[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My Twisted World
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 11
File: maxresdefault.jpg (183 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
183 KB, 1280x720
Can we get a Saturday night/Sunday morning Elliot Rodgers thread?

I just started listening to "My Twisted World" audiobook and I wanna talk with somebody about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_T_cFA9lrQ&list=PLXOY6LHThPAPogZHGmKvTDipNsHDZPSzc
>>
Has anybody read the whole thing?
>>
>>29064970
where are all the Elliot threads in general ? Haven't seen many lately.
>>
>>29064891

I've read the whole thing 3 times.
>>
>>29065298
I wish I could have transported him back to the day he flew the kites. That was a good day.
>>
>>29065339

He said he would never forget those times. I wonder if that's what he was thinking of the moment right before he pulled the trigger
>>
>>29064867
the kid who reads this sounds like a right cunt
>>
>>29065427
"a door. a fucking door"
>>
>>29064867
Im reading with the audiobook, and I have to say I am enthralled. His writing is poetic genius. It's incredible how he transitions his life from early childhood to his final years, starting off with pure ignorance and bliss and his corruption towards the end. At first he describes every memory as beautiful, but then begins to occasionally bring in negative elements, like when he got stung by the cactus in Spain. The memories remain happy until his teenage years, where things get dark real fast. It's not even his fault - he's the victim here.
>>
File: 9LrhnMs.jpg (109 KB, 952x647) Image search: [Google]
9LrhnMs.jpg
109 KB, 952x647
>>29065298
>>29065722
Yes. I'm at Morocco now and surprised at how well-written it is as an autobiography. Very poignant.

I agree with you in the eloquence with which he introduces the corruption. Almost everything starts off so bright and happy, before the rot creeps in.
>>
The divorce really rocked him.

His problems with female authority seem to stem from that, significantly.

> she wasn't my real mother

Heard that phrase a number of times now. Rough.
>>
>>29064867
This is an incredible audiobook, he's like Gilbert Gottfried doing an Elliot impression
>>
File: elliotrodgerkid.jpg (76 KB, 672x960) Image search: [Google]
elliotrodgerkid.jpg
76 KB, 672x960
>>29066070
He does an excellent job conveying a person just on the edge of a mental breakdown. Some of the other videos on his channel demonstrate that latter part pretty well.

On an unrelated note, I'm comfy as fuck right now.

I got my almond milk, my instant cinnamon oatmeal, Elliot Rodgers' audiobook, a big leather chair, and my air conditioning on high. Comfy af.
>>
I wonder if growing up super rich was the thing that fucked him. I mean, being surrounded by people catering to your needs must have something to do it.
>>
>>29066385

You people are weird.
>>
>>29064867
This kid doesn't know how to read, he's ignoring the way elliot wrote the manifesto. It's supposed to be read in a way elliot would say these things, the kid sounds like gilbert gottfried ranting. These voice actors reading Elliots' masterpiece always do it mockingly, it drives me fucking nuts. Fucking normalfags.
RREEEEEEEE
>>
File: 1452291943076.png (483 KB, 726x481) Image search: [Google]
1452291943076.png
483 KB, 726x481
I always wonder what happened with his friends James. I've found the facebook profiles of Philip Bloeser and Addison Altendorf, but I've never found anything on him. No social media profile, no pics, nothing.

I'm kind of fascinated by him, even more than by Elliot, because in the end, I want to be like him. He was also a virgin, he was also a loser, but he never "lost" it like Elliot. He didn't start hating women and tried to get Elliot out of this path until it was too late.

I wonder if he did find a gf by now.
>>
>>29066675

How do you know so much about him senpai senpai senpai senpai
>>
>>29066675
The guy must have had a healthy family life, it takes booth a shit family and shit experiences to make a robot. if one of the two is missing then you're good.
>>
File: 390-chan-0525.jpg (38 KB, 635x390) Image search: [Google]
390-chan-0525.jpg
38 KB, 635x390
>>29066675
Is the chink on the left him? "James Ellis"?
>>
I'm straddling the fence on reading it. On one hand, I'm a cyborg and still have hope. On the other, I just want to drop down this rabbit hole and not give a fuck anymore.

Can someone give me some highlights or a rundown?
>>
>>29066778
> Can someone give me some highlights or a rundown?

The book IS the highlight, faam.
>>
Jesus Christ.

I'm at Middle School now. It's "discovering sexual market value" the book.
>>
File: james-ellis.jpg (132 KB, 797x291) Image search: [Google]
james-ellis.jpg
132 KB, 797x291
>>29066774
I doubt it, this is how he describes James Ellis as a kid.
>>
>>29065575
I can definitely imagine him saying that in his usual monotone voice.

Side note, can anyone help me find a video? It's a tribute song to Elliot, and the guy starts crying and REEEing at the end.
>>
> the polite, kind gentleman doesn't win in the real world

Nice. I was twenty-seven when I figured that one out.
>>
File: the-moment.jpg (316 KB, 672x718) Image search: [Google]
the-moment.jpg
316 KB, 672x718
If you read closely, you can pinpoint the exact moment when he ceased to be just another shy and introverted boy and became the Supreme Gentleman.
>>
>>29066893
Oh, gotcha.

I don't track with names very well when I read unless I concentrate pretty hard.
>>
>>29066950
> one day I found some posts on the internet

lelelelelelellele
>>
>>29066385
Did you remember to activate the almonds in your milk?
>>
File: retribution.jpg (145 KB, 855x338) Image search: [Google]
retribution.jpg
145 KB, 855x338
One of the saddest things about this whole tragedy is how, in the end, his "Day of Retribution" ended up being a colossal failure.

He didn't kill anyone whom he actually wanted to kill, there was no bag of heads in the streets, no glorious apotheosis. Just shots in the air, a high speed chase and an pathetic suicide.

And he must have known it by the end, when he was alone in the car and the cops were already on their way. He knew he failed on the only time he actually planned to do something in his life, he failed his "only purpose in the world".
>>
>>29066904
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aTLXLhhavQ
are you talking about this?
>>
>>29067076
and in that moment the devil took him
>>
I'm almost thirty and after having sex a couple of times with prostitutes, I don't really think about getting it anymore. But it was hope that drug me through the whole thing.

I couldn't imagine how painful it would have been to have lost hope in my earliest twenties.

>>29067076
Fuck. (Pic related).
>>
>>29067076
It all makes for a great greek tragedy.
>>
File: rodgerslol.jpg (44 KB, 650x793) Image search: [Google]
rodgerslol.jpg
44 KB, 650x793
>>29067095
No, it was a much softer song, sort of like the ones at high school graduations. But thanks senpai
>>
> this would not be the first time I tried to fill this void with the internet

:,)
>>
>>29067095
Nevermind, found it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pSqndUZ18A

>fuck you, normies!
>REEEEEEE!!
>>
>>29067117
Do you still have any hope for finding a gf/companionship?
>>
>>29067199
None.

I have a best friend who gave me a friend at his company and is a great boss though, so there is that and for it I am extremely grateful.
>>
>>29067232
* job

Gave me a job.
>>
File: taft.jpg (199 KB, 660x452) Image search: [Google]
taft.jpg
199 KB, 660x452
>>29066547
His parents didn't actually cater to his needs, though. They just indulged his material desires, which is a different things.

There were other things they were completely oblivious to. Like, for example, how it isn't a good idea to put a shy, introverted, half-asian manlet in a majority black public school.
>>
>>29067253
You're right.

I misspoke regarding "desires" versus "needs".

Do you think his parents should have known better though? I find it hard to judge because I am never going to be in that situation.
>>
>>29067253
My God.

That last paragraph.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.