[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your opinion on therapy? And how do I start? I feel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_nsx6sgGNwP1udwanoo1_400.jpg (5 KB, 252x161) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nsx6sgGNwP1udwanoo1_400.jpg
5 KB, 252x161
What's your opinion on therapy? And how do I start? I feel like I'm losing my fucking marbles lately and I think I need to talk to a professional
>>
You get what you put into it.

It's really not that helpful.

Sometimes it felt good to actually talk about my problems for once. But it was an emotional need, that is what friends are for. I didn't have any friends to talk to, so a therapist filled my void.

Chances are, talking to a therapist will change nothing. Seems more like you just need someone to console you, hug you, and tell you that you're just fine the way you are and things will be alright. If you don't have that, maybe you need that.
>>
>>29057950
>that is what friends are for. I didn't have any friends to talk to, so a therapist filled my void.
Yeah I'm considering doing this too.
I really need to talk to people. I haven't talked to anyone about personal issues for a really long time.
>>
I have limited experience with therapy. I've only ever been to one session and that was for my brother when I was in middle school. I suspect that they aren't very helpful. I don't see how a person prying into your story and problems will help them go away.
>>
It's not going to cure any of your problems. Therapy is just going to frame them in a different way to make you look like an idiot so you can see how much of a fucking idiot you actually are, then make you realize you need to change. Nothing more, nothing less.
>>
>>29057950
I have friends but I feel really really fucking gay consoling in people. Friends are supposed yo be fun. No one wants to hear that sbout my suicid As l thoughts, or my general disenfranchisement with the work-sleep-party-fuck-die culture or how I fucked myself with student loan debt. I feel like I crossed s very important barrier and reached the peak of my life. Now it's all down hill and I'm not sure if it's worth going on

I jusg want someone I can unpack this on guilt free, but you're right, I can't see how they'd help
>>
>>29058037
I'd be quite happy doing this to. Cause right now none of my problems seem temporary
>>
Talking to people on forums and this place has helped me with my problems a LOT more than the several therapists I've seen since middle school. If you find a good one then it could help, but most don't do much famalam. If you do go through with finding one, just try to find someone who looks like he can relate to you, not some old lady or some shit
>>
Therapy is useless. I've decided to just hope that my mental issues disappear on their own. It hasn't worked yet, but in an optimist
>>
>>29058245
What about it mskes it useless?
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.