[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who else here /AfraidoftheDark/? Maybe I'm a pussy or maybe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 1443634078198.jpg (280 KB, 749x1403) Image search: [Google]
1443634078198.jpg
280 KB, 749x1403
Who else here /AfraidoftheDark/?

Maybe I'm a pussy or maybe it's just natural instinct, but I definitely feel incredibly uncomfortable alone in the dark. When walking up my stairs at night I can't help but feel a eerie chill come over me and my mind wanders to frightening places.

I'm an adult, I lift regularly, and I am a strong figure in my community but still this sort of weakness comes over me.

Can anyone else relate?
>>
Yes, but I'm a beta coward. That must make you a beta coward just like me.

Do you like Magic the Gathering? Is a good game to be honest with you my friend.
>>
>>29063779
I do like Magic!

And I tread the line between alpha and beta.

I know how to gather power in a community but it's certainly not through being a dynamic force.

INTP
>>
It's a geneticaly inherited paranoia.

It's better to run away when you hear something rustling in the bushes and live another day than to stick around only to be eaten alive by a bear.

It's pretty natural,some have it to a greater degree than others.
>>
>>29063834
You'd argue that it has less to do with how I see the world and more to do with my inherent instincts?
>>
Embrace the darkness my friend, because one day that's all we will know. Might as well get used to it.
>>
>>29063931
Idk dude, that sounds like what they want.
>>
>>29063728
Yeah, I experience the exact same thing. When I walk around the house at night without the lights on my eyes always play tricks on me and it scares the shit out me. Worse than that though is that it always feels like someone or something is near me or hiding in the darkness and ready to jump out at me. It's hard to describe but it genuinely feels like there is something there.
>>
>>29063779
Why the hell did you ask him if he liked Magic?
>>
>>29064115
Think it's just paranoia?
>>
>>29064160
Yeah definitely, but I don't think it's paranoia in the way paranoia is often taken as some kind of mental health issue. I think it's just normal, but some people experience it stronger than others, or some people can overcome it easier. Like what >>29063834 said.
>>
>>29063728
When I younger yeah. I had a very active imagination and I read a lot from a young age. My grandmother read Lord of the Rings with me when I was 7 or 8.

It took a long time but eventually I overpowered it. I still imagine crawling horrors in the dark. Especially after reading even more.

I just know eldritch horrors aren't real and dismiss the possibility I could encounter one.
>>
>>29064259
It kinda bums me out that I either have to accept a mundane and banal existence or be perpetually afraid in a safe place.
>>
>>29063728
I actually really like the dark. I think sitting around in a pitch black room is comfy.
>>
>>29064339
Damn homie, is there anything you're afraid of?
>>
I have really bad fear of the dark. I have to sleep with the lights on. When I go downstairs at night I always feel like someone is lurking or watching me. I own a revolver which has made me feel a little safer. I also have horrible nightmares so I think night time in general is just stressful to me.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.