[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do antidepressants work? How do they feel, exactly? I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 360_prozac_0504.jpg (24 KB, 360x235) Image search: [Google]
360_prozac_0504.jpg
24 KB, 360x235
Do antidepressants work? How do they feel, exactly? I've heard it turns people into emotionless zombies. Which is pretty much what I am now, which is why I'm willing to try anything.

Please give stories or something.
>>
>>29064601
I've had depression since I was 5. Every day was just a blur and the only memories I have are shit, despite the fact my childhood wasn't.

At uni I went to the counseling group and did talk therapy and got a great amount of help.

Then I actually spoke toy doctor and got on Celexa 10mg.

I feel a lot better, normal really. I remember the first time I felt pride, the first time I had a genuine laugh, the first time I felt loved when hugging my mom. I actually cried.

It was like starting all over again and being able to feel how great life is.
>>
>>29065399
How old are you?
How long have you been taking the?
Do they still work as well as when you first started?
>>
Had acute anxiety and depression all my adult life. Didn't take anything for it until a month ago when I couldn't take it any more.
Went to doctors and got put on Sertraline and it's made me feel normal for the first time in twenty years.
>>
>>29064601
Started taking ADs a few weeks ago. Hasn't helped with depression yet, but I feel like it has helped me with my anxiety problems a bit.
Know that ADs take at least a month to start working and you will feel worse the first week or so.
>>
I started getting depressed in my early 20s, struggled with it without medication for a few years which was tough. I have now tried several SSRI's, stuck with fluoxetine.

I really wish I could go back to before I started taking them. I suppose I feel a bit better and I can function a bit more but I no longer feel human.

Even when depressed I would have moments of slight joy in a sea of desperation. On this stuff I'm just being. I simply exist, with no negative or positive connotations.
>>
File: tumblr_mq4qk7F9r91qcysh1o1_500.jpg (77 KB, 500x712) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mq4qk7F9r91qcysh1o1_500.jpg
77 KB, 500x712
Pills numb you. When you get off of the pills, your problem will still be there and tour emotions return.

The West is obsessed with the easy way out, thus we are the most over medicated culture of them all.

Solve your issue. Depression is a cloud that is lifted as soon as you move away from the storm.
>>
>>29064601
They do work if you have a legitimate chemical imbalance. If you're just having a rough time and don't know how to deal with your problems, they usually don't work. only 20% or so of depressed individuals don't have an actual chemical imbalance.
>>
SSRIs suppress all emotions and cause the "zombie" effect. Other anti-depressants do other things, eg. mirtazapine doesn't harm your emotions but makes you tired all the time and get fat easily.
>>
When I was 14 I was on Zoloft for depression. I laughed a lot saying gross things to girls at my school online and got into some shit. I think it lowered my inhibitions. I also gained a fuckton of weight and grew bitch tits. I then went to summer camp, quit cold turkey, was angry all the time from Zoloft withdrawal and lost the weight through diet and exercise at camp.
>>
>>29064601
Been there done that.
Therapy and solving your problems goes a long way over pills.
Took ssris, caused all sorts of bad shit like headaches, sexual problems, weight gain etc
It may be useful to get out of a ditch and to have the energy to actually do something about your problems,but I would advise against it
>>
They work excellently for me, thankfully. I've heard they fuck with a lot of people though.

Personally they drop my sex drive and sometimes make it harder to orgasm, but it is completely worth it to not be as miserable all the time. I stay totally lucid and otherwise feel my feelings normally.
>>
File: 1463564819134.jpg (405 KB, 2110x1490) Image search: [Google]
1463564819134.jpg
405 KB, 2110x1490
I just started taking Ritalin and its changed my life, I'm literally chad mode now, i don't even know what's real anymore
>>
>>29064601
Took antidepressants for about 5 years.

Got fat and got stretch marks
Became emotionless and people who knew me were annoyed/worried about it even though I didn't feel the change myself
Memory seemed to get worse
Friends started growing distant until none were left

It's taken me awhile to lose the weight and get back on track. I think short term it can help out if you really are in such a bad place that you can't function but it can be damaging in the long run. You need to find some way out without the medication for me it was getting hit by a permanent disability which kicked me out of my comfort zone and a graduate position about half a year later. I still get bad moments but find them to be way less crippling than before.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.