[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how fucking retarded do you have to be to get addicted to smoking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7
File: 1461378678281.jpg (14 KB, 487x423) Image search: [Google]
1461378678281.jpg
14 KB, 487x423
how fucking retarded do you have to be to get addicted to smoking in 2016, do you have no self control
>>
tfw I got addicted to smoking around 2005ish. I started smoking to (unsuccessfully) try and talk to girls. I thought they would ask me for a light or try to bum a smoke and a conversation would happen but it never really worked that way. An ex gf of mine told me that she read that people who smoke want to kill themselves but are too afraid to do it, so they do it really slowly by smoking
>>
I honestly have no idea how people get """""addicted""""" to smoking.

I've been a social smoker only for about 3 years now. Weak self-control, I think.
>>
>>29070023
because those people rely on smoking to relieve stress or get rid of anxiety to the point where not doing it can cause withdrawals.
of course if you smoke on the weekends just to socialize without depending on it it wont affect you as much.
>>
>>29069765
It's chemical.

What's to understand?
>>
>>29070058
uh self control, limit yourself to x cigarettes a week and don't go over
>>
File: images.jpg (12 KB, 240x161) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
12 KB, 240x161
It is the least interesting vice of all.

Little, if any, high. Expensive. Will slowly kill you and make you sick.

Pic related, what I see when I think of a smoker.
>>
>>29070079
I don't think you understand what addiction is.
>>
It's genuinely difficult to quit once you've seared that urge into your neural wiring. Seriously, a week into quitting, if you hear the word "certificates" from a distant TV, your brain hears "cigarettes." Then, if you've accompanied any part of your routine or hobbies with smoking, you get the urge every time you do what you used to accompany with cigarettes. Then there's the dreams of smoking, the anger at the whole world for the slightest infractions against you, the headaches, the digestive issues, and all the fun shit that goes with the withdrawal. Then, if you smoked socially, that adds another element. You don't want to be just standing there like a jackass while your friends smoke, or worse, staying inside and not in the conversation. But you do one of them if you want to drop the habit.

Not saying it can't be done. It's just genuinely tough. Seriously, I can do opiates (not even codeine, either, I'm talking straight-up heroin) and coke occasionally, every few months, and never get addicted to them or even think about them, but nicotine? Holy fuck, that's a tough one to kick. It seriously took me a solid year of constant and deliberate exposure to quit-smoking hypnosis and ASMR videos followed by the use of magic mushrooms to even begin to quit. Watch, I'm gonna go jack off to the r45 thread on /b/'s front page, and when I'm done, I know I'll want a cig.

It gets easy to be addicted and tough to quit. Your hands and mouth will smoke the cigs for you automatically, and it'll take serious effort on your part to stop them.
>>
>>29070125
Oh, and if your mom smoked while you were in utero? You're fucked. You're just fucked. You were born addicted to the shit.
>>
File: BUNW6RxCUAADrHy.jpg large.jpg (87 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
BUNW6RxCUAADrHy.jpg large.jpg
87 KB, 768x1024
I started smoking again today just for the fuck of it. I dont really understand the addiction, but I do find smoking to be fun and relaxing. I usually smoke few packs of cigarettes every summer, but a single cigarette during any other times of the year.
Its also a good alternative for self harm I guess, despite it being much more harmful. Actually, I guess its a worse alternative.
>>
File: kuva_1451342636.jpg (58 KB, 665x465) Image search: [Google]
kuva_1451342636.jpg
58 KB, 665x465
>>29069765
>2011+5
>doesn't smoke
>>
>>29070120
i'm talking about pack a day smokers, like holey shit how do you get to that point
>>
File: 1402090479166.jpg (39 KB, 580x720) Image search: [Google]
1402090479166.jpg
39 KB, 580x720
>>29070222
Checked those originalio triplets
>>
>>29070023
>I've been a social smoker only for about 3 years now

then you've never really smoked. you most likely pretend to inhale but just hold a cigarette to look cool and fit in kek
>>
>>29070125
It's funny, I ended up quitting smoking when I decided to take a 2 month break off my opioid addiction. I knew smoking wouldn't make me feel better and just make me more nauseaus and restless so I didn't bother. Since then, I had no desire to restart. One day when high as fuck I impulse bought a pack of smokes and couldn't even inhale a proper hit without gagging. Ended up forcing myself to burn through the pack. I guess I'm somewhat over it but I know it wont take much to get back on the cigs, hopefully I can stay away for the rest of my life.
>>
>>29070427
Not him, but not everyone has an addictive personality. I smoke yes, but I can go days or weeks without one and I've been smoking for about 4 years now.
>>
It's ok to smoke as long as you don't care about living a long time, like if you planned to kill yourself in a year anyway. Otherwise you're fucking your shit up just by starting and it's really not worth it.
>>
>>29070464
this, i literally can't get addicted to smoking

i will smoke a whole pack in a single night then not smoke again for a couple months
>>
>>29069765
I bet you've got plenty of self control, you anxiety ridden virgin shut-in.
>>
>>29070427

>LOL U JUST HOLD IT IN UR MOUTH

Nope.
>>
File: 1339720727088.jpg (24 KB, 231x363) Image search: [Google]
1339720727088.jpg
24 KB, 231x363
>>29070515
Damn, that was a sick roast.
>>
File: 1442026580421.jpg (63 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1442026580421.jpg
63 KB, 600x600
>>29070488
>I can smoke a whole pack in one night

What do you smoke? When I'm drinking, sure I can chain but still, the taste still gets to me. I normally takes me 3+ days to kill a pack (if I'm not bumming em out)
>>
>>29070515
>anxiety ridden virgin shut-in.

nothing wrong with that, normie scum
>>
peer pressure. That's literally how retarded normies are OP.
>>
>>29069765
You should have made that weed smoking for guaranteed replies.
>>
>2016
>not smoking
Are you a woman, leftist a cuck or all three?
>>
>>29070783
smoking is a leftist habit mate
>>
>>29070800
Then why do these left hippies tell me I can't smoke 20 miles from a schoolyard or some shit?
>>
>>29069765
Smoking is pretty cool.
Normies are against it anyway unless you're living in some undeveloped slav-shithole.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.