[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Retailcuck General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 118
File: hairloss feel.png (118 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
hairloss feel.png
118 KB, 800x800
>tfw they keep playing the same pink songs every day
>>
>>29057620
>tfw the radio plays shitty 70s music on a loop (before someone jumps on my ass, I don't think all 70s music is shit) and the only song you can look forward to is Roundabout by Yes because you can mutter za warudo under your breath amd feel cool
>>
>5 minutes after closing and you're cleaning up
>someone comes along and asks if you're open.

just kill me already, get it over with
>>
bump, not a retailbro but i love these threads
>>
File: 1456792168246.jpg (23 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1456792168246.jpg
23 KB, 499x499
>work at best buy
>95% of customers are old people that come up to me and say "I'm what you call TECHnologically illiterate ;^)" before pausing for a laugh as if they're the first person to ever say that
>>
>>29060041
what does that even mean? I don't get the joke
>>
File: time to kill myself.png (212 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
time to kill myself.png
212 KB, 500x282
>>29060247
There's no joke, they just think they're hilarious for using the term technologically illiterate. I don't understand what's so fucking funny about it.
>>
>creepy stuck in here job kind of people have to push carts
>bright i'm going to move up here stay inside

i didn't mind pushing carts. people pretty much left me alone. i quit there three years ago, they some how still remember me.
>>
Worked in a vacuum cleaner store

>half the customers use the joke "does it suck?" while I'm talking to them, have to pretend to laugh as if it's the first time I've heard it
>managers made us play this shitty mix on a CD that consisted of intense techno music interspersed with advertising messages, all the customers hated it
>tried to sell people actual good vacuums but people only wanted cheap shit, tried to point out the difference in quality but most people wouldn't listen
>a few months later would see about a third of the people who bought cheap shit come back to get it fixed because it'd broken down, angry at me for selling them that vacuum

>tfw one of those cheap vacuums caught on fire and the customer had to pick it up and throw it out the window to avoid it burning down the house, somehow we managed to avoid being taken to court by just giving her another cheap one.
I chuckled.
>>
File: 1462396163737.jpg (1 MB, 5359x4048) Image search: [Google]
1462396163737.jpg
1 MB, 5359x4048
>>29057620
I can give you many stories

>wandering store putting stuff back on shelves
>people randomly decide they don't want certain items and instead of putting them back where they belong, they just leave them everywhere.
>person walks up to me
>"excuse me do you work here?"
>No I just wear the shirt for kicks
>asks me where something is
>its right there to their left 2 feet away

>Cashiering
>Checking out a black family
>every time they buy like 8 of those tiny little bags of doritos or lays or whatever
> they start eating them as they're checking out
>talking with mouth full, etc. etc.
>try not to fucking vomit as I check them out.

>People who cut in front of people in line to get cigarettes
>they literally walk into the store and step in front of people in line.
>fucking smokers

>Doing the express lane
>10 items
>Every time EVERY fucking time, they come in with 23 items.
>explain this is for 10 items or less
also
>open up on second express lane and tell the people in line I can check them out over here
>they stare at me blankly and stay in line
>its like you don't want to be out of the store today

>Something doesn't scan
>"Haha does that mean its free?"
>You're the only one who has ever said that

>people who don't help bag when they have 60,000 items
>lean on the counter and watch you get swept away by an avalanche of groceries
>they get $200 of free food on Ebt, go and read a magazine or get on their Iphone while you scan it all, and then get someone to take it out for them.

Such is life for a humble cashier
I can probably come up with more if you want.
>>
File: 1407379725380.jpg (22 KB, 431x314) Image search: [Google]
1407379725380.jpg
22 KB, 431x314
>>29057620
>tfw you take second shift after staying up more than a day on uppers
>tfw you almost fucking space out while giving someone change like 20 min before close

JFMSU
>>
File: 1447460916836.jpg (37 KB, 500x366) Image search: [Google]
1447460916836.jpg
37 KB, 500x366
>>29058409
>It's the 52nd encore of Benny and the Jets
>>
>>29060840
>I can probably come up with more if you want.
please do

I'm keking hard
>>
File: tumblr_nuj18yQF4h1u3o101o1_1280.jpg (300 KB, 1280x1105) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nuj18yQF4h1u3o101o1_1280.jpg
300 KB, 1280x1105
at least you don't work in fast food / serving

I truly want to die
>>
>Tfw work nights at a grocery
>work with a schizo who talks to invisible people and has a loud bone chilling laugh like a serial killer
>doesn't shut up for the entire shift
>can feel my own sanity unravel after almost a year of this shit

I just wanted to work a nice quiet night shift bros.
>>
File: Laughter Stops.jpg (56 KB, 313x254) Image search: [Google]
Laughter Stops.jpg
56 KB, 313x254
>shitty coworker who throws you under the bus regularly, never does his job, foists his tasks onto you, blames you when things go wrong because of him (and he's been working there longer so management believes him)
>quit job
>see coworker at the place still (it was a grocery store)
>tries to pretend to be your friend
>>
File: cupid offering.png (441 KB, 516x584) Image search: [Google]
cupid offering.png
441 KB, 516x584
>take up tutoring position
>no one ever comes in for tutoring because they're too proud to ask for help
>paid to sit around and browse imgur (because I'd never be so dumb as to browse 4chan at work)

Tell me again how I'm getting cucked.
>>
File: 1462393379802.jpg (1 MB, 1633x2333) Image search: [Google]
1462393379802.jpg
1 MB, 1633x2333
>>29060840
Gonna keep posting to keep thread alive
>your total is $14.56
>hands me a 20
>i enter it in
>oh, i have some change too here
>fucking shit nigger Too late

>bagging food, minding my own business
>person comes up and asks me to carry their stuff out
>say in so many words "i'll help you as soon as this person's stuff is bagged"
>They get pissed that i don't drop this other customers stuff to come help them out
>am I supposed to just leave in the middle of bagging so i can put your 4 items in your car?
>fucking wait your turn

>Old people
>fucking old people
>its like They spent their entire fucking life channeling their anger, just to take it all out on YOU.

>person buys a candy and a soda
>pays for it in a 100 dollar bill
>every time

>bagging for a black family
>glance at them briefly while bagging
>they're looking at you like you're the lowest scum on earth
>fine geez.
>>
>>29060840
Yeah, I'm going to need the artist's name.

That picture is beautiful.
>>
>old man wants 500g brand A butter
>no place in fridge for such an item, only 250g tubs
>he insists it was sold here last week
>ask supervisor, he says we've never sold it, he's not even sure it exists
>offer compromise to old man, he can have 2x250g tubs for the same price he imagines he saw the 500g tub
>"that's not enough butter"
>youfuckingwotmate.wav
>"I want 500g, that is not enough!"
>"But 2x250=500"
>old man throws his hands in the air and walks off, loudly complaining of my incompetence
>>
>>29060840
dam america is weird, in britain we have to bag ourselves, and there is no 10 items or less isle, there is just the self checkout where we have the machine scanners and do it ourselves.
>>
>retail

Kek!

I'm about to go work third shift at my comfy caregiver job and spend 95% of my shift playing vidya on the flat-screen in the nice TV room. I think I might finish FF7 or maybe gain some levels in Overwatch tonight! I might even make myself a snack or order myself a pizza. The best part? I probably make more than you too.

I get to live the NEET life and still get a paycheck. Goodie!
>>
>>29061532

make sure you wipe mr oldie's prolapsed anus properly or you'll get fired.
>>
>"today you're working in the freezer department, anon"
>"but I don't know what you do there"
>"it's easy somebody will be there to explain"
>5 minutes into shift
>"hey anon, can you take over"
>"no"
>"thanks buddy"
>>
>>29057620
If only you put your all in high school (free education) you would've been noticed by colleges. Hell, might have gotten a scholarship.
>>
>>29060332
>>29060041
>>29060247
It's not actually funny, just trying to lighten the mood with laughter, albeit fake, but not fraudulent. Autists like you wouldn't understand, you take everything literally, and on top of that are judgmental pricks.
>>
File: 1437274119288.jpg (585 KB, 1259x947) Image search: [Google]
1437274119288.jpg
585 KB, 1259x947
I cashier at a grocery store. This may sound dumb, but I seriously don't know how to bag groceries. I just can't do it. Or at least, I can't do it in a way that customers want.

I understand you separate things like cleaning products from food. And bloody meat from produce. I get that. What I don't get is how people want their bags "shaped" and packed in a really specific way. When I personally buy groceries I tend to just shove shit in the bag. And yet when I bag groceries, people get mad that i'm not doing it in a really specific way.

I often panic. If there's some soap, some fruit, some cereal boxes, and some cold cheese and some eggs coming down the belt, my training says that these are all supposed to go in a different bag. So I have no idea what to do. I think my spatial IQ is just super low.'

Also, I suck with those re-usable bags. They seem to flop everywhere and are awkward as fuck to bag.

It makes me feel like an idiot because my store hires literally retarded people to bag groceries, and I can't even do it.
>>
>>29061080
nah it'd be cool to listen to him talk, plus he's a crazy nutter so you'd have an excuse to be quiet the whole time if you wanted.
>>
>>29061225
That sounds pretty stinking great
>>
How awkward is lunch break?
>>
>>29058471
That's why you lock the door....?

>Customer takes long ass time to order, Mumbles, tries to find change in his pockets and sometimes even puts it on the counter to count at
>makes a remarkable with how slow I am because the food is out before our business at the register is over

Admittedly only happens occasionally but It sucks when it does
>>
One of my fucking coworkers tries to argue with me in front of customers.

Last week she was like why don't you call their names together because they're a couple, I explained how they have separate checks so it wouldn't make sense, then they come to pick up their food and she escalates the conversation to appear righteous.

My Chad coworker told me he hates that girl right after though
>>
>>29061748
I can help you, that was the only part of the job I liked.

With reusable bags you don't want to use their little hooks if they came with them, you want to hook one of their carry straps over something to hang them (make sure it actually holds, maybe twist it once or twice to loop it), or wind their handles around something. You can also prop them open with a bowl of cereal or some juice, something tall and heavy enough.

You don't have to pack things in the order they are presented. Take them off the belt and put them somewhere else to hold onto them until you find enough like items to pack a whole bag. If you have the room, pack multiple bags at once: cold things, canned goods and cleaners, fruits and vegetables, etc.

Remember to distribute the weight evenly. Just because a bag could hold 3 bottles of milk does not mean it must or should. Usually I wouldn't pack more than 5kg in a single bag which was about two bottles of juice and a box of cereal. The exception to this is if they explicitly ask for as few bags as possible (but you still have to be cautious the bags don't break).

Sharp items like freezer packets, some cleaning packages and carrots can pierce holes in plastic or paper bags and this will destroy the bag very quickly. Odds are a broken bag either had a hole in it already or something poked a hole which grew larger under the strain. Don't bother repacking everything, just pack the entire bag into a second bag ("double bagging").

Dense or heavy items must be packed at the bottom of the bag otherwise they squash over items, or the bag becomes top-heavy and tips over. Lighter items go at the top EXCEPT FOR EGGS. Eggs have no business being at the top of anything except a very stable bag that is weighted below and has a "nest" at the top that holds the eggs in place laterally. Boxes of cereal and loaves of bread are ideal for this purpose. Sometimes it's best to send the eggs on their own, lest they be broken.
>>
>Mop the floor in preparation for closing
>Someone comes in a minute later, tracks mud around the entire store
>Leaves without buying anything

k i l l

m e
>>
File: 1454892982997.jpg (344 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1454892982997.jpg
344 KB, 633x758
>>29057620
>just started a job at a grocery store
>every second fucking customer asks me where things are
>"where is the sliced cheese?"
>"do you have any red potatoes?"
>"I need to find a barbecue lighter"
>"where is the asparagus?"
>"are these unwashed fucking fresh carrots with the stalks still on them 'organic'?"
Holy shit I had NO IDEA how fucking stupid people were. I can't even believe it. I have shit to do, my job has nothing to do with customer service and they still have the nerve to waste my fucking time with this inane shit at every given opportunity.

I mean how fucking stupid do you have to be to not be able to find these things after a brief search? This is a grocery store not a god damned Best Buy, everything is in a clearly defined section, just look for it yourself you fucking lazy pieces of trash.
>>
File: 1439086659288.jpg (92 KB, 500x693) Image search: [Google]
1439086659288.jpg
92 KB, 500x693
>>29061988

Wow anon thank you very much. Seems like you've really mastered the art.
>>
File: 1444285594542.jpg (400 KB, 1200x950) Image search: [Google]
1444285594542.jpg
400 KB, 1200x950
>>29062030

WAGIEEEEE, GET ME YOUR MANAGER.
>>
>>29061748
>>29061988
Take note of bags you've packed that worked well. For example, two loaves of bread and a box of cereal works very well. You'll probably encounter the same collection of items again and again, so if you have worked out a good way they can be packed together then it makes your job easier by eliminating a few items off the bat. Sometimes you can substitute an item from an existing combination. Using the above example, say you have a box of cereal, a packet of eggs and one loaf of bread. You put the cereal in first to hold the bag open, you put the eggs down next so they aren't at risk of tipping over, then you lay the bread down on top of the eggs.

Boxes of cereal are really the line piece in this game of Tetris. They hold open bags, they can be packed with fruit, they can be packed with bread, they can be packed with juice. Do not waste cereals by packing them together unless they're all that is left. They're a great way to divide up the weight across bags. If you have 2 cereals, 2 juices and 2 bags, pack 1 cereal and 1 juice in each bag.

There are certain items that you have to pack around. I already mentioned eggs. Another is bloodied meat: this can be wrapped in a plastic bag to prevent leakage then placed in with the other cold items. Grapes and other extremely squishy fruits can be placed under the bread. Odd items like birthday cards or wrapping paper should be slotted between two boxes of cereal, or in a divide between two walls of biscuits or between loaves of bread. This will prevent them being bent or warped. A folded newspaper or any catalogues the customer is holding can be slotted in similarly (which will win you big points with them if they were carrying any).

Don't be afraid to ask customers to pass you an item that you can see would be perfect for your bag but you cannot reach. Just tell them it would be best to pack it in with the other items in the bag. Eventually you can train any regulars to suitably group items on the belt
>>
>>29062166
I'm not allowed to ignore customers so I do actually have to point them in the direction of someone who actually knows about whatever stupidly specific thing they want. I'm on my second day and I've had a total of about 20 people ask me shit I can't answer so far, it's utterly insane. They'll ask me where a specific produce item is when I'm on the opposite end of the store, or ask me which isle contains a specific item when all the isles literally have whatever types of items are in them displayed on a sign above the isle, they make NO EFFORT to look for this shit at all.

Sorry I can't help you find the fucking asparagus when I'm 16 isles away from the produce section, I don't have X-ray vision.
>>
>>29062030
>Do you know where the toilet paper is?

I don't know, maybe down the isle with the fuck off massive sign that says toiletries you fucking spastic.
>>
>>29062120
No problem, lad. If anything it's more important than "customer service", but they never want to talk about it in training. In my experience the customers much prefer their bags to be well-packed than a fake smile and generic small-talk anyway.
>>
>>29061573
>implying

I'm not that kind of caregiver silly! I work with traumatic brain injury victims. Never had to wipe an ass, never will! Besides, they're all asleep for most of my shift. The only thing I really have to do is give one of the clients their meds at a certain time.
>>
File: 1390400597675.png (60 KB, 719x659) Image search: [Google]
1390400597675.png
60 KB, 719x659
LITTLE TOO LOUD ON THE HIGHWAY

SOMETHING SOMETHING GOING MY WAY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5AEcOtNeNg

They play this shit EVERY FUCKING DAY. Tim McGraw fifteen times every shift. It's fucking AWFUL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awzNHuGqoMc
>>
File: 1455849001434.png (188 KB, 1035x800) Image search: [Google]
1455849001434.png
188 KB, 1035x800
>tell a customer their coupon doesn't work
>they get mad at me

I-I'm sorry....I'm just doing my job....
>>
>>29062030
>>29062293

there are some people, especially older people, that just like to talk to everyone that they can because they're lonely. and if it's a person your age asking dumb questions like that it means they like you - for you autists out there that don't understand human interaction
>>
>>29057620
>Excuse me, do you work here?
Who the fuck else do you see organizing the shelves?
>Where is x, show them x, this isn't x
I want to crush your eyes in with my bare hands and bite out your tongue
>>
File: bouncing around.jpg (201 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
bouncing around.jpg
201 KB, 1920x1080
>work as a glorified lifeguard in a trampoline park
>working in the park means standing around for 7.5 hours watching people jump up and down
>people can rent out big hamster balls that you can roll around inside on the trampolines
>teenagers rent them out and ram the fuck out of each other all the time
>little kids always get curious when they're rented
>one day two grown ass looking all american 16 year olds rent them out, linebacker types
>battle of the titans begins
>little spectators begin to take notice of action
>two titans are bunnyhopping to each other from a distance
>little kids come close to see the victor
>both collide and get sent in the other direction
>little timmy who moved behind gets soul smacked out of him as he flies backwards
>kid walks it off like a champ

The job is mundane but those moments make the day brighter.

pic related.
>>
>>29062277

i don't get cereal boxes

they simply dont fit in the bag
>>
File: 4-chan-feels-virtual-world.jpg (101 KB, 989x785) Image search: [Google]
4-chan-feels-virtual-world.jpg
101 KB, 989x785
>work night shifts
>no customers
>just me and the shelves all night long
>the fucking boringness

I literally just phase out and think of other things just to make time go past and usually I just end up reminiscing all the mistakes I made with my life.

Even though work is a 5 minute walk away and I managed to save like 400-500bucks a month on a 30 hour work week, I still find it insanely hard to push through and do a 37.5 work week to push my saving to ~800 so I can actually have a pool of emergency dosh or just buy nice things.
>>
Aaaaaaaand this is why i work overnight stocking. FUCK interacting with ANYONE. Fuck other human beings. I come in an hour before the store closes and untill im called to the backroom i hide in the punch clock room
>>
>>29062382
The customer is always wrong.

If you judge yourself by the approval you receive from these subhumans you'll be on a fast track to suicide, because no matter what you can never ever truly please the customers, your only hope is to be as unremarkable as possible. As soon as they leave the store they should ideally forget everything about you, that is the best you can hope for.
>>
>>29062451
That's unfortunate. In my country they fit perfectly. If they really won't go in, then just pass them along as if they were a dozen rolls of toilet paper or a bag of potatoes.
>>
>coworker greets me with how many hours I'm making that week
>he always talks about how I get special treatment and get such great hours
>they actually cut my hours cause they're shit
>goes on rambling about how he doesn't have money for shit and his hours are cut
>happens at least twice a day

He's a really nice guy but such a fucking downer to be around. He tells everyone how he has no money and his hours are cut and talks about it for like 30 minutes.

I have no idea if he wants a hand out or what.
>>
File: 1394651427900.png (17 KB, 492x317) Image search: [Google]
1394651427900.png
17 KB, 492x317
>at fast food
>45 minutes after closing
>sent the rest of the employees home to save on labor/get some quiet
>lights are all out, save for the back
>sign says closed, no outdoor lights on
>see truck pull up to drive-thru on camera
>ignore it, go back to work
>10 minutes later, hear honking
>literally just pressing down on their horn non-stop
>it's the same truck, still sitting alone in the dark
>ignore them to keep working
>5 minutes later and they're still slamming on their horn
>peek outside a window
>huge hambeast just leaning forward on their horn and yelling
>"WHY ARE YOU CLOSED?"
>"I'M HUNGRY YOU ASSHOLES!"
>"WHY ARE YOU CLOSED!?"
>they finally leave just before I finish up
>hear from another manager that we got about 4 calls from a furious person the next morning
>they didn't even say why they were angry, just that they were there the previous night followed by death threats

how do these people even function
>>
>>29062281
>I'm not allowed to ignore customers so I do actually have to point them in the direction of someone who actually knows about whatever stupidly specific thing they want. I'm on my second day and I've had a total of about 20 people ask me shit I can't answer so far, it's utterly insane

I work at a small business competitor to Home Depot and it's like this for me. These customers unironically think I know where every tiny thing in the store is when shit isnt even organized well and the computer system is based on MS-DOS.

It's awful, and there was barely any official training
>>
Im a cashier and I can't see the bottom of the customers cart. Its impossible. What kind of shitty design choice was this?
>>
>>29060935
>>29058409
>>29057620
This is honestly a major reason why I won't ever go back there.
People think I'm crazy, but it's soul crushing.
I can't help but compare Jon Bon Jovi's faces seen:faces rocked ratio to my own and get instantly depressed.
>>
File: Infinity_Mirror_Effect.jpg (160 KB, 1235x941) Image search: [Google]
Infinity_Mirror_Effect.jpg
160 KB, 1235x941
>>29062589

Does it just go on forever anon?
>>
>>29062421
>and if it's a person your age asking dumb questions like that it means they like you
I think you may be underestimating their stupidity. What I learned early on is I'm essentially babysitter. Maybe you've worked in this field and had different results, but I can assure you mine don't reflect your sentiments. Maybe a few more could post for sample size?
>>
>>29062623
It's inhuman. People don't understand it because they haven't heard it loop yet. They don't work in a store that only has the one 16 hour track that plays from the start of trading hours to the end, every single day. Every time you work your shift you know which songs will play and when. It's ruined approximately 150 songs for me.
>>
>>29062485
Why do overnight teams never do any actual fucking work? At my store for the last 2 weeks overnight has left us shit tons of pallets full of merchandise around the store. Usually in the middle of the fucking aisles so we have to move them somewhere discreet and work on them for like 6+ hours. We can't get any actual work done.
>>
>>29057620
One of the funnest moments was shutting down a nigger when she attempted to shortchanged.
One of the worst was when my first day an old man screamed and threw tomatoes at me
>>
>>29062821

Yeah, I work at a big retail store and overnight seems to create more problems than not. A lot of the work done throughout the day is just fixing what overnight messed up the night before and overnight never gets in trouble.
>>
>>29062447
Sounds pretty fucking fun desu, even if it is boring.
>>
>>29062821
>>29062890

wish it was like that in my superstore.

overnight does almost all the work. dayfucktards are almost nowhere to be seen and usually just fucking around.

I'm sure the night team on a fucking tuesday is 3x bigger than the day team on a saturday.
>>
>>29062953

Definitely far from the worst job I could have when it comes to minimum wage bullshit. It's especially fun seeing the dickhead teenagers trip up on the pads after being told not to run on the trampolines. Easy money for sure. Helped a lot with my socializing since we're encouraged to converse with the customers.
>>
File: 1461257646414.png (148 KB, 645x772) Image search: [Google]
1461257646414.png
148 KB, 645x772
>>29062890
In my location everyone, day and night, seems to fuck up all the time due to the convoluted systems we have in place. Every single process we go through could be reduced by like 10 steps easily if anybody actually cared. We spend about as much time fixing mistakes as we do actually performing productive work.

I blame the old men in management that don't know how computers work. Every electronic system is antiquated and convoluted beyond all hell, they don't really give a shit because they think that as long as the electronic systems aren't broken they're at peak performance, they have no idea what optimization even means.

>you know it would be a lot easier if each employee had a single account instead of 3 for different duties, it would be less trouble as they wouldn't need to log out and back into services every time they swap tasks
>"what is an account?"
>>
>>29057620
In the place I worked they used to put this allday everyday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUafN3C2Uzo
>>
>>29062513
maybe it was this same guy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqRPOEa3P44
>>
>>29062690
well, yes, there are some truly stupid people. even a majority for sure. my point is not everyone has the same motive. for example, i've been going to the same grocery store for like 5 years and sometimes they move shit especially for that stuff you rarely need, like medicine or idk bug spray; and in those times i usually look for someone that i've seen working in the store before and ask them, and sometimes there's a qt that's been there for years and is a manager now and i'll go ask her at the customer service desk. she probably thinks i'm a moron but whatev, she's nice and it kind of feel like i know her since she's been there for years.
>>
File: 44958854.gif (491 KB, 500x366) Image search: [Google]
44958854.gif
491 KB, 500x366
>woman tries to do the change shuffle with me
>gives me a bill wants change, gives me another bill wants change, gives me back 2 bills wants change
>trying to confuse me to give her back more money
>I play along
>tfw mathematician
>in total she gives me $45
>in return she gets $45, just in tons of small bills
>she counts her money walking away and loudly goes "What the fuck?!"
>looks back at me all pissed and walks out
>>
>>29063597
That's brilliant, especially the delayed effect.
Wish I was as good at math, I must depend on slowing them down and cutting them off, but it's still pretty fun on a petty level.
>>
>>29063597
did she buy anything? if she did she got it for free
>>
>Manager puts you on a 7.5 hour shift so you don't get two 15 min breaks
>>
>>29062456
I used to work this shift. We only had flip phones back then so I couldn't even surf the net when no one was around.
>>
Its the only thing I hate about my job.

Last month they felt mercy and put in a cd with 80's music. After it finished playing it got stuck on the first track for six fucking hours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E74QUwwoV3A
>>
>>29063856
look at what i go through in >>29062374
>>
>>29063874
i like the sound of that, breh :^)
>>
File: 1412312365.jpg (56 KB, 640x650) Image search: [Google]
1412312365.jpg
56 KB, 640x650
>>29057620

> wal-mart radio
>>
File: celestial frog.png (93 KB, 467x496) Image search: [Google]
celestial frog.png
93 KB, 467x496
WHY ARE OLD PEOPLE SO ENTITLED
>>
>>29063899
oh god -_-
>>
I've worked for Coach, Johnston & Murphy, and multiple hotels. All had the most cancerous annoying soundtrack playlists. It got to the point where I would have to just find the joy in the stupid fucking songs.

FUCK WORKING
>>
>>29063780
No she just wanted change.
>>
>>29063909
They seem to be that or super relaxed, but I've found a lot can depend on your demeanor
>>
>Customer pulls out a bag full of coupons
>Half the coupons don't work and have to explain why for each one
>>
File: wright-enl.jpg (30 KB, 258x309) Image search: [Google]
wright-enl.jpg
30 KB, 258x309
>>29057620
>wageslave for a year
>going pretty ok
>sudden illness
>neet it up for awhile
>supposed to get better fast
>never did
>most likely going to be neet until death
>mfw massive burden on those around me
>mfw I'm pitiful enough that I hear them cry at night
fuck, I want to go back
>>
>Going shopping for snacks at a safeway
>Some cunt gets uppity with the guy scanning items, can't be older than 20, doing his best to put up with her shit
>She storms off and bitches to management
>I ask him what the fuck she was bitching about
>We both have a good laugh and I walk out

I was in the same position.
Feels good being able to get soccer moms to shut the fuck up since I no longer work there
>>
today, i got an old bitch's panties in a bunch because i didn't know what a table was made of, off the top of my head

i work in a pharmacy, so it's not like i'd know this type of shit

to top it off, the answer was literally on top of the table, so all she had to do was fucking look on the table
>>
>>29064369
nice bragpost, now fuck off
>>
>working line cook at college
>Indian couple walks up to my line
>Points at an egg
>Asks me to tell then what that is
>Dumbfounded, I ask them what exactly it is that they want
>They really want me to describe an egg
>I'm sure they're fuckiny with me, so I just ask them if they want to speak to my manager
>They say no and legitimately ask me to describe an egg

Cut my life into pieces.

Also when rude Indians would walk in I'd put beef in their vegetarian meals
>>
>>29061748
Instead of a wall of text, I'll tell you this: put bigger items in first. The rest should fall into place once you know that.
>>
File: yowsah.jpg (39 KB, 960x685) Image search: [Google]
yowsah.jpg
39 KB, 960x685
>>29064491
>Also when rude Indians would walk in I'd put beef in their vegetarian meals
>>
File: 1459520484548.png (50 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1459520484548.png
50 KB, 768x1024
im drunk so please excuse me

im a cashier. its miserable. i dont understand why i have to appear "happy" all the time. customers always tell me "why aren't you smiling?". Im not smiling because I'm doing a boring job, I need to do this in order to pay for food and a roof over my head. I am not happy about it. The fact that customers and management expect me to actually enjoy it, is heart wrenching.

Also: I feel like everything is always made to be my fault. A coupon doesn't work? If I put it through, the supervisor gets mad that I gave them the deal. If I don't put it through, the supervisor gets mad that I didn't pacify the customer.

When I work there I just want to fucking kill myself. I have thoughts of smashing my head into the fucking wall and stabbing myself with a knife. It's so boring.
>>
>stocking shelves in beverage aisle
>woman walks in on opposite side of the aisle and picks up 3 12 packs of Pepsi
>she comes further down the aisle and picks up a 12 pack of Coke and Dr Pepper
>she puts 2 of the Pepsis where there Coke and Dr Pepper belongs
>she turns and sees that I saw her put the Pepsis in the wrong spot
>"...So you're going to put those Pepsis back right?"
>she mutters "S-sorry" and puts the Pepsis back where they go

>ringing up some lady
>she wants cash back and hits the button for it
>for whatever reason sometimes the system just doesn't do the cash back, happens maybe twice a week at most
>it doesn't give them their cash back but it also doesn't charge their card so it's not like it's too big of a deal
>it doesn't work this time
>she gets pissy because now she has to do another transaction to get her precious $20 bill
>she grabs a pack of gum and slams in on the counter
>as she grabs the gum the box falls and the other packs scatter across the floor
>"Hey, the register messed up and you're upset, but that doesn't mean you can trash my store. Pick those up."
>she actually fucking picks them up

Retail became a lot more fun after I stopped letting customers walk over me.
>>
File: 1437666209792.gif (992 KB, 389x259) Image search: [Google]
1437666209792.gif
992 KB, 389x259
>started working at a liquor store
>was expecting typical management
>whoops no it isn't
>husband+wife owners, took over 6 months ago, they're seriously laid back
>flex my depression alcohol experience, impress them in the first month
>raise

surprised with overall enjoyment despite retail.

>owners are having trouble with customers stealing because they're understaffed
>husband manager indicates early on what to look for when looking for potential thieves
>surprising absolutely nobody, racial profiling
>also chicks with big purses
>tailing niggers through the aisles when they're shuffling along looking like they're going to steal something
>have had 3-4 occasions of blacks complaining about being tailed
>manager is polite to their face
>talks massive shit about them when they leave
>mfw paid to be racist, sexist

lmao thanks /pol/

>have beer and spirit companies in on later days in the week to boost sales
>shit works yo
>rep comes in, shills shit for 2-3 hours, leaves open bottles behind
>sip on that shit when there's nobody in the store, managers are cool with it because we get to know the product
>tfw finishing out one night with a work-sanctioned buzz

bretty gud
>>
>That kid that only puts 2 items per bag
>End up with 20 bags
>>
>>29064575

That's one thing I never understood either. We fulfill our requirements for these jobs, who the fuck said I was obligated to pretend to enjoy dealing with peoples bullshit all day? I feel like some people just enjoy acting like assholes to retail/wageslave employees for the hell of it.
>>
File: images.png (17 KB, 350x420) Image search: [Google]
images.png
17 KB, 350x420
>work in mobile phone and telco sales
>intensely sales driven, promises of commission every month that can only be achieved by hitting 50 different targets
>cunt managers from my store manager all the way up to the franchise owner
>apply for govt. job with my useless degree
>first interview goes well
>have to fill out an assessment test
>great results
>second interview goes great
>have to supply two references
>panic
>only have one
>think think
>offer one fake reference as secondary
>they call and contact the secondary reference but my primary reference hasn't heard a single thing
>been silent for two weeks now

>that horrible feeling when I know I got so close, did so well, only to fuck the whole thing up by being a dumb fuck rather than just conceding the truth and requesting to supply a character reference instead

Welp, back to work tomorrow, I'll have to ring the hospital tomorrow and ask them to post pone my surgery as well considering they won't give me time off.
>>
>>29064616
>have had 3-4 occasions of blacks complaining about being tailed
>manager is polite to their face
>talks massive shit about them when they leave
>mfw paid to be racist, sexist

You're evil and could easily be fined or have a lawsuit brought against you. Good luck with that edgemaster.
>>
>work at planet fitness
>mfw the shit I see people doing with their bodies
Being /fit/ this seriously triggers me
>>
>>29064668
should have not committed perjury fag, you should know better that a govt job is going to check everything and have full access to employment records
>>
sorry retailfriends if you had to deal with my grandparents

>grandma wants a specific brand of milk
>has to be this brand
>asks a random stocker for it
>will sit there with her cart in the middle of the isle and wait
>she once waited an hour for bacon
>they hadn't even received the shipment of this kind of bacon yet
>"why don't you get x bacon? it's probably just as good"
>"no, it's not. i want this brand. it's the best."
>it's just microwavable bacon

>if the price jumps by just $2 she will complain to cashiers and/or managers

>she doesn't like oranges from california
>"they been having a drought so they are no good"
>store didn't have anything but california oranges
>she and 2 other employees had to look around for her oranges
>this lasted atleast 20 minutes before she said "forget it i guess i go with california ones"
>>
>>29064671
not a chance, that's what's great. it's just carrying out part of the duties in store; loss prevention.
They want to sue us for tailing someone that we think looks suspicious? good luck. we have a wall of about 7 faces of people that stole prior to the owners picking up some more staff.
Frankly, it's just a reinforcement to our belief if they're acting hyper aware and sensitive to someone following them while they're shuffling around between aisles. If they look like they're avoiding being seen, they're probably avoiding being seen.

>two black chicks come in
>shuffle around, up one aisle down another
>hanging around the vodka shelves
>go to tail, organize shelves
>they get pissy because they feel my eyes on them
>complain about it, ask where the Hennesy is
>manager tells them we keep it behind the counter for security, they get pissy and leave
>zero fucks given, bitches weren't gonna be finding the Hennesy around the vodkas

manager even offered them what they were looking for, but they left anyways because they got so sensitive about feeling followed.

And it's always low class people with the fucking Hennesy. it's hilarious.
>>
>>29064968
I dont get those people.

Like, its their fucking job to keep stuff out. Why do they think there is some in the back?
>>
>>29065014
>>manager tells them we keep it behind the counter for security, they get pissy and leave

Those fucking pocket shaped wine coolers. Those monkeys get angry when you tell them that they are behind the customer service counter. Hilarious.
>>
>>29065057
Why dont you go die anon? You are a loser.
>>
File: 1421714881590.png (305 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1421714881590.png
305 KB, 1024x768
>>29065103
You are going to have to do better than that, Tyrone.
>>
File: 1465063362510.jpg (10 KB, 249x221) Image search: [Google]
1465063362510.jpg
10 KB, 249x221
>>29065014
>And it's always low class people with the fucking Hennesy

Not only that, but Ciroc, Patron, and Grey Goose.

THEYRE NOT THAT GOOD YOU FUCKING RETARDS
>>
>saw a rat in the back room of my store
>told my boss, says they know about it and are looking into it
>it's been 3 fucking weeks and the rat is still back there
>they set up traps but the rat just eats bread, why would it go for a trap when there's literally food all around it

It's fucking gross but if I say anything I'll likely be out of a job. I never asked for this.
>>
>Those recurring customers that want to form a relationship with you

NO IM HERE TO WORK NOT BE YOUR FRIEND

I DONT KNOW YOU
>>
>>29065153

Forgot to say it's a grocery store
>>
>>29065126
>drake sings about Hennessy in song
>suddenly niggers everywhere start buying it
>drake is a jew
Coincidence?
>>
>>29065057
honest to god, we sell the fucking 200 and 375 ML Hennesy like mad. And easily 90% of the buyers are black. The Courvoisier, too. not even the 40s or 4Lokos have such a distinct demographic split.
for the handful of downsides in liquor retail, I've gotten quite a laugh out of it. I'm surprised more robots don't do it.
>>
>>29065125
>do better than that

Well I can do math problems with you, play RTS, or we can have sex. That's all I can think to do with a guy.
>>
>>29065153
Send an anonymous tip to the health inspector

If someone gets sick from this you could get in trouble
>>
File: 1426743269780.gif (995 KB, 500x283) Image search: [Google]
1426743269780.gif
995 KB, 500x283
>>29065153
>bothering an innocent rat

You need to be killed.
>>
File: this is bait.png (72 KB, 658x604) Image search: [Google]
this is bait.png
72 KB, 658x604
>>29065192
>math problems with you
Sure

>play RTS
my wrist is fucked up, I cant keep up after ten~ minutes.

>we can have sex
uh
ok
>>
>>29065195

Does it matter if I have no proof? I've only seen it once but I know it's around because there's bite marks on stuff that it tried to get into.
>>
>>29065220

I leave it be, some coworkers have tried to kill it though. I can't even kill spiders, if one gets in my room I just put it outside.
>>
>>29065263
then your co-workers aren't human and shout be shot
>>
everyone in this thread STFU. you dont know pain until you work in a toy store at christmas. frozen soundtrack all fucking day.
>>
>>29064806

Mate I know fuck me I know
>>
>>29065283

No argument here. They're retards.
>>
>>29065126
The Ciroc and Grey Goose for damn sure. We have those set far back and minimally stocked so that nobody gets any clever ideas with that shit.
The Patron is kind of a mixed bag, but that's behind the counter too because golly gee I sure wonder why
:^^^^^^^^)

>>29065178
my coworker mentioned to me that P Diddy endorsed Ciroc, I didn't know that until he mentioned it to me, and I know for damn sure that Hennesy and Goose have been namedropped in more than a handful of rap songs.

Maybe I don't have such a high horse to ride on; I'm a giant chump for expensive scotch.
>>
>Top 40's music
>everyday
I'm glad I work in an office with a white noise generator. Maximum comfy.
>>
>>29064671

Why don't you just head on back to redddit now?
>>
>>29065317
nice bragpost. heres your medal
>>
File: feels-bro-aliencs[1].png (55 KB, 500x433) Image search: [Google]
feels-bro-aliencs[1].png
55 KB, 500x433
>>29057620

>start wearing a little sticker I printed myself that says "Sorry, I'm just doing me job" so people don't get as angry as me when I have to do something stupid like deny them using more than one coupon
>manager sees it and writes me up for it
>he basically says something that means "we don't want people to think that the store is causing anything they're distressed about, because then they'll complain and damage our reputation"
>realize my nonexistent incompetency is just a scapegoat so the store can save face
>realize that I could just get fired if someone had a bad day and checked out on my register
It's a wild wild world
>>
>>29065178
>>29065309

Oddly enough, Remy Martin, Bacardi, and Rose aren't asked for a lot.
>>
>>29065338
You keep it. Everyone has to feel like a winner.
>>
>>29065126
>>29065309
oh, and before I forget, something from today
>restocking and refacing a shelf
>some somali walks in, full garb and hijab
>goes up to the counter, buys some kind of alcohol
>absolutely haram

thanks for reminding me
>>
>>29063781
You mean so you don't get a lunch break. Who doesn't pay for the 15 minute breaks?
>>
>>29065448
One 30 min lunch break and two 15 min breaks in a normal 8 hour shift

7.5 hr = Only lunch break, no 15 min breaks
>>
>that customer who complains about $6 wine
>>
>>29065502
Well that is downright dickish of him.
>>
>someone in the city is printing out thousands of coupons and selling them to people
>they're literally selling coupons to people by the hundreds
>with these coupons combined with the right sales, you can essentially get multiple $7+ items for free
>if you read the coupons you'll see the condition "not to be combined with any other offer"
>every few days a customer will try to buy over $100 of toiler paper or some shit and I get to deny them because they want to use store coupons as well to get them for free
>"B-B-BUT IT WORKED AT THE OTHER STORE!"
>"I'm aware that it works, we just aren't supposed to take it"
>they want to talk to the manager
>they say the same thing
>they take their coupons back and leave
>now we have to call the other stores in the area and let them know it's happening again
>>
>>29065502
>30 min lunch break and two 15 min breaks
Thats sounds horrible. Cant the hour be all at once? What are you supposed to do with those 15 minutes? Clock out, sit down, stand up, and clock back in?
>>
>>29063781
>tfw manager won't let you take a break and tells you to just leave early instead
>tfw tired after stocking 5 hours straight but still 4 hours to go
>manager decides to leave early and so you have to stay that extra hour anyway because someone needs to be in the store
>>
File: 1.jpg (1 MB, 3072x1728) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
1 MB, 3072x1728
>nigger tries to purchase 2500 dollars worth of pre paid credit cards with an obviously stolen card
>say that the card wont go through because I know its a scam
>he says "I gotta call my bank" and leaves

>same nigger comes back 4 hours later and tries the same shit with a different card
>once again I tell him its not accepting
>calls me a cracker and storms off
>>
>>29065537
This is great, I especially love when they admit the coupons are more than the product itself and want to use the spillover to pay for other shit
>>
>>29065680

You want to do well enough to keep from getting bitched at but not so well enough that they expect greatness from you every time you show up. Time to quit and get a new job and try to get that balance right.
>>
>>29061225
Do you have pic unedited? Couldn't find sauce through iqdb or image search.
>>
>ringing some guy up
>has a cart filled to the top with product
>eventually get everything bagged
>he just watches the whole time, doesn't put any of he bags back into his cart
>I ran out of counter space 2 minutes ago
>doesn't start to put stuff into his cart until I give him his receipt
>no room for next customers groceries
>>
File: mgq_cupid.png (391 KB, 518x587) Image search: [Google]
mgq_cupid.png
391 KB, 518x587
>>29065765

It's from Monster Girl Quest you dumb shit
>>
>>29065736
desu I'm tired of this work shit and I want to go homeless but I don't want to smell like shit and be thirsty
>>
File: s-l400.jpg (27 KB, 320x400) Image search: [Google]
s-l400.jpg
27 KB, 320x400
I work at home depot and I need to finish school. I liked it at first because I could talk to so many new cool people and just shoot the shit with them, but these past few months have made me realize that a lot of them have left and it makes me feel lonelier than when I first started. Now, instead of talking to people throughout my shift, I do my job and think to myself, thinking where I went wrong.

Also, when I started there were a lot more cute babes working here, now there is like zero desu
>>
File: 1406684128724.jpg (144 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1406684128724.jpg
144 KB, 1280x720
>in Texas if you subtotal is $6.15 the sales tax will bump it up to $6.66
>Newport cigarettes are exactly $6.15 if you just buy just one
>every time this happens they make a huge fucking deal about it and scramble around to find something else to buy so they don't have the pay the number of beast
>>
>>29060840
I feel your pain anon, grocery stores are hell to work in.
>>
>>29065895
ha ha ha that is amusing but someone has been amused once before so i must illustrate my jovial temperament eloquently
>>
>>29065846
Places like that are not really permanent jobs anyway expect for the managers and that one old man and lady who joined during high school and never left.
>>
>>29065844
We still have your picture, Joel.
>>
>>29065846
do you have to deal with the dickish Asians and Indians at your home depot too? I seriously had one guy argue with me over 52 cents
>>
File: 1355751570203.jpg (50 KB, 406x364) Image search: [Google]
1355751570203.jpg
50 KB, 406x364
>>29065992
Who is we?

How many robots is We collecting?
>>
>>29059768
This.
>somehow avoided retailcucking and went into officecucking
>>
>>29066133
Pretty sure he was the guy that went around filming random people and uploading it to youtube.
>>
File: 1411692406979.gif (2 MB, 200x151) Image search: [Google]
1411692406979.gif
2 MB, 200x151
>>29066227
Who was the guy? Joey Boots?

I hate coming here late at night when everyone talks in riddles.
>>
>>29065992
I ain't any Joel pardner
>>
>>29060614
under most liability lawl suits they would sue the manufacturer not the retailer
>>
>>29065358
Did you notice any effect from the sticker?
>>
File: 1429318264721.jpg (176 KB, 1299x1322) Image search: [Google]
1429318264721.jpg
176 KB, 1299x1322
>>29058409
I always loved listening to Rocket Man and Changes

those were the only songs I ever looked forward to during my retail days

>tfw the last song I heard on my last day was Rocket Man
>>
File: 1453436136156.jpg (27 KB, 638x693) Image search: [Google]
1453436136156.jpg
27 KB, 638x693
>Janitor takes the day off and I have to clean up the pee pee in front of the urinal
>>
File: 1458232529723.jpg (26 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
1458232529723.jpg
26 KB, 600x337
>>29061326
>mfw my bank is right next to a groccery store and I break $100s with piddly shit all the time
sorry
>>
>>29065976

I don't know senpai, there are probably like a dozen people there who have been there over 10 years, too depressing if you think about it long.

>>29066126
not a lot of those here. mostly slavs and hispanics
>>
>>29066304
Some guy that would post on here a while back but he appears to have deleted all traces of himself.
>>
>>29061225
Iktf about tutoring I got an A+ in some medieval history elective and was a "student" expert on staff. I also tutored the remedial math classes and had to deal with retards wanting me to cram all of 9th grade math into 3 hours
>>
File: 1460643145220.jpg (102 KB, 1024x592) Image search: [Google]
1460643145220.jpg
102 KB, 1024x592
>>29058409
>Cashiers get to choose station at my work
>They pick top 40
>Nothing but nu-cuck, pop rap, and Alicia Keyes clones
Just listen to this shit, this is in the 40 most popular songs right now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BpcFxNS3i8
*chorus*
*chorus*
RIDE RIDE RIDE RIDE RIDE RIDE
>>
>>29066406
Well I'm not that guy, I don't have a phone or a camera capable of recording
>>
>>29063781
What kinda third world country are you from?
for anything over 5 hours we get a paid 15 minute and an unpaid lunch.
over 7 is two paid 15 minutes and an unpaid lunch, over 9 is 1 hour lunch and the two 15s
>>
File: 1383485353459.jpg (72 KB, 558x470) Image search: [Google]
1383485353459.jpg
72 KB, 558x470
>Work at Academy Sports
>Coworkers are fat
>>
>>29061326
I fucking hate when people come in my restaurant with $100 bills. There's a sign right on the fucking till that says "No large bills!"
Unless you're ordering some shit worth $80, I don't have fucking change.

That means I gotta open another fucking register and yank THAT money out to give you fucking change. THEN your dumbass turns around and asks for a receipt to make sure you got all your fucking money back correctly.
Bitch, go to the fucking bank.
Get a fucking credit card.
Fuck you!
>>
>>29058471

I hate you faggots.

If there is people in the store and the door is unlocked I don't automatically know that you guys are closed, lock the fucking door.
>>
>store has country radio station on all day
>starting to like it

I'm getting brainwashed.
>>
Any Costcocucks here?
>>
>bosses hate me
>heard they were going to start writing me up until I got fired
>fearing for my job
>just signed a lease on an apartment
>>
File: 1411430170641.gif (1 MB, 400x256) Image search: [Google]
1411430170641.gif
1 MB, 400x256
>>29066646
If it's outlaw country or tears and beers you'd be crazy not to like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkcI81KgxYs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLsjCLF_CtM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AG5XN2BucAQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WwzYhVL5Sc
>>
File: 1334393043582.gif (1010 KB, 260x187) Image search: [Google]
1334393043582.gif
1010 KB, 260x187
>>29066733
Where you work where that would happen senpai?
>>
>>29066831
I work for fucking kroger. They'll pay you okay and give you hours but they treat you like shit they scraped off the bottom of their shoe. There's so many rules and regulations that it's a challenge to stay out of trouble and if you screw even one thing up you get written up. No exceptions.
>>
>>29066875
I heard Krogers only hires virgins, is that true?
>>
>>29066640
Yeah, I love when people pay for something that's like $4.35 with a fucking $100 bill.

I work at Starbucks and it happens every so often, usually right when I open.
>Your total is $7.78
>Pulls out a hundred
>"Sorry" :^)
>Give them pretty much the entire fucking till as change

Get a card for that. It's mostly old people though, and I guess they probably don't understand what a credit or debit card is.
>>
>>29066937
judging by the amount of times I've caught people fucking in the meat cooler I'd say not
>>
>>29066937
>It says here that your hymen was shattered out of wedlock and your labia resemble cold cuts. Is this true?
>>
File: 1412708745323.jpg (74 KB, 439x600) Image search: [Google]
1412708745323.jpg
74 KB, 439x600
>>29066965
>tfw you realize all your coworkers are caught in a tangled web of sex with each other
>except you
>>
File: 1399367365067.png (91 KB, 645x428) Image search: [Google]
1399367365067.png
91 KB, 645x428
>working retail
>but selling porn and dildos, etc
>mfw
>>
Be thankful you do not work in a warehouse as an order selector. Kill me.
>>
File: 1415684691402.gif (84 KB, 403x392) Image search: [Google]
1415684691402.gif
84 KB, 403x392
>work at pizza place

>"Do you deliver to..."
>I'm sorry, but no
>"Don't you guys deliver in a 5 mile radius, we're, like right there."
>I'm sorry, but you're outside of our area
>"I'll give you a good tip, please we're jus-"
>I'm sorry.
>"FUCK YOU!"

>those people who call 2 mins before close

>those people who got their order, and complain, literally 2 mins before close and ask for a new one

>those fucking customers who completely fuck you over

>those customers who ask for cheap specials and complain when you can't go any lower, even though you probably could

>those customers who get angry that you can't do an online special instore, because it's not in your system

>those customers who order food, when they come to pick it up, want to add a drink to their order, and you tell them you'll have to ring it up as a second order because the system doesn't allow you to edit it like that, so they get pissed and say fuck it and decide against the drink

>those customers who bring large bills

>those customers who start getting pissed their order isn't ready even though we're fucking slammed

>those customers who get angry their pizza wasn't delivered on time, not knowing we were fucking slammed or theres only one goddman driver taking multiple deliveries at once

>
>>
File: 1439093720363.png (120 KB, 265x252) Image search: [Google]
1439093720363.png
120 KB, 265x252
>>29066791
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_jFpa8WzYw
>>
I don't mind working g in retail but damn, my back hurts bending down all the time to lift things or stack shelves. This will be a nightmare in 30 years when I'm 58.
>>
>>29057620
>at least its not christmas
>we don't have to listen to Christmas songs on repeat for a month
>>
File: 1459740669192.png (380 KB, 760x725) Image search: [Google]
1459740669192.png
380 KB, 760x725
>>29067246
Good shit senpai keep on truckin' in your white ford pickup truck senpai
>>
I work two jobs, one retail, one as a swimming instructor.

as a swimming instructor
>every day I feel like killing myself
>before work I think about just not going and offing myself in an empty, naturey type place I have some memories in
>have to pretend to be happy and have to have lots of energy and smile and shit for kids
>I'm dying inside

working retail
>at least I'm allowed to be miserable
>half the people treat you like you're stupid
>4/10 people are themselves stupid
>1/10 people treats you like shit
>>
>>29066456
Stressed out plays way too damn much here. It's actually tolerable up until the last 20 seconds or so. Completely ruins an otherwise slightly above average song.
>>
File: 1399760904474.png (449 KB, 551x498) Image search: [Google]
1399760904474.png
449 KB, 551x498
>Coworkers dared me to drink a whole gallon of milk
>I did it
How can one drink taste so good
This stuff is so creamy and nourishing
>>
File: 1401650483486.gif (457 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
1401650483486.gif
457 KB, 500x282
>>29067828
Funny how T-Swift isn't even vaguely country anymore

H-ha ha...
>>
>>29067086
My previous job was in a warehouse. No air conditioning in all areas except one place and summer is a real killer here. Dodged that bullet.
>>
File: 1433731451127.jpg (18 KB, 320x286) Image search: [Google]
1433731451127.jpg
18 KB, 320x286
>used to work at walgreens for a year
>had to end every customer convo with "be well"
I'm glad it's over
Also
>sick old people about to die
>dirty hobos buying cigs with change/wet money
>nigs trying to use fake bills straight out of a printer
>cunt manager getting pissy every time I didn't suggest a sale
>that godawful Christmas music
>scheduling me for night shifts and then morning shift the next day
>bitches with albums full of coupons(half of which are expired)
>>
>those customers who get angry their pizza wasn't delivered on time, not knowing we were fucking slammed or theres only one goddman driver taking multiple deliveries at once

if you're going to charge me a 3 dollar delivery fee AND expect me to fucking tip, you better believe i'm gonna call you nonstop after 45 minutes asking where my pizza is, faggot.
>>
File: 1414952174293.gif (249 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1414952174293.gif
249 KB, 480x360
>Work in toys
>Someone comes across the whole store for me to get their bag of crawfish they ordered
>Head to the meat cooler
>No one's there so I locate the crawfish
>They're dead
>Begin stressing about how to tell this man that his $50 order is dead
>Decide I'll just bring him the crawdads as they are and tell him they're sleeping
>On my way out of the cooler the meat supervisor asks me what I'm doing and I tell him the crawfish were like this when I found them
>He starts screaming and clapping at the crawfish and after a minute they start rustling
>He tells me to bring them to the customer and whispers that I'm stupid
>>
I love you guys. I always think of these threads when I'm shopping.
>>
File: 1449532643096.jpg (32 KB, 480x454) Image search: [Google]
1449532643096.jpg
32 KB, 480x454
>be a cashier
>customers ask you to if they can use your bathroom
>it's in a hard to find place in the store
>and it's locked

I don't understand why people come to me with this bullshit instead of telling someone working the floor.
>>
>>29068182
Do you have a loud speaker? I would always just call someone from the floor to come deal with that kind of shit.
>>
>>29068122
That's adorable. You're adorable anon.
>>
File: 20160605_025905.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
20160605_025905.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1944
Who /lazy/ here
>mfw working overnights
>>
>>29068388
>Overnights at planet fitness
Lotta fatties?
>>
>>29068388

are those gym bags under your eyes?

I kid, I kid.

I didn't sleep at all tonight (5:30 AM rn) work today is going to be a Doozy
>>
File: 1357098998431.jpg (9 KB, 248x233) Image search: [Google]
1357098998431.jpg
9 KB, 248x233
Bump for returning night shift robots
>>
> work at movie theater
>always work alone
>watch a few movies
>sweep a bitta popcorn

aint too bad, and 90% of the staff are girls
>>
>>29060840
>>Doing the express lane
>>10 items
>>Every time EVERY fucking time, they come in with 23 items.
>>explain this is for 10 items or less

FUCKING THIS

>store i worked at (krogers) all about muh customers
>so if I'm cashiering the express lane I have to do their items even if they have fucking 40
>this also means I have to bag the groceries too which increases the time it takes me to scan and all that, which lowers my items scanned per minute, which I get reviewed on

I'm glad that after two weeks they fired me for not showing up when I wasn't scheduled and got no call that I was supposed to come in.
>>
>>29057620

I fucking love this one, its my favourite experience, direct hit in the customers face

>work in biggest computer store in country
>customer walks in
>looks visably nervous or in a big hurry
>he is in the back of the line but keeps shouting ''you need to help me first! my car is parked outside but i don't have a parking ticket!"
>eventually we help him
>he says he bought something in the store, but theres no 5 EURO discount as ''promised''
>look up the discount rules for that week, seems like the 5 EURO discount is only for online orders, not in-store.
>keep in mind this whole cashback progress takes a very long time, customer keeps looking outside for parking wardens
>manager being the cuck that he is, gives him his fucking 5 EURO anyways (5 EURO is like $ 5).
>customer rushes outside at the speed of light
>hear him screaming at the parking warden, he got a 70 euro ticket
>my and my colluegues laugh our balls off the rest of the day
>>
>>29065569

thats illigal in my country, you can sue your boss for that
>>
>>29069309
Not really but most of them do weird crossfit shit
>>29069443
I get like 4 hours of sleep through the days I work and steal sugar free rockstars all night
>>
Man it feels good that I've never had to work in a retail store because of nepotism, thank god my family owns a bank.

How weird is it that you guys have to suffer through all that shit while there are people like me making 10X as much money while doing nothing but posting on 4chan all day?
>>
>>29057620
>work at a local home depot
> guy comes in asking me to sharpen his knife
>looks bald and his eyes are full of bloodlust
>suddenly screams that his knife has been in more human bodies than the other customers can imagine
>all the while i sharpen his knife
>come back
>check him out
>he leaves
>customers look at me with horror
>i just say: ''dont look at me i have autism''

aah good times
>>
>>29057620
>tfw just left a retail job after 2 years
>before that was a waiter for 4 because normie wageslave parents made me get a job at 16 and pay rent whilst in college :^)
>finally got an office job, 9-5, monday - friday

on one hand this makes me feel like my youth is officially over and im entering the 60 year grinder of work until im dead, but at least i have consistent time off and enough money to move out into my own neet cave and have a car.

i almost got to smash a qt recently but couldnt bring her back to my parents house to smash. I need to get a fucking flat or something if i want to get laid
>>
>>29072064
Nice bragpost. Here's your cookie.
>>
File: Diversity.png (223 KB, 263x349) Image search: [Google]
Diversity.png
223 KB, 263x349
I have tales to tell from the Australian retail, specifically a 'prototype store':

>Christmas time, everything's fucked
>Working in the freezer section all day, 8-5
>Grouchy old man with walled eye asks me where a specific pie brand is
>No fucking idea, but probably the pies, right?
>He gets ludicrously shitty at me after I guide him to the pies, asks to see manager
>Managers all busy, say they're busy; he asks for a manager at the front desk, lists me by name for 'terrible
service'
>Manager does the exact same shit as me, he smiles as he walks away; manager kindly talks to me about customer service

>Working in freezer a year later
>Husband and wife come by us three, shit-talk us
>"OHOHOO, you've finally gotten something FROZEN for once, huh?"
> I only notice, ignore
>Same fuckers come back a week later, husband presents me with breached linguine container
>Bitch arks up, "Oh look, they're stocking eggs! Something cold for once!"
>Husband glares at me, "Do you know what this is, son?", "Don't think stuff like this belongs on the shelf, huh?"
>throws it down in front of me, that shit wasn't broken before

>old man tried to steal strawberries, I come off like an asshat refusing to check them out
>woman gets feisty after a product scans for the wrong price, from normal voice to REEEE
>customer assumes I know their native Asian language, speaks to me in pure...something
>roastie flirts with me in-line, realize she's in a public supermarket wearing only swimwear in suburbia
>customers start a war with the managers, in front of me, keep saying "but you're ok hun, you're alright...."

I need to leave this job.
>>
>>29067810

Swimming instructor sounds like it could be a nice job, if you like kids.
>>
>>29072085
>dont look at me i have autism
kek
>>
Does anyone else think food stamps should be a lot more limited in what you can buy with them? Every day I get people coming in and buying $50+ worth of junk food and they also have an 18 pack of beer and they want cigarettes too. There straight up needs to be a "snack" category that we can file the UPCs for candy, soda, chips, etc. under and exclude them from EBT purchases.
>>
>tell customer not to ride the bikes on sale in the store
>customer rides at top fucking speed
>falls
>blames the store
We have big as signs everywhere, even at the entrance. Why must people go out of their way to break safety rules
>>
>>29066875
F4L here
Send help
>>
File: mdAXGyP.jpg (641 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
mdAXGyP.jpg
641 KB, 3264x2448
I worked at a video store for about two years, left about a month ago. Got a few stories.

>autistic guy comes in
>asks if we have Rush Hour 2
>yes it's in the action section under "R" alphabetically
"could you go get it for me?"
>sure
>he stops me
>pulls a copy of Rush Hour 1 out of his backpack
"I want the cover with Jackie Chan on the left"
>what
>go back to action section, pull out Rush Hour 2
>he yells from the front of the store
"JACKIE ON THE LEFT"
>what the fuck
>turns out Rush Hour released two different covers for the movie. pic related
>bring it up, ring him out
>a week later he comes in asking for Rush Hour 3 with Jackie on the left

another one
>this homeless druggie guy is banned from the store
>whenever he'd come in he'd do weird dances in front of the cameras (he talks to "spirits" in the cameras, he says)
>steal shit
>scare away customers
>one day he comes in wearing a suit
>autistic coworker goes to kick him out
"Oh you must mean my brother"
>guy manages to convince autistic coworker that he's his own twin
>autistic coworker lets him stay, he ends up stealing a candy bar
>winks at the camera on the way out

got a few more if anyone cares
>>
>>29067828
It's called Blurry Face, not Stressed out
>>
>supervisors do everything in their power to not give you 40 hours
>become cool with store manager and he overrides their schedule
>>
>>29062030
Are you absolutely certain that your job does not entail answering customer enquirers? Would be very strange if it wasnt
>>
File: 1465139848141.jpg (20 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1465139848141.jpg
20 KB, 320x320
>>29062281
>at work I have to do my job *waaahhh* its not fair
>>
>>29074781
>JACKIE ON THE LEFT
>muh sides
Do continue
>>
>>29066388
>you wanna break a 100 without buying anything so they could just give you 5 20s or whatever in 3 seconds
>sorry you have to buy something
>you buy some shit that costs 0.59 so they have to fiddle fuck with all types of coins
>bitch about it later
Probably some retard manager's decision tho, not the cashier's but still it's retarded
>>
>>29075179

Why don't you just ask for 20s at the bank? Or use the ATM which literally only spits out 20s? Why are you carrying $100 bills unless you actually have to pay large amounts in cash?
>>
>>29075164

>get a call one day asking if we have any Blue's Clues DVDs
>yeah sure we have about 4 or 5 in stock
"make sure it's the cartoon one and not that stupid puppet one"
>uh we have one copy of the cartoon one
"set it aside we'll be right in"
>3 hours later a couple walks in
>asks for the Blue's Clues DVD
>give it to them, they want to look around some more anyway
>a few minutes later see the boyfriend waving me down from the kid's section
>get a coworker to cover the counter and I go see what he wants
>they're browsing through the rest of the Blue's Clues
"hey buddy, we run a YouTube channel and were wondering if we could film you ringing us up?"
>yeah sure why not
>ten minutes later they come up
>guy gets his camera ready
>girlfriend pulls something out of her backpack
>it's a fucking Woody doll
>whatthefuck
>she starts speaking in a fake Woody accent, as if he was ringing me up
>guy throws a $50 at me from off-camera
>try to contain my laughter
>they eventually leave
>what just happened

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MzNbUczUJw
>>
>>29075385
Oh good lord what in the fuck
Why
>>
>>29065161
Lol I have the exact opposite problem
>be an antisocial sperglord
>cashiers from local store remember me, my buying habits and joke about it
>h-heh y-yeah :)
They have good intentions tho and it doesn't bother me much.
>tfw alternating between to local stores, all of which know me by now, to buy beer to hide alcoholism
>>
>>29075179
It's really aggravating to break someone's large bills if the register only starts with $100
>>
>>29073150
I remember a day when EBT stopped working for Monster energy drinks and a bunch of customers went apeshit because they couldn't get it without them. The same thing happens anytime a woman comes in and tries to buy candy for their kids that is also a toy (not considered food). I'm not surprised so many people in the area I work in have black teeth.
>>
File: 1364681839571.jpg (52 KB, 620x448) Image search: [Google]
1364681839571.jpg
52 KB, 620x448
>tfw listening to the same exact stupid fucking "funny" commercial over the speakers advertising avocados EVERY SINGLE DAY 50+ TIMES A FUCKING DAY

IT'S BEEN WEEKS NOW M A K E I T F U C K I N G S T O P WHOS I N CHA RGE OF TH IS F U C K I NG THING
>>
guess i can post my story

>be cashier
>two gypsies come with a mountain of air refresher
>gypsies pay'n leave but not for long
>they come back with fire in theire eyes
>fat daughter starts to get in my face and asks why they had to pay so much
>tell her that 1,95 x 16 = 31,20
>calls me, and i shit you not, a racist.....
>lucky for me the years of browsing /pol/ made me able to defuse this situation rather quickly
>tell her she can't act like this and expect me to eat this shit while grining
>she tells me she wasn't acting....
>Can't_handle_this_shit.jpg
>start throwing the shit of the counter telling her to get the fuck out of my face and stop delaying the other customers
>call her subhuman trash and shitskin
>her father thinks he can talk shit to now
>come around the counter walking towards her father
>gypsie remembers he is urgendly needet outside but he's not fleeing without screaming shit in my direction as he was leaving through the door
>sit in menagers office
>tell him he can fuck right off im not taking shit of human waist

didn't work for the company to begin with was just there because someone was on vacation
was there for 2 more weeks
>>
File: lelbron computer.jpg (16 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
lelbron computer.jpg
16 KB, 300x300
>>29062030
>go to walmart
>be right infront of the paper towels
>ask worker who was stacking where they were
>mfw
>>
>>29060614
>customer wants a vacuum cleaner that sucks
>ends up buying the worst vacuum cleaner
you might be autistic, it sounds like they weren't joking
>>
File: image.jpg (98 KB, 1060x404) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98 KB, 1060x404
>>29068182
>customer asks cashier if they can use our bathroom
>cashier tells them to go to the pizza place next door because theirs is public
>customer starts pissing themself and it runs all over the entryway as they walk outside
>have to spend 15 minutes wearing rubber gloves and mop piss off the floor while other customers watch as they cash out

Tbh as embarrassing as it was if they even tried getting to our bathroom they would've peed all over the carpeting instead of the tile.
>>
>>29061225
I worked as a writing tutor in college, and it was pretty fucking amazing. It'd get slammed around midterm and finals, but for the most part I'd only have an appointment or two per shift, and sometimes none at all. I was literally getting paid to browse 4chan some days.

If any of you bros looking for part-time jobs have tutoring centers on campus that are hiring, I'd highly recommend it. Beats the hell out of retailcuckery.
>>
>>29061513

You must go to low-class grocers like ALDI right? Surely a full-service grocer has baggers.

Also, you can't imagine the speed that some baggers work at. 2 hands, multiple items per hand if feasible and they haul ass. It's much more efficient than some 80 year old taking half an hour to bag their groceries.
>>
File: 1462447931954.jpg (43 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1462447931954.jpg
43 KB, 500x500
>Grad student
>Get a Graduate Assistant position
>get to sit around in our "office" for 2 hours a day 5 days a week
>Some days professors I am assigned to dont need me so they just send me back home (I walk so no gas wasted)
>750$ every 2 weeks

can't wait till fall starts back
>>
>support manager at walmart
>mfw tormenting the slavies constantly and getting the DMs coached for under performance

This job is based. Work your way up the retail ladder and you will enjoy it, anons...

>>29076756

Jesus, I have no education and I still make significantly more than that.
>>
>>29076915
It's 2h a day what did you expect.
>>
>>29077236
honestly?
i wouldn't even bother to stand up for 2h a day
>>
I work at Target. Usually do closing shifts cause i go to college as fulltime student. Walk to car after shift, 11pm.
There was bigass thing of jif sitting on center of hood of my car. I dont know who or why.
I secretly hope it was some kind of secret admirer ._.
>>
>>29077359
Specifically a yandere admirer
>>
>>29060840
iktf anon, I used to work at walmart and target and they both just as sucked, always got bitchy people and even if I have a few items in my cart, i offer to help bag because im just standing there waiting as the cashier scans my stuff. Also couponers were the worst, i;m glad I left both of those shit holes. Fuck those cunts
>>
>>29075385
Ur a cutie anon
>>
>>29061942
Depends on where you are working really, i have 1 hour breaks so i usually drive home or go to jack in the box and drive home, not that bad desu
>>
File: 1463340362488.png (619 KB, 500x722) Image search: [Google]
1463340362488.png
619 KB, 500x722
>>29061326
Back with more retailfag stories

>Lady drops a jar of pickles in parking lot, directly behind one of the wheels of her car
>I say "let me clean it before you back up"
>(You know so she doesn't fucking ruin her tires with glass)
> start cleaning it up
>she fucking starts the engine
>realize what she's doing
>get out of the way so I don't lose a fucking hand
>she backs up directly into broken glass and drives away
>I tried to warn you

>go on break
>go into bathroom
>somebody left a shitbomb in the toilet
>hurrr durr my mommy didn't teach me how to clean up after myself
>man, I'm on break

>bagging as usual
>hear old woman complaining at the next check out lane
>''young people these days don't offer to carry out my groceries anymore"
>bagger for that lane asks "do you want help going out ma'am?"
>"No"
>"They used to ask."
>"they used to".
>hear her keep repeating that, as she fades into the distance.

>women who reach into their bras or shirt and pull out money

>Black family
>buys a shitton of meat, chicken etc. fucking sunny delight, a million packets of kool-aid and chips, and as many 12 packs of soda you could possibly fit on a shopping cart
>This is gonna be on Ebt
>No fucking shit

>Coworkers who take 10-15 minutes more then they have slotted to them on their break
>fuck you

>People who swipe their cards right at the beginning of the checkout process and then get so royally pissed off when they have to do it again.
>I fucking explain that sometimes if you do it too early, it doesn't work for whatever reason.
>They still do it as soon as they walk up.

I DON'T FUCKING TALK TO HEAR MY VOICE.
>>
>>29077359
Somebody parked in front of you and they put the peanut butter on your hood so they could open their trunk. Then they forgot to turn around and grab their peanut butter.

Enjoy your free peanut butter
>>
File: 1413608372142.gif (1 MB, 828x828) Image search: [Google]
1413608372142.gif
1 MB, 828x828
>Try to help customer with question or help them in general
>they get upset and walk away
>try to say sorry or have a good day
>they fucking ignore me
WELL SORRY FOR APOLOGIZING FOR MY LIMITED KNOWLEDGE IN THE HARDWARE DEPARTMENT YOU CUNTS . I'M FUCKING TRYING, FUCK YOU ALL
>>
>>29077595
>Ebt
britbong here. what is that
>>
>>29077733

Foods Stamps card. used by niggers, white trash, and dirty, dirty mudslimes
>>
File: 1462394059393.jpg (285 KB, 1625x3000) Image search: [Google]
1462394059393.jpg
285 KB, 1625x3000
>>29077595
>Trying to understand the smokers rasp or Black people's butchery of the human language
>someone asks me for something
>I have no fucking idea what they said
>I ask them to repeat it
>they do and I still can't understand them
>they get pissed off
>>29077733
Free food from the government, supposed to be a stepping stone while you get back on your feet after a rough time, but Black people use it to buy all the junkfood you could imagine.
It makes me sick to my stomach to think about.
I've heard them talking about it and they swear "they need it"
>>
>>29075179
Why do you want to break a 100 if you aren't buying anything? Let the bank or the people you're actually making a transaction with handle that for you. Nigger.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 118

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.