[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
can anyone teach me to smoke?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
File: cigar.jpg (210 KB, 1600x910) Image search: [Google]
cigar.jpg
210 KB, 1600x910
can anyone teach me to smoke?
>>
You use a cigar cutter (or your teeth) to cut the tip of the cap off the cigar. Don't cut off too much or else the whole thing will unravel.

Then you light it, puff on it to get the "cherry" going, and then smoke it.

Don't inhale the smoke. Just draw it into your mouth and blow it out.
>>
File: bill.jpg (25 KB, 365x389) Image search: [Google]
bill.jpg
25 KB, 365x389
>>29067005
I'll show you how to do lots of things with that cigar
>>
>>29067061
it comes wrapped in a wierd papper that smells like cinamon. Am i supposed to use it to light it?
what can i use as an ashtray and how often should i de ash?
also its kind of important for me to inhale some smoke
>>
>>29067005
For a cigar, you snip off the tip, light it while breathing in to get it burning, then inhale deeply to get a hot burn going. When it years up under your fingers you know you're doing it right. Smoke it relatively quickly because they start to dry out fast once you've lit them.
>>
>>29067061
also how much should i smoke? is there a filter or something at the end or should i smoke it all?
>>
>>29067115
you are rusing me right?
>>
you should skip to the part where you're dead from cancer
but for real i need to quit, you sholdn't start, shit sucks fampai
>>
>>29067105

>it comes wrapped in a wierd papper that smells like cinamon. Am i supposed to use it to light it?

Post a picture. I have no clue what you're talking about.

In my country, good cigars are sold in clear plastic wrap. You slide them out of the wrap, cut off the cap tip and smoke them.

Crappy machine made cigars are sold in opaque foil wrap. You pick off the wrap and then smoke them (the cap is pre-punched).

I've never seen a cigar wrapped in weird cinnamon paper. Really confused here.

>what can i use as an ashtray

If you're smoking outside you really don't need an ashtray.

>and how often should i de ash?

There is no specific right time to do it. When it starts getting long and looks like it might fall on your shirt, I guess.

>also its kind of important for me to inhale some smoke

Why though? Customarily, you don't inhale cigar smoke.
>>
>>29067005
Lel, as a non-smoker, I bought for 100 euros of cigares one year ago, to begin smoking, and I still have not touched them.
and I cannot sell them online, because it is illegal
>>
>>29067210
im kind of batteling my demonds
smoking almost killed my mother and i grew up hearing that smoking is pretty much the demon and well they make me scared and anxious when im near them even if they are not lith
>>
this is my order

Colon Especiales II
Don Pepin My Father Cigars No. 1 (Robusto)
Daniel Marshall DM2 Red Series Petit Corona
Camacho Triple Maduro Torpedo
La Aurora Preferidos 1903 No. 2
Montecristo Nr. 2
Vegas Robaina Unicos
Bolivar Belicosos Finos
Punch Punch Punch
Partagas Lusitanias Cabinet
Gratis: Cigarworld Logo Schwarz 313D (23mm)

is it worth learning to smoke, in order to smoke this ?
>>
>>29067255

Uh, dude, you probably should be seeing a psychologist for therapy.

Not trying to start smoking to get over an uneasiness you have of smoking.

And actually, smoking can kill you so your fear is not entirely unfounded.

I was thinking you were some guy who was interested in trying cigars for the pleasure of enjoying cigars, not someone who is trying to self-medicate his own semi-phobia.
>>
>>29067355

...how much money is this going to cost you?
>>
>>29067359
i think i burned it, its lit but no smoke is coming out
>>
>>29067380
100 euros, I already have them and I cannot sell them back, because it is illegal and I know nobody who wants them.
>>
>>29067359
plus its really fucking bitter
>>
Are you planning on smoking a cigar? Cigars are very easy to start out with, because you don't draw the smoke into your lungs like you would with blunts or cigarettes. Just let it sit in your mouth a little bit and enjoy the flavor. You can kinda feel the smoke inside your mouth, so you'll have an idea of where it is. Some people like to curl their tongue up a little bit while they're inhaling, to keep the smoke from going down their throat. I don't remember exactly how you do it, since I haven't smoked a cigar in a long time.

I don't like cigars too much, because they don't really give you a buzz like cigarettes do. You mostly smoke them for the flavor. It's nice to have one before a meal though, because things taste a little better after you've smoked a cigar, especially sandwiches and meats.
>>
>>29067405

Are you keeping them in a humidor at a proper humidity level?

Let me guess...no?
>>
>>29067434
they sit in the wooden box in which the seller put them. How can I conserve them ?
>>
>>29067427
i think i picked a strong one or its gone off because its killing me.
i really want to throw up
>>
>>29067459

You need to get a humidor and rehydrate them. Humidors are not super expensive. Maybe $30 in the US...not sure how much they cost in Europe.

Hand-rolled pure tobacco cigars must be kept in a humidor to avoid drying out.

Here is some more info.

https://www.cigarworld.com/education/how-to/how-to-rejuvenate-cigars/

Really I cannot believe you bought so many expensive cigars when you don't even smoke. 10 years from now you will look back on this and laugh.
>>
>tfw looked forward to trying a cigar for the first time
>bought some expensive $20 stick
>tasted ok I guess, made my fucking clothes smell horrible
I don't see how people do this regularly
>>
>>29067517
>10 years from now you will look back on this and laugh.
it has been 1 year and I already do

>>29067534
>>tasted ok I guess, made my fucking clothes smell horrible

this is my concern too. I cannot allow the smell to persist on my clothes
>>
>>29067486

Dude, what are you doing...

This whole thread, jesus.

Just don't smoke, dude. You're going about this whole thing in some weird way for weird reasons. I'm uncomfortable that I even explained it to you.

Chalk this whole thing up to experience.
>>
>>29067558

>it has been 1 year and I already do

You mean to tell me, you are trying to smoke handmade pure tobacco cigars that have been dried outside the humidor for an entire year?

Dude, that's nuts.

They are most likely ruined. Even if they could be rehydrated, they would never be nearly as enjoyable for a smoker as a cigar that had been properly stored.

Compost them and use them for fertilizer after 1 year.
>>
>>29067558
The smell left my clothes after a wash, and I smoked outside. It wasn't that bad but I couldn't get the damn smell away from me for about 10 minutes after I finished.
>>
>>29067564
but i dont want to be afraid anymore.
I never smoked, it makes no sense for me to be so afraid of them, i dont want to smoke forever or ever again if its so shitty.
I sat today in front of the cigar box at the gas station staring at them, i have friends who smoke, why am i so afraid of something i never tryed myself?
i just want to enjoy this thing to finally know what it is
>>
>>29067486
Are you absolutely sure you're not inhaling? Cigars should only give you nausea if you're breathing it into your lungs. That's why you don't inhale cigar smoke; cigars are much stronger than cigarettes.

Take a break, because it's not going to get any better if you keep smoking. Put it out by rubbing it against a rough surface until there's no more fire. Next time, make sure you breathe it in really lightly and try to keep it all in your mouth. It's normal to feel nauseous after smoking if you've got no tolerance to tobacco, although that's less common with cigars. It gets better the more you smoke.
>>
>>29067681
yeah, there is no smoke in my mouth
i suck the air and my mouth tastes horribly bitter but when i release there is nothing
if tried to inhale i would cof i think since i never smoked
>>
>>29067647

>but i dont want to be afraid anymore.

Maybe you should be afraid. Tobacco smoke is carcinogenic.

>I never smoked, it makes no sense for me to be so afraid of them

It actually does make sense, especially considering your mother died of a smoking-related illness.

>I sat today in front of the cigar box at the gas station staring at them, i have friends who smoke, why am i so afraid of something i never tryed myself?

Maybe because your mother nearly died of a smoking related illness? it makes perfect sense.

>i just want to enjoy this thing to finally know what it is

Don't smoke cigars to try to deal with your fear of smoking. It's a reasonable fear.

If you want to know what it is--well, it's drug use combined with the enjoyment of flavor. Nicotine (in the right dose--for non-smokers, this is usually a VERY SMALL dose) often makes people feel good.

many people enjoy the flavor of cigars.

But smoke is carcinogenic. It is toxic.

So you're reasonable to fear it to some extent.

Have you considered talking to a psychologist?
>>
>>29067606
>You mean to tell me, you are trying to smoke handmade pure tobacco cigars that have been dried outside the humidor for an entire year?
Yeah

I have just opened the box for the first time and it smells strongly. all the cigars are hard and dry.

I guess that I will give them to somebody who smoke and he will try to rehydrate them as you say.
>>
>>29067647
holy shit. is this much autism even possible?

this whole thread is just......r9k in a nutshell.
>>
>>29067681
the brand is la flor de cano, did i pick the wrong one? i bought the one that costed half of the expensive one, there where cheaper ones
>>
>>29067721
she didnt die, she almost die
she lost 80% of her respiratory capacity after being rushed to the hospital and being there for days
she is ok now considering tht it was 15 years ago but she couldnt walk for 5 years
>>
>>29067721
i stoped going to therapy a couple months ago because i conqered most of my issues, this is a smaller one. I dont need help for everything
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.