[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people not respect me? It feels like I'm constantly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: no.jpg (67 KB, 709x765) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
67 KB, 709x765
Why do people not respect me?

It feels like I'm constantly going about my life as a joke. I have friends and they like me, but they're always cracking jokes at my expense.

It doesn't feel like anyone I know actually treats me as a serious person. No one believes that I can be successful, whether it's with women or just in life.

Does anyone else feel this way? How do I get people to respect me and treat me like a regular person, rather than a kid?
>>
"What a man desires more than anything. More than power, more than sex, more than love- Is respect. Yes deep down it is respect"

Me - 2016
>>
But seriously though. Not being respected fucking sucks. Makes me rage more than anything else.
>>
>>29059524
>>29059460
It's fucking awful. I hate being talked down to more than anything, and apparently a lot of my friends think they can do it to me with no consequences.

Worst thing is it's a subtle thing. You can't fight back against it or else you'll get labelled as "bitter/angry" and told you're "overreacting".

And I can't cut contact with my friends because then I'll have no one.
>>
>>29059552

Hit the gym brah. Within 3 months your friends will be betas in comparison to you. All my friends got jealous and started hitting the gym after I did. They even stopped being feminized cucks
>>
>>29059326

If someone says something disrespectful or acts like they're giving you advice/you're inexperienced call them out on it.

The reason the normies disrespect you is because they know you won't talk back, tell them to fuck off and they will. Fucking normies.
>>
>>29059692
If I tell them to fuck off they act like I'm being overtly rude/way out of line.

If I tell them politely not to do something they act like they don't know what I'm talking about.

Either I'm imagining the disrespect people give me, or even they don't understand that they're doing it. Either way, I can't win.
>>
>>29059326
I feel 100% the exact same. I have a bunch of male "friends" but none of them respect me even though they are all losers too. And though im decently popular i guess, people just see me as a big joke and women dont take me seriously at all
>>
>>29059794

It doesn't matter how they feel anon, that's what you're not getting here. Trust me, they're being disrespectful. You're not crazy. So call them out on their bullshit, when they claim they don't know what they're doing that's just to avoid conflict.

Just don't be too annoying about it because then people will think you're just a whiny bitch.
>>
>>29059653
stop shilling. hitting the gym is not a magic cure to betaness. His personality will be the same
>>
>>29059326
DO SOMETHING WORTHY OR THEIR RESPECT
life is shit, you're not a woman so unless you do something worth paying attention to no one will respect you
suck it up , go out there and stop putting up with those cunts
>>
Being talked to or treated like an idiot is one of my super-fucking-hyper triggers.

Also, now people are starting to be nicer to me more often, and I still completely hate them because I know what life has been like for them versus me.

>try to make new friends
>one finally might stick around
>he talked and played a game once, always finds an excuse to not do anything ever since
>only two friends are sperg manchildren
>>
>>29059326
It's about attitude and drivenness, plain and simple. Have you ever seen a grown man who knows nothing about cars try and fix a car. I have. Even though they are ripping it to shit with not an ounce of understanding, they are doing it with such conviction and willfulness that nobody would dare tell them to stop of suggest they have someone help them.

As a man, you gain the respect of others by developing independence and taking risks. By doing these things, it is likely that you will develop success or make a bit of money. In doing that, you earn respect.

An adult man who lives as somebody's financial dependent is never going to be respected as a man. If you already live independently and do honest work, you need to respect what you've accomplished and carry yourself in a way that commands that respect from others. If you still live with mum, you're over 18, and it's not for financial reasons, you need to get a plan together and move out ASAP.

You'll be surprised at how your relationships with others and your self-esteem improve.
>>
>>29059326
You're going to have to get pissed and punch one of your friends one day. After that they'll respect you.. trust me, I've gone through this
>>
>>29060157
Yeah, but none of my friends have done anything worthy of respect and yet no one talks down to them.

Half of them are spergs who spend 90% of their time playing video games/watching anime yet happen to be socially successful and sometimes successful with women.

One guy is fat, babyfaced, but takes advantage of being tall and aggressive to pretty much dominate conversation.

Another two guys are pretty much Chad tier (tall and attractive) and basically get respect no matter what they do just because they're good looking.
>>
I feel this so hard my friend. I used tk be the butt of every joke for my friends. They eventually stopped when we got older but I still feel like people just plain don't respect me.
>>
>>29059552
>>29059326

Iktf oh God Iktf. I dont know what im doing wrong, I'm /fit/ and talk Loudly and confidently but still get all the jokes at my expense, spoken down to, the shift manager at work will single me out when making an example of someone, girls lose interest in me as soon as they see others disrespecting me.

What do? I really don't know what im doing wrong. Im starting to think I actually might be autistic
>>
>>29059326
have some accomplishments to be proud of
>>
>>29059326
people don't respect you because you're a little bitch dude. im not talking shit, im a little bitch too, but that's the reason. that's why women won't fuck you, that's why men treat you like shit. the truth of the matter is that there is a natural hierarchy in humanity, and you ended up on the bottom just like the rest of. there is very little upward mobility in this hierarchy though there is a hell of a lot of downward mobility. nothing can dissolve this hierarchy. it's written directly into our DNA. causaility is a bitch, not that it can't be overcome, but let's be real, you won't overcome it. none of us will.
we
are
all
fucked
>>
>>29060236

I've been thinking about this a lot lately. I cannot be myself around anyone because deep down I do not like myself. And the main thing I do not like is about my lack of success.
>>
>>29059653

Starting strength?

Inb4 meme workout
>>
>>29059460

That is a really profound quote dude. Screencapped.
>>
>>29060374

A professional quote maker.he obviously values his intelligence
>>
>>29059326
because you do not respect yourself, you feel others don't respect you. The only source of respect that stays consistent, that doesn't rely on external factors, is you. Unless you learn self-confidence, you will be like this.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.