[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Weird feels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1419730448396.jpg (374 KB, 1200x750) Image search: [Google]
1419730448396.jpg
374 KB, 1200x750
I'm 23 and my parents who never fought just announced they are getting a divorce. I'm taken back and not sure what to do really.

Weird feels general I guess.
>>
>>29064501
>I'm 23 and my parents who never fought

Lucky
>>
>>29064518
Yeah man I'm not going to pretend you should feel bad for me, I had a great upbringing. It's just pretty weird to see everything that was so perfect fall apart.
>>
>>29064501
my parents did the same thing after i had moved across the country
it's weird bro idk how to feel about it, my mom came to me asking for money for her lawyer and i had to tell her to fuck off
you have to not take sides, christmas is going to be the worst, especially if they sell the house, i regretted going home
>>
>>29064501
>I'm 23 and my parents who never fought
>It's just pretty weird to see everything that was so perfect fall apart

your got some decent parents
don't worry, it's gonna be fine at your age.
>>
>>29064568
How do you not build resentment for your mom or dad? My mom was the big instigator in this situation and I feel a big amount of resentment growing for fucking over my dad.
>>
>have several mental illnesses including OCD
>in exposure and response prevention therapy for it
>have to do it twice a week every week in sessions and twice a day every day at home
>missed the last two sessions because I was really sick and my psychologist had an emergency
>have been having a harder and harder time doing the therapy on my own
>feel so fucking isolated and it's so fucking hard to do this shit
>so tired all the time
>nothing feels good, constantly dreading having to do the therapy
>it's made my OCD considerably better, more than any medication ever has, but I'm so miserable I don't know what to do
>ashamed that I haven't been doing the therapy as religiously as I used to and don't even want to go back to see my shrink for fear of him being disappointed in me

I don't know what to do robots
>>
>>29064642
I had been gone for a few months when they told me they were splitting up, so I guess I had missed the worst of it
I was your age also, but your situation seems different; it was pretty obvious there wasn't much love left in their relationship when I was leaving.
I guess the best way is to take a step back and realize that they are their own people, and if they weren't happy together they're better off apart. If you still live with them it'd probably be better to try and move out, being withdrawn from the situation will help a bit, I know my sister was having a much harder time with it since she was still living at home.
If you have siblings and your parent's haven't told them yet, you should do so or force your parents to, they tried to do that to my sister and it made her a bit of a wreck.
>>
guess that sucks for you
mine've been divorced since i was 3
>>
File: 08a.png (222 KB, 500x447) Image search: [Google]
08a.png
222 KB, 500x447
>>29064501
>be 3rd grader
>have the coolest dad in the world
>would watch WWE every Monday with me
>only dad's side of the family helped raised me
>get picked up by mom after school
>she's crying in the car
>she tells me dad won't be coming home anymore
>felt pretty bad but I didn't tear up and cry too
>try to comfort her while the days pass
>turns out dad was a huge druggie
>he manipulated police officers to turning a blind eye by volunteering as a firefighter and golf with them
>one day he snapped in a drug fueled rage and started tearing up shit
>mom tried stopping him
>he literally threw his shoe at her
>screamed at him to leave
>dad took it personally and filed for a divorce
>dad's side of the family (my only family) demanded to get me on weekends
>mom refused unless they paid child support
>family decided it wasn't worth it and bailed out on me

hurts
>>
>>29064501
Anon, maybe you don't understand it yet, but this means they weren't happy with each other and only stayed together for you probably. That's a pretty decent thing to do.
>>
Fuck off, this is not your personal blog.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.