[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Going to a sports bar for the first time tonight. Do I have to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: moonman mac.jpg (8 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
moonman mac.jpg
8 KB, 480x360
Going to a sports bar for the first time tonight. Do I have to wear team clothing and cheer? Can I talk shit when my team scores? Also should I eat before I know bar food is pricey, I looked at the menu. And should I do shots before in the parking lot?

Also can you just sit there and not talk? If you want? Any other tips would help thanks
>>
>>29057031
If you go to the sport bar with friends, which I doubt, just go with the flow, shout when they shout, drink when you feel like drinking, say 'D'oh" when player fails to score, and yell "bullshit!" every time judge intervenes

If you go to sports bar alone, either don't go at all, or sit there and do not talk.Enjoy drinking, and if you must pick 1 team and hope they will win
>>
>>29057280
i will be going alone.
>>
>>29057313
You can as well enjoy it. You must feel atmosphere in the bar. If people are shouting when somebody scores, you can shout too. Otherwise, just keep it to yourself, watch the game, and drink your poison.
If you smoke, you can go smoke and socialize with strangers in the break time.
>>
>>29057392
Thanks, im just worried about making a mess when eating wings, and like eating so close next to someone bar seating seems cramped
>>
>>29057415
Choose right spot, ideally have 1 free space on both sides. When somebody comes and sits next to you, he will watch for not making mess to you, not the other way around
You too try not to make a mess, this is bar, not basement.
Do you think there will be many people?
>>
>>29057461
Probably its a saturday night, and usually busy around here and its nice out
>>
>>29057514
Is there any particular sport event or game you are planning to watch?
>>
>>29057562
Stanley cup playoffs
>>
>>29057031
MOONMAN MOONMAN
>>
>>29057573
Too normie for me, I had to check what the fuck is stanley cup.
Hookey, nice. This must be fun to watch, at least it's a dynamic sport
Hope you will have fun anon
>>
>>29057609
cant you see, .......
>>
>>29057637
thanks, and yea hockey is def a fun sport to watch. Thanks !
>>
>>29057280
Ignore this advice, OP.

>>29057031
Look, you go alone, you pregame with 2 drinks. Slam one when you get there and shoot for 4-5 total within the first 60 minutes, and 1-2 per hour thereafter. Eat a little snack if you wish.. nobody gives a fuck. It's a bar.

As for socializing, feel free. If you sit next to someone, go ahead and commentate about the game, call people a fucking idiot (players in the game, not people in the bar). Do the whole normie thing. People go to bars to talk to randoms sitting next to them. Doesn't matter if they're with a few other people, or alone. Don't overthink it. Just enjoy it and do whatever.

That being said... if you want to stay quiet, that sounds depressing as hell. Go drink at home if that's the case.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.