in them it means nothing if you do not genuinely follow Christ and obey him.

Pray with all your heart, if you make it your duty to truly want to know the truth, the truth will be revealed to you.

Revelation 3:20
Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me.

Matthew 7:7
"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

God bless all of you.
>>
The end of times is near, all this normie bullshit you see in the media is fulfilling foretold prophecies
>>
>>29070989
The foretold prophecies have been fulfilling for centuries.
>>
>millions of years of human history
>thousands of religions
>Christianity only came relatively recently
>but it's totally the one true religion guys!
>>
>>29070905
heyo, It's hard for me to keep up with your great english all you motherlanguage speakers, but I will try.

I read the thread and wanted to post something like that the whole time. I would agree, that science and faith aren't antagonists and deal with totally different things. Faith for me deals with "How we want things to be".
Someone earlier mentioned the whole universe was [insert adjective]. I mean that's a way to big scale and I think it's out of hypocricy that man wants to claim and control the whole universe. I furthermore don't see how it would help me in life, if I would see the universe as such or so.

Thanks for the good reads faithrobot! Don't get discouraged please.
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.