[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>you will never live in the 50s >you will never walk into
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39
File: 1950s_Family_II.jpg (44 KB, 450x274) Image search: [Google]
1950s_Family_II.jpg
44 KB, 450x274
>you will never live in the 50s
>you will never walk into a job after high school and have guaranteed employment and guaranteed retirement+full pension at 65
>you will never have three lovely blonde, blue-eyed Aryan children with your high school sweetheart

>you will live in the 2010s
>you will never achieve stable employment
>you will have $100,000 in student debts
>your job will be given to Pajeet because he works for 25% of your salary
>you will come home to your wife fucking a nigger on the couch
>your son will come up to your and tell you he wants to transition to a woman
>your daughter will tell you you're a CIS white pig

Fug.
>>
File: sad pepe.jpg (7 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
sad pepe.jpg
7 KB, 228x221
This is surely the worst of feels
>>
>>29058185
thank god. I mean I'll hopefully make it into the 2050's but never the 1950's.

>blah blah blah
>teenager's false nostalgia of the past
the further back you go the shittier the living conditions.
kys desu
>>
>ywn spray uppity negroes with a fire hose

that's all i want
I don't ask for much
>>
>you will never be suddenly transported into the 1980s being able to make a fortune off fortune telling accurate predictions and winning bets multiple times

>You will never see people you told lose their shit when 9/11 happens and you told them 10 years before.
>>
File: 1464632720946.jpg (217 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1464632720946.jpg
217 KB, 512x512
>>29058185
>be black
>unable to fantasize about the good ol' days because of racism
>tfw
>>
>>29058185
You do realize the 1950s were hell for anyone that wasn't neurotypical.
>>
>you will never walk into a job after HS, spend all day playing cards, and loafing around, but you can't be fired because of the union
>your wife will never be an alcoholic pillhead
>your son and daughter won't grow up to be degenerate longhair hippie boomer scum
>you will never be horribly maimed in a car accident because automobile safety barely exists
>you will never drop of a heart attack at 45 from smoking Chesterfields and eating plastic food (seriously, the diet in the 50s was awful)
>you will never be interrogated by the FBI because you know a guy who knows a guy who's cousin may have been a member of the Communist Party once
>you will never live in a time without computers, HDTV, and other modern conveniences
>>
The longing for 1950s America is something I only see from white heterosexuals. I doubt you'll find many non-whites or non-heterosexuals who wish we could go back to the 1950s.
>>
File: homeraaagh.gif (758 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
homeraaagh.gif
758 KB, 320x240
>be me xD
>have non white heritage
>have high functioning autism
>live in glorious 21st century
>can get all the special privileges I want
>still pass for white on the outside so im literally getting the best of all worlds

mfw
>>
A lot of what we think the Eisenhower years were is a romanticization of TV sitcoms and things like that and if you read contemporary literature, people complained about a _lot_ of things. Everything from the youth being degenerate hoodlums to postwar society becoming obscenely corporatized and soulless. There was of course also the fear of nuclear war and communism.
>>
>>29058394
Well, that's because it was a great time to be a straight white male, not so much anyone else.
>>
>>29058493
this desu

I'd like to visit the 50s, but I'm glad I don't live there
>>
Fortunately, we've moved on.

The good ole days of the 50s are a myth for everyone except white males and even then, technology and medical care was primitive and limited compared to today.

Women were largely relegated to the role of shop-till-you-drop housewives with no purpose beyond decorating a home and enriching General Electric's shareholders. And don't get me started on nonwhite folk.
>>
>>29058493
This. Youth degeneracy was huge during the 50s. The whole "greaser" thing was not just a meme. There were gangs of working class whites who would go around getting in fights and committing all sorts of crime. It was not really a good time to be alive.
>>
>>29058493
>postwar society becoming obscenely corporatized and soulless
Read Henry Miller's The Air Conditioned Nightmare and Sunday After The War to see what I mean.
>>
File: rin.gif (320 KB, 280x480) Image search: [Google]
rin.gif
320 KB, 280x480
>>29058541
>Women were largely relegated to the role of shop-till-you-drop housewives with no purpose beyond decorating a home and enriching General Electric's shareholders.
>implying that was a bad thing

While I enjoy sticking it to whites, this is one thing they got 100% right. Women are nation destroyers.
>>
>>29058541
Disagree. Both of my grandmothers were bossy af and both of my grandfathers kind of pudding cups. Also one of my grandmothers worked as a nurse. They were far from weak, passive housewives who simply obeyed their husband's orders.
>>
>>29058600
The thing is, the 60s feminist movement happened in the first place because of the role of women in the postwar period. It ended up leading to a full-scale revolt.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ml9VZW7V_U

Still, if only political campaign ads on TV today could be this cute and innocent.
>>
File: image.png (514 KB, 614x401) Image search: [Google]
image.png
514 KB, 614x401
>>29058296
>>29058302
>>29058346
>>29058394
>>29058490
>>29058493
>>29058541
>>29058553
>>29058559
>>29058627

I want tumblr to leave uezs original annotation d e s u
>>
Yeah, the fifties were awful how could you not want to live in current year? It's current year bigots!
>>
Back in the '50's when 35% of the workforce was covered by a union collective bargaining agreement. Trade union membership is close to levels of the Great Depression a time before the passage of the National Labor Relations Act. Coincidence?
>>
>>29058684

You mean when the country was 90% white and women and non whites knew their place?
>>
>>29058684
>this myth
Unions did jack-all except be affiliated with organized crime. My grandfather was a member of the USW and he saw how useless it actually was. Slackers who'd come into work hung over or they'd lounge around playing cards or drinking coffee and you couldn't fire them because of the union. It was basically glorified welfare and only sustainable for a while because we controlled most of the world's wealth after WWII.
>>
>>29058705
>implying that the filthy european "whites" weren't constantly formenting revolutions every other week

Non-whites have never known their place.
>>
File: libertarian utopia.jpg (46 KB, 461x424) Image search: [Google]
libertarian utopia.jpg
46 KB, 461x424
>>29058726
Funny my granddad said the exact opposite.
>>
Just to be clear for all the /pol/ here: the reason wages were high in the 50s is that the government set them there in the 40s when it basically controlled the economy.

Government intervention can create prosperity.
>>
>>29058627
A lot of women became bored out of their minds which led to alcohol and prescription drug abuse being more common than is often realized. As you said, the women's lib movement wasn't completely unprovoked and I can kind of understand why it happened.
>>
>you will never get to bea housewife
you have no idea how much of a red flag "I don't have any career goals in mind, I have family goals instead" is to men these days. if you aren't also brinign a paycheck, they lose all serious interest they had in you
>>
>>29058758
Of course. Mine actually worked and did his job while yours sat around smoking and reading Playboys but the union ensured he could never be fired.
>>
>>29058778

>the US being the only major Country that wasn't rekt from WW2 had nothing to do with it
>>
>>29058778
Temporarily.

>n
>>
I don't know why certain feminist groups or so-called liberated women look down on the job of homemaker. As far as I'm concerned, a homemaker has the most important job in the world. She's responsible for providing a stable home environment and a solid foundation for her children. She's responsible for managing the affairs of the entire household. To me, that seems like the very basis of society. There's nothing in the world like a good wife and mother.
>>
>>29058792

Good, now they can experience liberation by being a single mom working two jobs paying daycare to watch her kids.

At least they're not housewives right?

>>29058794

youre not a biological girl tho
>>
>>29058541
Do you believe everything that your women studies professor tells you? Think for yourself.
>>
>>29058778
>Government intervention can create prosperity
Except it doesn't. The government can redistribute wealth, it can't create wealth. By simple virtue of Europe and Japan being blown to bits, we controlled most of the world's wealth for 25 years. The world's wealth is distributed far more evenly than it was in the 50s.
>>
>>29058835
Because a lot of yuppie feminists have much invested in the belief that the only way to be a liberated woman is to succeed in corporate America and have your first child at like 40.
>>
>>29058835
>Actually thinking being a "homemaker" (glorified NEET) has any difficulty at all
>>
Shit, a lot of couples stayed together because married women had to have sex, Jeez, they were often abused by bad husbands. This landed them with lots of kids, chaining them to a horrible relationship.

Women could not leave because they could not be self-supporting. Men could often be bullies in their own homes and their family were slaves or close to it.

Yeah, like there is no better form of government than a kind and wise dictator, same for the home, but when a woman married a dirtbag, there was very little she could do about it.
>>
File: screaming niggers endlessly.png (157 KB, 303x287) Image search: [Google]
screaming niggers endlessly.png
157 KB, 303x287
>>29058928
>Women could not leave because they could not be self-supporting. Men could often be bullies in their own homes and their family were slaves or close to it.

That's what alimony is/was for sweetheart.
>>
Back in those days, Catholics weren't allowed to use birth control at all so women had to have 6-10 kids whether they wanted it or not. Now a woman can choose not to have children. It is now a matter of choice and people are not victims of nature.
>>
File: build wall.png (260 KB, 876x800) Image search: [Google]
build wall.png
260 KB, 876x800
>>29058185

NOT ON MY WATCH YOU SON OF A BITCH
>>
https://www.college.columbia.edu/cct/sep_oct08/features1

the 50s were a fucking meme
inb4 >.edu, inb4 >how do U know
you're like my mom
>>
>>29058977

Enjoy your below replacement birth rates and Muslim immigration. At least you can have promiscuous sex right?

>>29058928

OY vey boyim, every woman was beaten 6 billion times a day by her abusive husband.
>>
>>29058346
Forgot the following:

>children dropping from illnesses that are now easily treatable
>lots of alcohol abuse - drunk driving was not a big deal in those days and drinking was seen as what macho men did, not losers who can't function without the bottle
>mental health care was primitive
>child abuse - you could beat or molest your kids and it was all hushed up
>adults dropping from heart attacks, cancer, and other things that can be easily treated now

By the way, you do realize that "Under God" was added to the Pledge as a litmus test for the identification of communists because McCarthy was a nutcase, right? Even as a Christian, I find the addition unsettling because I know why it's there.
>>
>>29059083
Up until 1980 communism was a very real threat to America. Don't be an idiot.
>>
>>29059083
inb4 an anime trad corrects you and says that mccarthy was right because they are stupid and fail to comprehend that someone can be right and also evil
>>
A couple other things:

Firstly the economy really wasn't that good in the 50s; we had only 1-2% GDP growth per year and there were three recessions. That things seemed prosperous was relative and mostly had to do with the recently-departed Depression. A lot of consumer goods like TVs, washing machines, and refrigerators were expensive and people seldom had cash to pay for them, so most went on credit. This was part of a widespread social phoniness...of constantly trying to live up to an imposed stereotype of what the good home and the prosperous family were supposed to look like. What will people think? was a watch-phrase for the day. It was indeed an era of enforced graces and conformity. When they came along, beatniks and this awful rock-and-roll music were vilified as rebellious by the mainstream. There is nothing on the social map today that would be comparable to this societal overlay of conformity to preset images, norms, and standards.

Public debt was higher than today; in fact we had 90% income taxes to pay off the costs of WWII.

Immigrant populations during the 1950s were not the norm. They were at artificially depressed levels. Backlash against the influxes of the late 19th and early 20th centuries followed by the eras of difficult travel imposed by the Depression and WWII cut the percentage of US foreign-born residents about in half. Through most of our history, the foreign-born have been 12-15% of the population. We are toward the lower end of that range right now.
>>
File: image.png (902 KB, 600x3315) Image search: [Google]
image.png
902 KB, 600x3315
>>29059125

>venona papers don't exist

>>29059083

t. mainstream cuck """"christian""""
>>
File: 233.jpg (603 KB, 2080x2012) Image search: [Google]
233.jpg
603 KB, 2080x2012
>>29058493
i posted a link to this effect in >>29059031
but no one gives a shit
>>
>>29059036
kids are also bullied and abused by their parents.
women right now instead of being beaten(rarely do not fall for that meme, if you beat your wife back in the days you will be disrespected), steal men's hard work.
>>
>>29059185
cool documents that you heard about on twitter from your alt-right friends and probably haven't read
>>
>>29059182
Also of course the Korean War, fought with a draft army and which left 35,000 Americans dead. Then the feeling of embarrassment at Soviet space firsts and no mention of polio, or that it was simply assumed that every child would get the mumps, measles, and chicken pox. Barely a mention of McCarthyism and the Red Scare and people wondering whether they should inform on a leftist-leaning neighbor. There is no question that racism was more overt and more visibly cruel in the South than the rest of the country. But that should not suggest that there was anything remotely resembling equality in the North.
>>
>>29059260
McCarthyism only affected those who travelled in elite circles (i.e. jews and wealthy WASPs.) Of course Hollywood doesn't tell you that shit. If you were a pleb they didn't care about you.
>>
>>29059215

Educate yourself

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venona_project

>>29059260

>get fucked commie
>caring about niggers
>>
>>29058185
>you will never get drafted into the Korean War
>you will never have to deal with the highest tax rates in American history
>you will never be paranoid and terrified of being accused of being a commie
>you will never use the internet

Those were the days.
>>
>>29059260
A good, solid American in the 50s was seen as one who had a job, paid his taxes, and went to church on Sunday. Sometimes it was added that he didn't also beat his wife. Women of course had been an integral part of the workforce during WWII, but as the troops came home, they were expected and in fact pressured to give up their jobs and return to the home. And stay there. And like it. If they didn't like it for some reason, they were encouraged to volunteer. Volunteering -- that's where you work but you don't get paid. Hmmm. Birth control was still illegal in many places. Teen pregnancy was pretty much higher than today since kids didn't really get any sex education. If a teenage girl became pregnant, she could A. take a month-long visit to her Aunt Sue in North Dakota (usual cover story) or B. marry the father of the child. Once married, divorce was hard to obtain for any reason. As a result, there were lots and lots of dysfunctional families. One of the chief arguments in favor of liberalizing divorce laws was to prevent children from having to live in the brutalizing environment of a failed couple chained together forever by inflexible laws. If you were already married and confronting an unwanted pregnancy, you also had two choices. Seek out the local abortionist (there was one to be found almost everywhere if you quietly asked around), or simply have the kid and deal with it which is what most people did, all the while pretending to be overjoyed that God had chosen to give them another child at this incredibly inconvenient time.
>>
>>29059347
on the other hand, prime teen pussy was easier to get
>>
>>29059330
>muh McCarthyism

Please see >>29059301

Hollywood has greatly exaggerated the scope of those hearings.
>>
>>29059347

There's literally nothing wrong with that in and of itself/when you compare it to today.
>>
File: 1374959374852.png (162 KB, 543x600) Image search: [Google]
1374959374852.png
162 KB, 543x600
>>29058185
>Ywn live in the 50s
>Ywn get a pension at 65 and die at 70 due to your pack a day smoking habit and shitty diet
>Ywn get cancer from asbestos and lead
>>
>>29059347
Well put.

I would have to imagine that Americans must have been burned out on war by the 50s. If you were Eisenhower's age, you'd lived through three of them, that combined with the fear of war with the communist bloc.
>>
>>29058185
>higher crime rates
>everyone has herpes because doctors haven't figured out it's contagious
>nobody believes in evolution so you have to deal with creationism

The 50s was shit and had everything we have now. There were tons of cuckolds especially in the South. Like cucks would seriously walk up to young black men and pay them to fuck their wives
>>
>>29059347
The notion of more individual opportunity is nonsense. Opportunity to do what? The GI bill did enable a lot of returning vets to go to college; otherwise, few went, b/c they couldn't afford it. There weren't the student loan programs, state scholarship programs, community colleges and the like such as there are now.

Women were pretty much relegated to the home. If they did go to school beyond high school, they generally went into teaching, nursing or secretarial work. These are honorable professions, but that's rather limiting. Women who didn't marry and didn't go into one of the above lived at the family home, maybe worked in retail or some such, and took care of the parents as they aged.

Gender roles were quite rigid in those days; girls were required to wear skirts to school and there were few girls' athletic programs. Their main job was to cheer for the guys. Magazines like Seventeen had lots of ads in them for sewing machines, baby supplies, and other such paraphernalia since it was generally assumed that girls would marry and have a family soon after graduating HS.

Polio, cancer, and heart attacks felled a lot of people back then as well.
>>
>>29059525
>Polio, cancer, and heart attacks felled a lot of people back then as well.
This. The 60-70s were the best time to be be alive in America. After that everything went to shit. Millennials are on track to be poorer and less healthy than their boomer parents. We are regressing back into what America used to be prior to WWII.
>>
The movie "Father of the Bride" made me think about the 1950s and it just seemed so beautiful, I like it, with the stay at home wife and the nice big home in the suburbs and being married.
>>
>>29059520
>Like cucks would seriously walk up to young black men and pay them to fuck their wives

Those were just fairytales invented by black parents in the South. They were designed to keep their boys from getting lynched while trying to get white pussy. The stories usually ended with the husband and his friends dragging the wannabe bull behind their truck for twenty miles.
>>
>>29059568
I had to laugh when I read this and wondered whether or not the poster realized she had been watching a movie. Is she kidding about the nice big home in the suburbs? The average house in 1955 was under 1000 sq. ft., had one bathroom and two bedrooms (kids shared a room). Very few modern families would want to live that way today, but if a family was willing do it, they might find that one modest income would suit them just fine. The fact is that only a true ascetic would be willing to live such a comparatively spartan lifestyle today.
>>
When I think of those days, I think of how innocent (ignorant??) and easily manipulated most Americans were. The biggest difference between the 50s and today is access to information. All the bad stuff was going on back in the 50s, we just didn't know about it because no one told us and there was no easy way to ferret it out.
>>
File: gman.jpg (91 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
gman.jpg
91 KB, 640x640
>>29059624
>You will never be a CIA agent charged with toppling nationalist/socialist movements in the middle east and South America during the 1950s

Fucking kill me.
>>
Relax when you send your 6 year old off to walk alone the 4 blocks to school and don't even give it a thought if your 12 year old daughter walks a mile home from her girlfriends house at 9 PM.

I wonder what parents of today would trade for being able to do these things?
>>
>>29059685
But kids did plenty of that in the 80s-90s as well. It depends on where you live as well; generally wealthier neighborhoods are safer than lower-class ones. The Levittown suburbs in the 50s were pretty safe for kids, but there were a lot of areas especially in the big cities that were definitely not safe at all.
>>
>>29059586
wrong
Southern white men would seriously offer black men money to fuck their wives. Eldridge Cleaver wrote about his experience with it. They paid $500 on average(about $1500 today)
>>29059554
The 60s and 70s were dangerous as fuck. You think niggers are bad today? Back 70s New York there were like 2000 murders a year. That's like Lagos Nigeria is today
>>
>>29059685
Violent crime is way down. In fact it was more dangerous to do that back then.
>>
As far as crime rates are concerned, keep in mind that Miranda Rights were not a thing until 1966. Police in the 50s had a lot more power than today, also training was not as good and a lot of police departments were horribly corrupt (again, this was mostly an issue in the big cities). There certainly was a lot more incentive for everyone to tow the line. I am not suggesting Miranda is a bad thing- far from it. But we pay a price for gaining more freedom.
>>
>>29059685
Most children get molested by family members and stepparents dumb ass.
>>29059624
This as well
It was easy as fuck to scam people in the 50s. Faith healers made a fortune off christcucks on a daily basis
>>
>>29059182
Please consider this...

In the 1950s, America had no competition of any significance. The rest of the industrialized world had been blown to bits in WWII and was in recovery mode. We truly were the sole survivors. We had no competition. We controlled the world's marketplace. We were the producers. The world was buying from us, because they had no viable options.

Obviously that couldn't stay as such forever.
>>
File: beer-collage-tv-and-kitchen (1).jpg (462 KB, 1625x1024) Image search: [Google]
beer-collage-tv-and-kitchen (1).jpg
462 KB, 1625x1024
Thank you Boomers for ruining any chances of being born into a decent western society.
>>
File: Lana Rain.png (118 KB, 293x287) Image search: [Google]
Lana Rain.png
118 KB, 293x287
>>29058493
I am glad somebody said it and I am additionally glad that this comment is original.
>>
>Live in 2000's
>by the time you're old, medicine will be more advanced than ever before
> The average person will live well over 100 years old
>Be alive to witness The Singularity
>Be alive to witness the birth of real AI
>Be alive to witness technology people in the 1950's couldn't even comprehend
>>
>>29059766
>But we pay a price for gaining more freedom.
wrong as fuck
Crime rates, especially black crime rates, were very high in the 50s. We didn't have good record keeping, crime reporting, or investigation methodology. If I killed someone in the 50s as long as I didn't leave fingerprints I was good to go.
>>
>>29058394
Anything other than white heterosexuals is complete genetic garbage desu
>>
>>29059820

Boomer here. We deserved the best, you got the rest. Thanks for fucking it up, dumbasses.
>>
>>29059835
t. rSJW desu
>>
>>29059861
>boomer on /r9k/

How did you still fail at life after being given everything you could possibly want?
>>
Here is a question that I need you to answer. How would the 1950s been helpful to me as a black man? I don't see a lot of blacks with nostalgia for that time. It's almost always white people. Those were certainly not the best of times for us. Discrimination was awful back then and I'd never want to live in the 50s knowing I'd be considered 3/5ths a human. Economically I'd be much worse off as well.

Please explain why I as a black man would be better in the 50s than today.
>>
>>29059896
But that could be applied to many decades as well, not just the 50s.
>>
there is nothing wrong with social liberalism and hedonism, the only people that complain about this are beta cuckolds who romanticize the past and can't achieve anything without collectivism or societal aid
>>
>>29059896
you'll just get memes for answers
>>
>>29059917
Yes but the thread topic was specifically about the 50s. So I posit the question of how I, a black man, would be better in 1955 than 2016.
>>
>>29059896
Blacks are actually no better off nowadays wealth-wise than they were back then.
>>
>>29058185
>you will never achieve stable employment
Jokes on you, I work for the government as an engineer. One of the most recession-proof jobs around.

>you will have $100,000 in student debts
Only $15,000 left to pay off. It'll be gone by this time next year.

>your job will be given to Pajeet because he works for 25% of your salary
Pajeet can't get a security clearance, so he can't do my job.

>you will come home to your wife fucking a nigger on the couch
My girlfriend is as racist as I am.

>your son will come up to your and your and tell you he wants to transition to a woman
I don't have or want kids.
>>
>>29059896
It wouldn't be

Today, we can do anything as black men and fuck white bitches left right and center. If we tried that shit back in the 50s some angry white people would have us lynched or killed
>>
It's easy to be nostalgic for the 50s when you lived in Murka and your country wasn't occupied by Soviet tanks like mine was and half the population had been deported off to Siberian death camps.
>>
>>29059980
>I don't have or want kids.

you are a meta-cuck
>>
>tfw if I was a kid back then I wouldn't have grown up to be a fuck up because I would have had a dad and we probably wouldn't have moved so much
>tfw I would be married with my own place by now
>tfw I wouldn't have the internet reminding me of how shit I am compared to all of the natural born prodigies of the world or just pissing me off in general
>tfw I would have local friends and we would have to spend time together because we couldn't just message one another

Fuck this modern world, I really don't care about how fast the internet is and how I now have the ability to rot away in my room importing asian cartoons as the air conditioning blasts on me and my hot pocket.
Take me back I want to go back.
>>
>>29059980
sounds like you got it all figured out and you can do couples cosplay and cook foods with beer and attend concerts together in stadiums
>>
>>29058956
Alimony is great but you can't live off of it if your hubby is just a lowly mechanic or some shit. And who will mind the children?
>>
>>29059959
>Blacks are actually no better off nowadays wealth-wise than they were back then.
Wrong
Blacks lived in filthy shacks and eat rotting meat in the 50s.
>>29059923
This
Romaticizing the past is for old people afraid of dying and young people who can't make it
>>29059936
you wouldn't be. The only people who enjoyed the 50s were white males
>>29059861
I hate how baby boomers think we should ignore facts like statistics
>>
>>29060014

>having kids

you're the cuck

you're letting these little shits cuck you out of any fun, free time, and disposable income, not to mention blowing out your wives vagina, destroying her body, and severely hampering your sex life

fuck kids
>>
My grandfather graduated HS at the start of the decade and although he was a straight white male, he had some pretty liberal-left views that alienated him from the mainstream, at least until the chaos of the 60s made him go more conservative.

He joined the Army in 1954 and said there were few blacks in his army unit, though there was a guy Joe he made friends with. He often said he wondered whatever became of Joe after the Army.
>>
File: 1446328263448.jpg (133 KB, 527x588) Image search: [Google]
1446328263448.jpg
133 KB, 527x588
>>29060054
of course, good intteligent white men.
>>
>>29060084
I see what you mean, but he was still a white male. As a black man, I'd have had far less opportunity than him back then. You can change your political views, you can't change your skin color.
>>
>>29060029
I hate how everyone thinks having a dad solves everything. It's like they think alcoholics and criminals don't exists
>>29059980
If you're racist why wouldn't you want society to be like it was in the 50s? There was a game back then called "Hit the Nigger" where you would pay money to throw baseballs at a black person. It was like ghetto gaggers without the sex
>>
>>29060110
you're missing the point of these threads. These threads are for white cucks who wish they could go back to the days of games like "Hit The Nigger" and "African Dodger". They are very hurt when they see successful blacks
>>
File: original.jpg (31 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
31 KB, 500x281
>>29059990
>Today, we can do anything as black men and fuck white bitches left right and center.
>>
In the UK we were rebuilding from the war and the middle class was small. There was lots of poverty. Few people owned cars and stoking the coal furnace was a daily task. People did jobs that today you'd only expect a Paki or Nigerian to do. People got to work by walking or riding the train. Tuberculosis still killed many people.
>>
The 1950's sucked, the breakdown of the family unit was ultimately beneficial for society and the economy overall, and there is nothing inherently bad about single motherhood. Go read an economics book you dumb collectivists.
>>
>>29059119

still is, but instead of calling it communism we call it bernie
>>
>you will probably never be lynched for no reason
pretty glad desu
>>
That's a lot of hate for whites the Arabs are still practicing slavery in the 1950s
>>
File: libertarianism autism.png (2 MB, 3250x1700) Image search: [Google]
libertarianism autism.png
2 MB, 3250x1700
>>29060185
>muh GDP
>muh """basic economics""'

Please fuck off.
>>
>>29060178
but we can
Blacks are allowed to hold high paying jobs and fuck white women. If I want a white girl I can just get me some pheromone spray and wear it while I'm out. High paying job is a hard thing though
>>
>>29060177
Same here. As a femanon, why would I want to live back when my husband could beat me at will, molest our kids, and I couldn't divorce him. Or that I could have my ass or boobs pinched in the office and called "dollface" and "sweetcakes" and just had to sit and take it.
>>
File: feel.jpg (25 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
feel.jpg
25 KB, 300x300
>tfw white
>tfw have to play on a level playing field now
>tfw my parents didn't so they didn't prepare me for it
>>
>>29060029
What makes you think you'll be successful then if you aren't somewhat stable now?
>>
>>29060237
>Translation: I want to live in an era where I can ruin my children's lives by divorcing when I get bored of my husband. I also want to ride on the cock carousel unimpeded and taste the semen of dozens of Chads a month.
>>
>>29060237
Divorce was still allowed back then you stupid whore. Also if you don't want to be molested then you should try staying home.
>>
At least people in the 50s had good role models on TV like Wally and the Beav. What did 90s kids have growing up? Beavis and Butthead? Al Bundy? Bart Simpson? LOL.
>>
>>29060237
But again, you're missing the point of the threads which are for alt-right fedora cucks to imagine a 1950s wonderland where they could wear a fedora, drink, and beat their wives unimpeded.
>>
Be a Arab woman in 2016. Have no rights. Be a complete slave and less than a person.
>>
>>29060185
>the breakdown of the family unit was ultimately beneficial for society and the economy overall

explain please
>>
>>29060113
>I hate how everyone thinks having a dad solves everything. It's like they think alcoholics and criminals don't exists

Single mothers are still far worse, even good ones. That's right, a good single mother is just as bad as a bad father in a two parent household. Actually now that I think about it they are probably worse. At least a shitty dad can work and therefore help to provide for his children. Single moms can only beg for more handouts from the government.
>>
Desu if you live in the Midwest with your conservative Christian wife all this is still possible.

That being said you are right and about 10% of this country needs to be gassed once you account for feminists, niggers, Bern outs, etc.
>>
>>29060304
>implying being groped couldn't happen anywhere - in the store, on the bus, on a train, etc
>>
>>29060344

Or maybe live in a world where not everyone is a transracial lesbian stoner?
>>
But man, teen pregnancy was more common in the 50s than today due to nonexistent sex education. Also there was a lot of crime and Mafia shit in the big cities, if not so much the suburbs.
>>
>>29060232
>pheromone spray and wear it while I'm out.
D-Does that actually work?
>>
>>29060440
No. It's just a cuckposter (i.e. a fat white guy ERPing as a nigger.)
>>
>>29060307
You realize what satire is you dumb conservcuck

Beavis and Butthead were parodies and Bart and Bundy were never meant to be role models
>>
1950 in America was bad only compared to a fictional utopia that has never existed before. 1950s around our whole planet was a rough place
>>
>>29060399
We already live in that world.
>>
>all these people trying to write off a time period where the family was in tact, the economy was growing, women were happier despite being "oppressed", race relations were better, people had respect for each other, and the culture wasn't built around hating your ancestors.

But at least now you can have as many dildos as you want right?
>>
>>29060690

You're on r9k, what do you expect?

Phuc the robot honestly
>>
>>29060231
>authoritarian rightists are just authoritarian leftists but really stupid
>>
>>29060690
you think "intact" is two words
not bullish on you being very smart in all earnestness
>>
>>29059923
This

People in the 50s had a bunch of social welfare programs from FDR and other shit keeping them afloat, also everything was conformist and traditional. Really bad time to be an individualist and social liberal
>>
>>29060241
Just lie. No one ever second guesses a clean cut white person. That's how my (white) cousin got a job at a tech company despite not knowing how to do anything.
>>
>>29060831
you rn
>>
Why would you want to be such a slave to television?

I mean, sure, we're all chained to the Internet, but at least the 'net is varied enough for you to still find varied and interesting thing.

Television is all lowest-common-denominator shit, all the time.
>>
File: 1448422040877.jpg (2 MB, 2792x3056) Image search: [Google]
1448422040877.jpg
2 MB, 2792x3056
>>29058185
>>your son will come up to your and tell you he wants to transition to a woman

shit thats kinda hawt...
>>
>>29060504
>1950s around our whole planet was a rough place
As a Pole, tell me about it.
>>
File: the-rifleman.png (247 KB, 945x370) Image search: [Google]
the-rifleman.png
247 KB, 945x370
>>29058185
>ywn be a sheriff in the wild west
>>
>>29061538
Your family should have come to America when they had the chance.
>>
>you will never walk into a job after high school and have guaranteed employment and guaranteed retirement+full pension at 65
Was it really that easy? I need some hard facts here
>>
>>29060307
The fug? 90s kids were always bombarded with TV messages telling them to recycle, stay in school, not do drugs, etc.
>>
>>29061754
Seriously. Nickelodeon and PBS in the 90s were full of that shit. And like somebody else said, B&B and Bart Simpson were satires and those shows didn't necessarily claim them as role models.
>>
>>29061122
>those myspace angles
still looks like a man anyways
>>
>>29058233
you're not white, are you?
>>
For society in general, the pluses outweighed the minuses.

Didn't have to worry about guns in schools. Or kids using cocaine or heroin. Unwed teenage mothers were very rare. That's just a few of many examples.
>>
>>29061842
You can't generalize like that. You can't universalize the particulars. You have to take this on an individual level. And who is to say that teenage pregnancy wasn't going on in the 1950's? Or kids using heroin or cocaine? I watched a documentary about gangs in the inner cities. That stuff was going on, it was just in the ghettos where it was hidden from view. Believe me when I say the 1950s weren't good for everyone, only those who were white and middle class. You are missing that point. If you look at it from a historical, political, and human point of view, maybe you would realize that.
>>
>>29061873
Not generalizing, just posting facts.
Teenage pregnancy (to unwed mothers) was very rare in the 50s. As was kids using heroin or cocaine.
Gangs in the 50s was nothing like gangs of today. For one thing, gangs back then were not exposed to dangerous drugs like crack cocaine.

It is inaccurate to say that the 50s were only good for white and middle class. THAT is generalization.
>>
>>29059525
Polio is actually a normal childhood illness that if contracted up to the age of 5 is no more harmful than chicken pox. The rise in living standards in the 50s meant that the onset of the disease was delayed to later in life when it could cause serious problems.

TB is making a big comeback and it's a highly resistant TB now, unlike the more treatable forms back then.
>>
My grandparents bought a house in the 50s. $14,000 house that they paid off on one family income in 15 years. One family income by a man with a high school diploma.

That house still exists. The very same house on the very same piece of land only today it would take two college graduates working to buy it. Same foundation, same wood, probably some repairs and upgrades but it's no bigger, no better, much older.
>>
this >>29061659
at any period from about 1870 until america became anal retentive about citizenship your best option in life was to immediately move to america
>>
My aunt was born in 1951 and she said when she entered HS in the mid-60s that the bar for girls was set very low. You weren't expected to do more than be a mindless homemaker who shat out babies and bought the latest home furnishings. Then she said in the early 70s as a young adult she got to be part of a social revolution that changed things for the better. Call it what you like, but as a gril, I'm thankful for women like my aunt who made it possible that I don't have to be a mindless homemaker who shits out babies and buys the latest furnishings.
>>
>>29061754
yeah, as a response to all the negative media they were exposed to

stupid conservatives can't see that gay ass psas only add to the problem
>>
>>29062010

Yeah, a single mom working two jobs to pay for chads kid is so much better.
>>
>>29062010
>mindless homemaker who shat out babies and bought the latest home furnishings
guess what?
women still do those things, to an even more degererate degree than before

now it's become entirely about them, and their feelings

at least in the 50s they managed to stay married for their kids' sake, and had some concept of frugality from growing up during the depression

also i can't see your tits
fix that
>>
>>29061842
>Didn't have to worry about guns in schools. Or kids using cocaine or heroin. Unwed teenage mothers were very rare.
Gun ownership was double what it is today, cocaine was LEGAL for a long as fuck time in this country, and teen pregnancy was the norm
>>
>>29062010

enjoy your below repacement birth rates so you can play your girl power fantasies

Also this, women's lib ruined literally everything

>>29062101
>>
>>29062114
Cocaine wasn't legal in the 50s though, it had been banned for years and years at that point.

It is true that drugs were not something seen among the teenager population back then and most drug users were jazz musicians or Bohemian artists.
>>
>>29061893
Really? Jim Crow segregation in the South, informal segregation in the North, restrictive covenants, highways projects that tore down many neighborhoods, widespread discrimination and bigotry. Doesn't sound good to me. For who I am and where I am now and the things I do, the 1950s would have been bad for me, not you, but me.
>>
>>29059393
This man is right. McCarthy did nothing wrong
>>
>>29062285
Segregation was better for blacks. Here's a piece written on the subject with several sources, it's just a fact.

http://thealternativehypothesis.org/index.php/2016/04/19/segregation/
>>
>>29061842
What? LOLno. Teenage pregnancy was quite common in the 50s, moreso than today. Girls put their baby up for adoption or had secret abortions.

My aunt actually knows a couple women her age who are in their 60s and are college-educated businesswomen who reconnected with children they had as teenagers and gave up for adoption.

Girls who got pregnant were expelled from school and after giving birth weren't allowed back. So although unwed mothers were not as overtly common as today, they definitely did exist.
>>
>>29062379

Your moms friends are whores

At least they weren't glorified like today

Like so many other moral failings, past societies used to hush it up instead of celebrating it.
>>
>>29062379
Indeed. My grandparents said that in those days, if a teenage girl got pregnant, she had to drop out of school and be sent to live with a distant relative so none of your family or friends knew and most such babies were given up for adoption. Still, a very small percentage of babies were born to unwed mothers. About 1% of white babies and 10% of black babies were born out wedlock, compared to 25% of white babies and over 70% of black babies today. And among teens, over 80% of their babies today are born out of wedlock, compared to only 10-15% during the 1950s.
>>
>>29060110
Are you saying the 50s was absolutely 100% miserable for 100% of blacks? Not any blacks anywhere did well back then? That seems hard to believe. Also it's not as if discrimination didn't exist before the 50s.

Are you telling me all those black musicians like Louis Armstrong and Nat King Cole were oppressed serfs who got lynched every week and picked cotton for a living?
>>
>>29062469
the point your head.jpg

I never said some blacks didn't do great in the 50s, but blacks as a whole are far better off in 2016 than 1955. Just because Nat King Cole had his own TV show didn't mean that most blacks weren't 3/5ths a human back then. The truth is out there and you're welcome to pick up a book and learn about it. It doesn't cancel out Jim Crow, civil rights protesters getting fire hosed, or blacks not being able to eat in the same restaurant or use the same bathroom as whites.
>>
>>29062528
What decade do you think was/is better than the '50s? As I said, the '50s was not the only decade in which there was bigotry and discrimination.

In case you don't know it, bigotry and discrimination still exists; it's not completely gone.
>>
>>29062420
Maybe, maybe not. Back in the 50s, people lied about things like unwed daughters having babies and then giving them up for adoption. I doubt that the stats are completely accurate.
>>
I am going to sound very cynical, but for some people, being treated with suspicion and fear, not to mention hatred, was the default for many in the 1950s. The 1990s is about the only decade I saw(the only decade I lived in anyway, I was born in 1986) where there was at least some decency. 2000 and after got kind of sad, especially after 2001.
>>
>>29062114
>gun ownership was double what it is today
and school shootings were unheard of
makes you wonder if there are deep cultural factors that lead to school shootings, instead of just using guns as a scapegoat

>cocaine was legal
and it was less pervasive. harsh drug laws made the drug problem worse. especially for latin american countries, who take all the bullets.

>teen pregnancy was the norm
yes, but no welfare, and rightful stigmatization of being an unmarried mother, meant that women would usually settle down and marry their babydaddy
>>
>>29062564
No maybes.
Unwed mothers are much more common today. The main reason: In the '50s, society had higher morals and values.

An example: A proposition legalizing "medical" marijuana would not only fail to pass, it would never have been on the ballot in the first place.
>>
>>29062585

Lmao what, the 50s were comfy as fuck. My grandmother was born in 1930 and she loved that time in the Midwest. No noggers and spics, everyone trustee each other.
>>
>>29062607
In the 50s, everything was whitewashed - literally and figuratively. All the bad stuff happened, it just wasn't reported. Technology was in its infancy and we received only the news that someone else thought was fit to print. White America was kept ignorant of a lot of things. Child molestation, wife beatings, alcoholism, those things people all pretended didn't exist.
>>
>>29062285
there are more black people killed by other black people in a year today than were killed by the ku klux klan during its entire history

face it, the civil rights movement and welfare have done more damage to black culture than jim crow, or even slavery
>>
>>29062607

Or gay """"marriage""""
>>
>>29058185

Fuck you.

fuck
>>
>>29061945
The rest of the world was in smoldering ruins following WWII. That changed when Europe and Japan rebuilt from the ruins of war. We had a near-monopoly on manufacturing and were absolutely swimming in cash. It was purely luck that allowed a blue collar worker with no higher education to have a guaranteed job and middle class existence.
>>
>>29060364
Don't be mad that daddy didn't love you.
>>
>>29062469
>using one in a million celebrities as an example of success
I mean, I think race relations were better in the 50s too, but still.
>>
>>29062632
There we go. My mother said the same things. These things always existed, just not reported or brought to the public's attention back then. People were shielded from certain realities. Now the truth is in your face. These ugly truths are nothing new, we just live in a more open society where you can talk about them now.
>>
>>29062607
marijuana has millenia of documented medicinal value

all the harsh drug laws introduced in the 40s thorugh 70s have actually increased crime and degeneracy among the lowest elements of the population
>>
>>29062632
>all the bad stuff happened, it just wasn't reported
This is key. The media latching onto and bombarding the average idiot with degeneracy helps cause more degeneracy.

Yes it happened in the 50s, but there was less of it because it wasn't worshiped.
>>
>>29062469
It was only "okay" if you were a fucking quadroon or octaroon
>>
My family in the 50s were first generation Jewish-Americans on one side and the pregnant teenage daughter of a single mother (who was a pregnant unwed teenager herself in the 1930s) on the other. Life was not all sunshine and rainbows, especially if you were not a white Christian male.

My maternal grandmother had no way out of her abusive marriage because divorce was hard to get, she would have had no way to support herself, and it made you into a social pariah. Her husband screwed the secretaries at work left and right while she had to put on her fake happy face, raise the kids, and keep the family's upper middle class Jewish standing. Finally in the 70s, after the women's lib movement was she able to leave my grandfather. She was an intelligent woman who had little opportunity for a meaningful career beyond being a schoolteacher.

While my parents once had a cross burned on their lawn in the early 90s for being Jewish in the South, I'd say life for non-WASPs in general is leagues better now than in the 50s.
>>
>>29062683
no, it was more than just luck

things went downhill when neoconservatives started fucking the economy and the working man in the 70s - 90s by selling all the jobs to china
>>
If you go by society (which still had morals and values) and crime rates, teenage unwed mothers/single mothers, drugs, etc, the '50s were MUCH better.
My grandmother and her sisters enjoyed the '50s very much... they didn't worry about "knowing their place and never attempt to exceed it" whatever that means.
>>
>>29062689
They weren't better. Nonwhite people (and even """white""" people like Italians and Irish) were shepherded into their own pockets. No one interacted and fought tooth and nail when they had to.
>>
>>29062688
he's right though
>raised by a single mother
>>
>>29062863
Wait, didn't all those free trade agreements with China and Mexico happen in the 90s when a Democrat occupied the White House?
>>
>>29062907
I guess it only sucks if you're a boy being raised by mom or a girl being raised by dad
>>
>>29062607
marijuana was only illegal because hearst got a bug up his ass about it
>>
File: 004.png (28 KB, 800x700) Image search: [Google]
004.png
28 KB, 800x700
>>29060904
i got u desu
>>
>>29062833
>jews complaining about oppression in the US
just stop
>>
>>29062889
I guess that's fine if you didn't aspire to more than being a homemaker/baby factory. But as a modern, educated woman I would find such a life completely miserable. I want a career, not a token job as a secretary or airline stewardess in my early 20s that ends once I get married and during which time I have to give my boss a blowjob once a week to keep my job.

That just wasn't possible for women in the 50s. I also guess none of your relatives had abusive husbands since in those days, there was no way out of such a relationship.
>>
I think you guys are settling for mediocrity and longing for the good old days that may or may not have existed. You're not guaranteed a decent life anymore, even with a degree. However, technology is what you have to use to get ahead,

For instance: people getting rich off bitcoins, youtube, video game streaming, start ups etc..
Being mediocre won't get you ahead with the threat of automation/globalization. I have a STEM degree and even I'm fucking worried.
>>
>>29062826
People living in communities surrounded by those of a similar genetic stock =/= bad race relations. It just means that people like living near people who are similar to them. People of different ethnicities still got along better back then. Maybe because they weren't forced to be around each other 24/7.
>>
>>29062994
When you're in your thirties you'll wish you had a family to spend time with instead of a soulless job. Women were happier back then for a reason.
>>
>>29062902
Even today, different white groups tend to keep to themselves, it's just somewhat less obvious.

This is expected and perfectly natural when you have a country full of a mess of different ethnicities.

Ethnic and racial tensions are worse now because people are more encouraged to self-segregate and pander than they were before the 60s and 70s.
>>
>>29062833

>Life was not all sunshine and rainbows, especially if you were not a white Christian male.

We want it that way.
>>
>>29062994

Enjoy your 30 cats. There is literally no point in being a woman if you're not going to have kids.
>>
>>29063048
>implying you're christian
>implying you're white
>implying you're not a NEETsoc tradcuck
>>
>>29062913
Don't worrry, I think most modern Democrats are crap too.

The democratic party today is about as conservative as the Republican party was in the 50s and 60s.

But it's true that Nixon was the first president to normalize relations with China, and turn them into a giant factory without any of those pesky worker's rights laws.
>>
>>29062994
>I also guess none of your relatives had abusive husbands since in those days, there was no way out of such a relationship.

Yeah except there was. It was called "divorce" and it was in fact a thing despite whatever your feminist professors have told you.
>>
>>29063087

>let me tell you about yourself

Sure thing pal
>>
>>29062940
no, a stable male figure is universally better for both genders
>>
I think the problem is that a lot of robots mistake their ennui for a Social Problem that needs Solving.

This isn't something the government, the media, or any combination thereof, can fix for you. There will always be Walter Mittys.
>>
>>29062968
most of the powerful jews are secular or atheist
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 804x446) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 804x446
>>29062968
>Jews
>strong work ethic
>>
>>29062833
To be a married woman in those days, if you had a dirtbag husband (and it was a lot easier to get away with that back then), it was a form of slavery. Society's brainwashing aside, why would you want to be a woman at a time when you were so vulnerable to your husband's whims? Well, I guess the single girl had little hope of being self-supporting and was doomed to live with relatives so she ended up making a trade-off into marriage in the hopes that things would be ok. Often, when they were not ok, it was blamed on her. She didn't try hard enough to please the dirtbag.

Even where women could get a job, they were often slaves to their bodies. Shotgun weddings and teen pregnancy were far more common then than now. True, fewer people are getting married now but what kind of marriage is it when you're forced into it?

I guess the pill was the big liberator and then legalized abortion. A British person told me there were special chartered flights that would land in England with nothing but pregnant Americans on board.
>>
>>29062994
what are your career plans?
>>
File: 003.png (33 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
003.png
33 KB, 800x600
>>29063154
>>29063159
here have another le twitter person picture
>>
>>29063162

Feminism is literally the death of societies. There is no point in women not having children.
>>
one thing about the 1950's...you didnt have older people living as long using medical and social services.

the older generation today can look back whimsically on their childhood in the 50s as they get a pension and all the medical care they could ever want.
>>
>>29063162
Women were happier back then than they are today. It's just a fact. No matter how much you try to make motherhood seem terrible you can't change facts.

http://www.nber.org/papers/w14969.pdf
>>
>>29063130
No, it isn't. I was raised by my dad and he didn't know jack shit about girls. All he knew was how to fuck them and that's it.
>>
>>29063199
You seem pretty anally flustered.
>>
>>29063201
my great grandfather was born in 1905, smoked like a chimney, and lived into his 90s
>>
>>29063162
Abortion was more or less legal in America at that time. Prior to Roe v Wade it was generally done through the family doctor (who would recommend one be performed) rather than some creepy "doctor" in a PP clinic.
>>
>>29063261

It's just some shill posting propaganda, he doesn't even reply b
>>
File: 002.png (21 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
002.png
21 KB, 800x600
>>29063235
"you're mad, you butthurt idiot", she howled in between calling for my castration and demanding riots
>>
>>29058185
>tfw when don't get to look forward to atomic war on a daily basis
>>
>>29062889
It's true that a lot of women didn't aspire to more than being a housewife and mother, but then they didn't have a lot of say in the matter either. Society told them that was a woman's place and that was that. Some women had loving husbands who believed in Christian values and didn't abuse them/drink/screw the secretaries at work, hell, my grandfather was one of them. But if your husband wasn't as nice of a guy as my grandfather, God help you. There was little you could do about it. A lot of women didn't even drive cars back then and relied on their husband or the bus for transportation.

There was a lot of crime too, especially in the urban areas and a seedy underbelly to society that was all covered up. There were also probably as many pedophiles as today, especially in the RCC, again all covered up.

And I've heard from my elder relatives that there were devote Christians back then who would choose to cross the street rather than walk on the sidewalk in front of a synagogue. A lot of times Catholics and Protestants would do this with each other's churches. Also dating someone outside of your religion? Blasphemy. I think Jews were not exempt from this prejudice, either. They were a minority and had it tough, yet I can't help but think if it had been reversed and Jews were the majority, they would have done likewise to Christians.
>>
>>29063094
No, it doesn't count as a way out unless he has to pay for your worthless ass the rest of your life.
>>
>demands widespread social change
>doesn't address how it's supposed to happen when I shoot the people who try to enforce it on me

don't fuck with a NEET's porn
>>
Idk, how would it have been if you ere hispanic?, sure, it wouldn't have been on par with whites but certainly not as horrific as blacks, Idk I'd probably have just run a family diner or something.
>>
File: 1464930017474.png (1 MB, 760x614) Image search: [Google]
1464930017474.png
1 MB, 760x614
>>29063425
>What is alimony?

It's almost like you don't know anything at all about how divorce actually works.
>>
>>29063451
You would have lived in a hispanic community and got along with other hispanics as well as whites.
>>
>>29063224
He doesn't sound very stable.
Anyway, that's just your particular situation.

Generally speaking, if the father legally ends up with the child, he's probably more stable than the mother, and controlling for stability, a man is a better parental figure than a woman. Though I'll admit that in most unplanned births the man is probably shittier than the woman.

Why did you end up with your father instead of your mother?

If she died i'm sorry.
>>
>>29063380
My grandmother got sent to her aunt and uncle's house for a few months when she was 16. Afterwards, she came home and resumed high school as if nothing had happened. To this day she has no idea what became of the baby she had to give up, its gender, whether it was adopted or not and to whom. No clue. Back in 1955, there was no other choice.

My grandmother on my other side wanted so bad to become a pilot, but she "settled" on being a stewardess instead.

The shotgun/pregnant weddings are still happening today. I know of three people myself who are still in marriages (they are under age 25) because their families forced them to get married because of 'family shame'. All three couples are completely miserable and unfortunately that is how the kids will be raised. But hey, at least they're married, right?

As for myself, I have a genetic disorder that, if this were the 50s, I'd be in a wheelchair with paralyzed joints at the age of 26 because there was no real way for medicine back then to treat it. Also my family would be shunned and ridiculed for producing a defective child.
>>
The 50s were great unless you happened to be the 65% of America that wasn't a white male.
>>
File: image.jpg (75 KB, 569x512) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75 KB, 569x512
>>29058185
>you will never live in the 50's
>you'll never have to come home to your alcoholic dad beating your family and abusing your siblings because loose child protection laws
>you'll never smell cigarette smoke 24/7 in public
>you will have to worry about dropping out of school to help your parents on their farm thus fucking up your future

Clearly you were white
>>
>>29063380
>also dating someone outside of your religion? blasphemy.
not seeing the problem

i don't have anything against jews who want their own kind to keep to itself
>>
>>29063499

I Can tell from your rambling posts you have a mental disorder
>>
Can someone please list five things that black people had better in the 1950s?

I could not live where I wanted.
I could not go to school where I wanted.
I could not have serve on a jury.
I could not vote.
I could not belong to any "professional" organizations
I could not drink from certain water fountains.
I could not swim in certain pools.
I could not own certain types of properties or businesses.
I could not be on the streets at sun down.
I could not receive a fair trail.
I could not defend the honor of my wife or my daughters.
I could not be called Sir or Mr.
I could not try on clothing before I decided to buy them.
I could not exercise any constitutional rights.
I could not say that, "I am a Man".

Please list the ways in which my life would have been better off?

Oh, one last one.
I could not have asked you these questions without being beaten and/or lynched.
>>
The 50s were based on unique and unsustainable circumstances.

All potential competitors were wrecked by WW2, and America was the only country of any size that had intact production facilities. It also had an intact infrastructure, ports on two oceans and a wealth of resources. Which was in an unbelievable demand due to rebuilding..everything, everywhere.
>>
>>29062805
HAYS CODE
A
Y
S

C
O
D
E
>>
>>29063499
>to this day she has no idea what became of the baby she had to give up, its gender, whether it was adopted or not and to whom. no clue.
Good. Sluts shouldn't be rewarded.

>as for myself, i have a genetic disorder that, if this were the 50s, i'd be in a wheelchair with paralyzed joints at the age of 26 because there was no real way for medicine back then to treat it.
The fuck does this have to do with gender roles between now and the 1950s? As soon as a woman seems like she might be even somewhat rational, she has to pull some irrelevant strawman out of her ass.

>also my family would be shunned and ridiculed for producing a defective child.
More true today than back then.
>>
>>29063549
I vote that we don't turn the clock back to those days until someone finds a way to bring Joe McCarthy back from the dead. People were happier? Which people--the ones whose lives and careers were ruined by the Senator's baseless accusations?
>>
>>29063600
Sorry blackbot, in every timeline you're fucked.
>>
>>29063600
Most of the things you listed aren't even true. Please actually study history and don't just regurgitate what BLM tells you like a low IQ negro.
>>
>>29063663
the hayes code sucked
pre-hayes films are great, post-hayes films are glurge and drib
you're a pleb
>>
>>29063600
Read my post again. Nowhere did I say that overall, life was better for you too. There is no need to get melodramatic. What I said was that the positive aspects of the 50s life ALSO held benefits for blacks and women, two groups who did genuinely need for things to change.

But I'll play your game.

Black families had two parents married to each other providing stability.
Black families were not riddled with drug addicted children.
Black families were not riddled with criminal children.
Black families did not have daughters who were having one or more children out of wedlock.
Black families were not dependent upon welfare.
>>
>>29063600
>Jim Crow existed country wide

Wow I sure can tell that you are black.
>>
>>29063551
>you'll never have to come home to your alcoholic dad beating your family and abusing your siblings because loose child protection laws
Foster care is so much better, sure.
>>29063551
>you'll never smell cigarette smoke 24/7 in public
MUH CANCER
>you will have to worry about dropping out of school to help your parents on their farm thus fucking up your future
Working for something of your own and learning discipline are bad. Very, very, bad.
>>
>>29063600
Okay- Like its limited to Black families.
I do not recall anyplace where anyone brought up race in this discussion

It was based on what some think were simpler times for everyone
black and white and brown, red and yellow.

No one really mentioned a game , just yearning for a simpler time without all the worldly causes and headaches.

Sorry to rant its just Cant we ever have a discussion with racial tones
>>
>>29063701
>the hayes code sucked
Yes, we're in agreement on that.

My point was that life seemed a lot better back then because of how strong the censorship laws were. But since people are always told WE HAVE FREE SPEECH they assume that entertainment media wasn't censored and portrayed life as it actually was.

Mid-century American government: "You can't portray American life as anything besides happy monoracial morally-strong families!"

21st-century Boomers/Nostalgiagoggled millenials: "Wow life was so much better back then, look at all those happy, morally-strong families in their monoracial society!!! Not like modern degeneracy!"
>>
>>29063005
I think you meant to send this to another anon
>>
>>29063744
race is pretty relevant in discussing the differences between the 50s and modern times

>white and somewhat far-right
>>
>>29063704
>Black families were not riddled with drug addicted children.
Nor are they today, what stats will support your claim? White males have higher marijuana use than black or Hispanic males. Similarly, white females have higher levels of use than black or Hispanic females.
African-American high school students who are current users of cocaine: 1.1%
White high-school students who are current users of cocaine: 4.1%
More whites get busted for drugs than blacks.
>Black families were not riddled with criminal children.
The overwhelming stats suggest the rise in black incarceration was do mainly to the lopsided enforcement of drug cases.

White person gets busted for cocaine=go to rehab, get probation
Black person gets busted for crack=jail time

If dealers get nailed with 500 grams of powder cocaine, they automatically get five years in prison. But if they get caught with five grams of crack, they get the same penalty.

Crack offenders have traditionally been treated more severely than those caught with powdered cocaine, a disparity that has weighed heavily on the minority community: last year 82% of crack offenders were black, while 72% of powder-cocaine offenders were white or Hispanic.

>Black families did not have daughters who were having one or more children out of wedlock.

Again, you are mistaken. Black and white girls were getting pregnant. They were shipped off to other family members, homes for expectant mothers, moved due to social stigma, or got a backroom abortion.
>>
>>29063797
yeah meanwhile in the 50s you could get legal heroin and meth, then jog on over to mexico and fuck prime teen pussy from the CIA agent selling drugs from his jeep

the option to be a beat might be nice though
>>
>>29063797
the average person is too stupid to fully digest and process what he sees and hears from the media

this is the most convincing argument for censorship

there's no point shoving the truth down the throats of people who can't comprehend it
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.