[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I autistic for actually thinking the Purge movie series is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: Purge.jpg (572 KB, 1048x1660) Image search: [Google]
Purge.jpg
572 KB, 1048x1660
Am I autistic for actually thinking the Purge movie series is legitimately something to be afraid of? They are coming out with a new one on July 6th two days after Independence Day, I actually think these movies are sending the wrong message and idea to people. There have actually been documented cases of criminals saying they were imitating "The Purge". One man shot like 4 random people and cited "The Purge" movie as his inspiration, I know it's a popular horror series but it just terrifies me that people are taking it seriously. They honestly believe we should have a real life purge every year, I know it's my autism I guess or some shit acting up but damn these movies scare me.

I was never a horror movie fan anyway, but when people start imitating "The Purge" and citing it as inspiration, well, that just frightens me. What if people go see it and decide "Oh man, we should all just start murdering people we don't like and shit" I wouldn't want to go see that movie during a midnight screening, who knows what kind of nutjobs you'd be in the theater with. Someone would probably bring a gun or some shit and murder everyone in the theater and claim they were "Purging"
>>
>>29069112
This movie is a robot dream.
>KILL ALL ROASTIES, KILL ALL NORMIES REEEEEEE
>>
The whole premise for this movie was fucking retarded and would be even more retarded to implement in real life.
You honestly think a drug dealer or a burglar or some other violent criminal would care about what day or time when to commit a crime?
No
Holy fuck this guy is retarded.
>>
>>29069134
I'm as robot as they fucking come, but I really don't think it's a "robot's dream" there is no designated target in the film, people just fucking kill ANYONE they feel like fucking killing. The one's who can survive the 12 hours of hell and chaos are the one's who can live another year in peace. The problem is EVERYONE is a TARGET, robots would be killed just as easily as normies in the movie.

I just find the premise very disturbing
>>
>>29069154
>You honestly think a drug dealer or a burglar or some other violent criminal would care about what day or time when to commit a crime?

You're fucking stupid if you didn't get what I was implying, obviously if MURDER is LEGAL for 12 hours then criminals would go apeshit. I'm pretty sure even most criminals consider not getting caught by the law when committing crimes as a high priority when committing said crime, now if MURDER was LEGAL for 12 hours then they'd just shoot anyone they felt like.

You clearly aren't putting a lot of thought into this like I am.
>>
im an anarchist and people think my beliefs are this movie lol
never seen it
>>
I saw the second one but i didn't realise ethan hawke and lena headey were in the first one
might watch it now
>>
>>29069112
A purge like that is a really poor idea. If you had one every single year, then you would end up spending the entire year cleaning up after a purge, only to have everything messed up again when the next one started.

More people would die that get born to replace them. Lots of babies and kids, who can't protect themselves at all, would be caught in it. Year after year, the population would drop significantly. And people probably wouldn't stop after the purge day is over. The chaos following so many dead would mean authorities, lots of whom would have been killed during the purge, would not be able to keep control and some people would keep on killing and looting.
>>
>>29069112
Advertisers don't even try anymore.

How little did the studio pay for the advertising that the agency is putting its mouthbreather on it?
>>
>>29070088

I have an alternate theory.
No one dies.

The whole movies premise hinges on the idea that crime is caused by people having to much crime pent up in their systems and not being able to get it out.

There are very few people out there who just want to murder people for no reason.
Even in shithole lawless states in africa and that, even when you mix in the killings caused by warfare and gangland violence, the murder rate reaches no where near purge levels.

What would happen if there was a purge? Every single person in the country would just stay home. Maybe one or two people with connections to the underworld and a few enemies would get whacked if they weren't smart enough to hide. But other than that, it would just be like labor day for policemen
>>
>>29070088
If some person killed a family member of mine I would probably kill him back regardless of "le purge day".
I don't give a shit if it's legal or not.
If somebody stole my shit I would fuck him up, again, no shits given regarding legality.
>>
>>29070242
>people having to much crime pent up in their systems and not being able to get it out.
That reminds me of the idea of all girls having to get the bad boy and sluttiness out of their system before settling down.
There's a pic to that effect.
>>
>>29070265
THIS LAND IS YOUR LAND, THIS LAND IS MY LAND!!

Spoken like a true blooded American, we do what we want when we want, and we go where we want to fucking go. The laws be damned, social anarchy and libertarian-ism, way to go.
>>
>>29069192
also the general public would be ready to defend themselves. Wrong time for home invasion
>>
>>29070311
Most superheroes are basically "I have power, fuck everyone and the law, this is my version of fairness and justice that I will decide on and enforce."
>>
>What if people go see it and decide "Oh man, we should all just start murdering people we don't like and shit"
I think your fear is absolutely justified.
The establishment are catering to the fantasies of the ignorant, violent unrefined brutes in the conservative middle class.
/pol/ and their rope day is basically their target demographic.

Just like Django unchained exists to further black on white violence. Most people are immune to the message of the movie but that doesn't matter, it does stick into the collective consciousness somewhere down the line with the most radical and uncivilized from where it sprouts into something bigger. The ones formerly immune will be influenced by them later down the road.

A big part of Hollywood/TV is mass brainwashing, the main goal is to keep people at each others throats so they are easier controlled and are too distracted to identify the real enemy that is constantly slowly poisoning them through "harmless movies" and "news".

look at this piece of shit for example, don't you think this guy was influenced by watching Dexter?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lix5TuZNJE8
Now he goes around "cleaning our streets of the unwanted" and people applaud him in the comments.
>>
Seems utterly backwards to me. In this case most normal people would band together for security and at that point you essentially have a militia/police force which defeats the entire purpose. The entire idea of this purge arises from the utter disconnect between the emergency services and the population. Believe it or not, no matter how many black people get shot by cops, emergency services are there to protect you against assholes. If they're not there then you just have to protect yourself.
>>
>>29069975
Your beliefs are this movie, but in not in the way people tell you. It's a leftwing screed on how everything bad, including the purge, is the fault of the rich and the white.
>>
>>29069154
The Spartans did something like this actually.
>>
>>29069975

>people think my beliefs are this movie

The purge is one of the most anti-anarchist movies in recent memory

>Society breaks down and people turn into mindless, amoral killers because they went 12 whole hours without an all powerful government controlling their affairs
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.