[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did Boyhood make you feel? Me: >wasted most of my life
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: Boyhood.jpg (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Boyhood.jpg
1 MB, 1366x768
How did Boyhood make you feel?
Me:
>wasted most of my life infront of a screen

Atleast i figured out what my goal in life is
>to live in the US
>>
Some gay man asked me if it was good at the Redbox rental thing, I don't know I torrent everything. I just said I didn't see that movie which is true but I felt awkward because my Boyhood didn't involve the mandatory GF etc. that I read about in the synopsis.
>>
>>29058416
Fuck off we're full faggot
>>
It is "normie gets everything on a silver platter" the movie.

It made me feel hopeless but I was also overwhelmed by hate, jealousy and envy.

The funny thing is that they tried to add a layer of hardship to everything he did but I had days growing up where I had nothing to eat but a piece of bread and had to steal wood from neighbors so mom, sister and I wouldn't freeze just because I was born in eastern Europe instead of USA. I am not special here and nobody would ever pity me as I don't pity myself because it's normal.
>>
Hated it and I imagine most other robots did too. It's objectively a shit film. The only reason people like it is because muh feels but it's hard to connect with the characters when you never have been through those life experiences yourself.
>>
>>29058488
When trump becomes the president and kicks all non whites out ill have a shot my man :^)
>>
>>29058416
"""alternative""" normie who thinks of himself as a special cornflake philosopher happens to grow up as every other normie.
>>
>>29058416
>to live in the US

yeah people sure don't waste their lives in front of screens there
>>
>>29058416
>having living in the US as your primary goal in life
spotted the mexican
>>
>>29058568
europoors gonna poor
>>
>>29058905
I'm danish actually :^)
Just wanna live near mountainous terrain while having a good job..
>>
>>29058416
It took 12 years to make.
>>
Dumb 3 hour film which only relies on "muh nostalgia" to relate to viewers and keep them entertained. The characters were bland, the story was shit, but the soundtrack was actually pretty good, in fact the song "hero" was better than the whole movie. Anyways liberals seem to love this movie because of how it portrayed Obama and what not. It was fucking awful anyway, the story of a normie who ends up taking pictures blah blah fuck off scum.
>>
>>29058568
The vast majority US sux balls dude
>>
>>29059311
Why not move to Norway?
>>
>>29059489
I don't want it to be too cold famalam.
Plus i like the murican life style
>>
>>29058416
Well as most people have stated even in the reviews by normies and regular people, the whole girl thing in the movie was very strange and unrealistic. There was little reason to have any girlfriends when he did. And all normies agree it was just added in because it is a movie.
>>
>>29059527
That is the thing about linklater, he is trying to capture nostalgia and he is very good at it with Dazed and Confused because that was when he grew up. It worked really well, nothing was off. With this movie he was very off on the girl thing and many normie reviews stated it was wrong and forced, very unrealistic.

He had a talent he used for one movie very well, but trying to capture the boyhood of a young kid in the 90s did not work because he was literally very old by then.
>>
>>29059613
Now his next movie is closer to his age yet again, he took advice from what he did wrong, and he is making that new movie because so many people told him how off he was with BoyHood.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.