[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>there's actually people who believe in religion and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 178
Thread images: 19
>there's actually people who believe in religion and magic prophets
>shit like this still happens all the time

I'm honestly curious what a christcuck has to say about this?
>>
>>29066641
See: >>/lit/8126025
>>
>>29066665
jfc why can't I ever remember how to crosslink
>>29066641
>>>/lit/8126025
>>
File: smug.jpg (20 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
20 KB, 500x281
>>29066641
God didn't make us put tons of carcinogens in our water, food, and everyday household items. That was man.
>>
The lord worketh in mysterious ways :^)
>>
>G-GOD WORKS IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS
>M-MUH FAITH
>>
>A jealous lover of human liberty, deeming it the absolute condition of all that we admire and respect in humanity, I reverse the phrase of Voltaire, and say that, if God really existed, it would be necessary to abolish him.
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>29066641
Look up 'Just world fallacy'
>>
File: 92348672394.jpg (20 KB, 236x313) Image search: [Google]
92348672394.jpg
20 KB, 236x313
every single prophet was a robot
at worst a cyborg

and it's not just "christcucks" who believe in the prophets
>>
>>29066684
But he gave the required tools for us to do so and made it possible for us, how come you christcucks only want to give god credit when good things happen but when a donating kid gets cancer

>h-he must've done it on his own
>>
>>29066766
>But he gave the required tools for us to do so and made it possible for us

And yet ultimately we chose to do it. Blame humanity for shit like this, not God.
>>
>>29066684
By that logic we should all just stand in one spot and do nothing other then wait to die since everything we do will be at our fault and against gods will. Do you not realize how retarded you sound?
>>
Your sense of morality and goodness and justice is worldly, and he is not. Life here doesn't matter, he has less play in inner workings and individuals than you'd think. That logic is selfish logic.
>>
The average level of intelligence for humanity is still low, is why.
>>
>>29066641
>I don't know any good reason why God would allow this, therefore there is no good reason.

Think about it purely objectively and you'll understand why what you're saying doesn't make any sense. Nothing about God's existence nor his character logically follows from the occurrence of horrific events in the world.
I'm not even religious and I understand this.
>>
>>29066802
Not as retarded as religion-fags

they would just say this was a test by god, just like everything else supposedly is
>>
>>29066798
>trying to justify why a innocent 7 year old kid gets cancer

You're so brainwashed by your shit ideology its not even funny. The kid will be cured and then instead of praising doctors and medicine ONLY THEN will it be gods hand that saved him, think about your logic man I don't know how you could live with yourself being that dumb.
>>
>>29066828
>Nothing about God's character logically follows from the occurrence of horrific events
Isn't He supposed to be fucking benevolent and all powerful? Horrific shit shouldn't happen if that were the case.
>>
File: 1380772293052.jpg (18 KB, 279x279) Image search: [Google]
1380772293052.jpg
18 KB, 279x279
>>29066641
>the irony
o i am laffin all the way to hell
>>
>>29066685
>>29066728
Go study some theology, or maybe you should study up on your beloved logic; you are projecting you own biases onto a being with no biases.

See: >>29066677
Check them, then go back to /b/
>>29066766
>But he gave the required tools for us to do so and made it possible for us
Free will; it was not given btw.

Don't post online where it is hilariously simple to see through your bullshit.
>>29066802
Wrong, study theology or go back to shitposting on /b/.
>>29066828
but how would they justify their lawjickal humanitarian humanism?
>>29066834
Fear and trembling, boy; both the passages and the book go above your head.
>>29066848
Are you trolling right now or very very stupid, because you're projecting your ideology whereas Christianity isn't an ideology.
>>29066866
STUDY YOUR THEOLOGY

THIS QUESTION WAS ANSWERED IN THE OLD TESTAMENT YOU NIGNOG
>>
>>29066641

>christcuck

Otherchan pls go.
>>
>>29066901
>you are projecting you own biases onto a being that does not exist
>>
>>29066729
That christfags are stupid for believing in something that causes endless suffering. But anyone with half a brain could've told you that.
>>
>>29066901
Holy shit you are one sad fuck...

Typical religious idiot, doesn't know what to say so just spews out bullshit.
>>
>>29066866
So you somehow know what perfect goodness would be like? Also like I said before, why should we expect to know God's reasons for allowing anything? Isn't he conceived of as all-knowing? It seems ridiculous to think that we would know why an all-knowing being does what he does, right?
>>
>>29066821
>he has less play in inner workings and individuals than you'd think.

>All the processes of nature are at His direction (Genesis 8:22; Psalms 107:33-34, Psalms 107:38; Jeremiah 31:35).
>His care, for example, extends to the smallest of His creatures: He gives the beasts their food (Psalms 147:9).
>Behind every circumstance is the Lord (Amos 3:6).
>God's care extends to all individuals, and especially to His people (1 Peter 5:7).
>He delivers His people from trouble (Psalms 23:5; Psalms 34:7; Psalms 107:2).
>God is in complete control when His people are persecuted (Acts 8:1, 4; Philippians 1:28-29).
>He gives a sure footing in life to the righteous (Psalms 33:18-19).
>He supplies every need of His children according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:19), guaranteeing that everything in life will be worked out for the spiritual and eternal good that God has in view for them (Rom 8:28).
>>
>>29066997
So if your mom gets gangraped and then cancer a few years later that's all part of gods big old plan isn't it :^)
>>
If a God existed you people wouldn't have to fight so hard to prove that he does.
>>
>>29067085
>God is an asshole therefore it doesn't exist

Do you have any idea how illogical you sound?
>>
I hate jesus bitches.
My mom's a jack mormon (mormon but, doesn't follow all the strict rules and sees herself as totally legit christian)
Such delusional idiots. I can't stand them.

Religiousness is truly a trait of the normie.
All that just world hypothesis bullshit.
>>
>God makes free will a literal impossibility(the person you are is simply the result of your genes and external influences)
>punishes us for things he made us do
I want normalfags to explain this.
>>
>>29067085
I'm not religious, so no :^)))
>>
>>29066929

>>29066948
God does not cause suffering, it is atheists and other heretics that cause suffering.

You are given that ability because slavery to all of mankind would be far worse.
>>29066949
Stop projecting, it isn't helping you.

Study your theology, or stop trying to discuss theology.

Think of it this way: a STEMsperg like you would not enjoy seeing some 10th grader try to relate precalc to tensor calculus because the in-between comprehension is entirely missing.
>>29066997
but muh humanitarian utilitarian progressive transnigger buzzwordbuzzwordbuzzword fucking white males ethics!
>>29067043
Nice far-off interpretation.

This is why you need to study your theology; Christian Theology is damn ancient and existed before Christianity due to the nature of Christianity, to disregard it and treat it like reading your popsci novels or erotic fantasy is unrelenting anti-intellectualism -- it is equivalent to book burning.
>>29067085
IF THIS PERFECT, INFALLIBLE BEING THAT CAN DO LITERALLY ANYTHING AND IS BEYOND EVERYTHING FOLLOWS A PLAN LAID SINCE WHO KNOWS WHEN THEN THERE IS NO GOD HAHAHAHAHA PRAISE DAWKINS
>>29067093
False, read up on that 'fear and trembling' I posted.

You know, lurk more.
>>29067125
>God makes free will a literal impossibility(the person you are is simply the result of your genes and external influences)
False.
>>
>>29067104
No one can still answer why god does what he does in the world he supposedly created, you christcucks are delusional and every time someone actually says something logical that questions your dumbass religion you guys crap your pants and have no idea what to say, just fuck off.
>>
>>29067043
I am not sure if Christianity is the right interpretation of God, but I'm sure there's a creator. I was basically spouting my perception.
>>
>god cant exist cause things i dont like happen
convince me this is even worth addressing
>>
>>29067159
>False
No, true. Free will is impossible for humans.
>>
>>29067093
this
Christians wouldn't have to provide any arguments or force to expand their religion. They would use their magical powers like the book of Acts describes. I've never seen a christian use telekinesis to blind people or prove they can't be poisoned by snakes
>>
God doesn't have any say here, so he's not going to interfere in this world, why would you think that?

God left us to our own devices after we got evicted from Eden. We asked for this, essentially this is the realm of Satan, free will and all that jazz. Well mankind.made our bed, and.now we're lying in it.

I'm Agnostic BTW.
>>
>>29067175
It really shouldn't be, but is is because people actually believe it.
>>
>>29067159
>it's a butthurt christfag with no real argument episode
I love these
>>
>>29067165
Everything is too perfect, their had to be a creator to have designed something so perfect.
>>
>>29067223
>Free will
KEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKK
Lie in your bed and die in it, retard.
>>
File: 1457701872013.png (40 KB, 825x635) Image search: [Google]
1457701872013.png
40 KB, 825x635
>>29066901
>Go study some theology, or maybe you should study up on your beloved logic; you are projecting you own biases onto a being with no biase
>>
>>29067248

>Everything is too perfect

Whatever you're smoking I want some.
>>
>>29067165
Oh, well you responded to the OP that said
>I'm honestly curious what a christcuck has to say about this?
So it was only natural to assume you were a christcuck
>>
File: 1465090423852.jpg (45 KB, 700x500) Image search: [Google]
1465090423852.jpg
45 KB, 700x500
>>29066685

>Le mysterious ways meme

Can't tell if a joke or legitimate retardation
>>
>>29066901

I thought the old testament doesn't matter anymore? I'm an atheist.
>>
>>29067294
Well I can tell that you are a retard for not being able to tell that was a joke
>>
>>29066929
Missed this one:

An omnipotent being need not exist to 'act' or save.
>>29067119
Mormons aren't Christian and are essentially atheists, perhaps you shouldn't call a billy goat a lamb and then declare yourself a lamb expert after living your life with the billy goats.
>>29067163
Stop trolling, you're as logical as a 3-year-old and as hypocritical as yer mother.
>>29067200
t. STEM undergrad with a child's understanding of the philosophy of science or epistemology
>>29067238
You can't read, can you reddit frogposter?
>>29067248
Ontological arguments are extremely atheistic, the Lord needs no justification.
>>29067272
No, you're that picture though.

I'm arguing through your frame when need-be and expecting you to follow said frame or abandon it.

Comprehension of theology is needed to argue theology.
>>29067287
>>29067294
IM A PEPE XDDDDDDDDDDDD LE KEK XDDDDDDDDDDDD
>>29067300
>I thought the old testament doesn't matter anymore?
>I'm an atheist.
Of course an atheist would believe this.
>>
>>29067248

Are you a retard? In all honestly, are you? Everything is PERFECT?
>>
>>29067159
I just read a summary of that Fear and Trembling you mentioned. It just seemed like a man jumping through tremendous hoops in order to justify his faith. It's sad, because it seems like he had genuine doubts but used his convoluted philosophical mumbo jumbo in order to justify his faith.

What it boils down to is this:
Many religions have come and gone, with people basing their entire moral compass on them. What makes yours so special? Because it's the one that exists today? Religions are a dime a dozen. This religion will die out like all the others, only this time I think we might actually end up with a majority athetist society. I think people will still find ways to be ignorant but it'll be an end of an era.
>>
>omniscient benevolent god
>unnecessary suffering exists
>god works in mysterious ways :^D

YOU OBVIOUSLY DIDNT STUDY THEOLOGY KEK XD AMRITE HAHAHA
>>
>>29067223
I never ate the forbidden fruit why cany i live in eden?
>>
>>29067323
>being a believer of the cuckiest religion most likely a non Catholic too so even more of a cuck
Embarrassing tbqh family
>>
>>29067323

>Of course an atheist would believe this.

That was my first message to you. What I meant was that there is a consensus among modern western Christians that the OT is void, and only the NT matters. I have a lot of respect for the OT for the ass kicking it gives to degenerates, but I got very disappointed when I found out that it is considered void now.
>>
>>29067348
This This THIS.

>there's over 4,000 religions in the world but MINE is correct, nobody else's, the others will burn in hell

Christcucks are as dumb as a bag of rocks.
>>
>>29067248
Nice bait

Oregano rosemary
>>
>>29067248
>>29067324
Yeah everything. The way the universe magically came to be, the way a planet randomly appeared from apparently nowhere which coincidently had the perfect conditions to create life.
And how that life perfectly evolved into intelligent beings. It's too perfect.
For example, humans trying to create AI or robots. Sooner or later they will come up with the perfect design that will be successful, only it took many trial and error.
God created us perfectly.
Not to mention the design of the right ecosystems and nature which allows us to live.
>>
That kid could have been the next brutal genocidal dictator or serial killer

gods taking out the trash
>>
>>29066901
You are right the question was answered in the Old Testament. In Genesis, God put Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden and they ate from the tree of knowledge of good and evil. Apparently that was bad, and they were supposed to know it was bad even though they didn't have knowledge of good and evil yet. God punishes them because of this, and sin and death are put into the world. People being sinful is justification for a ton of murder sprees by God that even kill children, but this is completely moral, because humans all are sinful. One really good example of God's benevolence in the Old Testament occurs when David impregnates Bathsheeba, and kills her husband. To punish David for this God kills David's and Bathsheeba's child that did absolutely nothing. It truly shows how just and merciful God is, so all of you God hating atheists need to read the Old Testament and some theology.
>>
>>29067324
>>29067278
it is for chad and stacy, checkmate atheists
>>
File: 1444484071814.jpg (36 KB, 400x460) Image search: [Google]
1444484071814.jpg
36 KB, 400x460
>>29067323

>taking refuge in otherworldly ideas because reality scares you so much and you're so weak willed you can't handle life on your own

wew fucking lad you cuck
>>
>>29067430

>Christcucks

OTHERCHAN GET OUT
>>
File: Rewards of the atheist .jpg (99 KB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
Rewards of the atheist .jpg
99 KB, 375x375
>>29066641

>Atheism pt.1
>>
>>29067383
It isn't about you. It's about mankind as a collective, we carry the original sin. Living here in this world, it's embedded in our nature to sin.
That's why it's so easy to lose your innocence and why it's easy to hate and hard to live.
God showed us the way, through the death of Jesus Christ and all that stuff. But as a collective, very few are saved. Mankind is still not ready to open their eyes.

From.what I've read
>>
File: Atheist & agnostic.png (20 KB, 419x760) Image search: [Google]
Atheist & agnostic.png
20 KB, 419x760
>>29066641

>Atheism pt 2
>>
Good thing happens

>OH GOD THE LORD IS GREAT GOD IS ALMIGHTY HE IS AMAZING LET ME SUCK HIS GREAT COCK

bad thing happens

>god works in mysterious ways and the person brought this all onto themselves, this isn't an act of god but yet an act of the universe upon this individual

Christcucks can never make there mind up.
>>
>>29067485
>watching report about stacy losing her legs on a roller coaster
>>
>>29066641
This was a kid obsessed with cancer. He thought about cancer so much, he literally memed it into existence. There's your magick.
>>
>>29067323
>god is real because my special ideas are real and my special ideas have to be real because if they weren't real then god wouldn't be real but god is real so my special ideas are real therefore god exists
>>
File: 1464568938735.png (2 MB, 2000x1768) Image search: [Google]
1464568938735.png
2 MB, 2000x1768
>>29067549
>Implying that spitting out children is a good thing

Good grief my dude just stop it now before you embarrass yourself even more
>>
>>29067554

>Implying religious people think like that
>>
>>29067588

>Implying the abandonment of religion isn't a root cause of everything wrong with the West

That and immigration
>>
>>29067348
>I just read a summary of that Fear and Trembling you mentioned. It just seemed like a man jumping through tremendous hoops in order to justify his faith.
This is why nobody in theology takes you people seriously.

Above your head.
>xdddddd ill just read le plot synopsis of le arguments xddddddd im so le logical xdddddddddddd its le 2016 you fucking white people (im transnigger btw)
>>29067366
Yes, because that question was already answered over two thousand years ago. Do not speak on something you have a toddler's comprehension of.

>>29067386
HAHAHAHAHAHAAHA FUCKING LE MEMES HAHAHA XDDDDDDDDDDD MEMEMS!!!!
>>29067411
No, only some protestants and actual cults like Mormonism believe this.

They are two separate collections of books, brought together into a 'story' of Christianity. You filth are dismissing literature beyond anything you have seen or read.
>>29067430
LE KEK XDDDDD I DONT UNDERSTAND THE CONCEPT OF FAITH AND ACTUALLY BELIEVE THE 'HELL' MEME I HEARD FROM MY BUMFUCK SINGLE MOTHER SO IT MUST BE 100% HELD BY ALL OF THEM XDDDDD I AM LE SMARTER THAN EVERYBODY BEFORE ME LE GENIUS XDDDDDD
>>29067476
I'll answer this the same way John Milton did in Paradise Loft:

Faith supercedes everything, even the potential to further please God.

btw reading the OT doesn't mean you understand the theology around it. Did you fail high school English?
>>29067506
Projecting
>>29067545
All are saved, for some it takes longer than others.
>>29067554
HAHAHA MEMES I DONT ACTUALLY UNDERSTAND CHRISTIANITY AND THINK NEW AGE CHRISTIAN HERETICS ARE CHRISTIANS SO IF THEY SAY THINGS THEN IT MUST BE TRUE OF ALL OF THEM XDDDD IM SO SMART SMARTER THAN ALL THOSE FUCKING WHITE MALES BEFORE ME (transnigger, kings etc.)
>>29067590
BUT HOW ELSE WILL I DEFEND MY HUMANITARIAN UTILITARIAN PRAGMATIC PROGRESSIVE TRANS-ETHICS!!?!!!!!!!
>>
>>29067561
and whats the problem? just easier access for chad, check mate.
>>
Friendly reminder that God saw it necessary for scores of little kids to get shot and killed point-blank at Sandy Hook.
>>
>>29067554
Stop projecting. No Christian said those things ever and you're just making them as what you think Christians say to validate your own beliefs and opinions.
>>
>>29067616
Way to completely change the topic from child-birthing to immigration but whatever.
>>
>>29067443
>God created us perfectly.

A perfect being would be immortal.
>>
>>29067644
Read this whole thread over you fucking moron.
>>
>>29067639
Lots of bad things happened in history, its the price we pay for sin.
>>
>>29067538
To me, it's about being the god of your own reality
>>
>>29067631
He's so mad holy shit hahahahah
>>
>>29067631
Possibly the most butt blasted christcuck I've ever seen.
>>
>>29067680
>people sin so innocent children have to be murdered
God is a fucking cunt.
>>
>>29066641
Op's pic is of a Normie BTFO
>>
>>29067678
Maybe you should instead of shitposting?
>>29067693
You tell yourself that, trendhopper.
>>29067694
>>29067702
Stop projecting, trolls.
>>29067709
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH WHY DOES THING I DONT LIKE HAPPEN THERE IS NO GOD IF THERW WAS I WOULD HAVE GF AND NOT BE A VIRGIN AT 19
>>
>>29067631
So much salt in one post wew lad
>>
>>29067668
We are immortal anon, you have the ability to pro-create.
You pass on your genetic code, which is essentially you.
>>
File: 1456468367897.png (4 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1456468367897.png
4 KB, 500x500
>>29066641
>Kid gives from the bottom of his heart to help those in need
>God removes him from this world and saves him from the suffering and corruption of growing up
What's the issue?
>>
>>29067726
>tfw You will never be this bootyblasted
feels good lads
>>
File: 1460955800060.jpg (17 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1460955800060.jpg
17 KB, 480x360
I'm not a theologist but I'll give it a go the way I understand it.

Humanity is tainted by sin, which was the original 'corruptor'. It brought us down from an otherwise-perfect state. This means we decay, and it seems to me this is the biblical explanation if you will for diseases like cancer. We brought it on ourselves even though God told us not to (and continue to do so, just look at us).

>But that means God isn't almighty if he let us do that!

Not so fast. God made us to have fellowship; he didn't want to have puppets. It clearly states in scripture that we are given free will; we have had it since the beginning.

Does God still know what's going to happen? Yes, because he knows the heart of every human and can deduce those events. Does he intervene from time to time if he sees fit? Perhaps. I have had events in my life that seemed extremely unlikely to have just 'happened'. But we have no way of truly knowing what is or isn't divine intervention. Frankly it's not worth worrying about.

The point of Christianity is not to have an awesome life on Earth, or even a long one. It won't get you rich. The point of Christianity is to understand that the world IS evil, and that humanity IS wrapped up in Satans evil by our own choice. The point of Christianity is to understand that this is transient. The wickedness of the world, all our trials, are a crucible for our faith that something better is waiting for us when we are done, and there we will have no pain. The point is to help others see that as well, and understand, and to offer them Jesus as we know him.

I want everyone to think about that and consider salvation. I won't try to force anyone in to it ever, certainly not online, but I'm wrong to not make the suggestion. You don't have anything to lose really; if you did you wouldn't be here.

Salvation is gained by repenting and accepting Christ, not by works. However, true salvation is EVIDENCED by works. Chicken before the egg.
>>
>>29067680
your mom dies a horrible death of gangrape and mutliation

>t-this is just the price we have to pay for s-sinning
>>
>>29067709
Not Gods fault anon.

When Adam ate that apple, it became Mankind's destiny. Blame Satan since it was his manipulation of Adam and Eve which led to this.
>>
>>29067726
Do you honestly believe atheism is a trend?
>>
>>29067631
Woah dude nice ad hominems throwing without actually addressing what I said.

Look, if you have the gene that makes it so your brain starts to swell when someone challenges your insane beliefs it's fine. Just lie down, relax and don't get involved in US politics.
>>
>>29067754
Can't blame him christianity is the cucks religion there's a reason why cucks are 99% from christian white countries. See >>29067726
>>29067631
>>
>>29067752

>It clearly states in scripture that we are given free will

No it doesn't. The term "free will" does not appear in the Old Testament or New Testament even one time.
>>
>>29067631

>You filth

You see, this is why Christians lost their momentum. Do you remember in late 2014 when the redneck revivalist Christians were spamming fedora memes and being rude to everyone, all over the Internet? Hell, you even tried to 'revive' Christianity in real life too and it failed.

The problem is Christians, not anybody else. You are the intolerant ones, you and only you.
>>
>>29067776

>When Adam ate that apple, it became Mankind's destiny. Blame Satan since it was his manipulation of Adam and Eve which led to this.

What caused Satan to manipulate Adam and Eve?
>>
>>29067754
Its a potential evil, I could be hit by a bus tomorrow, one never knows. But do I blame God? No.
>>
File: 1463777242025.gif (771 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
1463777242025.gif
771 KB, 500x282
>>29067726
>>29067631

>find argument that hurts you or that you didn't practise how to counter
>p-p-projecting! HAHAHAHA
>>
>>29067726
>>29067776
>I'm not looking at the objective universal view so it's understandable I don't understand why our lord and master allows the slaughter of innocents
Still don't see how this doesn't make him a cunt.
>>
>2016
>believes in a fucking fairytale written by some animal-sacrificing nomadic goat fuckers in the middle east
>>
>>29067837
I don't know the answer really, since Satan was a fallen angel I guess he just did it because he could, he maybe wanted to see how mankind could live or survive without God.
Maybe he just wanted to doom us.
>>
>>29067801
But the essence does.
http://www.gotquestions.org/free-will.html

Even simpleton-tier Got Questions has a decent article.

https://www.openbible.info/topics/free_will
>All that choosing going on
>All those paths to take
>>
>>29067861

God can't have free will.

First because free will is incoherent, secondly because if God is omniscient, he knows everything he will ever do, meaning he cannot do other than that which he knows he will do, for the idea that he could do other than that which he knows he will do is incoherent, because "other than that which he knows he will do" is by definition not what he knows he will do.

So God is just following his programming.
>>
>>29066641
WOW so entitled!
The world isn't a place where you put kindness coins and receive good luck!!!!
>>
>>29067883
>2016
>Not forsaking the world that this whole board says is vapid and unfulfilling
>Not finding inner peace in a religion which literally says none of that matters, and having a pretty darn good life anyway
>Not even accepting meme-tier Pascals Wager as reasonable
>>
>>29067727
>>29067751
Stop samefagging, it isn't helpful.
>>29067777
Yes, it is.

A trend and sign of the end at that.
>>29067790
FUCKING WHITE MALES ITGS FUCKING 2016 SHIEEEEET WHY AINT YALL NO TRANSNIGGER YET BOYYYYYYY(gender neutral!!!!!) AWWWW SHIEEEET DEM TIDDIES HOLLA BOOTIE FRIED CHICKEN AND GRAPE DRANK
>>29067821
Projecting, hard.

Christianity lost its momentum because of memes like 'reason' (absolute trust in reason is baseless and ergo unreasonable; does not hold to itself)
And empiricism, which employs a very mystical (i.e. unempirical) basis.
>>29067837
As before, from Paradise Loft:

It's because he's an absolute contrarian.
>>29067861
WAAAAAAAH WHY DOESNT EVERYBODY FOLLOW MY RULES?!!?!?
>>29067883
HAHAHAA LE MEMES I SAW ON LE REDDIT XDDDDDD ITS LE 2016 WHITEBOYS WHY AINT YOU NO TRANSNIGGER YET?!!?
>>29067926
>God follows my logic because it makes me feel smart!!!
>>
>>29067631
We are on 4chan this is not the place to be a grammar Nazi, don't try and derail the conversation by asking if I "failed high school English". Also, I do have a fairly well rounded understanding of the theology surrounding Christianity. I've read: the Bible (obviously), St. Augustine's Confessions, The Nature and Destiny of Man by Reinhold Neihbur, several books by C.S. Lewis, the Courage to Be by Paul TIllich, as well as lots of popular apologetics works not worth mentioning, and I can summarize the doctrinal differences between most major branches of Christianity. I learned textual criticism and Biblical exegesis from a local minister that was well versed in Greek and Hebrew as well as Middle Eastern history. In fact I was starting to study Hebrew, was about to really dig into a 13 volume set of the works of the church fathers, and was planning on attending seminary. But then, I realised it was all bullshit, and that all of the arguments that I could propose for God's existence were really just ad hoc justifications for believing in something that made me feel a bit better.
>>
>>29067892

>I don't know the answer really, since Satan was a fallen angel I guess he just did it because he could

What does it mean to do something "just because you can"?

>he maybe wanted to see how mankind could live or survive without God.

What caused him to want that?

>Maybe he just wanted to doom us.

What caused him to want to doom us?
>>
>>29067938
>Believing in cuck tier religion.
Wew at least believe in Mudslims religion and get yourself 2-3 prime teen virgin pussy or something.
>>
>>29067972
>Triggering cuck boy this hard
beautiful.
>>
>>29067972

How am I projecting? You insulted me first. I try to keep an open mind with you Christians, but you remind me of why I hated them so much before. You made me remember.

And you literally said that 'reason' is bad. How can anybody take you seriously?
>>
>>29067972

>God follows my logic because it makes me feel smart!!!

"My" logic?

Logic is logic.
>>
>>29067972

>It's because he's an absolute contrarian.

What caused him to be an "absolute contrarian"?
>>
>>29068013
I would implore you to go to an Adventist church and try one of their sermons. You can sit in the back if you just want to observe. It's far more reasonable than this guy and you'll meet pretty decent people.

A lot of the really obnoxious Christians are Southern Baptist types in my experience. That really is a whole other sub culture within the Protestant sphere.
>>
>>29067093
This. It is fucking mind-boggling that even after thousands of years of trying to defend their respective bullshits, no believer ever has been been able to come up with a shred of solid evidence. That is fucking laughable. Anyone who believes in God at this point should be ashamed to the bone and mocked harshly.
>>
>>29068022
>Logic is logic.

incorrect. google "incompleteness theorem."

There is not actually any such thing as a correct conclusion arrived at with logic. all logic serves only to justify the subjective. God's subjectivity would obviously be far beyond ours and would not be ours to judge.

Imagine if the cells in your body were like "hey, what the fuck? how can some cells say that there is a human who cares about us if some of us die in injuries for no good reason?"

god's plans surpass human concerns by so far that we can't imagine his purposes.
>>
>>29068072
This is some 1984 double think tier.

I wonder how low of an IQ you have to have in order to think in such a way.
>>
>>29068072

>god's plans surpass human concerns by so far that we can't imagine his purposes.

How do you know that?
>>
>>29068013
>And you literally said that 'reason' is bad. How can anybody take you seriously?
HOW DARE YOU QUESTION MY IDEOLOGY BTW I HATE THOSE FUCKING CHRISTIANS THEY ARE TOO STUCK IN THEIR FUCKING STUPID LE MEME KEK IDEOLOGY

You are mentally deficient and a waste of my time, but I continue to waste my time on you because patience is a virtue.

I insulted you because you are trying to be taken seriously when you have a child's understanding. Literally all you had to do is lurk more (read the fucking thread or any of the other threads I've posted in) and see a nice little analogy: a STEMsperg like you would not enjoy seeing some 10th grader try to relate precalc to tensor calculus because the in-between comprehension is entirely missing.
>>29068049
>evidence
God transcends your filthy materialism. Like I said, God need not even exist because He is truly omnipotent.
>>29068022
Logic is a cancer on creation that writhes when scrutinized by itself; I explained this but muh ideology so you filth ignored it.
>>29068048
I'm not here to be nice, I'm here to defend, and defending I am.

I'll be civil when you stop allowing the shitposters, trying to discuss something so beyond your understanding (hence, study your theology) instead of asking me questions. You don't want answers, you are curious but as evil as ever; I answer and answer but it falls on the deaf.
>>29068038
Bitterness, pride.
>>29068107
HOW DARE YOU QUESTION MY IDEOLOGY ITS FUCKING 2016 CHRISTIANS YOU SHOULD START QUESTIONING WHAT YOUR FUCKING PARENTS TOLD YOU ALREADY!!!

This is why my patience for you filth is thinning.
>>
>>29068146
>Filthy protestant calling anyone filth
ahahahahahahhaha
>>
>>29067631
>>29067977
Also, how does that Milton quote counter my argument? My claim was that Adam and Eve didnt know Good and Evil, because they hadn't eaten from the tree yet, and because of that they had no way of knowing that their action was bad. Therefore God was unjust in punishing them since he didnt give them the proper moral faculties to understand their decision. Since their punishment was sin and death being released into the world God is also unjust in killing sinners, especially children, since he caused them to be in their sinful state due to his own unjust action. How does faith superseding all things even the potential to further please God even relate to this?
>>
>>29068048

I am Canadian. No thanks. I've been told my whole life that I'll meet decent people, then I meet a certain group, and the stereotypes are always true.

>>29068013

You are literally the reverse of a fedora tipper. This was my first post to you >>29067300

So why are you so bitter? You sound like an autistic Christian sperg. Are you a virgin too? Most likely.
>>
>>29068146
You can't prove something exists if by your admission he's so high of a being that he doesn't even need to exist so that we can know his presence.
>>
>>29067639
SANDY HOOK WAS A HOAX THOUGH.
>>
You have to understand nothing is good or bad, humans just place judgements on certain events and of course view human suffering to be the worst possible thing ever.

We as humans have our own best interest in mind, but the reality is that we are not the most important beings in the universe, it just seems that way from our perspective. If we all died tomorrow it would be a tragedy for us, but it could be very beneficial to many other species and the planet itself.

Destruction, death, and decay are just as much of a natural part of the universe as creation, life, and growth.
>>
>>29068146

>Logic is a cancer on creation

Thank you, I think we're done here.
>>
>>29068109
I speak to god regularly.

I don't expect you to believe me or to change your mind about god, but I was once a militant atheist, and through hard work, soul searching, and study, I have found god's voice and I receive it.

Try to contemplate this until it clicks: there is a place inside your mind that does not respond to logic. There are many places, actually. some are instint and some are emotional, and those are lower forms of thought, but there is something higher, too. Logic and rationality are not the endpoint of human experience. There is, above it, a "soul" for want of a better term, and through it you can see the mind of god.

I asked for his knowledge and he gave me some. the suffering that it has created in me is too immense to describe. We simply cannot bear what he has to say. It would be like electing an ant president of the United States. The hardware does not exist to process the information.

All I know for sure is that suffering gets washed away in time. Whatever pain you have will be rectified. If god is not balance, god is nothing.
>>
>god doesn't want us to be puppets so he made us really naive without any knowledge of the world
>punishes us for gaining knowledge
Making us naive is the same thing as not giving us free will. We'd be too stupid to question anything.

Plus, I didn't eat that Apple. Why should I get punished for it?
>>
>>29068269

>I speak to god regularly.

So? Why should that make you believe in God?

If logic doesn't matter, then how does speaking to God make you believe in him?

Maybe duck cheese building, sixty-four, over yonder lie of?

Maybe 34 minus seven ape goat?
>>
>>29067639
Sandy Hook isn't real. The government paid actors to pose as parents for a fake shooting so the actors could then become anti gun lobbyists.

No one died in Sandy Hook.
>>
>>29068264

Should mention I don't know how god ties into all this. To me god isn't some protector saving the holy and damning the wicked, I think its just a metaphor for the basic truths of the universe, not an actual being.
>>
>>29068146
>God need not even exist because He is truly omnipotent.

Holy shit your mental reasoning faculties are impaired. I haven't seen mental gymnastics of this level in a long time. Do the world a favor and kill yourself.
>>
>>29068269
>I speak to god regularly.
Oh no bro here follow this someone can help you, you're not alone.
http://www.sane.org.uk/?gclid=CjwKEAjwm8-6BRDgnb-Dk96UmRASJADbMycYIBIzJB1_wCgPAqWa11CjYIgHSG8tbN6d3lQmujZ4RBoClQ3w_wcB
http://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/helplines/?gclid=CjwKEAjwm8-6BRDgnb-Dk96UmRASJADbMycYO-co4jzMAftlHoGaWwDQxolCiY2JyX8xPxPv35xY4BoCuwLw_wcB
http://www.samaritans.org/how-we-can-help-you/what-speak-us-about/signs-you-may-be-struggling-cope/giving-yourself-strength?gclid=CjwKEAjwm8-6BRDgnb-Dk96UmRASJADbMycYKR2ix-R02EWqZdq6f8WjjSPqQ-_9n6mMghJy7cqrIBoClvTw_wcB
http://www.bridgementalhealth.org/?gclid=CjwKEAjwm8-6BRDgnb-Dk96UmRASJADbMycYBNs0NErrJjmIeOHZO0fB9TvTM9eH0etEj6oRToUCihoC1Onw_wcB
>>
File: praise_kek.jpg (651 KB, 1024x1212) Image search: [Google]
praise_kek.jpg
651 KB, 1024x1212
There is only one true lord! Praised be The KEK!
>>
>>29068304
I didn't say logic doesn't matter. logic is obviously extremely importnat for human governance and progress. it just doesn't -- and cannot ever -- tell us anything about meaning or about purpose. The only way to know that is through the soul.
>>
>>29068304
better yet if logic is not important how do you trust anything god "says"? You have no means of proving he's being honest with you because logic is trivial
>>
>>29068332

>it just doesn't -- and cannot ever -- tell us anything about meaning or about purpose. The only way to know that is through the soul.

And the soul is illogical, right?

So the soul blueberry monkey, 3211, four, the Hindenburg, six, five seven, silica, tomorrow?
>>
File: kekthegreat.png (60 KB, 904x692) Image search: [Google]
kekthegreat.png
60 KB, 904x692
>>29068327
Those who will pray to The True Lord, The KEK, will be blessed with a gift of qt3.14 gf. Roll dubs and it will happen before the end of the year.
>>
>>29068189
'knowing good and evil' is an elaborate kind of allegory; in short, they knew 'good', but could not differentiate that from evil and took all things on untested faith (in this example, they defied their only rule due to the influence of a vermin -- snakes have always been symbolic of malice.)

>God is also unjust
Impossible.

>How does faith superseding all things even the potential to further please God even relate to this?
Why should I waste my time on the deaf? You fail to understand this; you continue to project YOUR MORALITY onto a perfect being; you're beyond any virtue I have and I hope you fuck off and let me sleep.
>>29068194
Please stop projecting, it isn't healthy.
>>29068229
Ontological arguments are 'secretly atheist'.

God needs no justification.
>>29068267
muh ideology how dare you question me and give a complete explanation as to why im wrong its fucking 2016 i have to be right because it would hurt my feelings if i werent
>>29068304
Nice fallacy, very logical of you right there.

You stand for something you don't believe in. >>29068310
Christian Heresies are becoming more and more popular every year.
>>29068316
OMG UR DUMB 4 SAYIGN THING THAT ISN;T ;E SCIENCE FEDORA REDDIT COMMON SNESE
>>29068318
>bruh we tots dont project our BEER WEED MEMES XDDDD ideology onto people we're nice PUSY WEED BEER TRUCKS liberal moderate ASS MUSIC WEEDBEER ppl.
>>29068332
Human governance and progress are both evil.
>>29068366
Yes Anon, logical fallacies really defends your position.

Whereas my logical refutation of logic (it doesn't take itself seriously, hence a logical person such as yourself shouldn't either) is mocked.
>>
>>29067693
>being the god of your own reality
so you deliberately choose to be a virgin and robot?
>>
>>29068269
>>29068332
I honestly wished deep down that you were just a 16 year old le trolling people I still wish you were but you sound like a real retard now.
>>
>>29068405

>Nice fallacy, very logical of you right there.

30249usa;df. a345a3j;kh'icshf., blue.

Green.

Green.

Green.

34083y;iha;fh;a9p3hf
>>
>>29068366
I understand what you're doing by using nonsense words to try to mock the concept of a non-logical form of meaning. you're expressing how ridiculous it sounds to you. I promise you that this is your own limitation and emotional attachment to your intelligence getting in your way of true understanding. You want to feel smart, powerful, and ion control of your life so much that when someone comes to you with answers that require you to surrender your feelings of superiority, you mock them as if they are a lunatic.

I don't expect you to change your mind right away, but I do ask that you relax your attachment to the idea that everything in all of reality has an answer in logical, rational thinking.
>>
Reminder that god didn't want us to know the difference between good and evil to make us retarded for eternity.
Also, if good is all good then he can't be all powerful.
>>
>>29068422

>. I promise you that this is your own limitation and emotional attachment to your intelligence getting in your way of true understanding. You want to feel smart, powerful, and ion control of your life so much that when someone comes to you with answers that require you to surrender your feelings of superiority, you mock them as if they are a lunatic.

I'm not "in control of my own life".

I'm bound by the laws of cause and effect.

I'm not superior to you by some "free will". I'm only superior in the fact that I haven't thrown away logic because of a mental illness.
>>
>This all fucking thread
>>
>>29068453
>Also, if good is all good then he can't be all powerful.
hurr durr ill repost an ancient argument that has been shoved up its own ass and back again hundreds of times before even neoplatonics existed
>>29068464
You are inferior, actually.
>I'm bound by the laws of cause and effect.
becuz i sed so

Refute my refutation of logic, it's rock solid by your own filthy ideology and is only one of thousands that exist.

Trend-hopping subhumans like you wouldn't know logic if it broke them.
>>
>>29068464
but I told you twice that I haven't thrown away logic. You insist that I have because you want to demonize me. I don't deserve that. I'm not being hurtful to you. I'll say it a third time: logic is really important. It just can't tell you anything about meaning or purpose or why you're here.

Logic can tell you HOW you got here. It can tell you HOW you work. It ce investigate and describe all thephysical things that make up your body and mind. But it can never tell you why.

Once you understand that, you'll be on your first step beyond the flat, gross materialism that blinds you from your true self.
>>
File: PW7kLQA.jpg (463 KB, 1362x779) Image search: [Google]
PW7kLQA.jpg
463 KB, 1362x779
christcucks getting btfo as usual
>>
>>29068503
I'll even give you all night to think of something, because I'm going to bed.

If a 'sane' and 'le logical-reason' genius such as yourself can't do it, then give up your idol-worship.
>>29068535
Keep telling yourself that, troll.
>>
>>29068528

But your "God" is beyond logic.

So if he 3023h4, 34oh;iadf089ah390h3akl, 3o8h4ridf

You cay say I'm saying that because I want to be superior, but that would be bullshit.

if your god is beyond logic, he's literally meaningless.

He's just a pile of incoherence
>>
>>29068503
What a sad sad cockroach.
How come only Amerilards can produce these mentally ill people? It's like the rest of the world has mentally challenged and ill people but the American ones are of their own league.
>>
>>29068072
>>29068405
>>29068072
Godel's incompleteness theorems only pose a problem to attempts at creating foundational axioms for all of mathematics. They do not pose a problem for formal logic as long as you accept the axioms that it is based on. Which are the principle of non contradiction "x can't also be not x", the identity principle "x is x" , and the law of the excluded middle "y is either x or not x". Those three precepts certainly aren't "subjective" in the sense that almost all of the people who have ever lived act as if those are true.
I'm also the "deaf" guy that is trying to project "my morality" (common decency) on to God. I hope you get a good night's rest though, so I wont bother you anymore.
>>
>>29068503
Different guy.
>refutation of logic
So that's why godfags hate logic, it's because their god hated it in the first place, that's why he didn't want Adam and Eve to eat the Apple.
>>
>>29068655
When christians need medicine, electricity, safe food, and cell phones they trust logic. But when someone calls them out on some bullshit, suddenly it's meaningless
>>
>cancer
more like SCIENCE
am i right guys, haha
BAZINGA!
>>
>christ
more like SCIENCE
am i right guys, haha
BAZINGA!
>>
>>29068146
>God need not even exist because He is truly omnipotent.
troll confirmed
>>
>God
more like SCIENCE
am i right guys, haha
BAZINGA!
>>
>>29066641
Kek that's what you get for helping people
>>
>religion
more like SCIENCE
am i right guys, haha
BAZINGA!
>>
>>29068786
>people
more like SCIENCE
am i right guys, haha
BAZINGA!
>>
>>29068698
>christians
more like SCIENCE
am i right guys, haha
BAZINGA!
>>
Humans don't matter. You're barely real to God.
>>
>>29068823
>Humans don't matter. You're barely real to God.

more like SCIENCE
am i right guys, haha
BAZINGA!
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 366x286) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 366x286
>>29066641
God wanted the boy to be prepared with a stock of his own luscious hair for when he got cancer.
>>
>>29068554
I'm very sorry that you tried the same nonsense text thing again. that was sad to read. it's very disappointing to see people who value intelligence have such closed minds.

Why do you believe that "beyond logic" means "incoherent"? Do you actually think that there are only two ways of thinking, logical and illogical, and that one is right and one is wrong? are you aware that emotions are illogical, but people use them to great effect in everyday life anyway? You cannot reason with what someone wants. You cannot apply logic to make someone not be hungry or not be gay. if you accept that, it should not be too hard to imagine that there is another illogical part of ourselves that is ABOVE the logical mind, not below, like emotion and impulse.
>>
>>29068842
>le 3deep5u
>>
>>29068842
Different guy here but the main problem with your reasoning is, that you are making logical inferences (on how to act for example) from something that you propose as being illogical. And emotions are not a counterexample to logic. They are often irrational, NOT illogical. They may appear to be, but the formation of emotions, the underlying physicality of it, is fully logical.
>>
>>29066684

What about all radiation types, you know, the natural ones.
>>
>>29068405

Anon, saying "omg ur projecting" is a weak blanket argument that leftists tend to use. Leftists are great at trying to play mind games, because they have no substance to their arguments to begin with. Without their smug arrogance, they would have nothing to say, and you are behaving like a typical leftist right now.
>>
>>29066641
>implying death is a bad thing and tragedy/obstacles don't lead to tremendous amounts of growth and strength.
>>
>>29067323
Don't bother, atheists are incapable of comprehending anything outside their own reddit mindsets.
Thread replies: 178
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.