[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I caught strep throat. I'm dying from the pain. Anyone know
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (120 KB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
120 KB, 852x480
I caught strep throat. I'm dying from the pain. Anyone know what might help alleviate it? I can't go to the doctor for an antibiotic until monday, and I know it's strep because my family had it
>>
>>29062299

Buy fish antibiotics online
>>
Gargle some salt water.
It might sting but viruses are attracted to salt so if your lucky the viruses might just off your throat into the liquid so you can spit them out.

It usually works best when you notice your getting step throat early though.
>>
>>29062299
It probably won't do much but you could try some anti-inflammatories like ibuprofen or aleve.

Throat lozenges also might make it a bit mroe bearable.
>>
>>29062299
Chloraseptic and plenty of sleep senpai.
>>
>>29062299
Orange juice and Emergen-C. Fuck what science says, might as well get that Vitamin C megadose. Fresh garlic (I mean a god damn lot, tablespoon minced mixed in with pasta or whatever) also is antibacterial, can help fight infections. Too much will cause diarrhea though.

Course all the throat spray and everything else posted is also good advice.
>>
File: 1461176225582.png (132 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
1461176225582.png
132 KB, 396x385
>>29062299

I have a whole rant but he bottom line is this

Take Vitamin C

and not just some like a whole lot

~10grams even more

just keep taking it till u get better

look it up

I might reply with more if you ask

Trader Joes sells the bulk powder for about $15 for a pound the cheapest option
>>
>>29062633
I've done both of these all day, Advil and cough drops, it isn't doing jack shit and I still feel like death

Fuck I wish it wasn't strep, hurts so fucking bad
>>
>>29062876
You should post the rant anon, I'm desperate
>>
>>29062966
You know cough drops =/= Throat lozenges right?

Throat lozenges are made to numb your throat for a little bit, you will get some small relief out of them.
>>
>>29063008
Also if you get them read the ingredients. Some of them will not numb your throat I forget what it is i'll try to do a quick google search for you though,
>>
>>29063038
these are the kind you're going to want to get.

http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/cepacol-sore-throat-pain-relief-lozenges-honey-lemon/ID=prod6090986-product
>>
File: 1449956971171.gif (58 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1449956971171.gif
58 KB, 300x300
>>29062966
at least you got dubs

get and stay hydrated

chicken soup or even broth might help

drink tea , maybe a small drink of brandy but not too much
>>
Drink a can of sprite.
>>
Sometimes if I'm in pain I just think to myself how it's just a sensation, and then I'm able to perceive it not as hurting, but as just another feeling. It's mentally tiring, though, to keep up that kind of thinking and I can't do it for more than 10 seconds.
>>
>>29062299
chug some dxm
>>
File: 1463929371024.gif (618 KB, 400x229) Image search: [Google]
1463929371024.gif
618 KB, 400x229
>>29062989

well there not much too it really you can do a search ans read about it in a minute

just go to the store and get some if you don't already

just the one ingredient ascorbic acid (vit c) whatever brand is cheapst and best cost per
unit

Those emergen-c packets are ok too but not that cheap

Unlike some vitamins ( like d3) you cannot OD on vit c is does not really have a toxicity threshold .

However if you take enough and reach bowl tolerance then it might act as a laxative and give you a liquid poop . IT wouldn't hurt you should only happen the once

Take at least 5 grams but you can just sit and eat them like candy

I know this may seems like I'm trying to prank you considering where we are but I'm

you don't need to trust me just search for it

http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/forum/ is one place

Did you know that most mammal produce their own vit c in the body from sugar ?

only people and chimps and guinea pigs need it from food

dogs and such just make it
>>
>>29062596
this

gargling with warm salt water helps a fuck ton
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.