[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So why don't you guys try to be navy seals? It'll 100%
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
So why don't you guys try to be navy seals? It'll 100% solve all your problems of being a little bitch
>>
>>29068898
One of the most difficult jobs in the military there is, you'd have to work out and learn how to swim the most efficiently for at least 3 years before you can be a seal
>>
File: you cant be that stupid.jpg (685 KB, 1852x1200) Image search: [Google]
you cant be that stupid.jpg
685 KB, 1852x1200
>implying there's a single person on /r9k/ that can pass MEPS
I hope you know that all of the SOF branches conduct their own physicals as well.
>>
why be real navy seals when I can play cs go
>>
>>29068898
>Why don't you socially awkward, mentally ill and physically deformed guys just get into the military group with some of the worlds highest standards it will solve everything

Thank you OP I now see what I must do to make it in life
>>
Why be a seal when I can smoke memes
>>
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 378x364) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 378x364
>>29068898
I actually wanted to be one but then realized I don't have the personality to do it. Have never been the type of person that would actively seek information and understand shit without anyone else telling me to do it. Not even remotely competitive.

Shame since it's literally the only job that interests me.
>there's seals younger than you
>>
>>29068922
Not really, no. It takes 6 months to 1 year.

>>29068934
Most guys fail the SPECWAR physical for minor shit too. I've known a lot of guys that had issues like heart murmurs they didn't know they had, minor vision defects, eczema, all kinds of stuff. I used to live in San Diego. There are hundreds of wannabe seals and seal candidates there. My trainer was one.
>>
gtfo my board military recruiters im sick of these fucking threads
>>
>>29068898

You ARE aware that they assess you physically and mentally right? The time when they find out you're not good at being a leader/participating in group work is an AUTO disqualifier. Oh, and they won't make an exception if you're fit.
>>
>>29069179
>The time when they find out you're not good at being a leader
This is not true.

>Oh, and they won't make an exception if you're fit
This wasn't true pre 9/11 but from what I've heard about the course now is that if you don't stand out as an excellent candidate, they will try to get you to wash out or they'll just performance drop you. Second phase will take care of you if you think all it takes is endurance and fitness.
>>
>>29069220

>This is not true.

You HAVE to be good with people, unless you're aiming for sniper you have to be good at working with small teams.
>>
>>29068922
>>29068934
>>29068945
>>29068969
This is exactly why you should
>>
>>29069249

>This is exactly why you should waste time and other peoples money and resources.

Are you in infantry?
>>
>>29069241
Again, not really, no. One of the only Team Guys I know was a socially awkward loser that just happened to be able to suck up the pain and put out. The peer reviews in third phase also don't mean anything from what I've heard. I've heard the instructors don't even bother paying attention to that shit unless the guy is on their radar already.
>>
top fucking zozzle

nice bait

Like the other anon said, barely any robots will pass Basic. Even then, you don't become a SEAL, you're born a SEAL. They look for people who literally do not give a single fuck about themselves or endangering themselves in the name of a Mission/Goal. Pain and fatigue does not stop them from achieving the goal. They are willing to die for the Men next to them and for the so called "Mission". It's not about whos the strongest or who can out do physically. Its all mental. If you truly want to become a SEAL, then you can do it most definitely. But I mean it has the highest wash out rate because people go in trying to be Mr.Macho and get shut the fuck down.
>>
>>29069249
You didn't even read the post you replied to. Stupid fucking faggot. I said it once >>29068934 and I'll say it again. 99% of the people on this board could not make it through MEPS.
>>
>>29069303
This dude knows. Did you used to live in Coronado?
>>
>>29069303
>>29069260
>>29069310
Yeah I regret making this thread, way too much emotionally weak egotists on this board
>>
>>29068898
I'd rather join in a different branch of the military.
>>
>>29069332
Just stop replying senpai.
>>
>>29068898
I'm not a murrican but I always wanted to be in the SAS. Unfortunately I'm a robot aka someone who cannot interact well with others. Even if I could pass the physical (I think I could with training) I would never pass the mental aspect. I would never be able to bond with my teammates like you need to do.
>>
>>29069376
SAS isn't American.
>>
>>29068898
because I have too many medical conditions.
>>
>>29069381
I know, I guess I didn't word that very well.
>>
>>29069411
I see what you mean. My bad. British SAS or Aussie SAS? Does New Zealand have SAS as well?
>>
>>29068898
I kinda want to but then again I kinda don't? I'll keep thinking about it for now.
>>
File: 7302399_600x400.jpg (35 KB, 599x400) Image search: [Google]
7302399_600x400.jpg
35 KB, 599x400
>>29069421
>Does New Zealand have SAS as well?
Yeah pic related. That's the one I'd be joining too, not that it'll ever happen.
>>
>>29069449
What's really holding you back from that?
>>
>>29069482
I'm a huge pussy
>>
>>29069503
Hey you're not me but you summed it up pretty well.

>>29069482
It's a hard thing for a normal person to achieve, let alone a person who can barely speak to his own family members. Plus I'm a coward.
>>
>>29069536
It is hard but not impossible. It's just in some guys to do it, no matter how weird or broken they might seem. If you ever want some inspiration, read Fearless: The Undaunted Courage and Ultimate Sacrifice of Navy SEAL Team SIX Operator Adam Brown. It's about a heroin addicted loser that can't do anything right with his life. He becomes a Navy SEAL and is so good at it that he joins SEAL Team Six later.
>>
>>29069617
>Fearless: The Undaunted Courage and Ultimate Sacrifice of Navy SEAL Team SIX Operator Adam Brown
Thanks anon. I always love reading about these guys.
>>
>>29068898
Why not the Green Berets? They are actually much better.
>>
I recommend every robot watches Generation Kill
>>
I wanted to be a Ranger but realized I can't function socially and have a tendency of getting my confidence shaken when something doesn't go well.
>>
I'd join the US military, but I'm not American.

Feels bad, man.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.