[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
While all you mainstream gamers are bitching that women are taking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 7
File: 1458416716941.jpg (166 KB, 534x580) Image search: [Google]
1458416716941.jpg
166 KB, 534x580
While all you mainstream gamers are bitching that women are taking over your medium Im here wishing that at least a single female is interested in military sims and rts games. That way there would be at least a single girl with which I could have a something in common.
>>
she still wouldn't fuck you
>>
>>29067325
At least I would be able to talk to someone of the opposite sex who has the same interests for once....
>>
File: 1430848078114.jpg (80 KB, 780x792) Image search: [Google]
1430848078114.jpg
80 KB, 780x792
>Iran is meant to be an example of a tough country

kek. They're the only ones cucked enough to have trouble in a conventional war against Iraq.
>>
File: image.jpg (162 KB, 600x1082) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
162 KB, 600x1082
>>29067299
>not posting the full image

Fnrienejdiemeiksksmsmekekdkdkek
>>
>>29068028
Their naval projection is pretty pitiful. But they are the only competent snackbars apart from Hezbollah, which they train.
>>
File: 1444186588330.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1444186588330.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>le no one with similar interests to talk to XD
>not feeling a deep sense of disconnection at the most basic level with everyone and being so long without talking that is getting to the point where you're forgetting words and expressions and communicating mostly by grunts with only close family
I bet you have a "oneitis" and a close circle of friends that "just don't get me and muh deppresion :(" now get the fuck out you filthy normie
>>
>>29067299
Those ministers couldn't even defend their own cunts from an innocent refugee. Norway's face is really fucking irritating too.
>>
>>29067299
The Russian guy is a AMWF hapa
>>
>>29067299
>women who have never seen a second of combat at in charge of national defense
How is this okay?
>>
>>29067299
The point of that image is that the countries on the top have limited sovereignty.
European countries might as well be states of Europe at this point in time.
Russia, Iran and China on the other hand are fiercely independent.

Germany having a defense minister is like Nebraska having a defense minister.
>>
So close OP. I love Vicky II and HOIIII along with a few rt things like C&C but "sims and rts" makes it sound like you're an ARMA fan and that's too chaotic for my tiny female brain.
>>
>>29069227
This, and they're under the protection of nato aka the usa, so they can afford to pay pretend for my equality
>>
>>29069203
Considering the unavoidable violent urges men have I think it's much better to put women in charge of the military.
>>
>>29069479
HA! Good fucking joke retard.
>>
File: 1462863292333.jpg (31 KB, 720x954) Image search: [Google]
1462863292333.jpg
31 KB, 720x954
>>29067490
>wanting intellectual conversations with women
AHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA BE OH SHIT NIGGA AHAHAHA YOO DIS NIGGA B LIKE AHAHHAAHA

LIKE THIS NIGGA B LIKE
"interesting conversations with women"
AAAHAHAAHAH OOH SHHHIIITTTTT
>>
>>29069479

There are two things wrong with this.

1.) That's exactly why men SHOULD be in charge of the military.

2.) It's a damaging fallacy that women do not rise to violence with little provocation. Who murders the most children in the US? Women. And if you haven't seen those liveleaks of ordinary women beating the shit out of kids flying quadcopters... or if you haven't seen a woman start wailing on somebody in real life, then I just don't know what to say... The difference is that women are extremely tactical about killing their own children but very sloppy when it comes it assaulting people in broad daylight.
>>
>>29069504
Well your argument is basically the otehr side of the same stupid coin.
>Women are all weak and can't fight and therefore can't be responsible for overseeing the defence portfolio of their government.
>>
>>29069526
I don't see what's wrong with that argument
>>
>Alright how do I satisfy my thirst
>I know, I'll bitch on /r9k/ about no women doing X
>I'll put my trip on too so they know who I am when I respond to them saying they play these games and offer to play with me

>milsim
So ARMA3?
>rts
I'm guess AoE and maybe CoH like a shitter who'd play ARMA3 would play.

Kill yourself my man
>>
>>29069539
Because it's an inaccurate, stupid sterotype like >>29069479
>>
>>29069479
Does that really make sense to you?
>>
>>29069550
How is it inaccurate though?
>>
>>29069519
> Who murders the most children in the US? Women

Who rapes the most people?
Who assaults the most people?
Who kills the most people?
Who swears the most?
Who watches the most combat sport?
(hint: not women)
>>
>>29069575
>Who rapes the most people?
>Who assaults the most people?
>Who kills the most people?
>Who swears the most?
>Who watches the most combat sport?
Black people.
>>
>>29069550
>implying all men become completely irrational and hotheaded when it comes to dealing with national security

You don't get to be fucking General from making rash and ill-advised decisions.
>>
>tfw norwegian
>tfw minister of defense looks like retarded farmhand
>>
>>29069585
Checkmate atheists
Bloxx
>>
>>29069562
Because there are women who can fight, who are violent, who are bloodthirsty who have successfully led armed forces.

Just like how there are men who aren't violent, who can control their anger and seek peace.
>>
File: 1431540391355.gif (981 KB, 342x239) Image search: [Google]
1431540391355.gif
981 KB, 342x239
>>29069043
>communicating mostly by grunts with only close family

That has been me for the last decade I think.
When will it end?
>>
>>29069596
Well I guess those women have the same qualifications then.
>>
>>29069634
Not if they haven't seen active duty. And I'm not talking about sitting ideally by dealing with communications or medical issues in the military.

Proper combat duty. A sort of task women would not be up for because they would not meet the minimum requirements.
>>
>>29069612
And men do a better job. We dont need women in the military. Its unecessary
>>
>>29069694
> Not if they haven't seen active duty.
Norway, Germany, Shitaly. These countries haven't been to war for over half a century, There's no one around whose seen 'active' service.. Some places aren't like America who feel the need to be in PERPETUAl war.
>>
>>29069761
Well at least the roasties are only in charge of pretend militaries, as you say.
>>
>>29067299
girl here.
I dunno, military sims always felt really juvenile and autistic to me.
I just play a single video game anyway, GGXXAC+R
>>
>>29069542
I play red orchestra, wargame rd and bfg
>>
>>29070080
play scbw u casul.
>>
>>29069575
That doesn't fucking matter, the minister of defense should be violent and have no morals, his actions being limited by his superiors. The minister doesn't have access to much anyway.
>>
>>29069942
>juvenile
>military
>games simulating how our society evolved by trying to be better than each other rather than remaining friendly cavemen
>autistic
>>
>>29069942
>games that require you to make realistic complex strategy with endless scenarios using realistic units
> juvenile
Is spellcasting with an anime magebitch on a shitnipp rpg really more mature
>autistic
Hell yeah. Much better than neurotypical fapmaterial roleplaying garbage.
>>
>>29070230
>games that require you to make realistic complex strategy with endless scenarios using realistic units
>more challenging than high level fighting game play

lmao
>>
>>29069942
The reason you don't like them is because you're bad at them. RTSes require you to manage multiple characters and strategies at once, which isn't a thing women are good at, seeing as women still have the same caveman mentality from the way they've never had a taste of the real world.
>>
>>29070279
Fighting games require all that, physical dexterity and the ability to predict your opponent's next move.
>>
>>29070299
That's one strategy. The moment you have to manage two you're clueless.
>>
>>29070299
Maybe, but I find ripped japanese magic ninjas boring.
>>
>>29070315
>slow paced stradadgy game where there's plenty of time to think and consider moves between engagements
>even trying to imply that they're harder to play than a game where you have a 20th of a second to respond accurately or else you're leaving yourself open for more damage
>>
>>29070086
I also play men of war, men of war red tide, theatre of war and pt boats south gambit
>>
>>29070315
No, if you only have ome strategy you will be read and get destroyed near instantly.

The fighting in the fighting game is really just a proxy for actual game you are playing.

>>29070332
That's theming, who gives a shit about that?
It doesn't change the way the actual game plays, does it?

I'd still play fighting games, if the characters were nothing but sets of colored boxes, really.
>>
>>29070349
What part of REAL TIME dont you understand? Strategy also requires you to make extremely fast decisions on multiple fronts and micromanagement while in fighting games you can concentrate on one engagement. There are no perfect combos in RTSs because they tequire inhuman skill making mistakes bound to happen no matter how diligently you play.
>>
>>29069517
>so mad that girls don't want to have actual conversations with you that you have to try this hard to convince other men that's it's just "impossible"

pretty funny nigger
>>
>>29070371
I just find ranged combat and combined arms operations more interesting
>>
>>29070441
It's just a theme.
It doesn't change anything about the game itself.

>>29070419
There is no perfect play in fighting games either, since it's entirely based on reading your opponent.

Infinite Combos don't exist in a "valid" form in most fighting games, since they tend to have a burst mechanic, GG and BB do at least, which lets you break any combo.
>>
>>29070419
>extremely fast decisions
No, there's only one RTS game that is comparable to high level fighting game play in terms of speed, knowledge, and the ability to plan on the fly and that is SC1.
>>
>>29070502
Ever heard of the wargame EE and men of war series? In these games your entire group can be annihilated in several seconds.
>>
>>29070582
So what?
That's probably due to you fucking up.

For example, Bridget has the lowest HP in the game, low to average damage outside his Roger summons, but a ridiculously strong movement and rushdown play and decent control options.

A round against a bad Bridget takes about ten seconds, with any character.
>>
>>29069612
> pic of Boudicca
you know how that whole thing ended, didn't you?

has there ever been a woman who led an army to actually win a war and not get slaughtered later?
>>
>>29070671
fighting games don't need nearly as much skill as RTS games if you want to play at the top
>>
>>29070788
But that's simply not true.
The meta-gameplay is exactly the same.
Predicting the way your opponent will act and punishing mistakes.

In a fighting game you have a physical barrier of entry to this gameplay, in RTS you do not.
>>
>>29070671
>Bridget
lol
Fucking faggot
>>
>>29070881
Pro play in RTS like example Starcraft starts at 450APM
no other genre even reaches this much input
>>
>>29071268
Most of that is spamming inputs rapidly and repeatedly, most of those don't do anything.
In fighting games the inputs need to be both fast and accurate.
>>
>>29071268
If you're going to talk about SC and skill level, don't just mention APM alone like some shitter who believes that APM is everything.
>>
>>29071313
>most of those don't do anything.
The idea is confirming your input by dedicating a certain time of repeated presses to each action.
>>
>>29067299
Military sims and RTS games are cool, but are you saying that's all you're interested in? That's a really narrow set of interests and you're not going to find many eligible women who are into that stuff.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.