[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've heard the reason everything went to shit after 2007-2008
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7
File: 37373.jpg (35 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
37373.jpg
35 KB, 400x300
I've heard the reason everything went to shit after 2007-2008 is because of the iphone. Is this true?
>>
File: 1457911856315.png (371 KB, 633x656) Image search: [Google]
1457911856315.png
371 KB, 633x656
Back in 2007 people actually lived in real life. The internet was actually about having fun. Even social media back then like myspace was about having fun making custom profiles and shit. Now social media is just a way for normies to show off and stacys to be vapid cunts. This was also before the downfall of the internet where kike buisnessman came along trying to make shekels off of people by raping us with advertisements. Back when youtube was still good. Aim was fun. Everything online was based around fun instead of showboating. Now the internet has become an extention of modern culture as you can go 5 minutes without internet memes being put on tv to appeal to a younger crowd.

Life is just objectively shittier unless you are a Chad who now has ez access to pussy and a platform to show off. Or a stacy who now can easily see who has value or who doesnt based on social media, while also showing off and being a vapid cunt.
>>
Bump

Vry orgig
>>
>>29068235
this anon gets it.

originalo commentano
>>
File: here come dat pepe.png (240 KB, 656x640) Image search: [Google]
here come dat pepe.png
240 KB, 656x640
>>29068235
>>29068235
>10-15 years ago having a myspace profile would have made you "a creep" according to normalscum
>Nowadays if you don't have an goybook account like them then you're a creep

I fucking hate the hipocrisy so much

The retardation of the plebeian commoner truly knows no bounds whatsofuckingever
>>
>>29068235
Yeah most people would say this, iphone did play a part because it paved the way for all those normie touchscreen phones which allowed easy access to the internet from anywhere and allowed apps like snapchat and instagram to be made eventually which only exist for nudes or pictures of shit no one gives 2 fucks about like what kind of salad stacy ordered for lunch. Really the internet is what ruined western civilization in the end it gave everyone a place to feel like they were actually fucking important and so now we live in an egocentric culture with no depth and have everyone shilling the next progressive ideas because they want to appear hip and cool to all their retard followers on tumblr or twitter.
>>
Internet and video games were still considered nerd things and nerd things weren't the obnoxious cool trend at that time. Then the iPhone happened and normalfags got easy access to the Internet. They posted all the stupid shit they do on Facebook and eventually Instagram and whatever dumb shit app. Normalfags then created an endlessly dip shit cycle of showing off who has the nicest things in life.
>>
The Big Bang Theory came out in 2007, popularising nerd culture and making it accessible to normalfags who thought it was "hilarious". I'm sure just about everybody here has been told they're just like Sheldon at some point.

>>29068646
Don't forget Tinder.
>>
>>29067978
Portal came out in 2007, TBBT came out in 2007 as well. Both of these attracted ginormous amounts of normies to the Internet.
>>
>>29068868
>Hehe. The cake is a lie. XD
>You're just like Sheldon, anon.
>Omg Leonard is so hot. I'd so date him
>>
>>29068629
What are you talking about?

Everyone at my school had a myspace in 2007
>>
>>29069062
This comment has been catalogued, by filter core 449355829-A, if you do not condone this, come to Aperture Laboratories in Michigan, you will be compensated in cake.
>>
>>29069062
This comment has been catalogued, by filter core 449355829-A, if you do not condone this, come to Aperture Laboratories in Michigan, you will be compensated with cake.
>>
File: download.png (7 KB, 206x245) Image search: [Google]
download.png
7 KB, 206x245
It was the year America was turning around after the last part of the decade being filled with paranoia and fear.
It was the year that was supposed to happen if 9/11 never come into fruition.

Then 2008 happened and brought in a new age of panic and hysterics.

>Economy tanked
>Hipsters
>Twilight
>Scene kids
>Recession
>Millions of people laid off
>Bernie Madoff Ponzi Scheme
>>
YES
I miss fucking around with friends!
I miss Runescape!
I miss actual music being on the radio and not bullshit like can you even fucking make out any lyrics to Hotline Bling? Did you even know it was called that? DID YOU EVER FIND OUT WHAT HOTLINE BLING IS?
The reason why they're called "The good ol' days." is because there was a rich culture, the clothing is a great example.
Look at the 90s vs. the 2000's, now look at the 2010's, look around you. EVERYTHING IS STANDING STILL IN A SHITTY TIME!
Look at websites. No indie sites will rise to popularity, just soulless husks.
Phones shouldn't be extensions of ourselves, they should be tools.
>>
>>29069224
Fuck off mate, you just miss being young. You crew old and cynical.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LV0wTtiJygY
> can you even fucking make out any lyrics to Hotline Bling?
Yeah, it's a great song.
>You used to call me on my cellphone, late night when you need my love, call me on my cellphone...
>I know when that hotline bling, that can only mean one thing...
>Ever since I left the city YOU got a reputation for yourself now
Hotline bling is the way a phone lights up late at night when a lonely girl wants to talk to you.
>>
>>29067978
Life is just different now that everyone carries a digitalcamera/computer/phone around with them everyday. It's not shit.

>>29068235
Back in 2007 I spent a lot of time on Facebook, then they opened it up beyond universities.. and it just changed it didn't get shit.

>>29068629
Cultural acceptance changed. Personally I prefer this world where using the internet isn't a sign of social isolation and autism. The Usenet days were awful.

>>29068646
The march to neo-liberalism/individualism/materialism was well on it's way thanks to Thatcher/Reagan/Clinton/Howard. Internet just gave people a new outlet for person expression.

>>29068824
That show was always shit but it was only replacing other shit sitcoms with cardboard cutout characters.

>>29068868
Portal was a great game.

>>29069224
>Everything is standing still
If anything, everything is moving too fast. The internet/multiculturalism/economic growth have fractured and diversified mainstream culture beyond recognition. But that's cool, everyone has a niche.
>>
>>29069348
It's a tolerable song but you have to admit the music video was shit. What the hell were those moves? Who choreographed it?
>>
>>29069497
It's post-modern art. Drake's dancing is ironically bad.
>>
>>29069510
Not everyone gets art and I can accept that. This will be one of those things I just don't understand. Regardless if it's not meant to be taken at face value as bad, it's still bad to me. Not like you could really dance to something as mellow as that. Work with what you got I suppose.
>>
>>29069510

>Jews promoted rap music in the past to ruin music
>Today we're living in a time where Jews have figured out how to ruin rap music

TOP KEK
>>
>>29069570
Jews actually promoted rap music to fill their private prisons which got more funding the more inmates they held.
I think it's great that artists like Drake and Kanye don't sing about dealing drugs with all the bitches in the gang or whatever the fuck.
>>
>>29069546
Drake could have released a standard run of the mill hip-hop music video with him in a club surrounded by women, in a fancy penthouse apartment looking lonely etc. But he chose to dance amusingly in a turtleneck
Drake is an intelligent man. He's a multimillionaire. For about two weeks after he released the video he was probably the most discussed person online. He wants people to make memes out of him, he wants to be the topic of conversation.
>>
>>29067978

In terms of Internet? YES OP.

Prior to smartphones, you had to sit at home, on your ass, in front of a laptop or desktop PC. You couldn't shitpost on the toilet from highschool or repost buzzfeed articles in femlit class. You had to sit on your PC, alone, and people made fun of you if they found out. It actually went to shit with YouTube though, considering 100% of the internet was literate before that site exploded.
>>
>>29069852
Sure I'll believe that but calling it post modern art? That's reaching a bit.
>>
>>29069885
Yeah I'm not that anon. In the sense that everything is art, yeah, but I don't think he intended it to be abstract or interpretive.
Also think about tiny drake sitting on things - this doesn't seem as intentional, but now it's a part of normie internet culture to take anything drake does and make it into a meme. They think they're making fun of him but all it really does is cement his status as a dominant figure of pop culture. No such thing as bad publicity you know
>>
File: 14328423882.png (184 KB, 517x418) Image search: [Google]
14328423882.png
184 KB, 517x418
>le "society peaked when I was twelve years old" meme
>>
>>29067978
It's because the removal of the wild and the trade limit.
>>
i mostly use facebook for logging in in some website.
>>
File: 1461409514762.jpg (59 KB, 655x527) Image search: [Google]
1461409514762.jpg
59 KB, 655x527
>>29067978
It's amazing to me how an economic crisis happened, yet everyone is able to buy overpriced iPhones
Normal people that is
You don't see them around with Rolex or anything like that
>>
>>29067978
"Go West young man." Any last vestiges of the Wild West days of the internet were wiped out by 2008.
>>
>>29067978
>>29068235
Yeah I think not much changed culturally significantly other than the leftward shift towards SJWism, however what really shat things up was that the internet didn't become a thing people did privately, but with Facebook and the like it became literally connected to who you are.

Everyone knows where you've been, what you've been doing, who you were with. It's not even the NSA tracking you because most people make this shit public and if you don't you are dubbed 'anti-social'.

I still cling to the old days, so I have an online persona and a real world one. I have Facebook purely on my iPad and phone and the email for it nor its login were ever used on my battlestation.

I wouldn't have even gotten facebook if it wasn't a requirement at work. Why is it even a requirement? Why do businesses request their employees to have it? Because a 2010's Neo-Nazi will outwardly post their Klan rally as a fb status and the boss would immediately see and fire.

The world's definitely more shallow than it used to be. In a lot of aspects.
>>
>>29067978
The Internet went from a small hobbyist niche to an extension of society itself and a surveillance/manipulation tool. Of course things are downhill now, and they will only get worse. Smartphones and social networks are worse than anything Orwell or Huxley dreamt up.
>>
>>29067978
kek no. You just grew up.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.