[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw finally have enough money to live the rest of my life
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: 1448148319451.jpg (132 KB, 400x500) Image search: [Google]
1448148319451.jpg
132 KB, 400x500
>tfw finally have enough money to live the rest of my life in a cabin deep in the woods

Surely this is the best feel ever. Looking for land atm. Goal is 10-20 acres with a well, stream and a small cabin or room to build one. Ofc internet is required. Cant wait for the winter when im sitting browsing memes and burning wood in my fire stove.

Anybody else dreaming about this? btw ill do it in Scandinavian if anybody is doing the same thing. I could use some tips about gardening etc
>>
>>29070104
Read Walden, anon
>>
>>29070104
But you're on r9k. Most of the people on this board aren't independent to live on their own, let alone independent enough to live outside of society. Robots just aren't self sufficient people.
>>
Russian fireplaces are the most efficient way to burn wood
cordwood masonry is a cheap diy buildng technique and will last forever.
>>
File: UdWicOb.png (726 KB, 491x511) Image search: [Google]
UdWicOb.png
726 KB, 491x511
My migga, truly you know what's up

I have the exact same plan right now, except I'm set on building a cabin myself and living in a run-down preexisting one on site while I'm building it; of course, I'll be doing all the work myself to save big bucks using my sweat equity.

Pic related, 40 acre plot I'm looking at right now as a site. I'm personally a fan of the wetlands for the biodiversity and beautiful overgrowth during the summer months, so a large part of the lot is marsh (it's also a lot cheaper per acre, but there's still quite a bit of wooded area available). Current cabin is at the top right, I'm looking at building mine in the border of the woods to the marsh in the bottom left.

If you build your own cabin, be really cautious about the plumbing. You don't want to get your shit kicked in during the winter.

Do you know if you're able to be approved for a mortgage right now? What's your age, for reference?
>>
>>29070104
How much money have you saved?
I could have enough to do the same. Maybe with you, anon. Let me know, seriously.
>>
You could buy it but how would you sustain it? You'll need money to import essentials.
>>
>>29070192
You do realize if you plan on living in that cabin it needs to have utilities run to it, pay property taxes every year and up to code to deem habitable, right?

You can't just buy a plot of land and throw together a mud shack and live there.
>>
>>29070276
I'm aware, I wasn't born yesterday. I know quite a few tradesmen that work in the fields that I'll be needing for the project, and they're more than willing to offer assistance when necessary.

It's for that reason as well that I was looking for a lot with many of the utilities already provisioned; the cabin on the land I've shown has a well, septic, and electrical already in place.

I'm not planning on quitting my job anytime soon, and I can easily find employment even if it somehow disappears in the wind, so property taxes and the cost of a mortgage are not a problem.
>>
>>29070276
property taxes? Not everywhere dude.
>>
>>29070176
>>29070122

Thank you. I'll check it out

>>29070192
Sounds sweet man. US? Goal is to build my cabin aswell but if there is a small one on the plot its a good start! Dont have the skills right now to build a perfect cabin.

In scandinavia we normally just build a das.

>mortgage and age

im 25. My goal is to buy one without a mortgage since i can get a nice plot for ~30-50k.

>>29070201
Right now i have ~160k euro saved up. I might team up with someone when i got a plot and living conditions figured out

>>29070276
>>29070218

So i have some money ill get interest of and my goal is to etablish a small business there. Maybe a small airbnb cabin or some outdoor cano stuff. Last option is to go back to my hometown and work 2-3 months a year in the winter.
>>
>>29070551
>160k

You can literally buy a plot of land outright and a cheap mobile home for 10-15k and park it on there, probably be cheaper then whatever you're paying for rent right now and then live there while working on it.
>>
>>29070551
How did you make 160k euro by the age of 25 in a place like eyropoor?

european 26-y-old with only 130 E on his bank account and ends up havign to spend everything he makes for bare neccesities and car taxes
>>
That's what I'm planning. But probably in more illegal, suicidal sense. As in I wouldn't by property. I'd just want to disappear, get declared to be dead officially and live in the woods. Surely I would die soon, but it's better than living as an inferior man.
>>
>>29070610
My goal is also to move out this summer (or at least buy the land this summer)

>>29070758
Parents gave me 30k euro when i turned 18 and by that time i was working this box packer job for ~22 euro an hour. 2 years after that i bought a destroyed apartment (right when property prices where lowest). Lived in the apartment and worked. Got a promotion to supervisor an ~5 euros more an hour worked there for 5 years and 1/2 year ago sold my apartment with really good profits. Saved up most of my money and never owned a car since denmak is too expensive for cars
>>
>>29070276
What kind of bearucratic shothole do live in that has to even regulate when you shit? People around here have found ways around the law. They're called "hunting cabins" and as long as you list yourself as having one permanent address (having a PO Box) and list that you have no stable arrangements, you get away with it. People around here even get away with living permanently in tents.

>run utilities
HURR DURR WHAT IS OFF GRID LIVING? Again, do you live in some regulated to death shithole that requires you to be hooked up to the grid? If so, move the fuck out you shilled idiot. Septic system, well/spring water, solar/wind w/battery storage (though you will have to conserve), satellite or 4G internet--all of which are used all the time by off griders.

About the only thing you got right was property taxes, which is why around here you have to have one permanent address.
>>
>>29070828
what the fuck? 22/hour? selling an apartment? WHAT. I'm american so none of this makes sense, I'm lucky to land a 12hour job.
>>
>>29070864
I was thinking down the line that would be something you could work for, a legit living space, instead of bending the rules. That way you could sell it further on in life instead of listing it as a plot of land with a hunting cabin.

But your way does make a ton of sense in the foreground.
>>
>>29070875
Whats wrong with selling an apartment? Worked 35 hours a week in the afternoon until 11 pm. Thats why i was paid more. Worked 1 hour less and got paid 4-5 dollars more an hour than people working morning shift
>>
>>29070828
Shit denmark has it good, here I am in finland where a car is a must, costs you all of your money and the most you can make as a box packer is 8 euro per hour and that's the luckiest you could get.
>>
>>29070908
Usually you rent an apartment(where I'm from), you don't own it at all.
>>
>>29070982
Ok but the thing is i could get a 1.5% 5y mortgage and i would pay less than renting so i just did it since the apartment was really cheap (and i could just redo most of it) and i had a good job so i wouldnt be in money trouble.

>>29070979
Ye its pretty nice not being forced to have a car.

>8 euro an hour

Why so low? wouldnt people just go on welfare? (assuming finland has some of the same rules)
>>
>>29071023
Finland's a shit poor high cost high taxes country, and that's exactly why everyone lives off of wellfare, you get basically the same money that you would get from working shit jobs

And because the wellfare sucks up so much funds from the goverment they have to rise up the taxes, and shit job employers can't offer any more money for the job, and end up failing their businesses, makign more wellfare-livers who also are fucked over by depts
>>
>>29070104
How much money does it cost to do this/
>>
>>29070551
Yep, up in central Wisconsin. I'm probably going to be around 21 when I end up moving out, and I'm planning on mortgaging the property mainly because it wouldn't be possible for me (in a timing sense) to save up the full amount (likely around 100k, 125k for this particular plot here), shell it out, and then work on building the house either through saving or progressive purchasing and construction.

The sooner I can get a tangible asset like this under my belt, the better; though quite honestly the concept of a mortgage does scare me a bit. I think if I play my cards right it could turn out to be a worthwhile investment.

Do you have property taxes where you live? If so, are they reasonable?
>>
>>29071072
My estimate (price range) is 50k for a good property with an old cabin. Then you need some kind of income to buy items you cant make yourself and to pay taxes and electricity ~800 euros a month for what ive been looking at

>>29071135
For the properties ive been looking at its ~800 euros a year with electricty included
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.