[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Times your parents have crushed and undermined your confidence?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
Times your parents have crushed and undermined your confidence?

>be 19
>my brother in law and his friends were working on his outdoor patio made from timber
>my dad was there
>I had been in woodwork at school since year 8
>brother in law asks me to cut a piece of timber on the drop saw
>"finally, this is my chance to prove I'm not an incapable retard with no use!"
>to get an accurate cut I was about to employ a method of lining up the blade against the measured line while the machine is off
>there are like 10+ people there, all watching me, including my dad
>"finally, sweet juicy independence, no one will look down on me after this! Today I am a man!"
>as I lower the still blade against the wood my dad yells at me in front of everyone "Don't turn it on while it's against the wood!"
>hopes and dreams destroyed
>confidence gone
>5 years later and I'm still living with dad, virgin, no friends, no job
>>
OP here, another time...

>feel inspired one night
>want to go to the club and bring a girl back home, tonight I'll be alpha
>say to my dad that I'm going clubbing tonight and ask him if it's OK to bring back a girl
>his reply to me was "Why do you think that would happen?"
>>
Another time:

>Tell my dad I'm moving out soon
>He replies "Have fun on your "trip", I'll be here so you can move back in"
>>
Btw I'm a girl, don't reply to my post you silly boys. Fembot thread ;p
>>
>>29066109
>>29066177
>>29066237
Your dad is a fucking asshole OP.
>>
>>29066109
Everyday of my life. They thought it was funny you give me the nickname of Useless, or Dumbass. My mom tells me how much of a loser I am all the time, and my father has never trusted me with anything. They never thought me anything it's like I never had parents to guide me.
>>
>clothes shopping with my mom
>without asking she checks the tag on the back of my pants to see what size I wore
it's embarrassing enough clothes shopping with your mother at 22 but I died a little inside that day
>>
Your Dad is just looking out for you

>>29066109
>saved you from fucking up the wood by turning on the saw while touching, which would've knocked the wood out and caused the blade to jump. Potentially very dangerous

>>29066177
>Saved you from crushing humiliation and rejection and wasting your money on alcohol

>>29066237
>Saving you heaps of money by allowing you to stay at his house.
>Worries about your lack of life skills and wants to help you grow before you leave.
>>
>>29066824
God I wish this was true. If only he didn't reply the way he did I could believe that. With a snarky mean tone of voice and a devilish grin enjoying the feeling of humiliating his youngest son.
>>
>>29066770
>tfw size 29 :((
>>
>>29066109
this reminds me of something unrelated but I'm putting it here anyway because fuck you. When I was young (probably 14 or 15), we were building our deck and my dad decided it would be a good chance to teach me about hard work or something. I ended up doing all the measuring, cutting, and assembling under his instruction without any kind of powertool. Seriously just using a handsaw, screwdriver, manual drill, and a measuring tape. My forearms felt like they were going to explode 24/7 while we built that mother fucker. It was worth it though, it was a valuable experience. It taught me good work ethic and I have to say made me close to being a man. Good character builder.
>>
>>29066993
So he was a lazy ass and you built the deck?
>>
>Obese as a child
>Obese through my teen years
>Obese as a young adult
>Finally decide in my early 20's to eat right, exercise, and get in shape
>Tell my parents my plans to prepare healthy meals each day and work towards a goal of completing a 5k by the end of the year
>They barely stop themselves from laughing
Took that reaction for me to realize that no one will ever really be unconditionally supportive of me other than myself.
>Few years later
>Lost over 160lbs, in shape, looking and feeling better than ever
>Parents eventually started copying what I had done to get the same results
>Expect me to be supportive and motivating now that they're trying to be healthy
Everyone's a cunt.
>>
>>29066993
I'm glad. Hearing how other people have had positive relationships with their parents gives me hope there are people who will succeed where I failed.
>>
>>29066109
If you were using a nice Makita like that one, I wouldn't want you to fuck up the blade either. We had some asshole in our shop destroy the blade by cutting steel with it one time.
>>
>dad bitches at me in front of people about bullshit
>tell him to shut the fuck up faggot
>we have some bantz, maybe some yelling
>go about our day and move on

are all guys on this board filled with estrogen or something? I'm a paranoid shizoid recluse delusional nutjob who never leaves his house and even I'm not that fucking pathetic

men talk shit to each other

it doesn't matter if the other guy is right you talk shit back and call him a fucker

both of you know he's right but it's about the banter man

fuck get your shit together you losers
>>
>>29067209
Not all families are the same. I once raised my voice to my dad and he didn't talk to me for weeks.
>>
>>29067209
This is how my relationship is with every male in my family since I turned 18. I was instantly treated with respect and suddenly my opinion was equal to theirs. My uncles would take me out drinking and clubbing.
>that feel when you followed your job to another state and you now live hundreds of miles from your family and don't get to hang out with them much
>that feel when last year was the first time you couldn't make it home for Thanksgiving to go deer hunting with dad
>>
Just bumping this thread, looking for feels.
>>
>>29066824
>>29067096
I think OP wasn't going to turn the machine on when the blade was close to the wood. He was just checking if it cuts accurately.
In greentext:
>machine is off
>lower the blade against the wood
>check if the blade falls to the line
>raise the blade so it won't touch the wood
>move the wood if necessary (the blade didn't touch the line)
>repeat the above steps until the blade touches the line when lowered
>the blade is raised
>turn the machine on and lower the blade until it cuts the wood
>raise the blade when ready and turn the machine off
>>
>>29067209
This. I give my dad shit when he's acting like a cunt. KEK it must suck to have dads that can't handle banter
>>
>>29066109
except you don't cut wood that way you brainless fucking tard

my story fuckers
>had this thing under my skin on my left cheek
>felt like a pea, same size and squishiness
>fuck yes it's a cyst, I jerk off to watching those get popped
>can't slice down to it due to fat
>get hypodermic needle
>plunge that sharp bitch into the pea, only clear liquid gets drained though
>skin pea is kill
>leave needle on my desk

>have tasty sherbet, fucking spilled it due to clumsiness right next to my needle on the desk
>don't clean it up
>after a while I'm walking with Dad in town and he really solemnly asks me about the needle and white powder on my desk
>mfw he thinks I'm some druggo shitstain
>mfw I was living in a fucking caravan in his backyard
>mfw lowest point of my life

he also thinks I'm gay and I know the only way to gain any of his respect ever again is to at least show him a picture of me with a girl hugging or some shit
>>
>>29069293
>except you don't cut wood that way
I've seen my woodwork teachers do it multiple times, that's where I learnt it.
>>
>>29066109
>Tfw you can relate to you guys and now even more worthless.
>>
>>29067319
>that feel when there are rednecks on ya board
>>
>>29069371
>that feel when there are CITYBOYS on your board
Yeehaw, motherfucker.
>>
>>29066109
>sharing anything personal with your parents
>wanting to form a connection with your parents
>wanting to "prove yourself" to them
You deserve it. The only one you should live for is yourself. The only difference between your parents and random strangers is that they were obligated to take care of you. I interact with my parents the same way I do with coworkers - only talk to them enough to keep them from bothering you
>>
>>29069465
Were your parents close to you growing up?

I don't expect you to reply, seems you just want to shit on people in the thread and go to the next one, you have problems I imagine, why else are you here
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.